(Event) (UPDATED!) funeral for Thief class.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Come on! Let’s see how few people read on this forum so A-Net will know we are not as many as we think to deserve some love..
the idea is good but it won’t sort any effect cos it’s hard to do. We are not the full thief community in the game and we are already split between EU and NA and we have different playtimes.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

kitten , by the maker…

and here I thought the necro forum was the only gloomy and depressing bunch to frequent

I guess we could offer you some….last rites

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

So, the only use of thief in pve it was to spread aoe stealth that was usefull to skip some point during dungeon/fractal, now other professione could do this while doing also other usefull things.
Specialization: mesmer got time travel machine, ranger become support godlike necro-gameplay style, engineer a field control who can stomp anyone with his gyro; meanwhile thief got third dodge, so he can dodge a third time before get rofl stomped.
The next balance patch will give us 2s more vigor on a trait no one use cause it’s a trait line useless (acro) and you can’t take it cause u need some kind of condition clancy from another trait, we’ll also get a incredibile 20% damage buff on pistol, the best weapon for condition damage, except for P/P which is kinda useless cause of imajor limit of the set of skills.
In pvp thief it’s just a +1 or a sneaky decapper thanks to his 5# shortbow, so KARL, if you are reading me, PLEASE NERF 5 SHORTBOW so i’ll can delete my pg for being totally useless.
KARL LOVE THIEVES, HE FOCUSED ON OUR NERFS SO MUCH

r.i.p. thief (23/10/2015)

R.I.P. thieves

in Thief

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

I love all those classes saying they are useless, diying etc (yes near all classes was saying the same thing)… If we listen to them all GW2 must be recreated completly.
Netherless i admit daredevil is one of the few elite specs (with DH) that lack on favour compared to others.

(edited by gannondorf.7628)

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

I love all those classes saying they are useless, diying etc (yes near all classes was saying the same thing)… If we listen to them all GW2 must be recreated completly.

What you say may be true, but I find it hard to get an entire forum to dedicate itself to that task. That should mean something more than just some being whiners.

Edit: Not to mention that there isn’t even debate over whether thief is weak. There’s debate over what can be done to improve it.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And Thief is spewing smoke like nobody’s business

in Thief

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

In This Thread: People overreacting.

I love the new thief elite spec, and I think it’s great that it draws focus away from stealth and towards the other aspects of thief. Daredevil is the only elite spec I can confidently say I’m definitely going to pursue on any of my characters.

Please explain how Daredevil is supposed to make it in new HoT content considering, and this was confirmed by Devs yesterday on twitch con, dodging just “won’t cut it”. DD’s new class mechanic is an extra dodge. That’s it.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of DD, but comparing to other classes(heck, comparing to the CORE of other classes), and what seems to be coming with HoT content-wise, it won’t be pretty. Balance Patch has been announced and we still have no defenses.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Man i wish i could bring both of my accounts to the funeral. Definitely up for EU side. I think it should be in the evening during prime time, maye 9 pm cst?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I love the new thief elite spec, and I think it’s great that it draws focus away from stealth and towards the other aspects of thief. Daredevil is the only elite spec I can confidently say I’m definitely going to pursue on any of my characters.

sigh, superiority complex much ?

Look, every class got somewhat polished new mechanisms and animation/visual effects.
We only got an additional dodge bar, and recycled/clunky/horrid animations. And they don’t even want to change the most concerning part of the animation (the idle stance), when basically, it’s their ONLY job in the visual department (since we’re denied stuff).

We get almost nothing, and the devs are like “well kitten it we won’t make it in time so we won’t bother, here’s some ductape”.

Meanwhile in the druid section : “there’s more, there’s more, there’s more”

Everyone get shiny new gadgets for presents, we get a cracked shovel to dig our grave, with ductape on it to make it look like it can remain in one piece.

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

Are you new on thief? Cause we had an evasive playstyle based on dodge despite on rely on stealth, it was S/D with old acrobatics, more or less 1 yeand and half ago. Then S/D got nerfed and acrobatic reworked/nerfed with also vigor general nerf.
All this cause they intended bringing back with elite spec, others classes didn’t received this treatment.

R.I.P. thieves

(edited by skyd.9678)

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I suspect DD will be nerfed in the next balance patch like the old acro line

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Meh, removing this thingie. Terrible postarino.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

(edited by Serious Thought.5394)

in Thief

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I’m as kittened off as the next thief but lol at the melodrama.

Attachments:

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

in Thief

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Still don’t think we got the worst of it.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

I’m as kittened off as the next thief but lol at the melodrama.

No! You don’t understand! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS! /wrists

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

I agree that daredevil was not the worst specialization. But it was among the worst alongside warrior / ele / guardian elites. The thief issue is compounded by how the core thief spec is currently very weak, much more so than warrior / ele / guardian core. It is in desperate need of well thought out changes to even begin to be competitive with other profession elites.

in Thief

Posted by: Llort.9267

Llort.9267

I agree that daredevil was not the worst specialization. But it was among the worst alongside warrior / ele / guardian elites. The thief issue is compounded by how the core thief spec is currently very weak, much more so than warrior / ele / guardian core. It is in desperate need of well thought out changes to even begin to be competitive with other profession elites.

Especially considering the fact that the devs said elite specs are not going to be more powerful than non-elites, and they just give each class a different playstyle, all elite spec, but thief apparently. Oh, and even taking DD isn’t going to save the thief, just prolong their inevitable death.

in Thief

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

Especially considering the fact that the devs said elite specs are not going to be more powerful than non-elites,

You believed that, though?
Half of the Elite specs are basically going to be mandatory.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Especially considering the fact that the devs said elite specs are not going to be more powerful than non-elites,

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Reem.3578

Reem.3578

We could walk around LA while stacking stealth all the way XD
Kinda funny but symbolic as hell :P

“You judge too much with your eyes alone…”

And yes, i play [Teef] :)

(edited by Reem.3578)

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Or we could also hire a mesmer to stack the stealth for us :p

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Or we could also hire a mesmer to stack the stealth for us :p

Sad day when we can’t even do our own thing as good anymore…..

I’m shocked anyone had a glimpse of hope when they announced daredevil, they BUTCHERED acrobatics because it had too much evasion, only to make our entire elite spec based on a playstyle we once had prior to that sad day. I’ll say there are some interesting traits in DD but they could of been incorporated into acrobatics in favor of the lesser used traits and maintained what acrobatics was supposed to be, instead we get the least creative specialization on a class already struggling to be relevant.

For OP, I say we pick the Legendary Karka’s funeral for our event, only makes sense to die alongside another terrible design (good god the lag that event had….).

Don’t like to sound bitter but after 3 years, I only hop on this game for a few hours a week if at all when I used to play near daily. It’s not because of life, its because I lost interest.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Thanks for the support bois. I’ve been trying Wildstar and B&S. Wildstar feels dead, but maybe F2P will fix that. I’ve been playing on B&S Taiwan and it feels really active and balanced. China servers are P2W, while Taiwan isn’t. Hopefully the NA cash shop isn’t P2W.

Yeah also waiting on that. Tree of Savior looks nice too.

Plus there’s Overwatch on the horizon….
ESO is still around…

Not going back to WoW though, subs are overrated, plus the game itself is very shallow.

When & where, what do we wear? we should just come naked, with our favorite weapons equipped.

ps: Wildstar looks terrible guys. GW2 is the best there is. Don’t kid yourselves.

Nah, it had a bad start and bad media/word around it. Worth giving a shot come f2p release.

Combat system is also action based….

It’s kinda like if WoW + GW2 + Borderlands had a baby.

Borderlands – for the humor and futuristic theme.
GW2 – for the action combat.
WoW – for the themepark MMORPG. And the cartoony art.

Sounds like the worst possible combination, to me.

Also heard that it’s very hardcore focussed? :/

I would far prefer a game that combined the looks, casualness, levelling experience, female-friendliness and WvW of GW2, with the combat system (from MoP era), talent trees, dungeons and raids of WoW, including LFD and LFR (again, from the MoP era – NOT WoD).

I don’t want futurism at all – so, ignore Borderlands, except possibly for some humour (if it’s any good – idk?) and storywise, make it more like a combination of WoW/GW2, I guess?

Chuck in some flying, as well, if possible and we’re good to go.

So, pretty much the opposite of Wildstar, I would imagine…?

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Already going back to main elementalist. I even made Wupwup dagger for it and will give it my Zojja’s too.

Attachments:

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

Still don’t think we got the worst of it.

No, we do. At least Dragonhunter has an awesome name and hard counter to revenant whereas Dare Devil has…lots of good crossovers with the Punisher?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I would far prefer a game that combined the looks, casualness, levelling experience, female-friendliness and WvW of GW2, with the combat system (from MoP era), talent trees, dungeons and raids of WoW, including LFD and LFR (again, from the MoP era – NOT WoD).

I don’t want futurism at all – so, ignore Borderlands, except possibly for some humour (if it’s any good – idk?) and storywise, make it more like a combination of WoW/GW2, I guess?

“Very hardcore focused” – that was way back when, and it got bad rep for it, they changed a lot before f2p release and now at f2p release, so no it’s not that hard core focused.

The leveling is closer to WoW style, there are some aspects from gw2 (like “hearts”)…

But yeah when you said “casualness” – just stick to gw2.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Count me in, officially retiring my Thief. To repeat what I said a few times across other threads,… Need blinds? Revenant does it better permanently while giving protection and heals too with ventari tablet traited.

Stealth? Ranger with Smokescale pet’s 5sec smoke field on a 20sec CD or Engineer or Mesmer(though they finally did get their stealth duration down to 50%+).

I’ll be maining Revenant/Ranger/Engineer in HoT. Probably Ranger the most.

in Thief

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

so what’s the time and place

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

I challenge you to not use that pic for the next 60 days. It’s your favorite and you can’t seem to stop yourself from overusing it. kitten, please.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I challenge you to not use that pic for the next 60 days. It’s your favorite and you can’t seem to stop yourself from overusing it. kitten, please.

Attachments:

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Well… kitten….

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

It’s an addiction. I’m sure there’s a 12-step group somewhere that can help you.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

It’s an addiction. I’m sure there’s a 12-step group somewhere that can help you.

Attachments:

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Agemnon.4608

Thanks for the support bois. I’ve been trying Wildstar and B&S. Wildstar feels dead, but maybe F2P will fix that. I’ve been playing on B&S Taiwan and it feels really active and balanced. China servers are P2W, while Taiwan isn’t. Hopefully the NA cash shop isn’t P2W.

Yeah also waiting on that. Tree of Savior looks nice too.

Plus there’s Overwatch on the horizon….
ESO is still around…

Not going back to WoW though, subs are overrated, plus the game itself is very shallow.

When & where, what do we wear? we should just come naked, with our favorite weapons equipped.

ps: Wildstar looks terrible guys. GW2 is the best there is. Don’t kid yourselves.

Nah, it had a bad start and bad media/word around it. Worth giving a shot come f2p release.

Combat system is also action based….

It’s kinda like if WoW + GW2 + Borderlands had a baby.

Borderlands – for the humor and futuristic theme.
GW2 – for the action combat.
WoW – for the themepark MMORPG. And the cartoony art.

Futurism doesn’t have to be bad. True, a lot of sci-fi rips each other off with the cold, simple, and plain designs but the potential to be great and creative is very broad. The big problem with medieval fantasy is you need to work with a preset of tropes that everyone expects, preferably having characters conform to medieval ideas so ideas such as equality under the law would be anachronistically alien.

With futurism however the sky’s the limit…or well beyond. Heck, you don’t even have to conform to proven science since in Star Trek and others you have ships that frequently break the speed of light and run into an implausible number of races that just happen to have a human bodytype and dimensions whereas in real life I personally believe that even the Asura would be giant compared to other intelligent races in our galactic cluster (I believe humans in real life are at least the biggest and most advanced intelligent race at least in our local cluster of galaxies since size and weight outpace efficiency when something grows like if something grows to be twice as big it would require four times as much energy and size also outpaces strength increases so you reach a point of diminishing returns tl;dr Norn and Kodan in real life would have trouble supporting their own body weight and even standing up even if they aren’t fat) but in sci-fi we must understand the fiction part. There are limitless possibilities for new ecosystems (they don’t have to be realistic just convincing enough for the average viewer or player) yet sci-fi typically restrains itself to desert, snow, jungle, or other Earth ecosystem planets, something truly alien, yet still conducive for supporting life.

You also have free license as far as architecture and design go. You don’t need to draw inspiration from classical, Gothic, or others. However, I personally think we need to see more English Gothic in medieval fantasy.

in Thief

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

“Very hardcore focused” – that was way back when, and it got bad rep for it, they changed a lot before f2p release and now at f2p release, so no it’s not that hard core focused.

The leveling is closer to WoW style, there are some aspects from gw2 (like “hearts”)…

But yeah when you said “casualness” – just stick to gw2.

I will (for now…).

I’m not even really a “casual” myself, I guess I’m more middle of the road(?), I just find elitism in others highly distasteful.

So, if all the hardcore elitists will be going to Wildstar, that is all the more reason for me to avoid it (and its tacky-looking artwork).

Futurism doesn’t have to be bad.

That’s true, actually.

My BF is into Sci-fi, so he would probably enjoy an obviously futuristic setting, for example.

It’s just not really for me, unless it’s set in the future, but not obviously very futuristic; like Dune, or something.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OK, so if patch tomorrow won’t bring good changes, i will be doing thief funeral tomorrow on EU, at 9 pm CEST. Message me in game, if you want to join :<

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

^ Thanks! I got real busy real quick this week. I’ll update the title.

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in Thief

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

• You guys are unintentionally hilarious …
  • Please stop that behavior. For real …
  • I already feel second hand embarassment.

:D

Attachments:

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in Thief

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Heck if we’re going to do that let’s do it where EVERYONE can see us. In the middle of Lion’s Arch !!!! Under the Jelly fish !
Let’s turn it into a manifestation.

That way we can tell everyone we died cause we so jelly of other classes?

[DONE]

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Someone make a count-down timer.

Time-zone issues.

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Its only a real funeral, if you delete all your thiefs – however, personally Id never go so far.

When Anet suddenly sees in their statistics a huge spike down of a massively lesser thief population… when it goes suddenly drastically towards 0, thats imo the only sign that Anet would understand, that here is somethign going really wrong with the class design and that a change by design has to be done – by either Karl finally waking up either, or Karl giving his design responsibility scepter over to an other Dev like Irenio or Robert Gee to let them fix the Thief, what he couldn’t to the likings of the thief community and concentrate hisself on other design tasks, that have nothing to do with Class Designs (not meant bad towards Karl, but one should be blind not to realize, that the the major part of the thief community currently isn’t very happy about their state of their class by his design)

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Why make this so complicated? Give me the dagger, I’ll slit your wrists for you.

intense breathing

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Someone make a count-down timer.

Time-zone issues.

Eu 7 hours from now.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

What about US servers. We need a US server session.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

Its only a real funeral, if you delete all your thiefs – however, personally Id never go so far.

When Anet suddenly sees in their statistics a huge spike down of a massively lesser thief population… when it goes suddenly drastically towards 0, thats imo the only sign that Anet would understand, that here is somethign going really wrong with the class design and that a change by design has to be done – by either Karl finally waking up either, or Karl giving his design responsibility scepter over to an other Dev like Irenio or Robert Gee to let them fix the Thief, what he couldn’t to the likings of the thief community and concentrate hisself on other design tasks, that have nothing to do with Class Designs (not meant bad towards Karl, but one should be blind not to realize, that the the major part of the thief community currently isn’t very happy about their state of their class by his design)

Forum posters are probably less than 0.1% of the Thief community. Even if everyone who posts here deleted their Thieves we’d barely make a dent in how many people actually play the prof.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Don’t delete your Thief. Have some respect for the thousands hours of effort you investment into that character.

Do not delete your Thief to make a point. Get this out of your mind.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Forum posters are probably less than 0.1% of the Thief community. Even if everyone who posts here deleted their Thieves we’d barely make a dent in how many people actually play the prof.

You’re right.
PvE: Thief still ok – good
Wvw: A few diehard or troll thieves or noob thieves who will soon roll another class
Pvp: Decapper and +1 thieves

Pvp is the only mode anet monitors as far as I know. As long as thieves are the most “mobile” class it will seem as if no thief has quit.
And; people leave games everyday, so it might not seem unusual that a few hundreds left.

And in the end who cares? Just used alt f4 on wvw because people were crying for a thief nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

OK, so if patch tomorrow won’t bring good changes, i will be doing thief funeral tomorrow on EU, at 9 pm CEST. Message me in game, if you want to join :<

There has been a red post in Ranger forums stating that the changes won’t be that huge and are by far not the end-all, there will be more soon™.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Are you new on thief? Cause we had an evasive playstyle based on dodge despite on rely on stealth, it was S/D with old acrobatics, more or less 1 yeand and half ago. Then S/D got nerfed and acrobatic reworked/nerfed with also vigor general nerf.
All this cause they intended bringing back with elite spec, others classes didn’t received this treatment.

That nerf hit my evade style extremely hard. Shortly before the patch i was so sure Anet would move away from stealth spamming on any class. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Killing a playstyle just to make people wait for a clunky version of it many months later. Thats one of the most anti player, uncreative practices ive seen from a studio in my life.

For some reason they wanted to remove the old feline grace by all means necessary meanwhile that was what prevented thieves from always having to retreat. Then they bring us daredevil and tell us “…so you wont have to retreat as much” lmao

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

20 min till event~