OP Buff of the Day: Trap on Dodge

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Yes, it’s time to buff the Thief into the demi-god mode!
Today’s buff is suited for those who call themselves trappers.

Lay a Tripwire trap on dodge that knocks enemies down for 1 second. No cooldown.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Mops.5316

Mops.5316

I don’t see how this could go wrong. /s

Rune
Trait

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Might as well call the profession the “MineField”.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Next elite spec confirmed. New weapon: Shovel.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Thief

Kageseigi.2150

I don’t see how this could go wrong. /s

Rune
Trait

Exactly the reason for the new trait! ;-D

Haha, I dueled another trapper Thief the other day in WvW for over an hour (multiple duels, that is). But we easily went 5-10 minutes every duel laying Needle Traps and Caltrops everywhere. It started to seem useless after he traited Hard to Catch and Don’t Stop, though! :-P

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I love scout like classes I mained scout in C9 a great game ruined by terrible company, trap thief was meh due to reliance on runes and nerfs, ranger and DH are not satisfying. I would love a proper “mine field” class that was the only reason I took unfortunate interest in DH.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

(Makes thief into solid snake uses p/d only)

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

That’s a hilariously awesome idea, although it’d need a 5-10s ICD to not be ridiculous imo.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

:|

Trait: Thief’s Rage
Function: Every attack applies 2-3 stacks of 15 seconds burning. Every targetable skill also causes 2-3 stacks of 15 seconds burning. (No ICDs)

(Stick this into w/e trait line and however many times across different trait lines as you wish.)

That would be my suggestion for an OP buff/gift.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Function: Every attack applies 2-3 stacks of 15 seconds burning. Every targetable skill also causes 2-3 stacks of 15 seconds burning. (No ICDs)

(Stick this into w/e trait line and however many times across different trait lines as you wish.)

Hmm…I think they should just passively stack burn on surrounding targets in a 900 unit radius. 3 stacks of 15 seconds per second sounds about right.

in Thief

ronpierce.2760

Hmm…I think they should just passively stack burn on surrounding targets in a 900 unit radius. 3 stacks of 15 seconds per second sounds about right.

And Eles STILL only have to dodge roll or swap to water and you get killed soon after. GG, nice try! L2NotSquish

in Thief

Kageseigi.2150

I like it, but it clearly does not resonate with the Thief profession. I think this would be more appropriate….

Thief’s Retribution
Every attack opens a wound causing Bleeding for 3 seconds.
Whenever the target is Bleeding, with the next attack, the Thief applies a generous dose of salt (made from its own tears) to the wound.
The Bleeding stops, but Burning from the salt is applied for 60 seconds.
Also, a non-stacking Packet of Salt is added to the target’s inventory. If there is no available space in the target’s inventory, then an item in its inventory will be stolen to make room for the Packet of Salt.

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

in Thief

blarghhrrkblah.3412

And Eles STILL only have to dodge roll or swap to water and you get killed soon after. GG, nice try! L2NotSquish

Well, since the burn application itself doesn’t do damage, it shouldn’t reveal us from stealth right? Ele’s don’t HAVE reveal so all we need to do is perma stealth around them and they are POWERLESS TO STOP US HAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA…right?

in Thief

ronpierce.2760

Well, since the burn application itself doesn’t do damage, it shouldn’t reveal us from stealth right? Ele’s don’t HAVE reveal so all we need to do is perma stealth around them and they are POWERLESS TO STOP US HAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA…right?

“Tempest still felt a bit weak, and because they deal with lightning, which lights up things, Tempests in air pulse 2 seconds of reveal, which stacks, every 1 second in a 600 radius. Also, because they control both fire and water, it didn’t make sense for burning to affect them.”

“Also blinding ashes ICD removed.”

in Thief

blarghhrrkblah.3412

“Tempest still felt a bit weak, and because they deal with lightning, which lights up things, Tempests in air pulse 2 seconds of reveal, which stacks, every 1 second in a 600 radius. Also, because they control both fire and water, it didn’t make sense for burning to affect them.”

“Also blinding ashes ICD removed.”

ANetpls

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Elite Spec: Evil Twin

As masters of disguise, Evil Twins forgo the theft of mundane items for something far more insidious. As an Evil Twin, you no longer gan a stolen item when you steal. In stead, you gain the ability to mimic the form of your target, though when you do so you have a goatee, and sharp eyes players and some new enemies in the expansion can cue in to this detail and see through your deception. This form mimics the name, shape, resource totals at the time of theft, and non-elite abilities of that target when used, and is dispelled automatically as soon as the thief uses any ability other than autoattack.

Sounds balanced right? You know, especially the part where you can appear green in PvP and gain a second HP pool, or mimic bosses in PvE! Also, the part where it forces everyone to buy gems to remove their facial hair

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

*+Thief’s Retribution+
Every attack opens a wound causing Bleeding for 3 seconds.
Whenever the target is Bleeding, with the next attack, the Thief applies a generous dose of salt (made from its own tears)

HAHAHAHAA

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

We need two buffs.

I would put this as minor baseline in cs..

Thiefs Insight: All attacks no longer trigger passive defensive abilities.

And the other as minor baseline in SA.

Sneaky thief: Stealth abilities remove reveal from all non self inflicted reveal debuffs.

These two buffs would fix thief imo. You could also add more reveal debuffs to other classes for more counter play…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Kageseigi.2150

We need two buffs.

I would put this as minor baseline in cs..

Thiefs Insight: All attacks no longer trigger passive defensive abilities.

And the other as minor baseline in SA.

Sneaky thief: Stealth abilities remove reveal from all non self inflicted reveal debuffs.

These two buffs would fix thief imo. You could also add more reveal debuffs to other classes for more counter play…

Umm, excuse me please, but I believe you are lost.
This is the “OP Buff” thread, not the “Realistic, this should actually happen” thread! ;-P

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

Trait: “Actually Steal something of worth”

When you steal to the target, steal 90% of all their Money, Karma, Laurels and any spare Gems they haven’t spent. Casting Steal now automatically types “/laugh @” in chat. Once you have stolen all of their currencies, teleport upto a maximum of 10,000 units away to the nearest Trading post to spend your newly hard-earned coin. If the Thief is killed within 10 seconds, then return the stolen goods.

You see, this has counterplay because all you’d need to do is carry around a “Summon Black Lion Trading Post” person and plonk it down whenever you see a Thief.

Anet pls hire me for balance team.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!