Lower Dagger Storm cooldown

in Thief

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Simply because the counter argument for rapid fire is that it is countered by reflect or dodge. If that is the argument then the times should be the same.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It should have been a trick just like Withdraw and HiS a deception.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Daggerstorm on a 8 sec cooldown? For some reasons I feel like it’s a bit too much.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

I’m with sagat that it should be considered a trick so that the lower trick cool down trait could be used. The same way Rangers elite root is a survival skill. I’d personally reduce damage from this elite and lower the cool down anyway cuz it’s mainly used for reflects a apposed to damaging. It’s more like one of thief’s gtfo of here buttons.

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Personally, I mostly use DS in WvW, like this:
1) Shadowstep into enemy zerg
2) Dagger Storm + Signet of Malice = healing + reflects = tagged everybody and I’m not dead!
3) Shadow Return, my zerg rolls over them.
4) PROFIT

So really for me it’s a gtf IN there button.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Thief

Posted by: nickxnickx.5401

nickxnickx.5401

2) Dagger Storm + Signet of Malice = healing + reflects = tagged everybody and I’m not dead!
4) PROFIT

This and spam poison are like the only thing thieves are good for in WvW zerging.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

4) PROFIT

You missed a step somewhere between 1-3 where you get butchered by various AoEs.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Although I disagree with the reasoning, lowering the dagger storm cooldown to say 75s wouldn’t really hurt would it?

And DS is pretty boss these days due to the large amounts of projectiles you reflect back into zergs, lol.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Thief

Posted by: LouDrew.1340

LouDrew.1340

Make duration last 5 seconds, lower cooldown to 40 seconds. Oh look. It’s now a very good skill and the only proper elite skill thieves have access too.

in Thief

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

You missed a step somewhere between 1-3 where you get butchered by various AoEs.

Honestly, most zergs just aren’t that smart or quick on the uptake. Most of them try to shoot everything with ranged, which doesn’t work when you’re reflecting, so it’s ONLY the melees and AoEs hitting you, which tends to be like 1 poison field and 1 Necro well and maybe a Lava Font. The healing from SoM is more than enough to sustain through those, and then the moment DS ends you Shadow Return to safety before anybody manages to hurt you much.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

^ most people spam AOEs in zergs and Dagger Storm doesn’t really do much against that…
Though, your method works because I’ve tried it firsthand. Not sure why, though, but I managed to stay alive on full zerk thief(lol)
But besides that, my thief is for roaming mostly.. If I want to contribute to a massive fight, I do it with my Guardian. I hope you won’t argue that Guardian is better at zerging than thief is :-)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

4) PROFIT

That’s how I zerg in silver-bronze, totally suicidal in gold but yeah, it’s amusing how much a zerker thief can survive in a zerg.

This guy wrote it best.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/What-is-your-favorite-skill-in-the-game/first#post4356288

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr