Ghost Thief kills warrior (UPDATED 10/6)

in Thief

Posted by: Hero.2319

Hero.2319

For your entertainment! Showing the world that after all the nerfs, thieves still can kill like a silent assassin. This is just the beginning. Full montage coming soon!

Fair duel with Warrior (Berserker Elite specialization)
https://youtu.be/nfsylqFPJuE

Warrior dies trying to escape into keep
https://youtu.be/jpOb3YO0p8c

Your truly,

Cherry Fang

(edited by Hero.2319)

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Some people don’t believe it but caltrops and Needle Trap can be deadly.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

yea but thats too hard to do

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Thief

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

Yeah, that’s probably the worst warrior I’ve ever seen, this doesn’t count.

in Thief

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

try doing that to a revenant, a dragonhunter or a scrapper

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You’re probably the pesky Thief I killed near fort with my venom burst when I saw you were bothering people. ;s Trap builds are so annoying to kill and all but you can simply just walk away from the slow damage with chin held high, shrugging off the pokes.

I’d rather be like a real Assassin from GW1.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

this made me laugh, great vid

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

(edited by Khazik.8052)

in Thief

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

Bad warrior though. That’s quite an unrealistic build..

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Thief OP. Didn’t even need to land a hit. Perma stealth. Nerf inc.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Horrible warrior & thief — absolutely braindead and shameful build. As a thief main anyone who plays or supports this build should just uninstall and play Minesweeper.

Can’t wait until condi application reveal is implemented.

PS: I don’t know why people STILL don’t know that staying inside Black Powder (the red rings…. hello??) prevent thieves from stacking stealth. Its been 3 years guys…

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

2 of these guys made my whole server cry for thief nerfs.

in Thief

bliss.4305

2 of these guys made my whole server cry for thief nerfs.

Teach your server to stand inside red rings. Meanwhile, all thieves suffer because of a few idiots who can’t play the class normally.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Teach your server to stand inside red rings. Meanwhile, all thieves suffer because of a few idiots who can’t play the class normally.

It wasn’t just noobs complaining and I complained back – I’m a big thief defender. I have a chat screenshot from when they called a D/D thief they couldn’t kill (really?) Jesus thief and a hacker – they probably reported him quite a few times. (Edit: He wasn’t cheating – I was excited to see another D/D thief (it was like a unicorn) so I hunted him down).
I still love my server though, but sometimes wvw is scary.

in Thief

bliss.4305

It wasn’t just noobs complaining and I complained back – I’m a big thief defender. I have a chat screenshot from when they called a D/D thief they couldn’t kill (really?) Jesus thief and a hacker – they probably reported him quite a few times. (Edit: He wasn’t cheating – I was excited to see another D/D thief (it was like a unicorn) so I hunted him down).
I still love my server though, but sometimes wvw is scary.

Stealth will always be the bane of horrible players. Unfortunately, when people are bad, not being able to see the opponent is self-assuring reason to point fingers to.

“Wow he completely killed me and there’s nothing I could do — half the time he was invisible. It can’t be that I don’t know what he does at all… it has to be the invisibility. NERF STEALTH qqqqqq”

^ A typical day for anyone I kill in WvW nowadays.

Another thing: I’ve objectively observed that when I roam as a thief I get 3 times more QQ whispers or hate messages. Crazy, right?

in Thief

Jana.6831

Stealth will always be the bane of horrible players. Unfortunately, when people are bad, not being able to see the opponent is self-assuring reason to point fingers to.

“Wow he completely killed me and there’s nothing I could do — half the time he was invisible. It can’t be that I don’t know what he does at all… it has to be the invisibility. NERF STEALTH qqqqqq”

^ A typical day for anyone I kill in WvW nowadays.

Another thing: I’ve objectively observed that when I roam as a thief I get 3 times more QQ whispers or hate messages. Crazy, right?

Got QQ twice in my 1,5 years as a solo roamer. Most guys who whisper me are really nice – and no I don’t lose all the time ;)- that is weird actually. Makes me feel like a bad player.
But the days when people whispered me to ask for more duels are gone. It’s more about WINNING now.

Edit: I remember a really funny encounter. I was running around in wvw and my gaming mouse was broken, so my thief had the “tourette syndrom” and was spamming 1111 uncontrollably (try to time a backstab with that). A S/D thief ganked me and lost – don’t ask me how, I didn’t stomp him because the whole situation was so bizarre. So I got a salty whisperer “I just lost because blabla” “yeah it’s alright” “I want a rematch” “I can’t really play, my mouse is broken” “you’ll get 50 gold if you win!!” I spammed some more 111 and moved on.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

And here it goes again.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Meridya.9352

Meridya.9352

try doing that to a revenant, a dragonhunter or a scrapper

You can also add Necromancer and Elementalist to the list. You don’t need revealed debuff to deal with permastealth trap thieves, just a lot of untargeted AoE damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

I could kill that Warrior just by spamming autoattacks with shortbow, no offence but it was boring to watch

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Sweetmate.5903

Sweetmate.5903

The Warrior might as well have been afk. What is this video supposed to prove? That you can kill braindead players?

in Thief

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

Not a single hit was needed to kill this war xD

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

worst warrior evah!

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

That warrior was a bit kitten y. Not quite sure why he hung around for so long.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Nothing wrong here, this is the game Anet envisioned. #June 23 aka doomsday patch

in Thief

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

the OP just posted this to prove that you can kill someone else while full stealth, its not about the opponent.

in Thief

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

guys this was just for fun. dont take it too serious xD

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

This shows that stealth is OP vs noobs

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

One and a half minutes per kill. I hope it was worth it, OP :P.

in Thief

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What build is this? It looks interesting.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Thief

meepeY.2867

What build is this? It looks interesting.

This is the build

This is some longer gameplay

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Nerf human elite OOOOPPPPPPPPP

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

This is gold. Pure Gold.

and tears.

in Thief

Jana.6831

So it was actually you who I met – you caused quite a rage

in Thief

Posted by: Hero.2319

Hero.2319

Here’s an updated video of me dueling a Berserker Warrior Elite specialization.

https://youtu.be/nfsylqFPJuE

Stay tuned for more vids killing every class including Revs, Engis, and Eles

in Thief

meepeY.2867

So it was actually you who I met – you caused quite a rage

;-)

Fun duels btw on Friday – If that was you I was testing P/P against.
I’ve only seen one D/D Thief from Gunnars, so I assume that was you.

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

This shows that stealth is OP vs noobs

Well, it isn´t even about noobs, just a matter of disengage…
Had one of that “ghost thieves” lately when I was actually in WvW again, the thief wasn´t able to down me or my friend (mesmer with 0 condi-remove), after some tome we just left (thief was around sm, when he got pressured he run into it). Its not worth it and just boring. Nice from OP to actually kill someone. I would be bored and going away after 1min. I´m not saying that he doesn´t know how to use that build. but it is just lame, not anywhere about a risk/reward gameplay that, at the end, got the thief nerfed for the last 3 years.
I can´t understand people complaining a lot about P/D in wvw, its easy to counter and I do it every day, even on warrior (not really played for 9 month), but playing kittenlike is just, well… I said it…

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

I have used this build. Those who have no idea how thief works will sometimes die, unless they have any kind of sustain/condi clear, in which case you’ll just be a nuissance. Those who know how thief works will deny your stealth by standing in BP, grabbing a reveal trap, or traiting for reveal if they have it, completely screwing you over. I’ve not killed a single skilled opponent with this build, only clueless people.

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

I’m not sure how I’m supposed to feel about this.

in Thief

Jana.6831

;-)

No, that was another- he’s usually around SM and duels a lot. D/D and P/P last time I checked his weapons. He’s really nice, probably nicer than me ;)
I was around SM and dying to your traps while discussing “THE OUTRAGE” in mapchat ;)

in Thief

meepeY.2867

;-)

No, that was another- he’s usually around SM and duels a lot. D/D and P/P last time I checked his weapons. He’s really nice, probably nicer than me
I was around SM and dying to your traps while discussing “THE OUTRAGE” in mapchat

Fair enough, I’ve not played Ghost in like, a weeks or so. Been having fun with other builds and my Ranger

in Thief

Jana.6831

Fair enough, I’ve not played Ghost in like, a weeks or so. Been having fun with other builds and my Ranger

I actually defended you guys – I know it’s a troll build and that the runes (or thief) will be nerfed because of it but most people just saw THIEF AAARGH NERRF!!

Edit: So if I had been serious about killing you I’d built some stealth traps and gotten my necro or engi and ask someone with AC mastery to man an AC. But you didn’t bother me that much.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

meepeY.2867

I actually defended you guys – I know it’s a troll build and that the runes (or thief) will be nerfed because of it but most people just saw THIEF AAARGH NERRF!!

I just see it as smart use of mechanics. Lots of people complain that it’s OP, but look at some other builds out there; they can be just as bad.

I see a trap nerf coming if Ghost Thief starts to become a thing. They’ll make the trap popping reveal you by giving it a base damage. I can say that I’ve somewhat “helped” Ghost Thief gain popularity through streaming but it’s been around for a while. I’m also trying my best not to stream it as much. I get A LOT of rage whispers of people reporting me for hacking. I’m afraid I might get falsely banned because anet has a habit of listening to the loudest voices.

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’m afraid I might get falsely banned because anet has a habit of listening to the loudest voices.

I know and that’s what I’m always trying to prevent – no matter the class actually. I often have troubles against opponents but the whole chat rages about this or that other “hacker” and I either hunt them down or bump into them and they are easy kills – it’s a mystery to me.²
You might get a lot of attention actually as it’s the first real thief video on this forum since June.
And like I already said indirectly: I don’t really mind that build although I can also see why people are annoyed by it. Maybe I’m too much thief to be outraged myself (for outsiders: I know that I can run away from this opponent if I want to, I know how to disrupt stealth and I mostly know where thieves are, although with this build it’s rather hard to tell).

ETA: ² I have been to 4 servers and the same stuff happened on all of them. With the exception that my first used me as a thief-detector.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I’m not sure how I’m supposed to feel about this.

Like this:

STEALTHZORS OPEEH

(If the build spreads, that’s definitely how one side (the receiving one) will feel)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

For clarification, I won’t say he’s a bad player since he lost. Realistically, there was almost no way for him to counter you with his build outside of standing in your black powder field( and that would imply you did it next to him). He was bad because he didn’t just run. Obviously if the odds are that stacked, disengage, Christ.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Horrible warrior & thief — absolutely braindead and shameful build. As a thief main anyone who plays or supports this build should just uninstall and play Minesweeper.

Can’t wait until condi application reveal is implemented.

PS: I don’t know why people STILL don’t know that staying inside Black Powder (the red rings…. hello??) prevent thieves from stacking stealth. Its been 3 years guys…

/topic

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Thief

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

Why u guys care about a crap warrior be killed by a crap thief ? trapper is nothing but a trolling build. if u just leave him behind, guess what ? this thief can’t kill u. If u want killing him so mad, just playing an engi , revealed him with a “Lock On” attack, then “Utility Goggles”, and u can kill him 3 times LOL.

in Thief

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I just see it as smart use of mechanics. Lots of people complain that it’s OP, but look at some other builds out there; they can be just as bad.

I see a trap nerf coming if Ghost Thief starts to become a thing. They’ll make the trap popping reveal you by giving it a base damage. I can say that I’ve somewhat “helped” Ghost Thief gain popularity through streaming but it’s been around for a while. I’m also trying my best not to stream it as much. I get A LOT of rage whispers of people reporting me for hacking. I’m afraid I might get falsely banned because anet has a habit of listening to the loudest voices.

That’s just low and ignorant of them. You’re just doing what’s intended and you’re supposed to do: play to the strengths of your class to optimize your advantage. What they don’t understand is that thief actually needs the stealth to balance out a low base HP and no AoE bursts like rangers, warriors, and elementalists get.

in Thief

Jana.6831

bug fix post bug fix post bug fix post bug fix post bug fix post bug fix post

in Thief

Posted by: Lammi.5769

Lammi.5769

Shouldn’t you just run Sinister armor or would that get you 1-shot by random Warrior GS 3’s.