Invisibility problem

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: this is my pin.4502

this is my pin.4502

You know that situation. When someone like Ranger use Rapid Fire and you go to invis.
You are invis and ranger still shooting arrows on you until skill end.

There is no logic, how he can continue attacking with target skill, if he cant see you anymore?

I hope they change it and then when someone will be in invis, that skill will be canceled in that time.
What do you think?

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

That shouldn’t happen anymore. They removed tracking from channeled skills, when you stealth, a while back.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

No they didn’t thy only removed from Rev

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

^ this. If a ranger presses the rapid fire button a split second before you stealth, he’s still gonna cast the whole thing on you.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

You know that situation. When someone like Ranger use Rapid Fire and you go to invis.
You are invis and ranger still shooting arrows on you until skill end.

There is no logic,

snip

Logic like going invisible as if by magic, or summoning lightning or illusory clones or magical spirit weapons from nowhere? In video games, logic does not apply.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

The skill is working as intended and it should stay that way! If the ranger used skill #2 on longbow while you were visible then you get hit by it. Do you want to know how to avoid it? Simple, just stealth before ranger uses it, that way you will not get hit by it.

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Sly.9518

The skill is working as intended and it should stay that way! If the ranger used skill #2 on longbow while you were visible then you get hit by it. Do you want to know how to avoid it? Simple, just stealth before ranger uses it, that way you will not get hit by it.

Not really they now have no consistency between similar channeled abilities, Take Rapid Fire it channels and tracks through stealth, now look at Unrelenting Assault it used to channel and track through stealth, Anet removed that same with Precision Strike.

Anet needs to keep consistency so if One hammered skill gets cancelled when the target stealths then all should since it is the exact same mechanic a Channeled damaging skill. And since they removed it from UA because it was unfair then they should do that to all other channeled abilities

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Ele air elemental channeled ability follows you still in stealth as well. very useful on my ele when I am fighting thieves.

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

DH’s Spear of Justice apparently still tracks as well

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Because it is channeled spell. I doubt they will change it. The only thing Anet was ever interested is nerfing thieves.

What actually bothers me more is not even channeled spells but queued spells. Like say someone uses a spell while you stealthed -> they shouldn’t be able to target you for next spell but since it was queued it will track you anyway. I would claim it is a bug (and no, i am not lagging, i have 20-40 ms on average). Like i am sitting in stealth for few seconds and still eating DH AAs because he spams them.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Oh, oh, oh NOOOOOOOOO! How!? How did thieves deal with this for the past YEARS!? They didn’t even have a block before HoT, so HOOOOOOOOOW!!??

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Sly.9518

Oh, oh, oh NOOOOOOOOO! How!? How did thieves deal with this for the past YEARS!? They didn’t even have a block before HoT, so HOOOOOOOOOW!!??

Again it’s a consistency issue, they stated that they didn’t want channeled skills on Rev to track in stealth so why should all the others?

Say it with me consistency

Edited changed Tev to Rev

(edited by Sly.9518)

Invisibility problem

in Thief

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Again it’s a consistency issue, they stated that they didn’t want channeled skills on Tev to track in stealth so why should all the others?

Say it with me consistency

You expect consistency. I see… To each his own.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer