Dragon hunter traps instakill thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: IchigoHatake.5098

IchigoHatake.5098

As a thief using melee weapons its really hard to kill the guard when those traps kinda insta kill you …..

in Thief

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Don’t walk into them, or just dodge into them.

in Thief

IchigoHatake.5098

i dodge through their traps they have gs and marks, i dont dodge through their traps gg, i go ranged (seems to be the only way to beat them)

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

well, one of their traps is bugged right now and it hits really, really hard, three times (that’s the bugged part). best part? it triggers on CC with the right adept trait. guess who has a shadowstep that also CCs?

translation: don’t use steal on dragonhunters if you have sleight of hand equipped.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: gpassucc.5961

gpassucc.5961

Glad to hear that one of their traps is bugged (sounds like the warrior rifle burst bug). I learned over the weekend to let someone else approach a DH on a point as stealing in was insta death =D at least I know why now!

[EG] – SoR – Persies Sunreaver (war),
Persiës Sunreaver (ele), Persiës (ranger),
Gromphe Baenre (necro), Përsies (guard)

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

Tried that. At the end of my dodge roll I took 30k damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Tried that. At the end of my dodge roll I took 30k damage.

Those traps hurt, had a DH in one game kill 3 foolish people who tried to rush him on a capture point

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Yeah https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragments_of_Faith hits really hard and it hits 3 times. True Shot probably also needs a better animation for how hard it hits (almost as high as backstab).

Vipassana

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

I was 13k+ crit by an Engineer using Flame Gun over the weekend in WvW testing my Daredevil. Wish we could pull off that kind of damage with a 1500 range.

Attachments:

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: gpassucc.5961

gpassucc.5961

Gun Flame is the improved version of the Warrior rifle burst ability when they take their elite spec. Also I’ve had true shot hit me way harder than my backstabs hit. Running marauders in PVP I get maybe, maybe 6k backstabs. I got true shot for 9k+ over the weekend. Sometimes I feel like there is no incentive to play a thief when the damage is so low compared to what other classes can do.

At least it’s fun. I think.

[EG] – SoR – Persies Sunreaver (war),
Persiës Sunreaver (ele), Persiës (ranger),
Gromphe Baenre (necro), Përsies (guard)

in Thief

FeelsAlright.5860

I was 13k+ crit by an Engineer using Flame Gun over the weekend in WvW testing my Daredevil. Wish we could pull off that kind of damage with a 1500 range.

Bro…. Print Screen. It’s 2015.

Vipassana

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Hehe for some reason my print screen nor screenshot was working. Maybe HoT beta was disabling it or something wrong w my OS but I had to take a pic so ended up using my smartphone.

Can you imagine the legion of whines and immediate nurf if a thief had a 1500 range 14k crit ability ? The servers would come down for a hotfix immediately.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

Hehe for some reason my print screen nor screenshot was working. Maybe HoT beta was disabling it or something wrong w my OS but I had to take a pic so ended up using my smartphone.

Can you imagine the legion of whines and immediate nurf if a thief had a 1500 range 14k crit ability ? The servers would come down for a hotfix immediately.

No joke..

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

yes it’S really not understandable why 1200y ranged attacks that instant kill any zerker build are still ingame . – same with ranger pets .

Either the QA is on vacation or ppl over at Anet have a plan behind all this, perhaaps every MMO must have unbalanced abilities / builds aka fotm ( in GW2 its more like foty ) .

in Thief

Posted by: Xvenger.9567

Xvenger.9567

yep gun flame that skill. I believe it pierces too.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Ignarel.7916

Ignarel.7916

Only if traited, but yeah, piercing 1200 ranged instakill.
Did I mention that it’s on 5s cooldown?

Edit: and a burst skill, so it can be traited to get a 100% crit chance without precision

(edited by Ignarel.7916)

in Thief

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I hear that it is bugged and hits twice instead of once. As it stands, it hits harder than the normal rifle f1, has a bunch of additional effects, casts faster, recharges faster, and requires only 10 adrenaline.

I played some gunflame berzerker this beta and while it was quite funny for the first hour or two, it was blatantly overpowered.

here is a link to a video showcasing the skill in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364N7-VAdlo .

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

As a thief using melee weapons its really hard to kill the guard when those traps kinda insta kill you …..

Triggering one trap, no. Triggering multiple of them at the same time, yes.

Rangers can do the same thing and they’re more vicious because they have a trap that knocks you down.

Thieves traps on the other hand, you’ll get knockdown, cripple, poison and double-teamed. Not an insta-kill but they’ll still die.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

IchigoHatake.5098

As of this moment, dragon hunter traps does way more dmg and is way bigger in range than any other class’s traps.

in Thief

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

i got almost instakilled from the aegis trap. 13k dmg

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I really wish I could transplant this entire thread to the Guardian forums where the caterwauling is incessant that “DH traps are terrible” and “I’ll never use them. Would uninstall first!”

Glad you’re all enjoying them. I know I am…

((places trap))

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

yeah, once I knew about a DH using those traps, I could beat them as S/D daredevil.
Maintain pressure and try to bait some dodges with your SB, then use Flanking Strike and your dodges to trigger the traps while staying as safe as can be (be ready to Shadowstep away instantly if you mess up).
Long fight, taking much more effort that it’s worth spending on them, but it’s doable.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

IchigoHatake.5098

if it’s a long fight and took you alot of skill to win then it shows how terrible thieves are, we are supposed to be this bursty class yet every class manage to survive a long time and requires alot of skill play out of you. We need a insta win button

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

Once upon a time, a team mate DH:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTBsV-A0eLk
I played DD a lot against him (several set and build variation) , this can’t be win.
Damage trade from range lost again True shot, damage trade lost at melee range against Fragment of faith (insta 15K. 1st hit is bugged, and seem to never crit, 2nd and 3rd deal up to 6K each). You take the same damages if you CC DH at close range. if the guy is smart if can just leave the Maw trap on him and just spam True shot from 1200 units range..
Enjoy he’s video btw =)

Attachments:

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Weird, it shows horizontally in preview but not when I click on it and goes sideways. o.O

If you added GW2 to Steam as a non Steam game it will take a screenshot for you. It’ll screenshot any stubborn game.

I hear that it is bugged and hits twice instead of once. As it stands, it hits harder than the normal rifle f1, has a bunch of additional effects, casts faster, recharges faster, and requires only 10 adrenaline.

Even without the bug the damage is still insane + aoe. And they had the nerve to remove ricochet from us. ._. Why we bullied so much by nerfbat + anti-funbat. ;-;

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

well, one of their traps is bugged right now and it hits really, really hard, three times (that’s the bugged part). best part? it triggers on CC with the right adept trait. guess who has a shadowstep that also CCs?

translation: don’t use steal on dragonhunters if you have sleight of hand equipped.

Where did they confirm it was bugged? The trait indicates it hits multiple times (fragments) and does 1500 damage per fragment, with a chance to crit on each fragment. In order to hit hard with the trap it is based on +power, which means the DH has to run Mara and/or Berserker and then the DH also has to crit each hit (full zerk build can hit around 3.5k-5k per fragment on 100% glass targets depending on might stacks). The trap itself also has a 36 second CD (when traited).

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I had two instances of falling over dead with over 15k HP over the weekend and nothing appeared in the combat log to explain the damage. At first I thought it was a bug or built up damage that hit all at once but after the second time noticed both hits came from a Dragon Hunter. Strange that it didn’t show up in my combat log.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

docMed.7692

I don’t have access to screenshots now (at work), but I can see the trap hitting for 15k (in WvW numbers) if you stood in it for the whole activation phase (it’s around 11.5-12k on full glass in PvP if you happen to get all 3 fragments to crit). It should say something like [fragments of faith hits you for X] or ... [critically strikes you for X] and appear 3 times; and then obviously the sum of those damages is how much damage the trap did overall.

in Thief

FeelsAlright.5860

Where did they confirm it was bugged? The trait indicates it hits multiple times (fragments) and does 1500 damage per fragment, with a chance to crit on each fragment. In order to hit hard with the trap it is based on +power, which means the DH has to run Mara and/or Berserker and then the DH also has to crit each hit (full zerk build can hit around 3.5k-5k per fragment on 100% glass targets depending on might stacks). The trap itself also has a 36 second CD (when traited).

It wasn’t confirmed bug but most likely is.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragments_of_Faith

The skill would say pulses or (x3) next to the damage in the skill (see vipers nest: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Viper's_Nest). Fragments also refers to the little shields that spread for you team mates to pick up.

Vipassana

in Thief

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Next

The trap was bugged. It’s intended to strike enemies only once as it explodes and will be fixed.

in Thief

Posted by: Pukc.6328

Pukc.6328

The trap was bugged. It’s intended to strike enemies only once as it explodes and will be fixed.

Please don’t

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

here:

of note, the “fragments of faith” are the little aegis thingies you can pick up after the explosion. it’s not a frag land mine.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

docMed.7692

well, one of their traps is bugged right now and it hits really, _really_ hard, three times (that’s the bugged part). best part? it triggers on CC with the right adept trait. guess who has a shadowstep that also CCs?

here:

of note, the "fragments of faith" are the little aegis thingies you can pick up after the explosion. it’s not a frag land mine.

To be fair, the combat log does say ’fragments of faith hit you for X...’ and with Anet’s history of tooltips ya never know. Nice have to have Karl confirm though. That is really underwhelming to hear however considering the remaining traps are significantly weaker and have ’meh’ effects (the reveal is a decent one to take though, but engi does the same thing just in a better/safer build).

Karl, the fragments (aegis on pickup) also seem to have some kind of delay - is that intended? I’ve popped the trap multiple times and I would follow fragments around attempting to essentially spam aegis on myself during fights and there seems to be some kind of ICD (~1sec).

The only trap I’ve liked using thus far and actually think will see a lot of play is the elite trap as it can slow/trap a target and also be used to kite around for the period it is in solid state.

(edited by docMed.7692)

in Thief

Nike.2631

Well now you know how absurd a buff it takes to make the trap line’s detractors shut up. Take by far the best of the traps and pile crazy damage on top.

+200% damage isn’t too much to ask, is it?

Glad it’s getting fixed. Might want to tune the whole line a little more though.

in Thief

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Karl, the fragments (aegis on pickup) also seem to have some kind of delay – is that intended? I’ve popped the trap multiple times and I would follow fragments around attempting to essentially spam aegis on myself during fights and there seems to be some kind of ICD (~1sec).

The fragments themselves won’t pop if you have Aegis on when you enter them. They don’t have an ICD though or anything like that. If you lose aegis while standing on top of them, though, they probably won’t re-apply the boon until you move into it again.

in Thief

docMed.7692

Karl, the fragments (aegis on pickup) also seem to have some kind of delay – is that intended? I’ve popped the trap multiple times and I would follow fragments around attempting to essentially spam aegis on myself during fights and there seems to be some kind of ICD (~1sec).

The fragments themselves won’t pop if you have Aegis on when you enter them. They don’t have an ICD though or anything like that. If you lose aegis while standing on top of them, though, they probably won’t re-apply the boon until you move into it again.

Ok, I’ll try giving em a little wiggle from now on

in Thief

Posted by: Smollett.6270

Smollett.6270

Hi Karl!
Do you know, that we are the only class who doesn’t have 1200 range weapon?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Hi Karl!

He knows and it’s by design.

If we didn’t get a 1200 range from our Elite Spec, chances are we’re never gonna get it.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Hi Karl!

Scepter?

But with the Bow DH gets they have a weapon with1200 range. Which means Thief is the only class without a 1200 range weapon.

in Thief

Posted by: BraxKedren.8941

BraxKedren.8941

Hi Karl!

Scepter?

But with the Bow DH gets they have a weapon with1200 range. Which means Thief is the only class without a 1200 range weapon.

Deleted my response as I thought (really) I was reading in the Guardian forums so that response was from a Guardian thinking. Didn’t realize I was somehow in the Thief forum.

Noob in training

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Hi Karl!

Scepter?

Deleted my response as I thought (really) I was reading in the Guardian forums so that response was from a Guardian thinking. Didn’t realize I was somehow in the Thief forum.

That’s what happen when Guardians trying to shadowstep, they have no shadow return.

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

@up WELL PLAYED VINCENT!

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in Thief

Posted by: Pukc.6328

Pukc.6328

It was fun to one shot cele ele T.T

in Thief

IchigoHatake.5098

welp no more one shoting when hot launches :P

in Thief

Nike.2631

The most recent round of changes to traps is ridiculously good. Losing the bugged NUKE when the DH got CC’d will be quickly forgotten.

in Thief

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

But therefore we are the only profession with stealth … oh wait .
And the only profession with passive 25% runspeed …. oh kitten , again everyone got this.

But we are the only profession that can 1shot others … hmm, okay nevermind we even cannot do this anymore but others can / QQ

Time to reroll i guess

in Thief

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

yes it’S really not understandable why 1200y ranged attacks that instant kill any zerker build are still ingame . – same with ranger pets .

Ranger pets have a 1200 range insta kill?

Wow i’ve been playing ranger wrong for 3 years lololol

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Thief

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

cool now how do i grant myself aegis as a thief oh wait i cant i guess ill just run away, again.

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Traps still owning me on my thief. No way to get close to the DH. I switched to SB to get some damage on him but he switched to LB and did triple the damage I did.

in Thief

Posted by: Aseus.6403

Aseus.6403

Traps still owning me on my thief. No way to get close to the DH. I switched to SB to get some damage on him but he switched to LB and did triple the damage I did.

Only triple?

Syndictive [Syn]