NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Never been one to call out for nerfs on a class, I think only broken things like Ice Bow have ever really deserved it.

But I would like to know what allows a single thief to go right through an entire WvW zerg dodge rolling non-stop taking little to no damage whilst healing back to full health when a hit would land. I couldn’t believe what I was watching, infinite dodge rolls?

Essentially how does a zerg stop it? How do you counter this? Nothing seemed to work.

If traited in acro dd and trickery you can do a fair amount but not infinite, we could run through a zerg over say 5-10 sec max.
You have to remember its only the same as other class invuln and block etc only we have to work at it and not just press 1 button.

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Never been one to call out for nerfs on a class, I think only broken things like Ice Bow have ever really deserved it.

But I would like to know what allows a single thief to go right through an entire WvW zerg dodge rolling non-stop taking little to no damage whilst healing back to full health when a hit would land. I couldn’t believe what I was watching, infinite dodge rolls?

Essentially how does a zerg stop it? How do you counter this? Nothing seemed to work.

If traited in acro dd and trickery you can do a fair amount but not infinite, we could run through a zerg over say 5-10 sec max.
You have to remember its only the same as other class invuln and block etc only we have to work at it and not just press 1 button.

I really wish I had the means to record the video, would help show what happened. This definitely was over the course of a minimum of 10 seconds with more rolls / dodges thrown in at the end because he completely got away from 80% of the zerg and those continuing to chase couldn’t land enough hits to bring his health down to which he’d get back to 100% with more evades.

Now I’m not asking for nerfs (I play Ranger I’ve seen enough), just how to deal with it, like I said I barely landed a single hit during the entire chase and when I did he healed.

I think this lasted somewhere in the region of 20-30seconds before most people just thought “sod it” and let him go, this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this kind of “infinite” rolling. I just wanted to see if there were some strategies people had in combating this.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Aikizaru.4302

Aikizaru.4302

I find it sad that people still want to nerf thief more, even after the past 3 years it has suffered. lol

IGN-
Lvl80 Ele – Jiwarikun
Lvl80 Rev/Herald – Juakikun

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

I find it sad that people still want to nerf thief more, even after the past 3 years it has suffered. lol

funny part is theres this 1 troll nerf thief thread.

and then all other threads on theif front page are discussing how theif needs help in sPvP, p/p, how staff skills aren’t working and so on.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

I think this lasted somewhere in the region of 20-30seconds before most people just thought “sod it” and let him go, this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this kind of “infinite” rolling. I just wanted to see if there were some strategies people had in combating this.

Necro marks? Have a paladin trap him? Spam cc til something sticks? Been a while since playing.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

OP, you cannot cry nerfs on any class unless you’ve played them and understand them.

For example, I can’t cry mesmer nerfs because I don’t have a mesmer. I don’t understand the class, therefore, how do I know how it should be balanced?

You obviously do not have a thief. Play a thief and understand the class first before crying for nerfs.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

kagesigi, that build is clearly Op. you only have to use 2 ultilies to get 25 stacks, no it need to be nerfed to be more in line with are pure signet build….

now with 25 stacks of might on a reverant, it is clearly under powered, there sword 3 only hits for 11k, there 3 main damage abilities from hammer only hit for a pittance of 5k-9k. from 1200 range, needs buff’s to become viable..

( i love how some people think the op is serious)

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Lime.5768

Lime.5768

OP, you cannot cry nerfs on any class unless you’ve played them and understand them.

For example, I can’t cry mesmer nerfs because I don’t have a mesmer. I don’t understand the class, therefore, how do I know how it should be balanced?

You obviously do not have a thief. Play a thief and understand the class first before crying for nerfs.

You obviously didn’t read the thread. The OP states on page 1 that he was joking and that he mains Thief.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol let me state what seems to be happening on this thread.

Killed: Thief has the potential to get a quick surprise kill and players hate that.
Killer: The thief gets his kill but then dies fast and contributes nothing to his team.

People not understanding call for a nerf to builds that can catch you off guard but wont work 1 vs 1. In fact, Scrapper should win all 1 vs 1 vs D/p thief as they can keep constant revealed up time.
Even worse, the thief that is about to be nerfed by public opinion is less effective in team play than other professions (Guardian/Scrapper) especially for point contesting.

Regardless, nerfing surprise attack builds fits the developers style (especially if the community cries).
All I can say now is… I had hope for thieves… Good luck thieves, I will enjoy returning to my Mesmer.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

can you stop feeding the troll?

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Can you please keep this thread alive?
And for those who think the OP is really complaining; read the first page.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Beetamus.6403

Beetamus.6403

It seems as though we may have a quantum thief problem. It has been shown earlier in the thread that the Thief equals less than one, therefore underpowered, while at the same time able to backstab for 17k, therefore overpowered.
Unless of course they cancel each other out and we are merely just powered?

(edited by Beetamus.6403)

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

You obviously didn’t read the thread. The OP states on page 1 that he was joking and that he mains Thief.

Oh. Well, I feel sheepish. [/genie]

Regardless, I think my statement stands for anyone calling nerfs. :P

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

I’d LOVE to know what traps thieves have that can one shot anyone. We literally have none of that. We have one trap that will let us shadowstep to you…when you hear the pop drop your aoe’s and we’re dead. We have a trap that when triggered brings another thief npc into combat for like 30 seconds… and he has the health of a sickly beaver. We have the needle trap which poisons you, press 6 and clear your condition. Oh and we have the caltrops…which cripple you for a few seconds so we can try to get away before you hit us once downing us.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Link.1049

You’re probably thinking trap guardian… they can dish out 20k plus in one hit and it’s invisible.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Jinx.4619

Jinx.4619

Plot twist NERF Guardian pls Trap so over 9000

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This thread has so much overwhelming evidence which proves that even though the value of Thief is less than 1, it is still OP.

No other profession can pull off the many stunts that a Thief can.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I recently did a thing today in which I did Double Strike AND evaded at the same fuggin time. That’s OP as kitten. No other class can do that. Why does this profession exist still? No one plays it, there were 8 professions at launch and there are 8 now. kittening hit a rabbit yesterday for 300k damage, no one class should be able to pull that kitten off, it’s kittening disrespectful and ludicrous

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Link.1049

This thread has so much overwhelming evidence which proves that even though the value of Thief is less than 1, it is still OP.

We get hat tricks…. and actually, every class can pull off our stunts. Rev for shadowsteps (twice as many in half the time we do), Mesmers and Engi’s outstealth us. We finally got a knockdown but if you see anyone running with a staff they are only hunting other thieves and the knockdown is a one trick pony as you have to be in stealth to do it to begin with. Guardians have better traps and burst damage now… and ALL of these classes get access to all the other boons which thieves don’t.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

We get hat tricks…. and actually, every class can pull off our stunts. Rev for shadowsteps (twice as many in half the time we do), Mesmers and Engi’s outstealth us. We finally got a knockdown but if you see anyone running with a staff they are only hunting other thieves and the knockdown is a one trick pony as you have to be in stealth to do it to begin with. Guardians have better traps and burst damage now… and ALL of these classes get access to all the other boons which thieves don’t.

Ah, but they have no Venoms nor Venom Aura — and everyone knows how OP Venom is. Shared Basilisk anyone?

Also, they have no finisher in their Elite skill — only the Thief has access to a TRUE Elite skill that finishes the opponent off. This is more OP than Shared Basilisk.

Does other profession have a trait that resets all utilities of the same type? None other than the Thief’s Improvisation trait.

Any of the other profession can dodge more than twice? Thief can dodge 3 times with DD. All the damage in the world means nothing if you can’t hit your target due to evasion.

All the Thief’s weapons got nerfed — HARD — because of OPness (except for Staff, but it’s coming and I would bet Vault will take the hit).

But I’m just repeating myself from this point on.

Deny it all you want, Thief is OP and it needs to be nerfed.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Link.1049

Honestly I’ve thought shared basilisk was bugged because I’ve never seen it work. And most classes don’t need the other venoms… chill, stun, and poison are built in. The new finisher is the only saving grace but it has to be timed perfectly or it fails… it actually takes as long as a regular finish. Staff won’t get needed it’s still the weakest weapon a thief has access to. 3 dodges seems to be an improvement… however 2 out of 3 will force you out of stealth which is most thieves way of getting out of a fight and the third one has a pause where your evade has passed but you’re not able to use anything else yet. A good hammer swing and game over. I played as a dragon hunter for 30 minutes and it took 2 or 3 of any class to take me out with me having zero idea what I was doing.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

The new finisher only takes as long until you know your damage. A little thing I kept from all the pvp games I play- the only thing scarier than a competent player, is one that knows when they can kill you with little counterplay left to you. Memorize TD combo’s damage and FF/PS. If you can’t land them, either use em after Panic Strike or Devourer Venom.

THIEF OP FOREVER. Pistols da best- PEWPEW.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Honestly I’ve thought shared basilisk was bugged because I’ve never seen it work. And most classes don’t need the other venoms… chill, stun, and poison are built in. The new finisher is the only saving grace but it has to be timed perfectly or it fails… it actually takes as long as a regular finish. Staff won’t get needed it’s still the weakest weapon a thief has access to. 3 dodges seems to be an improvement… however 2 out of 3 will force you out of stealth which is most thieves way of getting out of a fight and the third one has a pause where your evade has passed but you’re not able to use anything else yet. A good hammer swing and game over. I played as a dragon hunter for 30 minutes and it took 2 or 3 of any class to take me out with me having zero idea what I was doing.

Impact Strike is way better than normal finisher, normal casts in 3.5 seconds this casts in like 2.5-2.75 seconds and you can move without an obvious animation. It also knocks them up so they can’t use their downed abilities and if you kill them with the 3rd attack they don’t even get downed.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

It also knocks them up

Wow, the Thief is getting frisky!!!
I wonder if it works against male opponents?
This brings a whole new meaning to the term “reverse pickpocketing”

Yes, Thief is OP! It will soon overpopulate the game with mini-Thieves!

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Wow… you guys are still at it…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Honestly I’ve thought shared basilisk was bugged because I’ve never seen it work.

They nerfed the shared range because of its OPness. You need to be really close to the Thief to get it.

And most classes don’t need the other venoms… chill, stun, and poison are built in.

Chill is a really good condition against all non-Thief profession. Thief don’t get affected by Chill because its OP. And I’m sure Revenants will be happy with Chill. You can also share the healing venom to mitigate some of the pressure.

The new finisher is the only saving grace but it has to be timed perfectly or it fails… it actually takes as long as a regular finish.

You just need to practice it…it’s not that hard.

Staff won’t get needed it’s still the weakest weapon a thief has access to.

You’re kidding, right? Vault deals as much damage as Backstab without the need for stealth nor delayed by Revealed. It’s also an AoE.

3 dodges seems to be an improvement… however 2 out of 3 will force you out of stealth which is most thieves way of getting out of a fight

With these GM dodges, you don’t need stealth.

…and the third one has a pause where your evade has passed but you’re not able to use anything else yet.

Dash is meant to do that since it has the longest dodge range. And even if the evade is gone, you still get damage reduction.

A good hammer swing and game over.

Hammer is too slow with a lot of telegraphed animation that are easily interrupted.

I played as a dragon hunter for 30 minutes and it took 2 or 3 of any class to take me out with me having zero idea what I was doing.

Are you saying that DH is OP? No way! DH have received numerous buffs to get where it is now. Thief/DD have gotten nerfed because it’s OP.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

keeping in mind theif has gotten just as many buffs as its gotten nerfs.

its not OP. its balanced, but they rebalance it (aka buff part, nerf another part) to fit with the meta.

for example, they recently buffed p/p 3 skill
they fixed 3 bugs for Dagger main skills where backstab was missing when moving. and pathing issues for heartseeker so it lunges like it should.

Anet aren’t nerfing theives. they rebalancing.

(edited by arenta.2953)

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

its not OP. its balanced, but they rebalance it (aka buff part, nerf another part) to fit with the meta.

they fixed 3 bugs for Dagger main skills where backstab was missing when moving. and pathing issues for heartseeker so it lunges like it should.

Tell me then, what buff did the Thief receive in exchange for adding Revealed which nerfed the whole Shadow Arts trait line?

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Tell me then, what buff did the Thief receive in exchange for adding Revealed which nerfed the whole Shadow Arts trait line?

We got a 3rd dodge! Oh wait… that’s why they nerfed feline’s grace.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

+200 power during reveal

also shadow arts? nerfed?

Merciful Ambush Stealth yourself and your target when reviving an ally. You revive allies faster.
Shadow’s Embrace Remove conditions periodically while in stealth.
Meld with Shadows Stealth skills last longer.
Hidden Thief Stealing grants you stealth.
Resilience of Shadows Stealth effects that you apply reduce incoming attack damage.
Shadow’s Rejuvenation Regenerate health and initiative while in stealth.

the addition of the reveal “nerf” was compensated by giving us a trait that gives us +200 power while under reveal’s effect.
and buffs to “while under stealth” ’s duration, and giving us int while stealthed.

this is still my FAVORITE trait line because it heals me.

keep in mind thief is WEAK to stuns.

compare thief to necro. necro’s shroud lets it break stun EVERY 6 SECOUNDS. and heal while shrouded, cure conditions while shrouded, move 33% faster while shrouded. attack 15% faster while shrouded

reaper is literally god mode.

theif is weaker. but compensates by being stealthed (coupled with theif having 10-20k less hp. and usually less armor as well)

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

+200 power during reveal

That’s in DA not in SA.

also shadow arts? nerfed?

Merciful Ambush Stealth yourself and your target when reviving an ally. You revive allies faster.
Shadow’s Embrace Remove conditions periodically while in stealth.
Meld with Shadows Stealth skills last longer.
Hidden Thief Stealing grants you stealth.
Resilience of Shadows Stealth effects that you apply reduce incoming attack damage.
Shadow’s Rejuvenation Regenerate health and initiative while in stealth.

All you have no access to when Revealed.

the addition of the reveal “nerf” was compensated by giving us a trait that gives us +200 power while under reveal’s effect.

That’s not a buff, nor balance. Revealed imprisons the whole trait line. Obviously because stealth is OP.

and buffs to “while under stealth” ’s duration, and giving us int while stealthed.

That’s useless if you’re Revealed.

this is still my FAVORITE trait line because it heals me.

Not when Revealed.

keep in mind thief is WEAK to stuns.

What are you talking about? I can Steal+Stun while stunned to counter their stun because Thief is OP.

compare thief to necro. necro’s shroud lets it break stun EVERY 6 SECOUNDS. and heal while shrouded, cure conditions while shrouded, move 33% faster while shrouded. attack 15% faster while shrouded

Necro’s shroud is balance because it doesn’t allow them access to their heal and utility skills. Thief, on the other hand, has access to every skill while in stealth because it’s OP.

reaper is literally god mode.

God mode? It melts like any other melee class to conditions. One Caltrops removes the Reaper Shroud…because why? Thief is OP.

theif is weaker. but compensates by being stealthed (coupled with theif having 10-20k less hp. and usually less armor as well)

If Thief is weak, why it is getting nerfed major patch after major patch?

Just look at Withdraw. They had a chance to actually balance it by increasing the CD but also increasing the heal. Yet, they chose to nerf it instead by increasing the CD without increasing the heal.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

1 caltrop doesn’t remove reaper shroud. idk where u came up with that.

and theif is weaker than reaper shroud. but not weak itself.

its balanced.

you can delude yourself if u want. but every nerf has a buff with it.

the only reason your saying thief is OP is cause it can stealth. guess what, so can mesmer, and engineer, and ranger.

remove stealth from the class, and then its extremely weak. with dmg less than necro (necro’s d/d and reaper’s GS out dpm theif d/d)

keep crying though. people like u have cried since game launched. and theif is still here. balanced.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Lamuness.3570

Lamuness.3570

You guys are forgetting how freakin’ OP Thief is. Literally, Thief can kill you with one arm tied behind his back. 5 skills? I only need 2.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

You guys are forgetting how freakin’ OP Thief is. Literally, Thief can kill you with one arm tied behind his back. 5 skills? I only need 2.

august 14th 2014

talk about over a year ago.

plus, there is a reason no one goes around with 1 sword and no offhand. cause it doesn’t work like that. go ahead

go try

november 10th. 2015. lets see you post a video today of you doing this.

come on.

sword mainhand. no offhand

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

its balanced.

the only reason your saying thief is OP is cause it can stealth. guess what, so can mesmer, and engineer, and ranger.

remove stealth from the class, and then its extremely weak. with dmg less than necro (necro’s d/d and reaper’s GS out dpm theif d/d)

keep crying though. people like u have cried since game launched. and theif is still here. balanced.

Nah. Stealth is so op it makes everything else invalid

If not, why did engie get a trait so even auto attacks would reveal them?

they’re obv god mode class.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

its balanced.

keep trollin

if its so OP
why did engi get more stealth.

why were more blast stealth fields added.

your own logic just kicked u in the kitten .

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I kite them all the time and it was done to me when playing my Reaper. The stacks of bleed drains shroud really fast. Don’t you know that?

I literally forced them to stay in my Caltrops by chain stunning them with Headshots.

That’s how OP Thief is. One skill cancels one profession’s main mechanic.

You have no proof to support that claim. Reaper shroud and necro shroud in general hasn’t been nerfed as hard as stealth. There’s no similar effect like Revealed that delays the next shroud. I’ve played my Necro all through HoT and I can tell you that I remain in shroud one after the other — something I can’t do with stealth due to Revealed. Yet stealth got nerfed and not shroud implying that shroud is fine and balance while Thief stealth is OP.

You have no evidence to support your claim.

its balanced.

It’s nerfed because it’s OP. You’re just in denial.

If ArenaNet increased the Backstab damage when they added Revealed, I would believe you. Instead, because Thief is OP, they nerfed Backstab while they added Revealed.

It’s not a delusion is a fact. It’s right there in the game. You’re the one deluding yourself by denying that Thief is OP.

No. Stealth is but one aspect of the Thief’s OPness. Haven’t you been paying attention?

Who are you kidding? Even without stealth, Thief/DD wrecks face. It’s OP that Vault deals as much damage as Backstab in an AoE without stealth that can be done 3 times in a row dealing a total damage of 15k-20k damage to every enemy around it. Adding Bound to the mix for an extra 9k damage (dodge 3x).

if you believe that’s not OP, then you’re really disconnected from in-game reality.

Who’s crying? It is universally believed (expect you) that Thief is OP ever since from the beginning that’s why it received nerfed after nerfed. The only good thing that ever happen to Thief is Daredevil, which further proved its OPness, that’s why in the next major patch, DD will inevitably receive a bunch nerf.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

Who’s crying? It is universally believed (expect you) that Thief is OP ever since from the beginning that’s why it received nerfed after nerfed. The only good thing that ever happen to Thief is Daredevil, which further proved its OPness, that’s why in the next major patch, DD will inevitably receive a bunch nerf.

your crying, hence you making this thread to vent your sadness

no its not universally, its actually a very small portion of the community. but most people don’t feel like goign into a troll thread like this.
unlike most people, i like poking the trolls to make them act more and more pathetic defending their weak beliefs.

in fact, go look at this theif subforum. for every 1 “thief OP” cry threa. theres 3-4 “theif is weak” threads.

so more of the community views theif as in need of a buff.

wanna take a bet on the next patch? if theif was as OP as you claim. it would have been fixed in the first 3 months of the game. not “let stay OP over 3 YEARS”

if you’ll notice. no real nerfs have happened to heartseeker or backstab or stealth in the past 2 years. the first 1 year all classes got drastically reworked over and over.

but the past 2 years, they’ve all settled into a state of balance. (with the exception of minions like necro and ranger. but that was a hard problem which is fixed now with the direct/indirect dmg)

also, you need to go play Reaper. GS skill 2. does more than backstab.
and if you hit something under 50% hp. you have NO COOLDOWN. (also u hit 3 opponents instead of 1)

aka, you can spam backstab FROM THE FRONT. with NO COOLDOWN.

and if the enemy runs. you have GS 5 or shroud 2. to either lunge or pull them back.

in addition. GS 2 causes vulnerbility. buffign your dmg EVEN MORE.

your shouts can grant you 10 might, chill enemies,

you break stun every 6 secounds.

thief can break stun, if its fully set up for stun break. every 15 at best. a normal theif will have 1 stun break every 30-45 secounds.

aka, each has its strength
thief is good at healing and curing conditions and hit and run

necro is good at tanking hits, causing conditions, alpha, and breakign stun.

(edited by arenta.2953)

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

your crying, hence you making this thread to vent your sadness

You got it all wrong. Thief’s OPness is being celebrated and not cried upon.

Because no matter how much nerf Thief gets, it’s still OP. This is the true god mode. No amount of nerf can bring down the OPness of Thief.

no its not universally, its actually a very small portion of the community. but most people don’t feel like goign into a troll thread like this.

We had a long thread of NERF WISH LIST to beg to differ. Even the Dev agreed on some of them and actually implemented the wished nerf — further proof that Thief is OP.

You, on the other hand, is clinging on your personal opinion because you lack proof.

unlike most people, i like poking the trolls to make them act more and more pathetic defending their weak beliefs.

Now that’s funny because while I’ve shown proof, you’re the one sticking to your belief.

in fact, go look at this theif subforum. for every 1 “thief OP” cry threa. theres 3-4 “theif is weak” threads.

Until you look at how long was the NERF WISH LIST thread…

so more of the community views theif as in need of a buff.

Regardless of what you think the community’s view is, in the eyes of the Dev, Thief is still OP which deserve further nerfs.

What’s important is that the Dev disagree with a lot of “Buff Wishes” and agree with a lot od “Nerf Wishes”. The nerf on S.D was a proof that the Dev listens more to nerfs than buffs — why? — because they believe that Thief is OP.

wanna take a bet on the next patch? if theif was as OP as you claim. it would have been fixed in the first 3 months of the game. not “let stay OP over 3 YEARS”

It’s futile to bet on the Dev’s action because they are the most inconsistent Dev ever. How long have we been waiting for the Withdraw’s +10% heal? Since June. It was not fixed because Thief is already OP as it is.

if you’ll notice. no real nerfs have happened to heartseeker or backstab or stealth in the past 2 years.

Wow, check again.

HS got nerfed hard. The HP threshold was changed to uselessness. HS is nothing but a leap finisher now. You can’t go 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-ftw anymore.That’s how OP it was and still is.

Backstab got a Revealed attached to it.

Stealth got nerfed by placing CiS in GM.

They even nerfed Resilience of Shadows from 50% to 25% damage reduction.

Where have you been?

the first 1 year all classes got drastically reworked over and over.

While other professions got the rework, Thief got nerfed because it’s OP. There was a lot of QQs from other professions.

but the past 2 years, they’ve all settled into a state of balance. (with the exception of minions like necro and ranger. but that was a hard problem which is fixed now with the direct/indirect dmg)

It’s that the reason why Thief got a big nerf on December 10, 2013?

And more nerfs followed all the way to this year’s June patch?

also, you need to go play Reaper. GS skill 2. does more than backstab.
and if you hit something under 50% hp. you have NO COOLDOWN. (also u hit 3 opponents instead of 1)

I have a Reaper and have beat the game with it and did some PvP. It’s not as OP as you think it is. Once everyone is aware of its weakness, it’s toast.

aka, you can spam backstab FROM THE FRONT. with NO COOLDOWN.

Have you played Thief/DD? Vault is an AoE Backstab. It’s more OP and Reaper’s GS2.

and if the enemy runs. you have GS 5 or shroud 2. to either lunge or pull them back.

And Thief have Steal. Instant teleport plus all other procs another proof of OPness.

in addition. GS 2 causes vulnerbility. buffign your dmg EVEN MORE.

Bound gives 10% damage buff, it’s like 10 stacks of vunerability.

your shouts can grant you 10 might, chill enemies,

Steal does more than that.

you break stun every 6 secounds.

Yet they can still be disabled by Headshots.

thief can break stun, if its fully set up for stun break. every 15 at best. a normal theif will have 1 stun break every 30-45 secounds.

That’s because stun is not a threat. Thief can still use Steal while stunned to counter the stun by stunning the stunner.

aka, each has its strength
thief is good at healing and curing conditions and hit and run

And more.

necro is good at tanking hits, causing conditions, alpha, and breakign stun.

Necro is weak. It needs more buffs. Thief is OP and needs more nerfs.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

so your argument is theif is OP cause it will always be OP no matter what is nerfed

and that devs agree its OP so it needs a nerf?

then tell me. why is theif still OP if devs agree its OP?

why have devs not nerfed it out of OP?

your argument fails entirely because your view is anything with stealth is automatically OP no matter what u nerf on it.

and you ignore all the buffs thief has recieved.
as well as engineer and mesmer’s stealth

your buthurt. get over it.

also. steal doesn’t stun. it DAZES.
MAJOR difference there.

keep crying.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

its balanced.

keep trollin

if its so OP
why did engi get more stealth.

why were more blast stealth fields added.

your own logic just kicked u in the kitten .

they have limited access to stealth to help give them a fighting chance against thieves, who can stealth on demand and gain a myriad of buffs every time they do so.

still op

I see no flaws in my logic

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

so your argument is theif is OP cause it will always be OP no matter what is nerfed

You only need to look at the proofs.

Historically correct.

Because it is OP. What else?

No profession warrants excessive nerfs unless they are OP. Thief receives mutiple excessive nerfs, thus it is OP.

If the Dev doesn’t agree, they shouldn’t have nerfed the Thief — but they did and more than likely they will continue to do so.

True God Mode. No matter how much you nerf the Thief, it is still OP.

Pay attention.

your argument fails entirely because your view is anything with stealth is automatically OP no matter what u nerf on it.

Read what I’ve posted. It’s not about stealth.

and you ignore all the buffs thief has recieved.
as well as engineer and mesmer’s stealth

What buffs? Relative to what other professions have received, those aren’t buffs.

Revealed has nerfed Shadow Arts and Acro was nerfed to create Daredevil because they have to make those nerfs due to Thief’s OPness. No other reasons to do so.

your buthurt. get over it.

How so? Thief is OP and it’s God Mode. Nothing hurts here. Thief will continue to shrug it off and move on because it’s OP.

also. steal doesn’t stun. it DAZES.
MAJOR difference there.

What’s your point? It still counters the stun on Thief. You’re just being petty now.

The only difference is that one prevents movements, that’s it — nothing “MAJOR”.

keep crying.

Laughing so hard here since you’re running out of steam because you can’t counter the overwhelming evidence that Thief is OP.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

clearly yu have yet to experience daredevil condi build lol

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: ColdSlot.6928

ColdSlot.6928

You only need to look at the proofs.

Historically correct.

Because it is OP. What else?

No profession warrants excessive nerfs unless they are OP. Thief receives mutiple excessive nerfs, thus it is OP.

If the Dev doesn’t agree, they shouldn’t have nerfed the Thief — but they did and more than likely they will continue to do so.

True God Mode. No matter how much you nerf the Thief, it is still OP.

Pay attention.

I just wanna stop you here… WHAT!? Are you brain damaged? Do even know how balancing works? The only way I see your logic making any sense is if the thief has some “holy god trait” that the Dev’s can’t touch or mess with because if they did the whole game would combust.

Nerfs buffs and re-balancing in general is implemented when the skills/traits either:
A) are used in ways the Dev did not predict, could negative or positive
B) do not do what they were intended to do, what we call bugs
C) are not effective or too effective

Many things contribute to the reason something is re balanced like, damage, cool down, cast time, conditions applied, ect. This means its not as simple as saying “THAT CLASS IS OP BECAUSE OF THAT TRAIT OR THAT SKILL, NERF THE CLASS”! When maybe all that is needed is a longer cool down time.

Also, IF (and thats a huge if) the thief was as OP as you say the Dev’s would focus on re-balancing that one thing that you say makes the class OP instead of working around it. They’re not stupid, but they can’t predict every single change that happens from tweaking with just one skill.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

We got another live one.

I just wanna stop you here… WHAT!? Are you brain damaged? Do even know how balancing works? The only way I see your logic making any sense is if the thief has some “holy god trait” that the Dev’s can’t touch or mess with because if they did the whole game would combust.

But Thief is in God Mode, thus no matter how much nerf it gets, it’s still OP. So it does makes sense.

Nerfs buffs and re-balancing in general is implemented when the skills/traits either:
A) are used in ways the Dev did not predict, could negative or positive

So stealth wasn’t predicted to be use to hide so they added Revealed? Is that what you’re saying?

Stealth was used as intended. However in the hand of the Thief, it makes the Thief beyond God Mode thus it needs to nerfed and was nerfed. Even so stealth is still OP.

B) do not do what they were intended to do, what we call bugs

Sword #2 wasn’t a bug nor buggy.

C) are not effective or too effective

That’s a relative term and relative to other professions, Thief was nerfed due to OPness. A lot of nerfs was due to Warrior’s QQs and yet, Thief is still OP.

Many things contribute to the reason something is re balanced like, damage, cool down, cast time, conditions applied, ect. This means its not as simple as saying “THAT CLASS IS OP BECAUSE OF THAT TRAIT OR THAT SKILL, NERF THE CLASS”! When maybe all that is needed is a longer cool down time.

I agree that there are many factors, which includes the QQs from the PvP forum. If the Devs didn’t agree with them, Thief would not have been nerfed. But the Devs agree that Thief is OP, thus the profession has been nerfed time and time again.

Also, IF (and thats a huge if) the thief was as OP as you say the Dev’s would focus on re-balancing that one thing that you say makes the class OP instead of working around it.

If you have been following the patch notes, Devs have expressed their belief that Thief is OP by nerfing the profession. We all thought that the Thief hit rock bottom on Dec 2013, but the Devs wasn’t done — Thief was still OP so they nerfed Acro to make Daredevil.

They’re not stupid, but they can’t predict every single change that happens from tweaking with just one skill.

So why make a massive change to many skills, traits and abilities if they can’t predict one?

Are you then saying that they are stupid for making so many changes? I think not!

In fact, they can track and predict all changes else they won’t even make the change in the first place. What’s the point of making changes if you have no idea what it’ll do?

The Devs knows what each changes do that’s why they make them, thus they know that the Thief is OP that’s why they nerf it.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

What people don’t realize is that a thief without stealth (except staff and S/D) is a dead thief. And that’s why a thief is “always” stealthed.
They should’ve worked on that but they rather went to bring revealed into the game and kitten ~ 1/8 of the players off – cause who cares, right?

ETA: So thieves were using stealth as intended but not expected because the core of thief’s mechanics is a science only grasped by the wisest men and women.

(edited by Jana.6831)

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

Thieves are a laughably easy to kill. Just block for the duration of that first attack phase and the only thing that’s left for the thief to do is wait for cooldowns.

Any and every rage aimed at a thief is either because you missed your target or you didn’t have time to swing… which says again… you missed your target.

The most remarkable thing about dying to a thief is the rage felt (against yourself) when you realize… "They don’t have perma self… so what was I doing in all that time they were on their way over to kill me? Casing butterflies again!

Yeah, Thieves dodge a lot and have some great blinds, but this really isn’t the problem.

The only, only , problem with thieves is you’re dead before you realize what you did wrong. If you’re not the thief is dead and you’re still left scratching your head.

Glass-cannons go like this. You’re dead or they’re dead, but it’s always hard to know exactly why. Camera was in the wrong position to see what killed the thief or you were too busy not doing to realize the fight was over.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Release Notes:

• This thread has been upgraded from gold to platinum.
  • Thieves are still OP

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

arenta.2953

Release Notes:

• Thieves are still OP

Release Notes:

• This thread’s OP has been reclassified from a Troll to a Ettin. His intelligence has been reduced to match this.
  • Thieves are still balanced.

NERF THIEVES PLEASE!!!

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Release Notes:

• Thieves are still OP

Release Notes:

• This thread’s OP has been reclassified from a Troll to a Ettin. His intelligence has been reduced to match this.
  • Thieves are still balanced.

> mfw Ettin is actually a direct buff to Troll but is released as a nerf

Welcome to GW2 balance team. you’ll fit right in.

I probably shouldnt be making those kinds of remarks lest Karl trample me with the infraction stick

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)