Interrupting a Thief

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Q:

Quick question. If you interrupt a thief skill, such as Heartseeker, does it still go on a five second cooldown?

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

A:

Interrupting only takes the initiative cost of the skill, no 5sec cooldown.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Thieves dont have cooldowns on weapon skills. But if you interrupt something like a heal or shadow refuge then yes

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If steal fails then it tends to go on a full cooldown. Most thief weapon skills are instant, which isn’t surprising for a nimble melee class, so interrupts are really on utilities.

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

yep, interrupt that hs through BP and you cost the thief 9 initiative… no cooldown though.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ty guys!

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

yep, interrupt that hs through BP and you cost the thief 9 initiative… no cooldown though.

You cost him 3 initiative. He will just use hs again while the BP is still active.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

This is false, the 9 seconds of initiative lost is a cooldown! That 9 initiative takes 9 seconds to regenerate passively, making it a 9 second cooldown.

This really isn’t hard to understand people.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Hype.8032

This is false, the 9 seconds of initiative lost is a cooldown! That 9 initiative takes 9 seconds to regenerate passively, making it a 9 second cooldown.

You’re wrong it is not a cooldown. Look up the definition of a cooldown. What I said is accurate.

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Hype.8032

You cost him 3 initiative. He will just use hs again while the BP is still active.

99% of the time that won’t happen because the interrupted HS will carry the thief pretty far from the BP before it is interrupted. Interrupting the HS just before it finishes stops the stealth and costs 9 init… like I already said.

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

99% of the time that won’t happen because the interrupted HS will carry the thief pretty far from the BP before it is interrupted. Interrupting the HS just before it finishes stops the stealth and costs 9 init… like I already said.

Lol. So turn 180 and leap over the black powder? It takes 4 seconds for it to disappear, and as long as your hs touches the combo field, you will gain stealth. It doesn’t matter if the black powder disappears before your hs actually finishes, not as long as it touched the field.
Before the change to the initiative system, everyone in WvW leaped 4 times over a single black powder, as you can remember.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

Interrupting a Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Cooldown =/= resource