Dungeon solo build?

Dungeon solo build?

in Thief

Posted by: Lumn.2951

Lumn.2951

So I haven’t figured out what to do with my thief, which is why I thought making it my character for soloing dungeon paths and possibly event boss/champs (although I doubt that will be as necessary with megaserver now). I’m wondering what kind of trait set up and what weapon sets I should be using generally, as well as gear and trinkets (is ascended really necessary for this?). Keep in mind I am not experienced at doing dungeons solo so I will be learning as I go probably.

Also how is the new lifesteal on crit trait for this kind of thing? It seems like it could add up with the other lifesteal stuff.

Dungeon solo build?

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

30/30/0/0/10 full zerker/scholar runes. Use smoke screen and shadow refuge to skip any trash mobs, D/D for bosses. Watch videos on YouTube to learn

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Dungeon solo build?

in Thief

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

u can / should also use 25 / 30 / 0 / 15 /0 for more endurance and agility on several bosses.
Lupicus without using wall , for example is very tricky with 30 30

also this little guy here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls2TSkzeZwg
is very very tricky without 15 in acro.
but cause of the megaserver hes sadly not possible to solo anymore
its a very fun bossfight, my favorite

Blùb [LuPi]

Dungeon solo build?

in Thief

Lumn.2951

Those make sense, but what about food and sigils? I’m assuming force and accuracy/energy and orrian stew.

Dungeon solo build?

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Honestly, I would switch around your traits for every encounter when applicable. Now that you can do it for free and on the fly, I’ve become addicted to doing this to suit every possible variation of fight I come across when soloing dungeons.

This is one example. I change my traits for pretty much everything. You can also see me experimenting with the new Critical Strike trait. It is very, VERY useful as compound healing with other sources when soloing. That being said, always take Executioner instead when you can.

I use Night (or Slaying) + Force, and for consumables, Slaying potions (or Sharpening Stones if there is no potion) and lifesteal food.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Dungeon solo build?

in Thief

Lumn.2951

Great, I found the video quite informative. I’m sure I have seen you around before as well. Now I just have to finish gearing up I suppose.