Diamond Skin for Thief?

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Would it really be that imbalanced for a Thief to trait into gaining Resistance or immunity to conditions while in Stealth? Shadow’s Embrace is great and all, but it doesn’t seem to be enough.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Resistance on reveal would be better so people don’t camp in stealth to be totally immune to condi builds. It’d also make people think twice about using an 8s reveal on a thief.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Mmm it depends in what situation of course. I think resistance in Stealth is maybe a bit too much:P Expecially in WvW:P But we do need some better condition cleanse I believe.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yes, please. Aegis or invulnerability on reveal.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Now that I think about it, in the previews for June 23rd patch, guarded initiation was like a worse diamond skin. Now it’s just entirely useless.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Upping the condi removal would be welcome. My other mains can shed conditions pretty regular but my thief builds are all condi-weak.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

I’ve suggested this before and it got laughed at:

Give Revealed Training 5s of Resistance.

Boom. Condi problems are solved in a reasonable way.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Resistance on reveal is honestly not a bad nor over the top idea, especially if tied to a trait like Revealed Training, which concur with Panic Strike, so it’s not a free trait to take.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I do belive given the relaince thief has on the SA line that there should be a trait IN THAT line that offers some sort of benefit if the thief revealed.

Revealed training is sort of like this but in the wrong line. It has to be something more than that so it a “Yes you can reveal me but then I get…..”

This trait would only work on forced reveals from other players.

Example

On being revealed gain 6 ini. In SA line only works on enemy reveals. 10 second ICD

Resistance another good one

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Would it really be that imbalanced for a Thief to trait into gaining Resistance or immunity to conditions while in Stealth? Shadow’s Embrace is great and all, but it doesn’t seem to be enough.

SE is way better now against condi builds than before, if I ever run a Stealth Build I barely have problems with conditions.

A problem I also have with Resistance on Reveal is, that it – too – mostly chains with Stealth builds. However it would be good, especially given all the Reveal thrown around to multiple classes.

What I’d prefer is some resistance in a trait line that is not SA… good options (imo) would be CS or Acro

PvP, Teef & Engi

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Especially after they removed immobilize/fear/etc removal so we can instadie from it. :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Don’t see why they wouldn’t make Protection affect Condi Damage and give Protection during Reveal.
Put that on Revealed Training instead. Though I suppose PvE thieves will qq…

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Resistance on reveal is honestly not a bad nor over the top idea, especially if tied to a trait like Revealed Training, which concur with Panic Strike, so it’s not a free trait to take.

So much this! This would give us the condi defense that we are lacking so much and it would offer more build diversity by competing with Panic Strike. Also… my s/d thief doesn’t really need Panic Strike because of Infiltrator’s strike, so it’s a win win.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: BringerOfDefeat.9834

BringerOfDefeat.9834

Giving resistance on reveal would greatly increase condi removal outside of stealth, since thief doesn’t really have that much condi removal. Though I do think about how easy it would be to kill condi builds. Already having a trait that removals condis while in stealth, regen health and initiative in stealth, and take less damage out side stealth, and than gaining resistance when revealed. As a D/D player I would really love this, chaining CnD without the loss the imitative, while keeping my health up and condis away, before landing that perfect burst and making applied condis do nothing, as soons a revealed is gone I lay another CnD. In my head it seems a bit to much adding it in

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Thief would strongly benefit from having multiple “Revealed Plus” traits spread across different lines. Revealed Training in DA is currently the only one, and it’s decent, but it could be improved. Other possible Revealed traits could be gaining Protection for the duration of Revealed or Resistance for the duration of Revealed. Spreading these options as a theme across multiple trait lines is key to improving durability and build diversity.

Diamond Skin for Thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

Thief would strongly benefit from having multiple “Revealed Plus” traits spread across different lines.

Resistance + Stability while revealed as a GM trait on acro would be great.

On the times you do stealth in a non-SA build, it’s all about immediately setting up a stealth attack combo and revealing yourself.

Remember that ‘stability on revealed for 1 s’ acro GM trait? It’d be like that, only good! (edit)Also, “while revealed”, not “when revealed”. If someone wants to put the spotlight on us, let us shine!

Kole —Thief
youtube

(edited by Woaden.9425)