New patch going to destroy thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

Having being a thief player since beta, I am truly horrified at some of the up & coming patch changes.

This class has been nerfed relentlessly and recklessley. From the many reveal tactics being brought into the game and now to our blink skills needing vision to make contact with the enemy. As well as ricochet being removed.

After seeing the preview of the new changes and updates to the trait lines, and P/P finally killed off. I find myself in a tough situation, and I am sure other thief players will agree with me.

Is the thief class really dead? , will we be as useful as we once were.

How many of you will still be playing thief after this update?

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

I don’t know. We’ll only know for sure where our class stands once we spend some time creating new builds and testing out the traits. I don’t think it does any of us any favors by assuming the worst already. Besides, none of the changes (nerfs) to our class has stopped it from being my favorite class so far, so I’m going to keep a level head and do my best to adapt to the changes.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I see it as almost entirely buffs.

But I don’t play Shadow Arts.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

in Thief

Posted by: John Chambers.1059

John Chambers.1059

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

the past is the past my fellow thief. I have changed my ways. However, this up & coming patch strikes fear into my soul.

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

I don’t know. We’ll only know for sure where our class stands once we spend some time creating new builds and testing out the traits. I don’t think it does any of us any favors by assuming the worst already. Besides, none of the changes (nerfs) to our class has stopped it from being my favorite class so far, so I’m going to keep a level head and do my best to adapt to the changes.

Taking an optimistic approach, i like it. Just like you, my favourite class is the thief – hands down. However, the nerves that flow through me before each game update is enough to give an anxiety attack.

Recently I have been experimenting with P/P. To find out in this patch, that pistols are basically no longer viable. It breaks me in two.

We already have very few builds that are worthy of speccing. What will you be playing after the patch?

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

the past is the past my fellow thief. I have changed my ways. However, this up & coming patch strikes fear into my soul.

Even those Dynasty Warriors folks don’t switch sides this brutally. :P

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Still in game.
Still OP.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

I happen to know a few dynasty warrior folks, and they dont see it as switching sides, but rather going and flowing with the tides.

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

Still in game.
Still OP.

Great to hear! my fellow thief.

What is the weather looking like, after patch?

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Hmm, let’s model ourselves after the Duck Dynasty folks instead. Grab your thief, put on some cammo, and let’s go huntin’! :-D

Ps. I hear the thief is getting a rifle, so the new Elite Specialization must be “RAGIN’ REDNECK” ;-)

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Still in game.
Still OP.

Great to hear! my fellow thief.

What is the weather looking like, after patch?

The weather is looking like weather.

I’m a bit more concerned about a few other things. (expansion/content)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

u wot ? again some peowpeow troll post? (arent u a ranger?) lol. anyway, i dont see any nerfs. all i see is buffs. 3 full trait lines… that’s gonna be rekage. for e.g. panic+exe+SR+full trickery on DP. sounds deadly no? idk idk but i think we’re gonna be beasts. all i see is buffs.. cuz having 3 full trait lines on Thief is like having an energy drink.. :P

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

You say you are truly horrified at the changes in fear that your class will get nerfed, but based on earlier threads, isn’t that what you’ve always wanted? Why am I even asking it’s not like you’ll respond

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s not going to destroy thieves, but I haven’t looked in any trait lines of the other classes, so I have no idea if they will become “hulks”.
Troll threads and thieves calling themselves OP plus all the rangers complaining about stealth doesn’t really help against nerfs. Sad but true. I wish anet would see through that

And yeah, peow is a main thief – he just likes to troll, but isn’t every thief a troll? I am.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

gossip queen 2015 Peow vs Eremite

Let me just get some popcorn.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

But but but…. I can’t dodge 7 times in a row anymore…

I have to actually concentrate on dodging correctly instead of the usual, “oh i wasted a dodge but nvm I got some extra might”. No more casual thiefing.

Sigh, my favorite trait line (Acrobatics) have been nerfed to oblivion ._.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

But but but…. I can’t dodge 7 times in a row anymore…

I have to actually concentrate on dodging correctly instead of the usual, “oh i wasted a dodge but nvm I got some extra might”. No more casual thiefing.

Sigh, my favorite trait line (Acrobatics) have been nerfed to oblivion ._.

Well, thieves can’t facetank planets like engineers. With the new patch you get condi bombed once – you’re dead. The class lacks sustain and natural toughness to such an extreme degree it has to rely on bullkitten suck as perma evades and perma blinds. Although thieves aren’t the kings of blind anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

A whole 18 days to change your ways, huh?

Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Even though the thief seems to lose some nice traits and dmg bonuses. The overall loss/gain remains to be seen.

With executioner + hidden killer + panic strike possible in a spec, expect people to cry about instagibs! And that’s just from two lines, so you are free to pick buffs to steal (trickery) or healing and condi removal (SA).

Everything still hinges on one point though. How will the condition changes affect everyone and everything??? They really should have split that part of this patch from the rest and drop it first. So we could adjust to those changes before redoing gear.

Puz – TDA

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

Your forgetting that no matter how nerfed we get we still stay strong in Spvp and in pve. We find a way to make powerful specs and insane damage. The ones who cry about weak thief are ones who either get outplayed by another profession and/or just dont really know how to play their thief optimally.

So no, we wont be destroyed or get destroyed. Even with engis getting lock on, i do not expect every engineer that i will run into to have taken this trait as they have 2 more traits which are actually a lot more attractive for them to have unless they specifically know they will go up against stealth. Which in all is not only anti thief but also anti mesmer, other engis, and rangers.

I think we are the ones going to destroy others. I for one, am excited for this upcoming change as we are most likely going to see MANY specs now being viable.