No valid path to target / No line of sight.

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

Anyone else been getting the above two a lot? It’s been bugging me in PvP.

Aim for an area, see the green “go” marker, then bam, suddenly down 6 init without moving an inch.

The interaction at Battle of Kyhlo going from the ground up to the platforms on the clocktower are particularly bad. Also had a few where I get no valid path on flat terrain on Skyhammer.

Recently had a downstate moment where I got stomped early because I tried to shadowstep from the bottom of the slope at Kyhlo clocktower to the point, only to get a “No valid path” error (Caused a enemy rally on someone just about to get stomped which would have rallied me, so a bit salty about that one). Cursor was green for the shadowstep too.

in Thief

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

Story of my life.
But these are no news. It’s been happening since ever along with “Obstructed” Impairing Daggers with a clear “not obstructed” line of sight.

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

It is nothing new and has been happening since launch. Fun part, if say DHs would be struggling with some nasty bugs that get them killed, Anet would instantly fix it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

it require line of sight

in Thief

Midi.8359

It is nothing new and has been happening since launch. Fun part, if say DHs would be struggling with some nasty bugs that get them killed, Anet would instantly fix it.

It is definitely new since the shadowstep rework. Before, having a green target marker meant you could shadowstep there 100%. Now it’s inconsistent as hell in PvP.

Which is a same because you think they’d test on the six or so pvp maps before making such a change.

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

It’s definitely not new, but recently a lot worse since the map changes. Like extremely awful, where line of sight is obvious but it still does not work. Also … the Hotm Arena…ugh

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Call me noob but in the past few months I’ve been blinking in place while playing wvw because of the stupid bloated ui they added to top of screen.

in Thief

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

This happens a lot in WvW on the walls of the northern towers in the desert BL too.

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

I firmly believe the new maps and changes have created overlooked pathing errors

in Thief

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Pretty sure those pathing “errors” are intended.

Both Coliseum and Capricorn have conveniently placed boxes, that happen to be stacked in such a way that you can jump up them, and happen to break teleports. If that’s not intentional design I don’t know what is.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

one thing most people probably do to not know that shadow shot skills have extramly low hit box so if you ever use one always jump first an it lower the odd of it getting LOS.

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

one thing most people probably do to not know that shadow shot skills have extramly low hit box so if you ever use one always jump first an it lower the odd of it getting LOS.

Plus it looks a bit like Heartseeker. I jump+skill a lot, wvw maps especially around downed walls are a mess for pathing also, usually a #3 skill since those get hung up more often but also with things like shortbow 5 and other movement utility. I might look stupid sometimes but I don’t like getting stuck or falling short.

Kash
NSP

in Thief

Midi.8359

Pretty sure those pathing “errors” are intended.

Both Coliseum and Capricorn have conveniently placed boxes, that happen to be stacked in such a way that you can jump up them, and happen to break teleports. If that’s not intentional design I don’t know what is.

That much is obvious. But are you telling me the east / blue side of the platforms at Kyhlo’s clocktower is strategically designed almost never allow shadowsteps while the rest of the 3/4 do? Even when the mirror west / red side can always make these jumps? (There are some exact angles that work on blue side, I’ll give you that. But it’s still nothing compared to almost always working on red side)

Also on Kyhlo, you can almost always shortbow from area at the bottom of the stairs on the right leading to blue side home. But only about half the time can you shortbow from the area at the bottom of the stairs on the right leading the ride side home. Takes me 5-10s of moving left and right while continuously spamming sb to make the jump to red side home. While on blue side home I get it almost 100% of the time on the first time.

There’s also various completely walkable paths from point B to A / C, and vice-versa, on skyhammer that don’t work and bug me.

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

Anet changed / nerfed ports more and more over the years and the thief is a lot affected. I can’t keep a count on how many time i died because i had port failure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXx5eAkZNm8&list=PLJQAqlUS3qT9lmCzJMJIH9t4qZeaBbjjp&index=4&t=9s
watch the second issue on the video for more explaination

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

(edited by Saku Joe.2857)