Not Another childish nerf

in Thief

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Guys, we can all agree on that thiefs are FAR from OP……Thoese who complain because of that, normaly have not tried the thief.
-
Thoug everyone who do not have a thief as a main, can ALL agree on, that is boring/annoying/not fun at all, to fight a thief. Everyone mainly take the fight up, as soon as the thief go invis a few times, be4 thiefs get low in health in for example WvW people think….
“What is wrong with him? cant he see how boring it is to fight against that?”
I want A-net to change that, so all classes are fun to fight against.
-
You can argue, with that in Gw2, it never asks you to go directly up against any players, at all, if it does it is mainly sPvP and that does not ask you to touch anyone there either, just to def and remove ppl from the points, everything else will just get your team to lose, since you will leave your actual objective and team to fight another player.
But tbh, we take to WvW mainly for the pvp, even in big scales or small.
-
I wasnt there from the biggining, but A-Nets vision for stealth, was that it should be a rare thing, that would be used wisefully, some do use it wisely, others almost spam every stealth, they have. In other words, if they wanted it to be a rare and smart thing to use, it did not work.
-
Why do everyone hate to fight against a thief so much in WvW?
That one is simple, thiefs can stealth alot in Gw2, which means they can be everywhere all the time, and you cant see them when they come out of stealth ofc. That means that the actual combat will be annoying, but that is a minor thing, atleast for thoese who can AoE, everyone else prob hate this part alot more.
2. and probably the most important one is, that if you fight a thief, there is no fairness. If your about to win, the thief will ofc just run away by stealthing, which gives a thief a few secs headstart, which makes it just annoying, since you know that there is a slim chance to catch a thief=it is annoying.
There are more, thoug thiese are probably the most important once alot of people do not want to fight a thief.
-
DO NOT NERF THE THIEF.
thiefs are pretty easy to kill, only dumb people want to make a unuseble class. Your innovation is pretty great A-Net, thoug the class itself is a pain to fight against, please change it.
The only excuse for not doing so, is the “not needing to fight against anyone” card, or avoid thiefs.
-
Looks like alot of people have just given up by avoiding thiefs, or getting used to avoiding them completely in 1v1 fights, by pushing them away.
It needs to be changed, avoiding a class by running away from it as soon as it is a thief, or stealthing, is boring.
Hope you change this.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

D/P thieves using perma-stealth and massive init regen were OP at least in WvW. Practically nobody liked fighting against them and they could simply keep resetting the fight until an enemy was on cooldown. The only way to kill them was poor play or multiple mistakes on their part.

Evasion/Sword… yeah that sucks (at least for WvW). The other builds are likely going to see a minor improvement.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

zengara.8301

D/P thieves using perma-stealth and massive init regen were OP at least in WvW. Practically nobody liked fighting against them and they could simply keep resetting the fight until an enemy was on cooldown. The only way to kill them was poor play or multiple mistakes on their part.

Evasion/Sword… yeah that sucks (at least for WvW). The other builds are likely going to see a minor improvement.

That is true, it is mainly just annoying/boring to play against them.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Sry, but this is the first patch since the release, where I see not one nerf.

We get a higher ini reg, for long fights, and the problem with the permastealth seems to be finally fixed.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

Is this a joke- “Not one nerf”? If not, I think you should go back and read the notes a little more carefully.

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Is this a joke- “Not one nerf”? If not, I think you should go back and read the notes a little more carefully.

Give me an example for “a nerf”

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

We get a higher ini reg, for long fights, and the problem with the permastealth seems to be finally fixed.

Dude do you even play any s/x thief builds the added cast time is gonna almost destroy thiefs swords build. Also the reduction in vigor is going to greatly affect thiefs ability to stay in fights and keep up there sustain dmg.

Due to the the prevalence of aoe dmg and cc the ability to dodge in team fights is more useful than stealth. The baseline increase in initiative is nice but it didn’t come without its costs. Overall this upcoming patch will decrease the survivability and dmg output of a lot thief builds when it comes to group play.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Black Teagan.9215

Dude do you even play any s/x thief builds the added cast time is gonna almost destroy thiefs swords build. Also the reduction in vigor is going to greatly affect thiefs ability to stay in fights and keep up there sustain dmg.

Due to the the prevalence of aoe dmg and cc the ability to dodge in team fights is more useful than stealth. The baseline increase in initiative is nice but it didn’t come without its costs. Overall this upcoming patch will decrease the survivability and dmg output of a lot thief builds when it comes to group play.

S/P is my mainset, and I have so much evades that I cant count them.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

vincecontix.1264

S/P is my mainset, and I have so much evades that I cant count them.

Errm you do understand that a 1/4s cast time to infultrators return is a bad thing/nerf right?

Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Read the patchnotes. You’ll see it unless you are absolutely kittened.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Balancing a Imba skill = Nerf.

Everyone need Imba skills, otherwise they can NOT play the game.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Fun is purely subjective. I love fighting other Thieves, therefore your whole thread is wrong.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

zengara.8301

Fun is purely subjective. I love fighting other Thieves, therefore your whole thread is wrong.

It is purely objective, I looked at this on. I read it again, and cant see why this thread should be subjective?
I have to be sceptic on what you are writing to me, your saying that you like playing against a thief. Thoug, I guess your even thinking about 1 match, you recently had, or just that you only walk around in groups, which makes it hard for a thief to 1v1 you, which again makes your post invalid or atleast less valid, since your going towards that part saying that I can avoid them, or that I should go with a group to make thiefs fighting worth it.
In other words, your saying that I have to do something about this if I dont like it, not asking A-Net to change it. Thoug alot of people is not like/hating this form of stealth.
Not asking to nerf it, asking them to change it, they can simply change it, as well as removing a stone, just taking a bit longer, so dont make us choose between plague or cholera, when you can make something alot better.
Thoug looks like they are taking no part by saying “We did this unique form for stealth, you can still play it, thoug it will be less worthful than some of the others.” In other words, instead of changing it, they made it less worthful, it will be close to useless after that.
My little analysis, on their reaction to all of this

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

Thats one of the main problems in this forum … thats not a mature answer to his question.

I listed the obvious buffs and nerfs here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Balance-preview-breakdown-with-feedback/3137949

Nerfs are mainly reduced vigor duration and cast time for swords shadow return on sword.

The reduced initiative gain on traits is not a real nerf since the base regeneration is increased. It just changes that you dont need those traits anymore. they will become useless like the improvisation trait.

(edited by crouze.3078)

in Thief

Posted by: fakjuol.5349

fakjuol.5349

read again. there is huge nerf. just do your math;)

not one, not two

in Thief

vincecontix.1264

Thats one of the main problems in this forum … thats not a mature answer to his question.

I listed the obvious buffs and nerfs here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Balance-preview-breakdown-with-feedback/3137949

Nerfs are mainly reduced vigor duration and cast time for swords shadow return on sword.

The reduced initiative gain on traits is not a real nerf since the base regeneration is increased. It just changes that you dont need those traits anymore. they will become useless like the improvisation trait.

Azraelle was right though for anyone who read the patch notes the nerfs are are obvious. Whats even more funny Black Teagan first claims there is no nerf and then replies and say he mains sp which is going to be greatly affected by the patch.

Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: fakjuol.5349

fakjuol.5349

you basicaly cant go for perma stealth which is one way of playing thief..Less diversity. Perma stealth thief was no threath because low dmg. Lots of ppl crying because perma stealth has good escape mechanism but thats it..he can run;) Now nerf.. Thief has low hp pool, low armor, now we have evasion nerf – mobility and no more trolling in wvw. Where is the fun in it? Thief after this incoming patch will be good only for dungeons as STEALTH bot for ressing downed players. F******ing r*********ed nerfs.

not one, not two

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Rogues have always been the bane of MMOs.

They are not meant for group games – Rogues are inherently a solo class.

Play a Warrior.

in Thief

zengara.8301

Rogues have always been the bane of MMOs.

They are not meant for group games – Rogues are inherently a solo class.

Play a Warrior.

Please open your eyes, rogues are what you want them to be. Every “I want to get every single coin out of you/WoW copy”. Got this form for system. Guild Wars 2 is all about innovation, moving 1 type of game, that can be/do anything to another. Imagine WvW to truely be about strategic, like a group over 2 walls, where a zerg group is walking down there, then ppl shoot like a 1000 arrows down there to kill them all, or that they use every class, by saying that the thiefs stealth behind them, where the different commanders for each class can make a writing, then it will be signed like that green arrow in single player. Example:
Your a guardian, your walking with alot of people, then there will be a green arrow, and a note on your screen saying “Put armor on”. You see guardians group take front while sins take behind while rangers moves a bit.
Open your eyes, everything can be made in a game like this.
Now open your eyes and see how fair a thief can get.

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

you basicaly cant go for perma stealth which is one way of playing thief..Less diversity. Perma stealth thief was no threath because low dmg. Lots of ppl crying because perma stealth has good escape mechanism but thats it..he can run;) Now nerf.. Thief has low hp pool, low armor, now we have evasion nerf – mobility and no more trolling in wvw. Where is the fun in it? Thief after this incoming patch will be good only for dungeons as STEALTH bot for ressing downed players. F******ing r*********ed nerfs.

I disagree. Perma stealth thieves could still hit really hard, which is one reason it was so easy and hated. It really wasn’t a challenge.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

zengara.8301

I disagree. Perma stealth thieves could still hit really hard, which is one reason it was so easy and hated. It really wasn’t a challenge.

Yeah, they did truely hit hard, but I did not hope for a nerf, I hoped for improvements regarding the thiefs. That would just make 1 class unuseble, or less fun to play. I havent seen every class, but I think that we all are getting nerfed, or moved to a position where ANet wants us to be, I hope they know what they are doing

in Thief

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

They will become useless like the improvisation trait.

This is completely offtopic, but improv is actually a really good trait.