Most common hate whispers

in Thief

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

As a thief you are probably particularly familiar with this topic. Dead people can get very chatty.

Are you a heartseeker, death blossom or pistolwhip spamming noob that needs to learn how to play a thief properly, or should you just go back to roaming WvW? Are you playing a broken build, or is the whole profession broken? Stealth is definitely unfair that is for sure. Not to mention using scorpion wire in skyhammer.

Any memorable quotes?

in Thief

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Most kids are just mad (umad bro etc.)

in Thief

Posted by: Nex.2450

Nex.2450

One guy was ranting at me for killing him in WvW, but the most memorable thing he said out of all his messages, was that I was a true thief at heart, and that the way I play in game, by cheating people with stealth and teleports, is how I act in real life.

Honestly, I almost took it as a compliment, he must have put a lot of effort into that one.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma
[SWäG] – Still Winning and Grinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCfDCOPGnc

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

I just find it funny when I get told to hs spam more while I’m playing s/d.

in Thief

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

My best hate whisper so far was in WvW after I melted some poor guy with a P/D condi build. He proceeded to tell me that I was a heartseeker spamming noob, which was of course funny since I didn’t have the ability to use heartseeker with any of the weapon sets I had equipped. To this day I assume that anybody who complains about “heartseeker spamming” thieves must have been dropped on their head as a child.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

godz raiden.2631

I think I remember fighting you a few times months ago when BP somehow managed to be matched against SoS. I definitely remember your guild tag, and I really enjoyed fighting you guys. Btw, a few BP players did complain about you guys “heartseeker spamming.” I had your back though, and taught them a little something about thief weaponsets and how the thief who killed them using s/d could not have possibly spammed heartseeker.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Blind spamming guardian: “plz really keep stealthing it makes you better”
my response: “k”

Charr warrior: “kittening thief” 5 minutes later “wtf cheater”

Phantasm Mesmer: “Arrrggh”
^Ranger on his team: “Its okay its game” Me: ….?

Charr guardian: “Anet needs to stop sucking warriors and thiefs d(i)cks”
^when his interrupt somehow stopped my blind stomp and knocked me below him in Temple “eat me B**ch”
^when my shortbow decided it would finish him off “really?!?!?!?”

Hambow warr:“Lol blind spamming thief no skill class”

Turretmancer on point engi: “Come at me trash”
^when I backed off and finished him when a couple teammates came to capture point: “terribad thief”

medi guard (close fight): “thiefs op”
^me: “Why does everyone forget the other 24 letters of the alphabet?”

when I get outplayed by someone honestly better than me: “what a kitten player go back to pve filthy scrub” <—had that one too

Funny side story, after I defeated an elementalist in WvW he whispered me asking if “thiefs” blink when they enter stealth….
Shows how much the community knows tells me a did a good job of re positioning

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

I think I remember fighting you a few times months ago when BP somehow managed to be matched against SoS. I definitely remember your guild tag, and I really enjoyed fighting you guys. Btw, a few BP players did complain about you guys “heartseeker spamming.” I had your back though, and taught them a little something about thief weaponsets and how the thief who killed them using s/d could not have possibly spammed heartseeker.

Haha it’s not the first time I’ve been told to hs spam more. But anyways, people always say BLNT is a thief only guild yet at that time I think we only had 3 thieves. People even say it now and stuff but we only have 4/30 members that are even thieves. Also to the people who said you “guys” hs spam they must be pretty dumb aha back then we only had s/d thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Haha it’s not the first time I’ve been told to hs spam more. But anyways, people always say BLNT is a thief only guild yet at that time I think we only had 3 thieves. People even say it now and stuff but we only have 4/30 members that are even thieves. Also to the people who said you “guys” hs spam they must be pretty dumb aha back then we only had s/d thieves.

Didn’t you know? The community evolves with the times. When 22222 doesn’t work they’ll say you 333333 and you are SD and it fits so have fun with those whispers

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

godz raiden.2631

Yeah, people on BP kept saying your guild was only thieves, but I’m pretty sure the worst part about running into you guys way back then was having to deal with a particularly effective mesmer who tagged along with you guys. A bunch of s/d thieves and a confusing mesmer turned what looked like an even fight into chaos pretty quickly. Really fun fights with some really good players. Wish every guild was as much of a challenge and learning experience as you guys were.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

Amonatory.2453

Didn’t you know? The community evolves with the times. When 22222 doesn’t work they’ll say you 333333 and you are SD and it fits so have fun with those whispers

Oh I’ve gotten those whispers many times. But I have a counter to it, I simply say watch my video if you think I spam 3 which I don’t in my videos so they can QQ elsewhere aha.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I actually got a couple of compliments if winning and not using my Thief;

“whoa. you’re a very good ranger. what are you running?”
“nice guardian build”

but when I own them on my Thief;

“permastealth is for noobs”
“kittening blind bot”

Oh well, life goes on.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

“nice glitch”

They’re shadowsteps but whatever.

Kole —Thief
youtube

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Haven’t received much hate, but these are some. I’ll use fine words.

- Homosexual – unknown meditation guardian for unknown reasons.
- Blindspammer.
- 2222222 by an engineer while playing D/D in tPvP which I replied swiftnesswiftnesswiftnesswiftnesswiftness to.

- Some general ranting by a thief having a tantrum in EotM saying that he’ll come back to beat me, when as I was just standing looking and letting him get the opening and killed him afterwards, and he called me noob and said that he thought I was afk.

- An engineer calling me noob because he couldn’t kill me and I couldn’t kill him either.
- 3 spammer – map chat, because I was bored and played S/P + P/P in hotjoin.
- One guy claimed he will have sex with my mother after I killed him, and I replied that I will have sex with his father.

Think I covered everything.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

in Thief

Posted by: TomoHawkx.8139

TomoHawkx.8139

Hambow warr:“Lol blind spamming thief no skill class”

that’s pretty rich coming from a hambow warrior lol

[Rain]
Gandara
S/F ele Channel

(edited by TomoHawkx.8139)

in Thief

Posted by: Scribbles.3974

Scribbles.3974

from some decap/condi engie that almost bursted me down with dazes, then i stealthed and let him cap the point and regened.
“anet needs to fix kittening thief”

its not my fault you failed to burst me down in your combo :s

Dark Lotusblossom – 80 Thief
Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Juston.6817

Juston.6817

Some time ago i fought i warrior in spvp. First in a 1v1 he managed to kill me.
Some time later i fought him again he dropped low on health an ran backwards to a point, where other teammates of him stood. It turned form a 1v1 in a 1v3/4, but i downed him and got a successful stomp:

“Hey terribad, 222222222 spamming thief player”
Me: —-———

afterwards he took me to lion´s arch (dunno why i went with him) and showed me a legendary. He told me, that he is a good player and he knows the game – so i am a noob.

No comment

in Thief

Posted by: Syncesta.7592

Syncesta.7592

so i was killing this ele with just BP+HS+Steal and BS
He gets out of the match and tells me:
“I’ll show you how to play a real thief” and he called me a HS spammer.
so he switched to his thief(ofc only targeting me) and i just killed him again
he: “i can sneak and attack too, watch”
he just attacked me and i shadow stepped away and killed him shortly after that
he: only so much your team can do for you
done
he focused only me but wasn’t able to kill me

and the usual: scrub, play a fun class, nub, lol 1shot OP nerf
some PvE hero that stayed in my black powder called me a play bot and i use god hack
gee gee

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

from some decap/condi engie that almost bursted me down with dazes, then i stealthed and let him cap the point and regened.

Maybe he said that because he wanted Anet to raise our default HP so we don’t almost squish so fast. He must of felt bad about capping the point so easily.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I believe players say these kinds of things because the type of attitude has gone vastly unchecked. You should never let this kind of communal toxicity get to the point because all it does is make both sides unhappy.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

playing/winning as d/d in tPvP

“go back to wvw scrub”

in Thief

Posted by: Venomge.7142

Venomge.7142

After numerous backstab takedowns in tPvP “random clown : hahaha pve nub hahaha”

what? why?

PS Llama finisher = best finisher ever <3

Desolation [EU] – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

from my perspective its funniest to laugh at fail HS thieves when they rage after getting killed ^^ ‘whaat 2222 doesnt work?!?’

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

- 2222222 by an engineer while playing D/D in tPvP which I replied swiftnesswiftnesswiftnesswiftnesswiftness to.

Couple of times I got “222222222222” yelling from stan spaming wariors while playing s/d. Didn’t even answer anything.

in Thief

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

When i got that kind of msg. I just simply say.

When u grow up u wont feel a thing if lost someone in video game.
Meanwhile, use keyboard to release some pain.
That all the dead guy can do.

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

This also happens to me from time to time.
I think it just shows how conditioned the ppl are. Loosing to a thief? OC he is a permstealth hs spamming noob. I don’t even need to improve my gameplay.

in Thief

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I got my first “HS spam moar” yesterday… the guy jumped off a cliff to get away from me, lost about 75% of his health, so I ran down and HS’d once to catch him before downing him.

I was just thinking, can I seriously not even use it to catch somebody running away? I think that people just don’t want to learn how to win… they want to point fingers instead of working on a scheme to fight thieves. I have trouble with good players of all classses, but PvP is a mental game. Only crappy players play the unfairness card… and if you’re jumping down cliffs to avoid a fight in PvP, you already lost.

Its pretty annoying, actually. Is CC unfair because it takes away our mobility? Are condition builds unfair because theyre really powerful and out-perform our close contact damage production? Are traps unfair because they keep us kitten on movement while we get destroyed by a longbow because we’re squishy? God, I could think of a million different ways I’ve gotten killed by different classes consistently. None of them involve RUN AWAY… maybe l2p is really the best, most concise response sometimes.

(edited by Tagus Eleuthera.7305)

in Thief

Posted by: fabz.4736

fabz.4736

killed a FA pu mesmer while roaming in wvw he joined my party and raged saying im a perma stealth d/p 2222 trash when i was using p/d pwer build

in Thief

Posted by: Boryzz.6352

Boryzz.6352

“Why not do a 1v1 fight huh, coward?” (or something similar) – From another thief that I kept teleporting away from, while I was playing venom-sharing support build during a Courtyard sPvP match.

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

One guy was ranting at me for killing him in WvW, but the most memorable thing he said out of all his messages, was that I was a true thief at heart, and that the way I play in game, by cheating people with stealth and teleports, is how I act in real life.

Honestly, I almost took it as a compliment, he must have put a lot of effort into that one.

LOL you can teleport in real life? bro, tell me your secrets!

I used to get this a lot, made me chuckle and just shows that a lot of people will want to QQ and clearly don’t understand what they just had a fight with.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

ya know most ppl that scream things like that are just kids who like easy playing =) rofl if you ignore them block them even jsut be zen and try not to think about it and you wil be fine no rage quiting =)

Naomi DragonFury

in Thief

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

I was once told “Perma stability noob”. I didn’t even have stability I just had stun breaks.
I just responded with “yeah every time I stealth I get every single boon then they go away when I come out of stealth, it also breaks my stuns man. It’s a super cool magic trick bro”

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I was called “walmart”. I found it funny.

I’ve gotten the “HS SPAMMER!” a few times, but most often when I’m using it as a gap closer to actually make contact with a laggy s.o.b.

Anyone else get that? Fighting someone with bad ping and I c&d, position, backstab and ……. they’re not there. Just doesn’t connect. At that point I say F it and HS to their real location.

in Thief

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I was in WvW and had a person group me from the other server just to tell me that I need to learn to play better and that I’m a zerg ball nooblet. Problem was I was running solo on the other side and no where near the zerg, and had not even been in any sort of fight with him beforehand! What’s more ironic is that it turned out the guy was running around his server’s zerg at the time…. O.o

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Anyone else get that? Fighting someone with bad ping and I c&d, position, backstab and ……. they’re not there. Just doesn’t connect. At that point I say F it and HS to their real location.

This has happened to me a LOT lately..

Anyways, in EB we took SMC and there was 1 thief in there. He was CND’ing/steal/shadowstepping all over the place, and 5 of us were trying to catch him. Finally I got a basilisk and he got Moa’d and killed and he whispered me and was like “you guys must feel great defending SMC from one thief”… I’m thinking to myself… What do you want a TV remote, a bag of chips and a free night’s stay in an SMC you don’t own? lol..

in Thief

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

thats realy nib talk from that thief that was stealthing and such lol =)

Naomi DragonFury

in Thief

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Killed shatter mesmer and tank guard on 2v1 on one of the ruins spots and the shatter mesmer /w me saying “two thieves..:) l2p”

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

When i got that kind of msg. I just simply say.

When u grow up u wont feel a thing if lost someone in video game.
Meanwhile, use keyboard to release some pain.
That all the dead guy can do.

That’s a lot of effort. I just send a simple short message saying either “meow” or “ilu” for example. :x Maybe even a /hug to calm them down.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I know this feeling.

"lol hs perma stealth noob l2p proper game"

*is using stealthless S/D spec*

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

Maybe he said that because he wanted Anet to raise our default HP so we don’t almost squish so fast. He must of felt bad about capping the point so easily.

he ment it because i let him cap the point, then unstealthed and killed him and capped the point for myself XD

also, last night was 1v1ing a warr in a sd/dp spec, he beat me and i made a comment about learning a new build, so he asked if condi thief was good. i changed spec and was like “yeah it is ill show ya” killed him, the first thing he said was “kitten cloak” i just laughed and stood there waiting for some more duels and he keeps trying to kill me, so i keep killing him over and over cause he wouldnt leave me alone :/

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I’ll still remember the day I got an angry whisper from a ranger in spvp saying “Wow such a HS spammer. I thought people stopped doing that when they realized how lame it was, but I guess some people still do it.” Simply told him to check his combat log, he actually responded saying he was sorry and that he was mistaken about the HS spam :P.

Another time I had a condi engi in wvw yell at me for stealthing and trolling him and a friend calling me a perma stealther who couldn’t 1v1. Of course whenever I would open on his friend he’d jump in and so I’d reset and let the cycle repeat.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Heartseeker spam is the biggest one. I tend to get this the most in hotjoin when I catch the same person at low health several times in a row…since heartseeker is the attack of choice for low HP enemies (particularly ones that are trying to run away).

Seems that people think just because a thief uses HS against them at low HP, they never use anything else. =P

in Thief

Posted by: Death Scythe.9738

Death Scythe.9738

I don’t got it, why such hate to the thieves, today one guy (necro, after kill me two times with pools and then finally I find the hole to attack ) told me:
“cool hit me with 10000”(if any of you guys know how give this kind of damage in one hit, please tell me)

“2 spam” (people have to understand that if you only spam 2 you never are going to win, and drain you initiative for nothing)

obviously the guy don’t know anything about the class , and just repeat what other people say.

in Thief

Posted by: FZeroWing.2098

FZeroWing.2098

I know posting this is going to be very mean of me, however i found this one pretty funny. I was bored one day so i decided to roll only Sword main hand for funzies with group and I happened on a mesmer who I was able to kill solo and I got the following whisper. to be fair, I did have a secondary weapon and it was my SB but i didn’t really use it the entire fight. Also I don’t know why.. but regardless of what happens when I roam with group I end up getting 90% of the hate whispers :|

And the second one I had posted in a thread long back but here it is again.

Attachments:

Mugentora S/D Thief [BT]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by FZeroWing.2098)

in Thief

Posted by: LexIcon.2819

LexIcon.2819

Pat yourselves on your backs in this glorious circlejerk and keep deluding yourself you’re any good with a thief.

A thief, lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Pat yourselves on your backs in this glorious circlejerk and keep deluding yourself you’re any good with a thief.

A thief, lol.

Yeah, those are the exact types of hate whispers we get. Thanks for the great example!

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

godz raiden.2631

A thief, lol.

Oooooo someone is sensitive! Sorry that some players like to share funny stories with each other in a humorous manner. You must have a lot of friends. Someone with your awful attitude must be a blast to hang out with.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: jarthur.3649

jarthur.3649

each class forum has a thread like this meaning that a large number of people hate everyone not playing their class, so thank you for posting more funny stories for me to read. seriously thank you.

in Thief

Posted by: sion.2603

sion.2603

Today I was told by someone playing a guardian that I had played like a coward for shooting him afar with a bow, stabbing him in the back, disappearing, then stabbing him in the back again; that my lack of honor was worrying and that what I am in game carried on into real life. He proceeded to give me a lecture on ethical, moral, and honorable combat.

i dont even.

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

i like how if you use HS like its sposed to be used, leaping through ranger steal, leaping through BP, or as an execute, you autimatically spam it and people feel validated to even think you spammed it, id say about 3 isnt spamming XD

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows