Final nail in coffin for S/D

in Thief

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

They removed the trick to reset infiltrators strike by jumping and casting… Seriously???

in Thief

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

If this is true then all I want to say is THANK YOU to all of you who shared this on forums! Great job.

in Thief

Posted by: noot.8641

noot.8641

I just cannot believe they would first nerf the hell out of thieves with the 1sec ICD on stealth attacks, and than this. I’m so upset that they totally have no clue what they are doing. Who comes up with this stuff? I always play sd, and use CnD and stealth attack to daze, but now its just totally gone, to land that hit in stealth now u gotta be really lucky. RNG in pvp, lel. Just delete every weapon set except D/P. You guys HAD a good game, now its just total KITTEN!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

I can’t find this in the patch notes. Did they announce it somewhere else?

in Thief

noot.8641

Its a stealth nerf, ofc. they dont have the balls to put in their patch notes.

in Thief

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

Ah. I haven’t had the chance to play today. Looks like shortbow is back on the menu.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

what? i thought that was a bug, not a “trick” and i never used it anyway.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

noot.8641

Well, it was a bug, But the bug has been ingame since launch. And now when thieves are in a bad spot, they actually fix this, i mean you guys seriously didn’t know this bug untill now? Where is the crew that made this game? it feels for me that the people who are “balancing” this game now are just not doing their job as they should. They just like to slap us in the face i guess. /facepalm

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

i think a lot of us knew about this bug years ago. but never used it any way, and why would you use it ? was this a desperate act just to get to a point in pvp? because when i duel or roam in wvw i have never thought that i needed to use that reset on IS

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

This was what carried signets and a large part of core thief in WvW.

Just wow.

in Thief

Posted by: anotherduck.8730

anotherduck.8730

and why would you use it ? was this a desperate act just to get to a point in pvp?

Chasing targets that try to flee. S/D right now has no way of catching up if someone decides to run away. It’s just another dead weapon set without a reliable gap closer.

(edited by anotherduck.8730)

in Thief

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

Come on… I just wanted to try this myself after learning about it from another thread… seems like they took the food away from my mouth.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Well, it was a bug, But the bug has been ingame since launch.

Do you know what else is a bug? Heartseeker’s length being affected by the direction of the camera. As in what gives the ability to leap four times through a single Black Powder. Directly from one of the programmers…

Action Cam + Thief = Issues

pointing the camera down does not shorten the Heartseeker’s leap, making it much more difficult to jump inside Black Powder multiple times.

The behavior you want is almost certainly a bug in the first place, so I’m not sure what to tell you.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Do you know what else is a bug? Heartseeker’s length being affected by the direction of the camera. As in what gives the ability to leap four times through a single Black Powder. Directly from one of the programmers…

pointing the camera down does not shorten the Heartseeker’s leap, making it much more difficult to jump inside Black Powder multiple times.

The behavior you want is almost certainly a bug in the first place, so I’m not sure what to tell you.

LOL, i am sure they will get to this one day.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Sad thing is, if they were to change this, any half decent thief would know how to use bound and heartseeker properly to get the same four leap finishers. I dare anet to fix this.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Sad thing is, if they were to change this, any half decent thief would know how to use bound and heartseeker properly to get the same four leap finishers. I dare anet to fix this.

Very sad indeed. I may not be a decent Thief, but I hope I’m at least half decent. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to Bound :-(

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Very sad indeed. I may not be a decent Thief, but I hope I’m at least half decent. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to Bound :-(

Just play pvp, don’t need 4 leaps there to get job done – usually a waste of ini.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

and why would you use it ? was this a desperate act just to get to a point in pvp?

Chasing targets that try to flee. S/D right now has no way of catching up if someone decides to run away. It’s just another dead weapon set without a reliable gap closer.

SHow me a video of this lol, I would love to see how or why people did this. Dancing dagger is bad but it never failed me for keeping up with fleeing people and if said person wants to fight you he will come back for you, come to think abut this, this was just a way to gank people who are 2K range or fuether away that was either fleeing a fight long before anyone noticed or is an enemy thief on short bow.

Of all of the sd thives I have seen I have never seen 1 do this bug, even in pvp, so that’s 5 inative used up, are there’s the sort of s/d thives that only use #1 and #2?

in Thief

Posted by: anotherduck.8730

anotherduck.8730

Honestly, if you were never using this in the first place,it seems to me that you are not so experienced with the S/D gameplay in general. Let me list a few more reasons as to why this little trick was so useful:

• Condi clear when being chased

You don’t even need a target for this. As long as you have ini to spare, you can clear those pesky condis without having to port back.

• Running away when weapon swap is on cd.

Short bow is always going to be superior as far as mobility is concerned, but it’s nice to have another way out when your bow is inaccessible. The downside is that it always requires a target.

You have to realize that most of us are complaining, not because we relied on this to play S/D efficiently, but simply because this nerf was uncalled for. You could say it is the straw that broke the camel’s back. It’s one more change that heavily impacts the versatility of a weapon set, that was struggling in pvp to begin with.

SHow me a video of this lol, I would love to see how or why people did this.
Of all of the sd thives I have seen I have never seen 1 do this bug, even in pvp, so that’s 5 inative used up, are there’s the sort of s/d thives that only use #1 and #2?

I believe Sizer has been streaming once again, so you can check out his VoDs to see how/when this was used in pvp.

in Thief

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yeah there are a lot if silly things that no 1 cared or complained about on all classes that got “fixed” I am experienced with this set, have been for a good year now…started playing it seriously since around April last yeah now how ever most of my fights were duels where I didn’t need to chase said person or, I used shadow step/steal along with IS if I knew I would get the kill other wise they can run of and reset and come back for round 2. I have never been 1 of there’s thives that will go out of my way, burn all of my resorces just for a cheap gank.

I will watch his streams tonight, intrested in why people used it.

in Thief

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I just don’t get why it can’t have a cancel animation that isn’t a bug. When the builds best feature is a bug what does that tell you ? I personally have no love for thief’s especially the d/p type which seems is being made the only option for wvw, i really feel bad for thief’s who want variety or acrobatic game play which is something I never thought I’d say.

in Thief

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

You have to realize that most of us are complaining, not because we relied on this to play S/D efficiently, but simply because this nerf was uncalled for. You could say it is the straw that broke the camel’s back. It’s one more change that heavily impacts the versatility of a weapon set, that was struggling in pvp to begin with.

Exactly. S/D wasn’t a very good set even with the bug. What’s the point in making it worse? I mean, yeah, I honestly think the bug needed to be fixed eventually because it’s just something that shouldn’t be in the game, but now is not the time. D/P has been THE thief set for years. Last patch they kitten on D/D with the Backstab CD and now S/D is taking a hit. Why? Are we all supposed to play D/P? Is that the intention?

D/D hasn’t been viable since the trait rework in June of 2015. S/D made it out okay, but was still inferior to D/P in just about every way. The January patch of this year made S/D a lot better, but it’s still meh overall. The change today won’t make or break the set, but it certainly feels disrespectful to the people already fighting an uphill battle.

I can only assume that ANet is eventually going to nerf D/P and then thief will have nothing outside staff spam and condi cheese. They have certainly made it clear that they don’t intend on helping offhand dagger. Thief just has so many core problems in general. It would take a considerable amount of work to get us back to a place where there is some build diversity.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

(edited by TakeCare.3182)

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

This was more of a feature than a “bug”. Instead of removing it they should have included it in the tooltip and implement more tricks like this.
It’s weird how they manage to make thief less fun every patch. First they make D/P the only meta build for years. Trait choices limited to 3 specific tratlines. Then they started to ruin skills 1 by 1.: Disabling shot now makes your character stutter at the end even if you are running away. Stealth attack CD is really clunky if they seriously do this they should add a “reveal myself” button because being in stealth is more of a curse than anything since u cant autoattack if you miss your stealth attack once and you become a sitting duck. Now this sword 2 change… lol

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

I still have 12 silverwastes shovels pm me if intrested, i already burried my thief deep in tyria!

in Thief

Posted by: Joker.9812

Joker.9812

I still have 12 silverwastes shovels pm me if intrested, i already burried my thief deep in tyria!

Hahaha, XD, man, you made my day. :D :P
XD :D :) :) :/ :( TT T_T

Oh my god, why is this happening to us?! T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T

Everything, which has its beginning…
… has also its end.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I’ve always used it but it was not a trick but a bug so it deserves to be fixed. The only thing is that devs seems to be realy active when something that help thieves needs their attention, but they don’t care to fix anything that might help thieves.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Hahaha, XD, man, you made my day. :P
XD :) :/ :( TT T_T

Oh my god, why is this happening to us?! T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T

Also the amount of people cheering at this nerf again makes me even more sad, played 3 pvp matches enemy team always and i say always had 2 DH 2 mesmer……. such build diversity much fun in pvp

in Thief

Posted by: sanctionneur.1589

sanctionneur.1589

Hell yeah ! Deserved it, it was too stronk.

Real pro builds out there are DP spamterrupt or condi trapper anyway.

in Thief

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

Basically Anet’s plan is to kitten on all of our weapon sets besides D/P, forcing us all to change to D/P. Then, once they eventually decide to dumpster D/P, they’ll be dumpstering as many of us as possible along with it.

Guess I’ll be playing my War or Guard for the forseeable future because anet’s lack of knowledge in balancing our class, and then total ignorance when it comes to actually responding to our complaints when they continue to break it, kittens me off no end. ’

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.