Fashion Wars: Female vs Male Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

Simple as the title, my thief is currently the classic human male thief (was one female) and i’m debating to send em back to female or not. I’ve looked at the thief post of all the best thief looks and I’m still torn. So what do you guys think looks better, male or female thieves?

in Thief

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Riel Darkwater convinced me that female Humans look the best.

“Would you kindly?”

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Make ashram thief is the best. Impossible for them to target you

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

largest male norn with a huge mustache is the way to go

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

males, they don’t have a pair of toothpicks as legs.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Yes. There’s no other way around.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: Kadsik.9281

Kadsik.9281

Its so sad how we base character creation on how easy it would be for them to target us , i guess its suppose to be “practical”, so i made a Charr thief awhile back and im doing fine, mabye it is harder to target you if your female human, but your giving up some custimization, i think it takes real skill to be a bigger thief where you are easily seen if yohr not in stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

I have often had this same issue. I always end up choosing human female over human male simply because the only male face that looks decent is Clint Eastwood, and the rest are too feminine.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I have often had this same issue. I always end up choosing human female over human male simply because the only male face that looks decent is Clint Eastwood, and the rest are too feminine.

Well, people say my character looks gay, I say he isn’t gay but just likes to sparkle (which he did the other day due to a bug).

My other thief has got the makeover face and he looks pretty manly, I think. But in the end I’m female so my characters can look as feminine as they want, it doesn’t bother me and I like the animations of male human/sylvari thieves a lot better than the animations of females.

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Just check out the difference between ascended medium leggings for male and female.

It explains everything by itself

(ps : I have no female human but the skin is the same)

Attachments:

(edited by Tabootrinket.2631)

in Thief

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I like female more, but I like t3 human more on male because of that embarassing underboob. Plus, I like my female thief to be flat chested but that armor actually increases her… size greatly.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

females, they usually have more details/cool looking things and look elegant generally; most male armor models look… boring/lacking imo… then again, some people like it that way~

just examples (sry no human, but skins are usable by any race really, besides planty shoulders/gloves :P)… with last one it is really visible how male versions are lacking~

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They put more time and effort into female armor than male so can’t really compete in fashion when you’re hit with a wall of sexism.

The only decent chest piece you can get will be Glorious Brigandine. Not sure how that looks on Human though as mine is Sylvari.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Nurgles Socks.2496

Nurgles Socks.2496

I just made a female human thief today for my first playthrough, short black hair, looks awesome. I thought if I’m gonna be staring at the back of my toon all day, might as well make it easy on the eyes! ha ha

Vapour Snake – TEEF – GODS – RoF EU

in Thief

Posted by: toymachine.1673

toymachine.1673

my female charr thief woo!

Attachments:

in Thief

Cynz.9437

my female charr thief woo!

no offense but every time i get to play charr thief (see fractals) i have a feeling i am controlling a landwahle o.o #barrelroll

how can you play that?

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: toymachine.1673

toymachine.1673

doesn’t offend me one bit, I don’t work at anet. and I guess little things like that with charr don’t seem to bother me

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

females, they usually have more details/cool looking things and look elegant generally; most male armor models look… boring/lacking imo… then again, some people like it that way~

just examples (sry no human, but skins are usable by any race really, besides planty shoulders/gloves :P)… with last one it is really visible how male versions are lacking~

Yeah, I see what you mean.
Except the middle one, the male one looks classy.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Yeah, I see what you mean.
Except the middle one, the male one looks classy.

mid one: i am sure there would be way to make it look classy and cool… instead of just….um, potatoe sack suit with some sprinkles

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

no offense but every time i get to play charr thief (see fractals) i have a feeling i am controlling a landwahle o.o #barrelroll

how can you play that?

When you want to play Thief while not too interested in hooded assassins, stabby midgets, and other waifus everyone pulls off, unless you have unique plans for your human, you have two options: Charr, or a Norn gentleman.

Assuming the charr isn’t too tall to start with, it takes some time getting used to. Then you get to appreciate the powerful attack movements, makes you feel like a strong, dirty fighter. It’s recommended however to not wear too much mesh-overwhelming armor and to always sheathe weapons when possible, one handed stance is ugly indeed.

Also, the charr probably has the least amount of silly quotes of all races. :P

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Nurgles Socks.2496

How do i take a print screen of my TEEF please? I’d love to share mine with you all, I’m only a wee baby, but have some awesome looking GW1 style armour on

Also I agree that the females always look better in these games, more ornate armours and stuff. I tend to like male beast or like undead characters tho (female orks are so funny tho, my mates rolled them for PvP and dominated a server with a female ork clan, was awesome) I’m still new to this game but I don’t think I’m gonna make any male toons for this game, the females just look much better.

(edited by Nurgles Socks.2496)

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

How do i take a print screen of my TEEF please? I’d love to share mine with you all, I’m only a wee baby, but have some awesome looking GW1 style armour on ;)

Print key on your keyboard, it should be next to F12
To make it really professional press ctrl, shift and H
(and back to see all the windows again)

Edit: I like my male thieves ;)

Attachments:

in Thief

Nurgles Socks.2496

How do i take a print screen of my TEEF please? I’d love to share mine with you all, I’m only a wee baby, but have some awesome looking GW1 style armour on

Print key on your keyboard, it should be next to F12
To make it really professional press ctrl, shift and H
(and back to see all the windows again)

Edit: I like my male thieves

Thank you

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Abuses black dye and claims no detail.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Abuses black dye and claims no detail.

We’ve established that he’s a black log in another thread.

Black dye doesn’t necessarily take away detail.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Nurgles Socks.2496

I used grey and purple dye mostly, I took some rough screens last night, haven’t looked for them this morning though, need to look for where they went! lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Genbu.1705

Genbu.1705

My Norn thief was originally male. With the biggest/fattest bodytype, and a mohawk and I loved him to pieces. But the way off-hand pistol was clipping through pretty much any coat, made me change his gender to female. And I’m happy I made that decision.
As for the dyes, I use charred, black and enameled sacrifice.

Here are two pics of her, now and before. I’m starting to feel like deleting my ranger and making a new one looking like my thief used to

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I prefer male thief, although I already have a male medium armor (Ranger) so I have a female thief. She definitely feels more nimble too, but that is just what I think. Also, I was a huge City of Heroes player and the Arachnos organization had a whole branch of female assassins (widows)

A lot of cool armor sets are available for males too, I like the T3, Sneakthief sets but I am usually mixing and matching clothes. If I were to wear a whole armor set though it would be T3/2 human male.

Female thieves are not bad either! Some of the trench coats actually look great on them if you are not the type for revealing clothes. Currently wearing Aetherblade armor on my female thief. Usually I dye her on a darker scale, but I try to avoid black dyes (abyss and black). I like the darker purple, it’s a bit more “assassin”-y color scheme. That or dark blue.

I just hope that less coats are available. Glorious armor from PvP is a step in the right direction for both males and females. I’m hoping for Assassin armor back in GW1 to make a leak here.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I used grey and purple dye mostly, I took some rough screens last night, haven’t looked for them this morning though, need to look for where they went! lol.

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Guild Wars 2\Screens\

or

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Guild Wars 2\Screens\

<user> being w/e your user name is on the comp.
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

you rang?

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Totally changed my thief, went for sneaky “Ninja” looks.

T3 human mask
sneak thief shoulders
glorious chest
rawhide gloves
wvw mist leggings
t3 human sandals

all dyed abyss

what do you think

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Heheh. A while back I saw the biggest norn possible, with no hair and a huge moustache. Talked to the guy and then joined him and his partner for a couple of TPvP rounds… size doesn’t matter. He just rolled through everything, even though he was so big. I guess he blotted out the enemies’ screens with his bulk.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Thief

Posted by: Blackmentos.3652

Blackmentos.3652

For me, it’s easy to make the human female thief look good with all the current skins available. Still, I choose to represent a human male thief and make it look good. Here’s my thief, used dyes that resembled the color scheme of the Order of Whispers.

Attachments:

[PH] Valahom/ Deethon/ Varahom

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Just compare shadow assassin outfit between male and female…

Its pretty pathetic that A net wasnt yet able to create a proper male leather armor… still waiting for it but i kind of gave up hope.

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

I personally think it depends which race you want to go with.
Norn=Male
Sylvari=Female
Asura=Male
Charr=Female
Human=Female

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

in Thief

Nurgles Socks.2496

A friend kindly bought me midnight ice so I can now rock black and with a bunch of other colours I’ve gotten I can now make my mid rang gear look dope.
Not regretting the choice of Thief one bit, they have access to the best looking gear in the game IMO.

in Thief

Posted by: Infatum.2481

Infatum.2481

My new main, really happy with how she turned out. She’s going for an “assistant researcher” kind of look. Generally assisting in the live dissection of large scary monsters.

Not specifically a vote for female though, I like a lot of the male thief looks I’ve seen when someone has put some thought into them.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Decus.8602

Decus.8602

Here is my support for the male side, had a female for a long time too tho….
http://i.imgur.com/VEltrff.png

[dF]Vuu Thief/Mesmer – Desolation