Farewell my D/D theif after Dec 10th!

in Thief

Posted by: Yusei.1370

Yusei.1370

Well, D/D is getting a big shot in the Dec 10th patch. I am not gonna complain and cry about it as theres nothing i can do. I’ll just say the theif was the class that explained my whole playstyle and i had the most fun with this class. Well i just have to get the most of my theif before Dec 10th since this will completely destroy 0/30/30/10/0 builds.So yeah thx anet for lettin me having this epic time with my theif. I might switch to another class tho i don’t like other classes playstyle or basically i am gonna leave the game. Heh some of you guys may think i am just overreacting to this patch and at one point i do agree, its just too sad for me to see the nerf and to see my fav playstyle dead and also guys i am not a perma stealth theif. Therefore, thx anet and also thx GW2 community. FAREWELL GUYS

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Tell me one thing from upcoming patch notes that makes d/d fail more then it does now. Initiative back on crits nerfed, but base initiative regen boosted from 0.75/s to 1/s. Infusion o shadow change dont change x/d besides the fact that u wont get 2 initiative extra on every stealth skill used while being in stealth allready (for example hide in shadows or blinding powder used directly after CnD). So no, D/D isnt getting a big shot, D/P does and rightfully.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

D/D didn’t get nerfed. Increasing base initiative gain by 33% is a pretty big deal.

S/D and D/P got nerfed.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Op relax in regards to dd not much will change. Dp will be affected the most with the infusion o shadow change though even after patch dp will still be better better than dd and still be the thiefs strongest set.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Dude d/d is getting a buff if anything. 33% more init regain. We MAY be able to drop the +2 initiative on stealth for the condi clear on stealth now. It will be OP if we can do that.

Vipassana

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well, D/D is getting a big shot in the Dec 10th patch. I am not gonna complain and cry about it as theres nothing i can do. I’ll just say the theif was the class that explained my whole playstyle and i had the most fun with this class. Well i just have to get the most of my theif before Dec 10th since this will completely destroy 0/30/30/10/0 builds.So yeah thx anet for lettin me having this epic time with my theif. I might switch to another class tho i don’t like other classes playstyle or basically i am gonna leave the game. Heh some of you guys may think i am just overreacting to this patch and at one point i do agree, its just too sad for me to see the nerf and to see my fav playstyle dead and also guys i am not a perma stealth theif. Therefore, thx anet and also thx GW2 community. FAREWELL GUYS

Huh? D/D isn’t impacted all that much and may in fact be stronger. It is D/P that just got smacked in the face by the nerf bat. S/D evades are the other that will be hurt.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Even though everyone else has said it, D/D didn’t get nerfed, you were never able to stack stealth with it legitimately like D/P, if anything it got buffed…true DD thieves UNITE

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Your D/D didn’t get nerfed, but goodbye.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Wut? D/D is untouched.

Bye, I guess.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

If OP didn’t realise d/d is pretty much improved as of Dec 10 then he was:

1. Actually d/p perma stealth but too ashamed to admit it
2. A fotm style part timer running around ganking upped lowbies with some googled build
3. Or just a bad

Either one, he aint no thief

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I thought D/D was all we were going to have left. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

I’m playing DD and i see only buff insteaf of nerf. but, yes, goodbye, please send to me your stuff before you leave =) even candy corn^^

Talék

in Thief

Posted by: Shinjo.6092

Shinjo.6092

D/D thieves did not get buffed. The .25 increase per second in init regen gives us 1 more init every 4 seconds, which means we can do an extra CnD every 24 seconds. Considering how fast your life drops as a D/D thief, you’re most likely already running for your life when that 24 second mark rolls around and your target isn’t dead yet.

Not only that, the increase is negated by the huge nerf to Opportunist. At 50% chance in 5 seconds, I get an expected value of 1 init every 10 seconds, compare to the previous 30% in 1 second, which is approximately 4 init in 10 seconds (This is based on 100% crit chance, the gain is even worst for lower crit chance).

That is a drop of 3 init in 10 seconds. We recover 2.5 init in the same timeframe from the regen “buff”.

To add to this, we no longer get the extra init if we chain our stealth utilities from the nerf to infusion of shadows.

So yeah, I’d consider this a nerf for D/D too, especially if you’re running the 0/30/30/10/0 build, which the OP was running.

in Thief

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

As a D/D super unicorn I use C&D when I’m bored, not as a survival tool or DPS spike. The only increased initiative trait I have is +3 for stealing, which I use more for positioning than for the initiative (return to the fight after roll for initiative, which went untouched), so its a loss, but not one I’ll feel keenly with the increase in base rate.

I essentially lost nothing and gained more initiative overall.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Thief

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

2. A fotm style part timer running around ganking upped lowbies with some googled build
3. Or just a bad

Seems you don’t know Yusei. Considering your post I have doubts that you play a thief at all

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

D/D thieves did not get buffed. The .25 increase per second in init regen gives us 1 more init every 4 seconds, which means we can do an extra CnD every 24 seconds. Considering how fast your life drops as a D/D thief, you’re most likely already running for your life when that 24 second mark rolls around and your target isn’t dead yet.

Not only that, the increase is negated by the huge nerf to Opportunist. At 50% chance in 5 seconds, I get an expected value of 1 init every 10 seconds, compare to the previous 30% in 1 second, which is approximately 4 init in 10 seconds (This is based on 100% crit chance, the gain is even worst for lower crit chance).

That is a drop of 3 init in 10 seconds. We recover 2.5 init in the same timeframe from the regen “buff”.

To add to this, we no longer get the extra init if we chain our stealth utilities from the nerf to infusion of shadows.

So yeah, I’d consider this a nerf for D/D too, especially if you’re running the 0/30/30/10/0 build, which the OP was running.

Not to mention if he was 0/30/30/10/0 he might have been using vigorous recovery which is eating a huge nerf. The stated reason for this nerf seemed to be related to S/D evasion builds, but again, it’s not going to hit their intended target, it’s going to hit the collateral builds harder. The vigorous recovery was really helting the survivability of my latest D/D build (0/30/20/20/0) but well see how it goes. Also no one seems to have mentioned it (or I missed it), but the nerf to opportunist is going to affect our ZvZ capabilities (the little we had) when our bouncing arrows and cluster bombs can only proc it once every 5 seconds now. Sorta depended on those to be able to use SB#3 in tough spots or keep up any semblance of DPS with cluster bomb.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Dude d/d is getting a buff if anything. 33% more init regain. We MAY be able to drop the +2 initiative on stealth for the condi clear on stealth now. It will be OP if we can do that.

I have actually already done that because I prefer to play with both the condi-cleanse and blind on stealth. Definitely going to be happy with the extra initiative! Right now even missing one Cloak and Dagger is pretty unforgiving with my trait set up.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Yusei.1370

Yusei.1370

OMFG, I totally misunderstood the patch notes…………I am a kittening moron, idiot, stupid etc. Thx my theif brothers for showing me the right way. I know now that if any of us, theives falter our brothers will show us the right path!!

P.S I wish i could remove this thread now I feel too embarrassed XD !!!

in Thief

Posted by: Shinjo.6092

Shinjo.6092

Not to mention if he was 0/30/30/10/0 he might have been using vigorous recovery which is eating a huge nerf. The stated reason for this nerf seemed to be related to S/D evasion builds, but again, it’s not going to hit their intended target, it’s going to hit the collateral builds harder. The vigorous recovery was really helting the survivability of my latest D/D build (0/30/20/20/0) but well see how it goes. Also no one seems to have mentioned it (or I missed it), but the nerf to opportunist is going to affect our ZvZ capabilities (the little we had) when our bouncing arrows and cluster bombs can only proc it once every 5 seconds now. Sorta depended on those to be able to use SB#3 in tough spots or keep up any semblance of DPS with cluster bomb.

I wonder if the devs even noticed how this would affect shortbow. If you look on dev tracker, they’ve only responded to eles, wars, mesmers, etc. Now thieves are left standing on a wall wondering wtf they are supposed to do when bouncing arrows can’t hit moving targets, and cluster bombs has 900 range. Meanwhile an engineer is tossing his own cluster bombs at 1500 range with 0 init cost and causes multiple different conditions.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

LoL, if anything D/D is getting better.

More Initiative regeneration means you don’t even need Infusion of Shadows any more and can play with both Blind of Stealth and Condition cleanse.

Nothing in the patch-notes preview makes me thing D/D is getting any weaker than it was before.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

LoL, if anything D/D is getting better.

More Initiative regeneration means you don’t even need Infusion of Shadows any more and can play with both Blind of Stealth and Condition cleanse.

Nothing in the patch-notes preview makes me thing D/D is getting any weaker than it was before.

Well D/D loses of initiatie regen from crits, so that kinda takes away that 25 precent bonus ini regen.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Nah, d/d’s rotation is cnd, wait 3 sec, backstab, 1 autochain, repeat. The opportunist nerf won’t hurt it nearly as much as constant dps builds like anything with swords and blind based d/p builds. D/D is seemingly getting buffed but I think it needs something else like a faster cnd animation.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in Thief

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

3. Or just a bad

Seems you don’t know Yusei. Considering your post I have doubts that you play a thief at all

Haha don’t you feel silly now? I suggest you read this legendary players latest post.

Get in! Favorite post of the day

in Thief

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

D/D didn’t get nerfed. Increasing base initiative gain by 33% is a pretty big deal.

It’s more than a big deal. It’s a MASSSSSSSSSIVE buff to all thief specs.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

it IS idd a buff but… MASSSSSSSSSIVE???… o.O’

MASSSSSSSSSIVE is the nerf to vigor, now that is MASSSSSSSSSIVE!!

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Can we not nerf vigor access though? For a class thats supposed to evade/dodge more a 50% nerf to the effectiveness of our only defensive boon seems huge.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Yeah, D/D actually got a buff if playing 25/30/0/15/0 or 10/30/30/0/0.

Mugi got buffed!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Mugi-D-D-Solo-Outnumbered-Video

S/x after the IS and vigor nerf on the other hand will die like critters if they get locked down the small time frames they can, and less vigor means more of these time frames.

D/P combined with blinding powder, I believe still will be just as strong. Just without permastealth.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Dodging and stealth are a thief’s only form of survivability. So much as breathing on it will produce MASSSSSSSSSSSIVE changes.

in Thief

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Yeah, MASSSSSSSSSSIVE buff for all thief specs which don’t use traits for ini-regen.
None, to be precise.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Sure, the buff is so massive that we have…pretty much the same ini regen as before, if not worse.

Did you think Opportunist was a throwaway trait or something?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

I think you need to go back and do the math there Tyler. This is only a buff for specs that don’t use opportunist in its current state (which most raw-damage builds actually do use), not “all thief specs”. Please correct me if I’m wrong- I’d like to see how much thought is actually put into such changes.

With that said, I don’t really see a nerf to d/d builds other than the vigor nerf since they rely mainly on backstab or death blossom for damage, none of which will likely have a high amount of crits that would utilize the current opportunist trait enough to surpass the future improved init regen. In fact, it seems that d/d may have a slight buff (certainly not “MASSSSSSIVE”).

On another note though, not one word from devs on any thief changes up until now and this is the first response? I think it’s hilarious that the devs idea of rewarding a thief to be more “actively engaged in the fight” include improving a minor PASSIVE heal change (now as a grandmaster trait) and a RANDOM, UNPREDICTABLE, UNCONTROLLABLE, often UNWANTED teleporter when cc’d rather than the ability to actively dodge. This quote alone as well as comments like the one above make myself and others who main thief question how much (or little) you guys really know about actually playing a thief.

(edited by Zerbo.5381)

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Sure, the buff is so massive that we have…pretty much the same ini regen as before, if not worse.

Worse in all fights.(pve/pvp)
Better when you always run around the empty glade and kissing squirrels.

New meta: catch thief if you can. Like wild boar hunting.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

Dear Tyler Its not a buff since the opportunist trait nerf make up for any buff on the base regen, 5 sec CD is a killer to thief and will affect even pve. PW S/P weapons skill will be feel it as a MASSIVE NERF since its a flury of 9 attacks wich means every time u use it the way its now you will get 1 (or if u are luck even 2) initiative back (since cd is 1sec, doesnt matter if proc chance is only 30%) now with a 5 sec CD do you understand how much of a nerf it is? Even on S/P or P/P builds that arent much viable right now on both pvp and pve this will be a killer

Thanks for your attention hope you guys think better about changes not only to thief but to all classes

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Ahahahahahahaha! Good one. Now remember the “nerfs” and it’s actually not that massive. The patch buffs D/D, but pretty much kills P/P, S/P and S/D.

in Thief

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

I personally agree. I run a shadow step build, and have found an effective way to play without many of the “limitations” people say thieves have. Through all of the “nerfs” we have undergone, I have never been severely been effected. I personally feel having faster imitative regen is something that will be very beneficial to, as stated above, almost all thief specs. The main thing is, only good players will appreciate it. The one thing I was hoping for was increased heal per hit on signet of malice, but it is a dream, not anything I actually expect because I have a realistic view on how updates will be.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in Thief

Posted by: Dekk.3459

Dekk.3459

Initiative allows for burst… So the nerfs to sustain sword damage… I dont see the massive here, sorry.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

lolz it’s a MASSSSSSSSSIVE nerf for high init regen builds , -0.12 init/s to be exact.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So I run D/D “zergbunker” as such:

20/0/0/20/30

Now, The reason why is that the ~20s stealth makes improvisation actually useful, and lotus poison is a nice condition cover from the auto for basically free.

With 20 in acro I’m using assassin’s reward as backup for the composite overall healing from mug and signet of malice. It’s a fun build that’s a hybrid of evasion and self healing, requiring an active defense and a really aggressive playstyle not possible on other thief builds.

I think this merits saying as if the focus is build diversity, I run a pretty uncommon build, which is being kinda gutted of utilities in favor of (In my Opinion) bigger damage and healing numbers.

These changes are doing the following to my build:

Increasing overall healing, but only IF I drop either improvisation (and lotus poison) or lead attacks/sleight of hand.

THE problem is, these two traits are only really in the build in order to support one another. Is there any chance we can move/adjust improvisation (which is highly underused/undervalued, and thus should be a candidate for a buff in this patch) to allow it?

TBH it would make more sense as a master trait in trickery anyway, and richochet would make more sense in deadly arts.

How about swapping the position of ricochet and improvisation, moving a pistol DPS trait to the DPS line and a steal focused trait to the steal line? I’d be able to keep the utilities in place, but still have to give up 10 points in deadly, thus losing lotus poison and bountiful theft, which seems like a fair trade for fluid strikes and the ability to run hard to catch and assassin’s reward.

This would also benefit P/P and venomshare builds.

P/P would be able to run lighter on trickery and get more utility out of deadly arts, making the p/p without venom share overall a better spec due to the 5 extra optional points in critical trikes or a defensive line, which synergize much better with p/p. In addition they’d have an overall better base of optional initiative traits to fuel themselves, and P/P builds would just be overall tighter with less “chaff” trait points to get to the good stuff.

This would also have a potential slight benefit on venomshare builds, allowing them the option of running improv and the other venom traits for possible proc recharges.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

I play a 10/30/30/0/0 build with D/D and P/D.

Assassin’s gear and full set of Grove or Monk for the Healing Power.

I wanted to use Signet of Malice, so the idea was to nearly max out healing power, and heal through AoE DB’s most of the time – the heal I get from hitting a crowd with DB is only second to Dagger Storm – which I also use.

I used to put 10 pts. into Trickery, for extra initiative (in addition to being an Executioner, I also put pts. into flanking, x-tra init, and init on skill 1) – this was to facilitate more DB spam. I even tried init on stealth, but I didn’t use CnD as much so I switched that out.

Prob was, I wasn’t hitting hard enough, so I put those 10 trickery pts. into Power instead and saw some improvement.

Works real good in PVE, but I don’t consider the Thief a PvP class, unless you want to play the cookie cutter build, so I avoid it.

Does anyone have a good D/D Signet of Malice build?

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I play a 10/30/30/0/0 build with D/D and P/D.

Assassin’s gear and full set of Grove or Monk for the Healing Power.

I wanted to use Signet of Malice, so the idea was to nearly max out healing power, and heal through AoE DB’s most of the time – the heal I get from hitting a crowd with DB is only second to Dagger Storm – which I also use.

I used to put 10 pts. into Trickery, for extra initiative (in addition to being an Executioner, I also put pts. into flanking, x-tra init, and init on skill 1) – this was to facilitate more DB spam. I even tried init on stealth, but I didn’t use CnD as much so I switched that out.

Prob was, I wasn’t hitting hard enough, so I put those 10 trickery pts. into Power instead and saw some improvement.

Works real good in PVE, but I don’t consider the Thief a PvP class, unless you want to play the cookie cutter build, so I avoid it.

Does anyone have a good D/D Signet of Malice build?

TBH, D/D signet of malice runs better as a condition build, and build that spams deathblossom is a condition build, as the white damage from deathblossom ain’t great. I run a D/D malice build as a bleeder with 30 trickery which helps regen, synergises well with bleeds, and lets me opt out of critical strikes in order to get more out of acrobatics/deadly arts.

In additon, if you’re running a SoM build you want to be running mad king runes for the 6 slot effect. Those birds count as multiple attacks, turning daggerstorm in to godmode or basilisk venom in to a reliable heal+ranged stun.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

The reason I went for precision is that I wanted to work Sigil of Generosity into my defense.

But I agree – the dmg. isn’t quite good enough.

Anet talks about build diversity, but I don’t see it in the game.

in Thief

Posted by: magom.3275

magom.3275

And then you will nerf it like sword/dagger and Shadow trap right?

some months later i can see a decrase to de initiative gain because X ot Y, thats how you has done it before.

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

I’m sorry but it is not. Thieves were fine with the initiative regen, we never complained about having initiative issues so I don’t know where this came from. Also you’re blowing it out of proportion by saying “MASSSSSSSSSIVE”.

Once again we have less viable builds now with this “balance” without looking at which other parts of the class is affected by these changes. An example would be the Opportunist cooldown nerf which now fully renders the already abysmal p/p set to nothing. (unload can’t be spammed now)

Thank you Anet once again……

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

For the most part, the spec I run got a pretty significant buff. P/D users don’t rely on heavy stealth(well the good ones don’t). It relies on perfect timing of immobilize, kiting through distance, and tons of cripple through caltrops.

I am a little annoyed by the vigor nerf, but it’s nothing I can’t handle.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Critical Strikes + Trickery S/D? :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

All thief specs that don’t use initiative regen* (so… not S/P or P/P)

:)

in Thief

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

i only ask that you guys leave Flanking Strikes where it is and not move it, you see it is already really hard to use taht once your spotted and seeing most guys are soldier specs these days we are at a disadvantage having very low hp and armor. at least its some bonus if we get them off guard.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Seriously? Did you really just say that? How can we take you Devs seriously when you make statements like that? Do you realize how much of a nerf increasing the ICD on Opportunist will be?

P/D got an initiative gain with this, and probably S/D as well, but D/D is more or less no gain/no loss, and S/P is losing a lot of initiative gain now. D/P will also probably take a hit to initiative gain.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

This proves how little you and many other devs understand about your own game. If you honestly think that an extra .25 init/s is going to at all counter act the MASSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE surivivability nerfs that you are throwing out with this patch then you have clearly never played a thief above the level of spamming heartseeker in CoF p1. Also considering the majority of thief specs that played with opportunist, the nerf to that alone is on average more than .25 init/s loss. Please provide me with any context on how you are reputable source with regards to what constitutes a MASSSSSSSSIVE buff for thieves, outside of “I’m a developer, of course I know what I’m talking about”.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

I don’t know if you’re going to come back and check this thread chap, but Dancing dagger really needs some help. Lately it misses/ is obstructed unless you’re within about 400 range, so it really makes sense to use heartseeker if youre D/D that is at least. Could you guys maybe increase flight speed by 30% like you did to arrows a while ago or adjust the skill to do something ….different?

I like the idea of giving another rollover skill to it really. Remove the bounce, keep the current damage and when it hits you get a roll skill for 15 seconds(lets just call it augury of death for now). The symbol could be something similar to impale for a warrior sword OH #4.

Augury of death would cost 2 initiative, be instant cast, shadow step you to your target, remove 1 condition, and deal no damage. I think this could help P/D and D/D because it would allow a real gap closer for both. It would be sort of the opposite of Infiltrator Strike/Return and promote more aggressive play with those two specs leading to more build diversity which it seems you are trying to promote right now.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele