Four hundred stacks of bleeding

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This is a really interesting take on condition damage, but I’m worried that the stacking burning condition might turn out to be really OP. Albeit, I like the high stacks of bleeding, but at the same time, I don’t really want to be on the receiving end.

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-changes-dotsanddashes/

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

Cynz….you got it wrong. Weakness is remaining unchanged. It’s Vulnerability that was modified. Currently Vuln only increases incoming physical damage. With the change, Vuln will also increase incoming condition damage. This change will make Vuln more valuable and possibly even more deadly than it already is.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The one I don’t like is the change on Cripple and Chill. Cripple is a hard counter vs leaping Warriors and Guardians…after the patch, they can just ignore them. kitten soldier class QQing so hard not liking all the Caltrops all over the place.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Cynz….you got it wrong. Weakness is remaining unchanged. It’s Vulnerability that was modified. Currently Vuln only increases incoming physical damage. With the change, Vuln will also increase incoming condition damage. This change will make Vuln more valuable and possibly even more deadly than it already is.

yeah ik, i switched vulnerability for weakness, too tired after work~
edited post

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

The one I don’t like is the change on Cripple and Chill. Cripple is a hard counter vs leaping Warriors and Guardians…after the patch, they can just ignore them. kitten soldier class QQing so hard not liking all the Caltrops all over the place.

well, I hear you on this one, but I personally think it won’t be that big of a deal. here’s why.

The change only effects the movement distance of the spell itself. NOT the characters movement speed. Sure, they’ll be able to leap a full Leap of Faith or sword leap, but once that leap is done, they’ll still have cripple or chill on them. Chill would be even less effected, because of how it extends recharges.

The ONLY scenario you’ll need to be concerned with is the warriors taking the new Warriors Sprint, which will not only give them a 25% movement speed while using melee weapons, but will also allow movement skills (like the sword leap or Bulls Charge or hammer burst skill, etc) to clear movement impairing conditions.

I’m still not worried about it though….thanks to lots of cripple, evades, bleeds and torment too!

(edited by sirjarros.4107)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

At least we can heartseeker away from a Reaper now.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Condi is already face roll.

Now they are buffing it…..wtf

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Four hundred stacks of bleeds…. will generate four hundred stacks of tears! Can’t wait…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well, at least cele might get slightly nerfed by this. They said the breakover point for condis doing more damage was 700, and even with a base stat increase I wouldn’t expect to see too much more condi damage added in. The meta cEle build has about 540 condi damage for example, so we should expect to see less damage per tick. Not to mention they said burning was going to get a slight nerf in general to make up for the intensity stacking. Lets hope that by making all of these damaging condis intensity stacking that condi builds will have to apply more constant pressure rather than bursting condis and kiting while you melt.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Well, at least cele might get slightly nerfed by this. They said the breakover point for condis doing more damage was 700, and even with a base stat increase I wouldn’t expect to see too much more condi damage added in. The meta cEle build has about 540 condi damage for example, so we should expect to see less damage per tick. Not to mention they said burning was going to get a slight nerf in general to make up for the intensity stacking. Lets hope that by making all of these damaging condis intensity stacking that condi builds will have to apply more constant pressure rather than bursting condis and kiting while you melt.

The issue there is that Cele builds get more of their strength from giving themselves Might. A good few stacks will send them soaring well above 700 and supposedly condition damage above 700 will scale to be even stronger than before. Burning will struggle a little bit, maybe, but I can’t see a Cele nerf being that large if at all.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Condi is already face roll.

Now they are buffing it…..wtf

Outside small skirmishes on WvW ConD was useless.
The ConD change was necessary for PvE more than PvP.

No one in their right mind will have more than 20 stacks of anything uncleaned.
I mean, who still walks without cleanse?

I am sad that my superspeed heartseeker won’t make me fly anymore, but i am happy that I can use HS to counter cripple.
Tough some may argue that, since HS doesnt have speed advantage anymore, SB 5# just got better.

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

No need to think about 400 stacks of bleeds, 3-5 stacks of burning will have killed you already before the bleed stacks go past 10.

In group fights, against more then one opponent applying burning, burning is already a major factor, wait untill it stacks in intensity and you will be Bar-b-Q in seconds.

Also in conjunction with taunt this will be insane, condi on guards will be the thing, the dev said it..

00666 builds for thieves inc, else you will be dead. Have fun being a venom bot.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

From that post I understand that since they are recalculating the condi dmg, max condi dmg build will do more dmg than it does now + vulnerability. Condi dmg is already strong.

The fact it sucks in certain scenarios is not due to the condi dmg itself but how easily it can be cleansed in team fights or the current cap (pve).

Teams will still be able to cleanse easily while in very small scale or 1 vs 1, power will be kittened.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

T raw.4658

They are increasing the damage per tick on builds that have +condi damage.

Thats not needed. The increase in stacks for PvE was.

Already condi burst is real in today’s game….

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I think they’re doing it to compensate for the loss of condition damage from the traits.

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I think they’re doing it to compensate for the loss of condition damage from the traits.

except they are making those stats baseline….

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

The biggest thing with the new condi specs is thief’s access to resistance will be entirely too limited.

They will need to add resistance to the SA line, maybe gaining the resistance boon when entering stealth for a few seconds to allow the SA line to work in time before all those stacks wreck you.

The way I see it, these intensity changes are balancing out with the resistance boon, but in core specializations that boon is very very limited for almost all classes.

If these changes happen before HoT specializations and new skills like Rev’s aoe resistance, even zerg fights are going to be condi fests with no way out.

in Thief

T raw.4658

We aren’t losing them they are just going to be tied to something else. I was under the impression you could choose which ones you want to better round out your build.

That being said a standard condi build runs well over 1k condi damage and their condi burst will rival power burst.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

We aren’t losing them they are just going to be tied to something else. I was under the impression you could choose which ones you want to better round out your build.

We are losing them since after the expac, we’ll have no stat bonuses from the trait line anymore (i.e. condition damage from Trickery).

Reallocating this bonuses doesn’t mean that it will be a 1-to-1 transfer from one place to another. The +300 condition damage from Trickery might be spread out starting with the increase in condition damage intensity — so that overall, even if we lost the bonuses from the trait line, it would feel as if we never did.

That being said a standard condi build runs well over 1k condi damage and their condi burst will rival power burst.

That is assuming that the conditions will function as it is now.

Knowing that the condition damage is now being stacked in intensity, your damage output having 1k condition damage now may only require, probably, 500 condition damage after the expac.

On top of that, they also mention that the base condition damage stats will be lowered and their coefficient value would be increased which further support the theory that you may not even need 1k condition damage to achieve the same result as you have now.

Not to mention that Vulnerability will also increase the condition damage on the target which is another indication that 1k condition damage may not even be necessary.

in Thief

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

From Dulfy:
http://dulfy.net/2015/06/10/gw2-combat-changes-dots-and-dashes/

Adjusting the Scaling

As mentioned above, we’re changing damage formulas a bit for the damaging conditions. Since you’ll be able to reliably deliver your condition damage with the upcoming changes, it felt necessary to look at the damage formulas themselves and how conditions scale.

Essentially, conditions are too effective right now without investing points into the condition-damage stat. We will significantly lower the base damage on damaging conditions while increasing how much they scale with the condition-damage stat. This means at lower levels of condition damage you can expect to do less damage than you currently do, while at higher values you’ll do even more damage than you are currently able to. The formulas are still being adjusted, but to give you an idea, the break-even point before you start doing more damage is around 700 condition damage.

in Thief

T raw.4658

We are losing them since after the expac, we’ll have no stat bonuses from the trait line anymore (i.e. condition damage from Trickery).

Reallocating this bonuses doesn’t mean that it will be a 1-to-1 transfer from one place to another. The +300 condition damage from Trickery might be spread out starting with the increase in condition damage intensity — so that overall, even if we lost the bonuses from the trait line, it would feel as if we never did.

Knowing that the condition damage is now being stacked in intensity, your damage output having 1k condition damage now may only require, probably, 500 condition damage after the expac.

On top of that, they also mention that the base condition damage stats will be lowered and their coefficient value would be increased which further support the theory that you may not even need 1k condition damage to achieve the same result as you have now.

Not to mention that Vulnerability will also increase the condition damage on the target which is another indication that 1k condition damage may not even be necessary.

You really don’t get it do you?

Do a complete condi dump on someone with a thief using 1700 condi damage.

Watch how fast they get burned down.

Now increase that damage AND remember the poison is now stacking……qq

ps they also stated we aren’t giving the trait line stats they’ll just be reallocated. Think about it because anet would be nerfing steal HARD

in Thief

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

Will this cement at least 2 points in SA into all of our post update builds? I was pretty hyped for 66006 and 60066.

Ably

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Will this cement at least 2 points in SA into all of our post update builds? I was pretty hyped for 66006 and 60066.

There’s no choice; you can only spec 6 deep in a line after the changes. No more 2-point dipping.

I think 6/0/6/6/0 is probably going to be what most people go for, if not 0/0/6/6/6 and just forgetting about Panic Strike and the damage portions of DA on the basis that conditions are just going to be too strong to not take SA + Acrobatics for absolute maximum condition immunity.

I potentially see thieves becoming almost pointless in any PvP scenario after these changes take place.

I have a good feeling the game is going to quickly turn into condi wars 2, as if it already wasn’t bad enough.

in Thief

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

For people confused about where the stat points are going; 74 will be put into base stats, raising all stats from 926 base to 1000, the rest are being spread into your actual gear stats.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

You really don’t get it do you?

Do a complete condi dump on someone with a thief using 1700 condi damage.

Watch how fast they get burned down.

Now increase that damage AND remember the poison is now stacking……qq

ps they also stated we aren’t giving the trait line stats they’ll just be reallocated. Think about it because anet would be nerfing steal HARD

Just as I suspect. You’re comparing the future changes to the current stats when you should be comparing future changes to future stats.