Love sword dagger

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

I absolutely love sword dagger now… I tested it in hotjoin and it’s quite reliable now! It was also nice to swipe the swiftness and regen of a Ranger that was kiting me. He died… may he rest in piece. :p

I’m sure we will see a lot more s/d now. Good to feel like we will have some real diversity. Next up, pistols?

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Kajiri.8215

Kajiri.8215

I just stole regeneration and vigor from a ranger

I’ve been trying S/D recently after seeing it used with 0/30/30/10/0, with a lot of success. It rewards creative play but isn’t too bursty. I’d go with d/p or d/d on the offset.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

Yea, I know for WvW roaming, I will have the S/D and D/P on my bar, and my SB for zerging… I think S/D is fine without a burst, as it is nice sustained damage, and offers mobility and boons! xD

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

indeed i stole aegis and prot on a guardian, so love it, and it hits reliably now

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: twoscoops.6913

twoscoops.6913

Big bad boonhate warrior gonna getcha!

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: bPrepared.8104

bPrepared.8104

Could anyone provide a basic build I could look at? I never spent much time s/d, so I’m curious on what traits would work good.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It’s pretty sweet that S/D got a buff, I just wish that P/P and P/D would have gotten some love.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

indeed i stole aegis and prot on a guardian, so love it, and it hits reliably now

hum?! is it unblockable? cuz if not the Aegis should block the Larcenous hit thus preventing the boon theft.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

My thief is PvE-only and I played S/D until the nerf when I shelved my thief. The reverting of Reveal and the improved pathing/reliability of FS mean I will be playing my thief again. Very happy with these changes. Thanks Anet!

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Volrath.1473

aw and btw it is NOT that good. at least in competitive play, in hotjoins even using a dagger and no offhand works…

why is it not that good? because it has no spike dmg (not even with haste + auto attack) and with reveled at 4sec it is a too vulnerable to dmg.

Bring back the 3sec reveled to pvp and it should be allot better, not just this spec but all that depend on stealth to be effective.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Could anyone provide a basic build I could look at? I never spent much time s/d, so I’m curious on what traits would work good.

My current build in terms of traits is:

30 (VI,X,XI)
25 (V,VI)
15 (II)

This is a general PvE build that I currently run with.

Though not specific to S/D there’s a good guide that will help you think about the builds possible with S/D at:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64903-thief-a-basic-guide/

(edited by Raine.1394)

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

Nice to see Sword/Dagger getting back some love from the player base. If they keep this up with dual pistols and sword/pistol, we’ll be set.

Especially dual pistols, a LOT of people want to make that work for them.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: rarebo.1073

rarebo.1073

finally i can get my own back on bunkers!

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

hum?! is it unblockable? cuz if not the Aegis should block the Larcenous hit thus preventing the boon theft.

It’s unblockable.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Volrath.1473

^ it doesn’t say anything about it being unblockable in the skill description…

ahahah its all flowers and rainbows today!

we’ll see in a week time

everyone will be back to D/P

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

And here I finally just fine tuned a sweet d/p build that worked well for me. My old flame s/d caught me cheating and pulled me back in.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: LovefulfillsAll.4870

LovefulfillsAll.4870

Somebody please explain to me, how you deal and decent amount of pressure in a S/D Build.

Like at all.
I can get over burst being gone, but seriously. You just flank spam and auto attack to death?

Removing boon is an awesome utility but, that also does not win the game anymore than running all.

Really though, somebody explain to me how you deal damage in sPvP.

I run knight amulet btw, because I do not like dieing in 2 hits. (although it still happens)

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

we’ll see in a week time

The first strike can be blocked but the second cannot iirc.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Auesis.7301

we’ll see in a week time

Yes, it does.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Volrath.1473

aye i dont know how i missed that -_-’

anyways loving S/D thieves! the pvp is flooded with them and are SO EASY to kill xD
shame it isn’t gonna last long… many will go back to they’re viable builds…

going back to the slawter, see you tomorrow!!

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

we’ll see in a week time

Yes, it does.

The first strike suppose to be the unblockable and boon stripper.

Does LS triggers if FS is blocked?

Edit:

Now toggles for 5 seconds to a second skill, Larcenous Strike, if the attack hits an enemy.

Yeah screwed.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Auesis.7301

That is wrong. You can hit absolutely nothing and LS still triggers. Try it.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

That is wrong. You can hit absolutely nothing and LS still triggers. Try it.

I’m only basing it on the patch note…I presume you’ve tested it?

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Volrath.1473

yes, it is a bug or a mistake on the patch notes, it it was a mistake, well fine i guess it its a bug, you know what’s coming xD

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Auesis.7301

Tested it multiple times. Half the time I just prep FS from a distance, hit IS and then land LS on the immobilised target.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Tested it multiple times. Half the time I just prep FS from a distance, hit IS and then land LS on the immobilised target.

Oh dear. I guess, they’ll be fixing that bug.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

LOVE IT! So awesome! Fell in love with the S/D set before but now im making babies with it.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Hopefully it’s mistyped notes.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Hopefully it’s mistyped notes.

I doubt it, prepping FS from a distance so that you hit with LS first is an evidence of a bad design. They should have made LS to hit first at the cost of 3 init. That’s how the original FS was, the first strike was unblockable and strips boon. No prepping necessary.

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Somebody please explain to me, how you deal and decent amount of pressure in a S/D Build.

Like at all.
I can get over burst being gone, but seriously. You just flank spam and auto attack to death?

Removing boon is an awesome utility but, that also does not win the game anymore than running all.

I run knight amulet btw, because I do not like dieing in 2 hits. (although it still happens)

The damage from this set comes from the sword aotu attack and occasionally use of flanking strike. It’s all about keeping a high pressure on the enemy and avoid being attacked using shadowsteps, immobilizes and cripples to keep control of the fight. You can also deal decent amount of damage from CnD and do a quick daze on the target for more control. I would put in some critical damage and keep the critical chance to about 50% and have some toughness and vitality.

Melder – Thief

Love sword dagger

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Like at all.

The damage from this set comes from the sword aotu attack and occasionally use of flanking strike. It’s all about keeping a high pressure on the enemy and avoid being attacked using shadowsteps, immobilizes and cripples to keep control of the fight. You can also deal decent amount of damage from CnD and do a quick daze on the target for more control. I would put in some critical damage and keep the critical chance to about 50% and have some toughness and vitality.

Yup auto-attack and CnD and stacking vulnerability is where the pressure coming from, plus the boon steal from FS/LS.