New Assasin stats

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Any thoughts about the implications for new d/d or sw/d builds with this setup?

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s a waste. Not worth it. You break like a graham cracker.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Malbidion.7381

Malbidion.7381

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Grimfalcon.3847

Grimfalcon.3847

It’s great 50% crit 90 crit dmg with your build tupro

Grimfalcon – War, Karin Tai – Ele

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Would not trade power for anything.

All is vain.

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

in pve or spvp? in pve its pathetic, i already have 100% crit chance with a disc banner and fury in full berserkers so why would i give up power to get precision i dont need? i cant comment for spvp.

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAoY6alUmCP3ey5E+JFyOjKUn4UYUIl/hySrAOB-jwxAYuBRTYGEdisIasNiioxqWwUnER1+kioVDA-e

Assassin’s + Knight’s, 65% critical chance at +70% damage, and you don’t drop like a rock.

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Berserker > Assassin, especially when you are spending at least 30 points into Critical Strikes.

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Straight Assassin isn’t really very appealing. It’s just too much crit. Pure Berserker’s for your glassies is still where it’s at. For builds/professions that are mixing their gear from different sets, Assassin is a nice alternative to Rampager’s. It gives you that big surge of extra crit chance, without the wasted condition damage. Still, since a lot of those non-thief builds that just have to crit every time are probably doing it for the conditions, Rampager’s isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

For Thief, crit is really just bonus damage. There may have been a time when we could work some sigils into a fine crit build, but that’s little more than debatable history now. None of our traits make it any more appealing. Power wins in terms of core damage, while crit and crit damage just makes it better. So, Berserker’s all the way for your direct damage bumps.

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Using your build vs a berserkers set and pretending we have all ascended gear where ascended is available, even if assassins pieces dont exist there yet..

No might
2259 power
70% crit chance
100% crit damage
(2259+ 250) * ((1 * .3) + ((1.5+ 1) * .7)= 5143.45
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQRAoY8YlUmiO3ey5E/5Ey2jdqCJK/DklODaqlA-j0BBYfDiO5pIasVRFRjVXDT5iIq2ebY1G0JSKgyFGB-w

2038 power
80% crit chance
100% crit damage
(2038+ 250) * ((1 * .2) + ((1.5+ 1) * .8)= 5033.6
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQRAoY8YlUmiO3ey5E/5Ey2jdqCJK/DklODaqlA-j0BBoiDiORqIasVRFRjVTjIqWXDzebY1G0JSKgyVGB-w

21 might stacks
(2259+ 250+ (35* 21)) * ((1 * .3) + ((1.5+ 1) * .7)= 6650.2
(2038+ 250+ (35* 21)) * ((1 * .2) + ((1.5+ 1) * .8)= 6650.6

The assassins set needs 21 stacks of might and 25 stacks of bloodlust to win, totally not worth it.

Edit before going to sleep:
Just realized the crit chance on the berserker set is to high for oil, gogo waking up at 4am for work and being tired at 8pm…

If you use stones with the berserker set the assassins set cant ever win, heres the 21 might set with stones instead of oils.
(2356+ 250+ (35* 21)) * ((1 * .3) + ((1.5+ 1) * .7)= 6849.05

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

(edited by wish.1027)

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

@Wish
I get the math, but you need to remember that this is for this specific build. I believe Assassin’s armor with a mixture of Zerk Trinkets is a nice balance. You will crit more, giving your on crit sigils to proc more often. Your analysis of assassin’s vs Zerk is for this build only.

Love

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Higher critchance might’ve been worth it in some builds before they nerfed some of the on crit food buffs. 50-60% Crt% is usually where I stay at and feel it’s plenty for any build.

[DONE]

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Considering thieves have access to a guarantied crit, I think Assassin stats are far less useful to glass cannon thieves then Berserker stats as opposed to other classes.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Power > Precision in almost all situations. Any build that you mix Knight and Assassin would be better just by swapping to Berserker.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The choice between Berserker and Valkyrie is trading Vit with Prec without touching Power – which is acceptable.

The choice between Berserker and Assassin is trading Power with Prec — this is not acceptable in any build.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

The choice between Berserker and Valkyrie is trading Vit with Prec without touching Power – which is acceptable.

Using a bunch of Valkyrie gear is never acceptable.

N E V E R

Soldiers with Berserkers gives more damage and defense than Berserkers with Valkyrie.

@Wish
I get the math, but you need to remember that this is for this specific build. I believe Assassin’s armor with a mixture of Zerk Trinkets is a nice balance. You will crit more, giving your on crit sigils to proc more often. Your analysis of assassin’s vs Zerk is for this build only.

My analysis shows that with this build that stacks tons of power in traits, full bloodlust and full might stacks, berserkers still wins. Once you remove those traits in power berserkers only gets even better than assassins…. seriously, assassins can never win.

And if you seriously think thats a nice balance, then maybe you should do the math and show it to us so we can know if its really a good mix or not. Here, I will even help you out:

(power + bloodlust + (35 * might stacks)) *
((1 * .nonecritchance) + ((1.5 + .critdamage) * .critchance)) = damage

GL <3

Higher critchance might’ve been worth it in some builds before they nerfed some of the on crit food buffs. 50-60% Crt% is usually where I stay at and feel it’s plenty for any build.

You should never talk about your feelings in a discussion about math, what are you, a girl?

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

(edited by wish.1027)

New Assasin stats

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Using a bunch of Valkyrie gear is never acceptable.

That wasn’t my point. I was merely comparing the trade-offs. >.<’

Note the word “trading”.