IF my guard can do this....

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

perhaps i can simplify it even mroe

my guard video = can do anytime anywhere

his thief video = ******** only if nobody else there and its downscaled and i can corner him******

get it?

in Thief

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Will someone please explain what a bad mouse-clicking guardian killing PvE content has to do with thieves being called OP in PvP/WvW?

lol ur new to forums. im a thief. i have my skills hotkeyed to my thief. i dont play guardian. thats half the point.

I play multiple classes and don’t mouseclick on any of them. You are nothing but excuses.

Answer the question. What does a clip of a mouseclicking guardian killing PvE content have to do with thieves being called OP in PvP or WvW?

well i dont play guardian. like less than .1 % of my time. i have no muscle memory for my THIEF’s hotkeys to be transfered over to guard. its like me adding a new class to game and new skills for it and making u hop on and use hotkeys without changing anythign. are you simple? lol

I played a game weekend before last that I had never played before. I did not mouseclick at any time. It took me less than an hour to build the basic muscle memory for the character.

Maybe you are just bad.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Thief

Oozo.7856

Travlane you’re not a thief, or a guardian, you’re barely a player. You’ve made an absolute fool of yourself here, and I sincerely advise you either work to improve, go find another (easier) game to play, and/or just stop posting on here where so many people have to cringe at your lack of basic common sense.

if u attack somebody rather than their comments….. ad hominem.

cmon grow up seriously. i wont even report what you are saying. but u can challenge me infact ill msg u in game now.

my point was made. most people agree. a video was made to prove it wrong…. it had 1 of the same enemies but was vastly set up different so … fail!

ever finish HS? did u go to college? i have. know anything experiments? controls? variables? go finish and you will understand why these 2 videos are VASTLY different and so is the difficulty.

LOL. You are lecturing people on the principles of the scientific method but on the other hand in order to try to prove that thieves are not OP in PvP you post PVE content on your guardian.

You are ridiculous.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Will someone please explain what a bad mouse-clicking guardian killing PvE content has to do with thieves being called OP in PvP/WvW?

lol ur new to forums. im a thief. i have my skills hotkeyed to my thief. i dont play guardian. thats half the point.

I play multiple classes and don’t mouseclick on any of them. You are nothing but excuses.

Answer the question. What does a clip of a mouseclicking guardian killing PvE content have to do with thieves being called OP in PvP or WvW?

well i dont play guardian. like less than .1 % of my time. i have no muscle memory for my THIEF’s hotkeys to be transfered over to guard. its like me adding a new class to game and new skills for it and making u hop on and use hotkeys without changing anythign. are you simple? lol

I played a game weekend before last that I had never played before. I did not mouseclick at any time. It took me less than an hour to build the basic muscle memory for the character.

Maybe you are just bad.

maybe ur just a hero. sorry i cant claim to be good on guard when i dont play one. maybe u can. good for u. im great on thief only. rest i kindly just dily daly on. btw half the skills were mouseclicked…not that that is much better but w.e.

point is when 20-100 people come guardian can stay alive WHILE FIGHTING for 6.5 mins. when 20-100 people come thief cant fight without resetting and running away bc they cant afford even 1 mistake…or if they can its only 1.

his video needs to be perfect conditions. guardian video = any conditions.

in Thief

Oozo.7856

Maybe you are just bad.

maybe ur just a hero. sorry i cant claim to be good on guard when i dont play one. maybe u can. good for u. im great on thief only. rest i kindly just dily daly on. btw half the skills were mouseclicked…not that that is much better but w.e.

point is when 20-100 people come guardian can stay alive WHILE FIGHTING for 6.5 mins. when 20-100 people come thief cant fight without resetting and running away bc they cant afford even 1 mistake…or if they can its only 1.

his video needs to be perfect conditions. guardian video = any conditions.

It doesn’t matter whether you are good or bad on your guardian. PvE content on a guardian has zero relevance to thief balance in PvP.

A guardian can’t live for 7 minutes with 20-100 people on him. He will die and he will die quickly. The thief can avoid that situation completely.

You are ridiculous.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Travlane you’re not a thief, or a guardian, you’re barely a player. You’ve made an absolute fool of yourself here, and I sincerely advise you either work to improve, go find another (easier) game to play, and/or just stop posting on here where so many people have to cringe at your lack of basic common sense.

cmon grow up seriously. i wont even report what you are saying. but u can challenge me infact ill msg u in game now.

my point was made. most people agree. a video was made to prove it wrong…. it had 1 of the same enemies but was vastly set up different so … fail!

ever finish HS? did u go to college? i have. know anything experiments? controls? variables? go finish and you will understand why these 2 videos are VASTLY different and so is the difficulty.

LOL. You are lecturing people on the principles of the scientific method but on the other hand in order to try to prove that thieves are not OP in PvP you post PVE content on your guardian.

You are ridiculous.

no sir. u are. im not talking about pvp LOL! you fail! its about the 10% overall dmg nerf coming in. perhaps read more thoroughly ? LAWL i said why should we thieves get the nerf when guardians can do this?

in Thief

Oozo.7856

You are ridiculous.

no sir. u are. im not talking about pvp LOL! you fail! its about the 10% overall dmg nerf coming in. perhaps read more thoroughly ? LAWL i said why should we thieves get the nerf when guardians can do this?

You aren’t talking about PvP? Then why did you say this?

point is this is OP. not thief.

Are there a bunch of posts complaining that thief is OP in PvE that I’m not aware of?
Also, people don’t call thieves OP in PvP because of their damage.

You are ridiculous.

in Thief

Posted by: Nofx.2034

Nofx.2034

You forgot to mention “my guard video = can do anytime anywhere but not anyone” since you did die there buddy.
Also you’re just digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself, anyone who plays the game can see from those two videos who the better player is. There’s no shame in that, I’ve played with Auesis plenty, and he is simply a very good player.
I have actually done Grenth with him and like two other people there or something, him on his Thief, me on my Guard (and not in Cleric’s gear, but that’s another debate), no-one died, and it sure as hell didn’t take us 7minutes to (not) take him down.
You really need to just accept you’re wrong on this issue, and move on.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

You are ridiculous.

You aren’t talking about PvP? Then why did you say this?

point is this is OP. not thief.

Are there a bunch of posts complaining that thief is OP in PvE that I’m not aware of?
Also, people don’t call thieves OP in PvP because of their damage.

You are ridiculous.

OP does not = PVP. OP = OVERPOWERED

what are you talking about? this whole post is about the upcoming -10% dmg nerf coming in march. get with the program. warrior/guard is so OP in pve. and yes this dmg nerf affects wvw too where most thieves roam with power/crit dmg builds.

in Thief

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

There, even used Zerk + Scholar just for you.

I noticed that your thief seems to be more mobile than my little guy during or immediately around a pistol whip. Is that just my imagination, or are Asura pistol whip animations kittened?

(edited by bwillb.2165)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

friend of mine. hes a goodthief. aikijinx was with me doing a small round of grenth,. i was on guard. i suck at guard so dont have to remind me… i play thief. anyway i said do lots of dmg….use the SOM build and just stay alive. well lets look at what happened.

ill invite auesis or anyone who wants to come try. be interesting to see how they do

in Thief

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Curious though, what is so special with (Risen Priest of) Grenth? Simple pattern/mechanics, and without many players around him he seems to be lot weaker than other bosses.

Oh and the statement below has signature quality.

THIEF IN FULL ZERK = LESS DMG THAN GUARD IN FULL CLERICS

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in Thief

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9Ve3A_i7k

friend of mine. hes a goodthief. aikijinx was with me doing a small round of grenth,. i was on guard. i suck at guard so dont have to remind me... i play thief. anyway i said do lots of dmg....use the SOM build and just stay alive. well lets look at what happened.

ill invite auesis or anyone who wants to come try. be interesting to see how they do

I still don’t understand what you’re trying to prove. Other than that you failed again... You can stop trying because it has been proven that the thief can do what you’re trying to do and he does it faster without help.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Curious though, what is so special with (Risen Priest of) Grenth? Simple pattern/mechanics, and without many players around him he seems to be lot weaker than other bosses.

Oh and the statement below has signature quality.

THIEF IN FULL ZERK = LESS DMG THAN GUARD IN FULL CLERICS

i could go to fractals. or another high lvl dungeon. its just an easy area with all kinds of effects.

direct dmg
lots of aoe
multiple mobs
1 boss
Conditions galore

but its also easy access and somethign that everyone knows. i could show fractals but it is lvl dependent on difficulty etc. if i show me at lvl 50 it wont translate to somebody who is lvl 1 saying “well wow he is having more trouble andkilling slower than me” but in reality its bc his is introductory lvl fractals.

i could pick another place ….. but it owuldnt matter. dont focus on the place as much.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

If you wanted a video without stacking/LoS and with a rather chaotic scene of mobs and Shades, then I just did it first try – killed the mobs in front of Jonez, then ran all the way up to the Priest without stopping and fought everything face to face. I got downed once from Corruption (not even a HP/Armor danger and could happen to a Guardian so your whining about Guardians is moot there) but it’s easy to res yourself with Ice Elementals that you just end up accidentally tagging half the time, or just takes a nanosecond to bring yourself up when you one-shot any of them with full Berserker. That video will also be uploaded tonight. When it’s up, take ONE look at the army that is following me near the Priest’s death and I dare you to argue against it.

Seriously, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say anymore. The 10% nerf affects everyone. You are 10% worse, but so is absolutely everybody else. You are still the same relative to them.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

friend of mine. hes a goodthief. aikijinx was with me doing a small round of grenth,. i was on guard. i suck at guard so dont have to remind me… i play thief. anyway i said do lots of dmg….use the SOM build and just stay alive. well lets look at what happened.

I still don’t understand what you’re trying to prove.

we have a 10% dmg nerf overall coming. it hurts thieves obvioulsy more than other classes bc we are dependent on dmg. anyway point is… i dont even play guard. even i can do an easy job at survival/dmg in a frantic situation like grenth. an 8 year old can do that really on guard/warrior and ele etc. point is with thief taking the big hit onthis upcoming nerf….. i ask WHY!? why when guards and other classes can do that which such ease. anet thinks direct dmg is a lil over the top and trying to shave a lil. whats really over the top is other classes which have their survivability handed to them by “no skill ability” as anet calls it. some is passive…if notmost…but some is also witless required skill to achieve such adept power/survivability/sustainability etc. other classes are clearly more OP in wvw/pve yet dmg is taking the nerf which affects thief most.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

If you wanted a video without stacking/LoS and with a rather chaotic scene of mobs and Shades, then I just did it first try – killed the mobs in front of Jonez, then ran all the way up to the Priest without stopping and fought everything face to face. I got downed once from Corruption (not even a HP/Armor danger and could happen to a Guardian so your whining about Guardians is moot there) but it’s easy to res yourself with Ice Elementals that you just end up accidentally tagging half the time, or just takes a nanosecond to bring yourself up when you one-shot any of them with full Berserker. That video will also be uploaded tonight. When it’s up, take ONE look at the army that is following me near the Priest’s death and I dare you to argue against it.

Seriously, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say anymore.

when ur not actually alone…have NO idea how u actually got alone…. but they keep spawning and coming for u.

point wasnt to trick the game and pull him solo. it was to try survive in a hectic environment. as you see the thief in my party couldnt do it. not even close. was too busy dying/dodging/healing and coudlnt even do much dmg.

ill invite you and u can try…. but you wont bc we both know….

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

we have a 10% dmg nerf overall coming. it hurts thieves obvioulsy more than other classes bc we are dependent on dmg. anyway point is… i dont even play guard. even i can do an easy job at survival/dmg in a frantic situation like grenth. an 8 year old can do that really on guard/warrior and ele etc. point is with thief taking the big hit onthis upcoming nerf….. i ask WHY!? why when guards and other classes can do that which such ease. anet thinks direct dmg is a lil over the top and trying to shave a lil. whats really over the top is other classes which have their survivability handed to them by “no skill ability” as anet calls it. some is passive…if notmost…but some is also witless required skill to achieve such adept power/survivability/sustainability etc. other classes are clearly more OP in wvw/pve yet dmg is taking the nerf which affects thief most.

This nerf is going to affect all classes that wish to roll heavily on berserker stats. It’s not targeted at thieves in general but the berserker community and in their live stream, they even clearly said that berserkers will still be dominant when it comes to a DPS race.

What you showed us is that the guardian doesn’t die quickly and you think that sustain = more damage than thieves. Sometimes having more upfront damage makes the difference in PvE due to less time the boss is hitting you. Which is why most PvE players want you to get comfortable with berserker gear.

Thieves will be fine with this change to crit damage. Berserkers will be fine with this change. Thieves will adjust and adapt to the change like every other class. We will just see less boom. I personally hate PvE as I think it’s the most boring aspect of the game and is predictable and scripted. There is nothing dynamic to PvE.

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

If you wanted a video without stacking/LoS and with a rather chaotic scene of mobs and Shades, then I just did it first try - killed the mobs in front of Jonez, then ran all the way up to the Priest without stopping and fought everything face to face. I got downed once from Corruption (not even a HP/Armor danger and could happen to a Guardian so your whining about Guardians is moot there) but it’s easy to res yourself with Ice Elementals that you just end up accidentally tagging half the time, or just takes a nanosecond to bring yourself up when you one-shot any of them with full Berserker. That video will also be uploaded tonight. When it’s up, take ONE look at the army that is following me near the Priest’s death and I _dare_ you to argue against it.

Seriously, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say anymore.

when ur not actually alone...have NO idea how u actually got alone.... but they keep spawning and coming for u.

point wasnt to trick the game and pull him solo. it was to try survive in a hectic environment. as you see the thief in my party couldnt do it. not even close. was too busy dying/dodging/healing and coudlnt even do much dmg.

ill invite you and u can try.... but you wont bc we both know....

This is the part I don’t understand. If you’re trying to be smart and explain that a cleric guardian can take more hits and keep going, even though you failed to drop Grenth, then you succeeded. A guardian can take more hits and continue to go but their DPS output is horrible. But a skilled berserker thief, the opposite spectrum of a cleric guardian, came in and dominated Grenth, by using simple positioning and game mechanics.

What exactly are you trying to prove again?

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Ending up having to kite an army of Shades is totally tricking the game, guys

Too busy dodging/healing to do damage? Pistol Whip dodges, heals AND does damage. Point = moot.

I eagerly await to hear what’s wrong with this one. And, if you didn’t pay attention the first time around, I won’t join you because you are NA, unless you are willing to pay $60 and grind a new character for me. Then, I’d be happy to squash your “challenges” in person.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Travlane.5948

This nerf is going to affect all classes that wish to roll heavily on berserker stats. It’s not targeted at thieves in general but the berserker community and in their live stream, they even clearly said that berserkers will still be dominant when it comes to a DPS race.

What you showed us is that the guardian doesn’t die quickly and you think that sustain = more damage than thieves. Sometimes having more upfront damage makes the difference in PvE due to less time the boss is hitting you. Which is why most PvE players want you to get comfortable with berserker gear.

Thieves will be fine with this change to crit damage. Berserkers will be fine with this change. Thieves will adjust and adapt to the change like every other class. We will just see less boom. I personally hate PvE as I think it’s the most boring aspect of the game and is predictable and scripted. There is nothing dynamic to PvE.

the only class that goes full zerk 90% of the time…or close to it…is thief. our dmg is our survivability. thief gets hit the hardest….not just the thief….but they do get hit harder bc its their specialty. if u hit defense -10%…guardians would be mad bc thieves are killing them much faster. u know? it affects each class differently.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Ending up having to kite an army of Shades is totally tricking the game, guys

Too busy dodging/healing to do damage? Pistol Whip dodges, heals AND does damage. Point = moot.

I eagerly await to hear what’s wrong with this one. And, if you didn’t pay attention the first time around, I won’t join you because you are NA, unless you are willing to pay $60 and grind a new character for me. Then, I’d be happy to squash your “challenges” in person.

u didnt fight int he corner. thats much better. so 1/3 problems i pointed out u fixed. why do u go out of your way to join a dead server to find a way to solo it. its still downscaled. its STILL no shades…and only 1-2 risen. all you ahve to do to beat him like that is dodge aoe. its cupcake work. ill pm u in game now. ima invite u for grenth. we can do it together.. ill tape it. or do you prefer to keep it solo and downscale it so theres no shades etc and no risen and MUCH lower HP on everything?

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Still no Shades. What? Did you watch it for like 10 seconds?

I don’t know how many times I have to say I’m EU and you are NA before you understand it cannot be done.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Travlane.5948

you did a good job. but it wasnt the challenge. ive NEVER seen grenth with only 1 person. or even 2. what server is that on out of curiosity? thats amazing you found one that dead. either way why did you transfer to a low pop server to do this? the point was to have a fray to deal with. there is no fray of battle there.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

everytime there is a challenge. i hear “im EU and ur NA” well guess what im EU too. lets join up and do it. right now. oh …wait. i say 1 sentance to you in game and welcome to ignore. keep going solo and you’ll never prove your point.

seriously. look at your 2 vids. then mine. why does mine have like 20x more shades and risen? mm? ill listen to your explanation although u will ignore it like u always do.

fail. lawl;.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

edit**** yes we did see the shades at the last lil % of hp. they didnt attack you until under 10%. 1 followed you for a sec then went back to NPCs. either way whenu do that on a full scale attack ill shut up and bow down and say it can be down….. scaled down to solo is not even close to my point.

in Thief

Auesis.7301

1) No, you are not. Dragonbrand is an NA server. There is absolutely no connectivity between the 2 datacentres. Do you even play this game?

2) The difference in mob count is negligible at best. I’m watching it right now. You were under barely any more threat than I was, you just allowed yourself to get nailed by everything because you’re a terrible Guardian (which you admit to) and then your pitiful DPS gave the illusion that they had multitudes more health than they actually have. The only noticeable shift is that you had a couple of Shades on you to begin with because some players pulled them. In my scenario, the NPCs pulled them a little later instead. You can blame that Ranger/Thief (the one with an Ascended bow and crafted exotics) for pulling every single one directly on top of you. The numbers are not stretched – they just concentrate, which is what begins to happen at the end of my clip. You need to remember that the event is immediately scaled for a group. It does not cater to a solo player, hence “Group Event”. It begins to properly scale after around 4-5 people. You want evidence of that? Solo the Priest (if you can) and then do the final defense event. Armies descend upon you even if you are alone. There is no such thing as a solo group event scale.

3) If you really care about the background circumstance for the server (which doesn’t even matter), this isn’t even guesting. This is Gandara (my home server, Very High population) at midnight.

4) You had to deal with 2, sometimes 3 Shades until the Medium player pulled everything else on to you at the end. A headless chicken can do that.

In summary, the difference is minute and you’re making up excuses at this point. Any criteria to be met has been destroyed and buried. My only contribution after this will be to link the Ashford champs for Excal.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Thief

Travlane.5948

waiting for upscaled video with many people. u did 90% of the dmg to priest without being hit once or even attacked by shades. its easy solo. ill wait. if not its cool.

just for giggles….even if u could do it with lots of people there…which u cant…. i believe anyway….. because its chaotic and lots of enemies/dmg not just 1 enemy to worry about. you cant afford any mistakes. you will die if u even mess up. guardian ? nope. plenty of 2nd…3rd…4th…5th chances. Point is thief isnt OP. other classes are. and i doubt ull say its coincedence that you chose to find an empty server 2x with nobody there. went out of your way for that. i wonder….why…that…could…be….. hrmmmm. both vids….hrm… why couldnt the thief aikijinx in my video survive? what could the difference be? hrm….. well the only difference int he videos were mine was upscaled alot and more enemies….and more hp on priest. plus more dmg.

remember back to college chem bio or even hs bio class where you did experiments and had to compare results. i bet u used the same settings …same variables…same solutions and sulubles in each so the results would be comparably valid. buuuuut not here. :P hence u cant compare. its night and day.

would u call aikijinx a nub? duel him hes really good. how come he didnt have a snowballs chance in &#@! but you were doing amazing. hes been on thief since day 1 and only plays thief. are you just 100x better than him?

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

TBPH, I don’t see why we consider pve an acceptable measure of balance. All the events and dungeons are just dps focused atm. Granted thief has more to worry about IF they get hit in say fotm 40+ but its shown that they can solo things. It’s also shown ranger can solo bosses like mai trin, it doesn’t mean ranger is op, it just means the player knows the boss mechanics and easily avoids them. Also warrior clearly dominates the pve realm, it’s an easy mode class in an easy mode environment what more could you ask for?

Balance should be focused on wvw and pvp, that’s where profession balance should come from. Failure to make content in pve that requires things other than strict dps isn’t to blame on the profession it’s to blame on the event. Thief can BS for 17k+, doesn’t mean you nerf them it means you make stages or penalties to dealing damage at certain times. Guardian tanking grenth or even champion karka in southsun, or thief tanking legendary risen priest in arah, doesn’t matter. Pve is just a giant scale where things 1 shot you at a certain point, nothing inventive let alone balance worthy.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

waiting for upscaled video with many people. u did 90% of the dmg to priest without being hit once or even attacked by shades. its easy solo. ill wait. if not its cool.

just for giggles….even if u could do it with lots of people there…which u cant…. i believe anyway….. because its chaotic and lots of enemies/dmg not just 1 enemy to worry about. you cant afford any mistakes. you will die if u even mess up. guardian ? nope. plenty of 2nd…3rd…4th…5th chances. Point is thief isnt OP. other classes are. and i doubt ull say its coincedence that you chose to find an empty server 2x with nobody there. went out of your way for that. i wonder….why…that…could…be….. hrmmmm. both vids….hrm… why couldnt the thief aikijinx in my video survive? what could the difference be? hrm….. well the only difference int he videos were mine was upscaled alot and more enemies….and more hp on priest. plus more dmg.

remember back to college chem bio or even hs bio class where you did experiments and had to compare results. i bet u used the same settings …same variables…same solutions and sulubles in each so the results would be comparably valid. buuuuut not here. :P hence u cant compare. its night and day.

would u call aikijinx a nub? duel him hes really good. how come he didnt have a snowballs chance in &#@! but you were doing amazing. hes been on thief since day 1 and only plays thief. are you just 100x better than him?

just wondering about both videos,

it is true that aijkinx is a veteran player, but judging his choice of utilities is far from what auesis used in the battle,

aikijinx did not use SoM, and clearly he invested on shadow arts tree,

and for auesis build its different,

therefore, if aikijinx will use the same setup that auesis used, he will gain the same outcome.

in Thief

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Auesis, In my view you deff completed the challenge, good job there.

in Thief

Auesis.7301

For Excalibur, everyone else can ignore if they want to.

And finally, I know I said I wasn’t going to contribute to this circular discussion any longer, but I’d like to just point out that Aijkinx wasn’t even using Signet of Malice. It was not on his status bar.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Auesis, don’t bother. You already proved what was to be proved. The fact this topic continues is just pathetic. Even if you gathered full, hard capped, map and asked everyone to wait near npc and then soloed priest nakes with 1 dagger in hands, he still would have some “problems”.

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

i wonder....why...that...could...be..... hrmmmm. both vids....hrm... why couldnt the thief aikijinx in my video survive? what could the difference be?

Well, clearly, he’s not as good as you say he is compared to Auesis.

This is clearly a pointless conversation and you can’t use the scientific method in this type of experiment because there are too many variables and not enough constants. You were given multiple other players in your first video which were doing dmg, probably moreso than you, to Grenth and in your second video, due to your sheer lack of DPS, you made the event go on longer which resulted in more shades spawning.
------------------------------------------------
Event scaling
Events scale both up and down according to the number of players who are currently participating. Events can scale in a number of ways:

Enemy stats can be increased
Enemies can gain new abilities
New enemy types may appear, including veterans or even champion versions
Enemy count can be increased
Objective requirements may increase
Most events scale for up to 10 players. Group events and and large scale events such as the finale for meta events will scale much higher. For example, The Shatterer scales up to 100 players. Events can detect that players have not performed any actions relating to the event within a period of time and will scale down the event accordingly.
-----------------------------------------------
Just give it up. A thief did it. Auesis has proven TWICE it’s doable and your example to prove guardians are OP and thieves aren’t is pointless because it’s not the class making the player but the player making the class. I would be willing to guess any player could solo Grenth with proper defense utilities. I’m sure this is a walk in the park for a mesmer maintaining his clones and just auto attacking with greatsword.