I want Thief to be True Assassin

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Public Service Announcement
From this point onwards, if anyone calls any of my ideas OP, I’m going to laugh in your face and send you a link to this thread. That is all :-)

Ps. I’m pro-assassin. But not quite like this :-P

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I have no words.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I never spend time reading what SuperKorean writes but this one gave me a laugh.

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Dude, whatever you’re on, take less of it.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

cool m8
An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.

[SA]

in Thief

Posted by: Achey.3612

Achey.3612

aaaaw you were making such great points until you started talking about giving the thief the ability to pop 1-5 skills simultaneously. that would be a disaster in wvw and spvp. and 60 initiative? what? lol

it was at that point, I think I realized that you’re an amazing troll. you reeled me in, hook line and sinker. (not sure if I’m using that expression right…)

anyway, uuuh. I agree with EVERYTHING until you mentioned the above points I’ve mentioned.

in Thief

Posted by: Achey.3612

Achey.3612

also, as it is now, I’m more of the type to play WvW and even in sPvP, I pick my targets carefully. engaging 1v1 when an opponent has full hp only means on average I take them down to 1/4 of their hp before they flee towards backup.

I’m an ambusher. I look for weakened players and finish them off. I hunt for who I believe are commanders and point them out to my friends. and most importantly, I hunt for back-liners.

in Thief

Posted by: TheDarkSoul.1938

TheDarkSoul.1938

So what I got from this is
“U is teef so u is instaplaguedeathlord go nuke ppz”
“if u see dem first then they is ded”
“if they see you first then they is ded…”
“….unless they def demselves from ur over 9000 auto attak, den they will MAYBEH win.”
“Maybeh.”

Anet please listen to this guy and finally fix Thief. Praise the SuperKorean.

Fissure Of Woe – [lpe]
I Silent – Thief
…. That’s about it.

in Thief

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I am fighting against a equally skilled player and I am thief and hes dragon hunter.
If I try to end the fight quickly, I lose for sure.
The traps can kill me in 1 second.
If I prolong the fight and wait until dragon hunter is on all cooldowns, I win.
vs Scrapper, same thing
vs Druid, same thing
vs Chrono, same thing
vs Tempest, same thing
I am not saying this is the only way play thief.
Thief can just rush in and just pour out damage without backing off.
I have seen thieves who play like this
They wont back off , they wont go back into stealth , and they just march forward pouring out everything they got.
Some people will call them novice player but I think this is how Assassin class should be.

It has to do with powercreep on every other class and all the passive defense.

If both classes are running full zerker, the thief should be hitting 10K (3/4 an HP bar or basically instakill on eles and other thieves) on light/medium armor easily.

If you’re talking about PvP tempests, it’s because they’re mostly running cleric amulet which means your burst damage is going to be cut down significantly. Most chronos are running Mercenary’s amulet so that’s the issue there as well.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

OP’s suggestions are ridiculous lol.

Imagine Lead Attacks with 50 initiative and 1000% more damage haha. I’d crit for 300k lol.

The assassination build exists. It’s called signets.

The problem is passive defenses are so overpowered and so abundant, and sPvP stats got nerfed so massively that it doesn’t work anymore.

With really skilled play, it works in WvW.

in Thief

Posted by: Vermil.8172

Vermil.8172

This was a great read.

Now unto the next challenge, you guys must film yourself reading this and try to convince Anet to make those changes without bursting out of laugh.

in Thief

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I think it is because I like to play aggressively and end the fight fast as possible.
In real life, I eat very fast, I talk very fast, I run very fast, and my favorite comicbook superhero is Flash.

I lost it here.

Bad Elementalist

in Thief

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Perhaps there will be a future elite specialization that further rewards a thief’s bursty potential, but not to this extent, lol.

NSPride <3

in Thief

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I can’t stop laughing.

You can condense all this down and just have all our attacks completely ignore armor with armor being 0 in the damage calculation. We’ll auto attack for 80k. Totally balanced super assassin.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

The funny part is that he even spent (likely a lot of) time to write this bullsh€€t.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

But its called a thief, anet is trying to do something different why cant it play more like a ninja then a classic fantasy rogue?

in Thief

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

But its called a thief, anet is trying to do something different why cant it play more like a ninja then a classic fantasy rogue?

Well, the outcome of our duels is mostly dependant on ‘steal’, what more thievery do you want?

in Thief

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

You should try playing blade and soul assassin, I think you would enjoy it in the arena.

in Thief

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I want thief to be a true rogue actually. A jack of all trades with clever tricks and several different ways to apply them. I dislike the play style of " stabby McMurderstabson". Thieves are unable to hide properly actually, for me anyway. I like Robin Hoodesque thieves/rogues with a decent bow (longbow. Robin Hood was a rogue/thief you know).

But I respect OP’s desire too. That was what I thought Anet would bring with new elite system; a chance to play the role/character differently.