[PIC]22,215 damage. YUMMY

in Thief

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

22,215 in a second. Maybe less. Please explain how to counter this with no reaction time allowed?

Let me guess I didnt bring my anti thief build/traits/armor/skillzzz or I need to L2P ha

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

in a second? no way. not possible. L2C = learn to count (time) lol. srryall those take time to activate.

heres a high hit :P

in Thief

Travlane.5948

oh allso ur 100% zerk gear with low hp on a low defense class. thats half ur problem. just as fast as he killed you…you can kill him just as fast regardless of class.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Just use Elixir S as soon as he teleports to you, and the whole burst is countered.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

22,215 in a second. Maybe less. Please explain how to counter this with no reaction time allowed?

Considering he hit you with CnD twice, it had to have been 4-5 seconds. If you’re not capable of reacting at all in that large amount of time, I’m sorry, maybe WvW isn’t the place for you.

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Thief

Helcor.9527

oh allso ur 100% zerk gear with low hp on a low defense class. thats half ur problem. just as fast as he killed you…you can kill him just as fast regardless of class.

22,034 is low health lol

in Thief

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

You can do similar damage spamming grenades from 1500 range, and in aoe.

in Thief

Helcor.9527

Considering he hit you with CnD twice, it had to have been 4-5 seconds. If you’re not capable of reacting at all in that large amount of time, I’m sorry, maybe WvW isn’t the place for you.

Maybe, although I seem to do well against other professions LOL

in Thief

Travlane.5948

you should NOT be taking 10k backstabs unless ur running basically 0 defensive traits and 0 defensive armors. what are you running on this guy? zerk? rampagers? carrion?

in Thief

Helcor.9527

Not efficient

in Thief

Helcor.9527

you should NOT be taking 10k backstabs unless ur running basically 0 defensive traits and 0 defensive armors. what are you running on this guy? zerk? rampagers? carrion?

Carrion mainly. Still wayyyyyyy too much damage for literally a second

in Thief

Ghostwolf.9863

But not uncounterable, especially not by engineers.

in Thief

Helcor.9527

in a second? no way. not possible. L2C = learn to count (time) lol. srryall those take time to activate.

heres a high hit :P

This is worse than what happened to me, thanks for sharing this.

in Thief

dovrak.4376

Not efficient

Is not efficient using pistol offhand, or no reacting at all, post this in engineers forums, they will laugh at you. Engineers are probably the best 1v1 in this meta, you have to use your skills sadly, and gear properly.

in Thief

Helcor.9527

No reason I should have to worry MORE about a thief than any other profession

in Thief

Helcor.9527

Not efficient

Is not efficient using pistol offhand, or no reacting at all, post this in engineers forums, they will laugh at you. Engineers are probably the best 1v1 in this meta, you have to use your skills sadly, and gear properly.

ok no problem. Posting now

in Thief

Galsia.4102

“Maybe” and “seem to” both don’t sound awfully confident to me.
Perhaps you should consult the Engineer forums for advice with dealing with Thieves, I’m sure they’d be much more accommodating.

[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Thief

dovrak.4376

Not efficient

ok no problem. Posting now

Ok, also you’re running hgh I guess? Full elixirs means 0 control, plus no shield you’re naked utility side. You need control to kill burst classes, they rely on escapes.

in Thief

Helcor.9527

Perhaps you should consult the Engineer forums for advice with dealing with Thieves, I’m sure they’d be much more accommodating.

I can easily edit those words for you. Guess my confidence has been shaken by all that thief damage ;D So how do i counter this in less than a second im here to learn….

in Thief

Travlane.5948

No reason I should have to worry MORE about a thief than any other profession

in 1 v 1 you should fear them…. in 20 v 20 you shouldnt even pretend they are there lol. there is a huge difference. thieves are given the assassination style combat bc they literally cant fit in anywhere else.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I can easily edit those words for you. Guess my confidence has been shaken by all that thief damage ;D So how do i counter this in less than a second im here to learn….

you need 2 things…..have Elixir s and a stun break ready…..since they fixed rocket boots i have loved them ever since…very undrated skill. so yeah use stun breaks…anything that makes blinding area……blocks…. shield is amazing too …. if ur in wvw/pvp you should always have 1 evade 1 block 1 stun break…or basically 3 ways of defending a combo burst from any class. check on gforums there are some builds out there. generally speaking the engineer(on an experienced player) should always beat this style thief. just run and throw bombs behind u…. and game over most the time. few dodges….few cripples….. pffft no contest. or drop turrets and/or supply crate and hide in them. alot of the dmg gets transfe\red to them by accidental hits plus they give out lots of dmg too!

in Thief

Ghostwolf.9863

So how do i counter this in less than a second im here to learn….

Average reaction time for a normal human being is ~200 ms.

Elixir S as soon as you get stunned by Basilisk when he teleports to you.

After you have easily countered the killspike, CC him a bit with glue and stuff,
dodge his cloak and dagger to prevent him from restealthing. And the 1980 armor
and 11.8k hp thief quickly will melt to your dmg.

in Thief

Galsia.4102

You have no stats dedicated to countering burst. You mentioned in a post before that you run Carrion; Carrion gear offers Vitality, the stat for countering condition damage.

Toughness is the stat which mitigates burst. Since you appear to be aiming for a condition spec, the most popular set to use is Rabid gear, because it offers Precision for procing Incendiary Powder, Toughness for mitigating burst, and Condition Damage for what I feel I shouldn’t have to explain.

A Rabid set equipped with either Nightmare or Undead runes used in conjunction with a bomb spec is a very effective set for combating Thieves.

[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Thief

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

That build got the kitten nerfed out of it about 3 months ago.

in Thief

Xae.7204

[quote=2408456;Galsia.4102:]

in Thief

dovrak.4376

That build got the kitten nerfed out of it about 3 months ago.

It’s still strong imo. You have 0 utility though, which is why it always sucked.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I’m sorry, but are you seriously running dual pistol as your only weaponset? I would recommend swapping one of the elixers for a Grenade kit as it synergizes much better with Carrion, offering better Direct damage and Condition damage in AoE AND more on-crit condi procs. Then I would swap the offhand pistol for a shield and use it mainly as a defensive set for the 3,4,5 skills. Grenade kit tends to handle Thieves especially well since you can spam AoE’s around yourself and eat through their tiny HP pools while they try to position in stealth for a backstab.

This really does seem more appropriate for the Engy forums… Mostly a L2P thing.

in Thief

Helcor.9527

I’m sorry, but are you seriously running dual pistol as your only weaponset? I would recommend swapping one of the elixers for a Grenade kit as it synergizes much better with Carrion, offering better Direct damage and Condition damage in AoE AND more on-crit condi procs. Then I would swap the offhand pistol for a shield and use it mainly as a defensive set for the 3,4,5 skills. Grenade kit tends to handle Thieves especially well since you can spam AoE’s around yourself and eat through their tiny HP pools while they try to position in stealth for a backstab.

This really does seem more appropriate for the Engy forums… Mostly a L2P thing.

Already posted there…..only one comment

“Thieves are broken and overpowered. This is known.”

lol

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Are you happy now, that I linked you the previous thread? Search next time. Btw note the “the day I lose 1v1 against thief on my engineer is the day I uninstall GW2” comment. But of course, it’s not your skills that are lacking, it’s the class that is OP(the general noob belief).
/thread

in Thief

Xae.7204

Are you happy now, that I linked you the previous thread? Search next time. Btw note the “the day I lose 1v1 against thief on my engineer is the day I uninstall GW2” comment. But of course, it’s not your skills that are lacking, it’s the class that is OP(the general noob belief).
/thread

And of course it is never that people are playing an overpowered class. It is always that every other class is full of noobs.

in Thief

Helcor.9527

/thread

Thanks!!! I +1 your comment hopefully the devs will see this

in Thief

Helcor.9527

/thread

And of course it is never that people are playing an overpowered class. It is always that every other class is full of noobs.

Yeah dont you know L2P yet?

22,215 damage is normal in less than a second with no constructive advice. Still HOW? At least post how you achieve this damage thieves……

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

/thread

All classes are full of noobs. Whenever I’m in wvw my 1st target is another thief b/c they are generally free kills. If instead of complaining all the time you’d see just how easy it is to kill thieves. The 1st day I went out in wvw with my engi I met a minion necro. They all died instantly to my stupid amounts of aoe. After that a backstab thief and a warrior jumped me (immediately after the necro). It wasn’t even close. They got annihilated so hard it wasn’t even funny. Engi just constantly drops aoes so it’s thief hell.

Moral of the story, if you’re complaining about a class being op, odds are either the class was built directly to counter your build (ala counter-play NOT op) or else the player complaining is just terrible.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Pavel.8531

I have met such thieves, prior to playing one (even prior to the haste nerf, so it was a real “GC 1 hit” build), on my guard. Ok, they were doing 15k to my guard (17k hp/3.1k armor) with their full burst combo. After that, I pop heal, and they run because they are “out of gas”. Once I knew how this combo worked, I was taking less than 9k, because of rightly timed positioning/stun breaks/evades/blocks/blinds.

in Thief

Xae.7204

It is worth pointing out that an Engineer with no HP gear/talents ends up just over 15k HP.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

There is this thing call “Situational Awareness”…

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Since you posted this in then engi forum and came back and only mentioned the guy saying “thief op” instead of the discussion where they covered this more than a month ago, here is the link that mask posted at the time. A good step by step instructional video that counters a large portion of thief tactics and counterplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B4mbYlRiJw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Xae.7204

Since you posted this in then engi forum and came back and only mentioned the guy saying “thief op” instead of the discussion where they covered this more than a month ago, here is the link that mask posted at the time. A good step by step instructional video that counters a large portion of thief tactics and counterplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B4mbYlRiJw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That video undermines your point, it was a running joke on the PvP forums.

It is against the same bad thief who does nothing but auto attack spam, not use mug and doesn’t even heal against a specialized Anti-Thief build.

And still almost wins.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

/thread

Yeah dont you know L2P yet?

22,215 damage is normal in less than a second with no constructive advice. Still HOW? At least post how you achieve this damage thieves……

sacrifice all healing potential and sacrifice all defense…..have 10.8k hp and hope / pray you dont find more than 1 person or you are dead just as fast.

in Thief

dovrak.4376

That video undermines your point, it was a running joke on the PvP forums.

It is against the same bad thief who does nothing but auto attack spam, not use mug and doesn’t even heal against a specialized Anti-Thief build.

And still almost wins.

It’s a joke that an engineer has to make a video to actually take down a thief, when they’re a counter actually. Also that enginner was running weird stuff like med kit and mines….. and it’s from april, pre massive thieves nerfs, like mug.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yeah engi should always have a chance at beating thief IF they are good.

in Thief

Xae.7204

yeah engi should always have a chance at beating thief IF they are good.

So, Good Engie “has a chance” against a Terrible thief?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

good engie has a chance against any thief. if ur talking about a bad thief…then even they can pester a decent player but shouldnt win. thieves are really not that hard to beat if u are set up for 1 v 1. problem is most players dont set up for 1 v 1….they set up for group play…..BUT thieves CANT really do well in group play so they set up for 1 v 1. so in essence 95% of the time you have SOLO build (thief) vs GROUP build (any other class) and its obvious who the winner SHOULD be. these are variables that arent considered when facing a roamer. ……. u can change ur build around to deal with it then ull be less of use in teh group……u pick what you wanna do as a player or u could just do what wvw is meant for and keep the group build and just not run by yourself :O……crazy thinking here i know lol. (not directed at you….just haters in general)

in Thief

Pavel.8531

Xae, I admit, the skill threshold of thieves differs a lot than this of an engi – even terrible thieves can be devastating vs medium and less skilled players(especially if they don’t know how thief skills work), but good engis will beat bad/medium thieves every time and even good ones in most cases. Strange, huh – low skill – Thief wins. Medium – Thief. Above medium – Engi. Imo (based on 1v1 encounters with engi roamers) Engineer is the best “anti thief” counter, even worse than Guardian in good hands.

in Thief

Posted by: Raidium.3916

Raidium.3916

Well, If you were sitting still of course it take seconds to down you… I hope you know you have access to WASD/2 rolls/stun breaks to react.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Quit claiming that this damage happened in a second. You already had it explained to you that the Thief hitting you with two Cloak and Dagger’s means that it was 4 seconds at the very least. If you, as an Engineer, the class that troubles Thieves the most, can’t counter his burst in FOUR SECONDS then not only is WvW not for you, all PvP in GW2 isn’t for you.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

It is worth pointing out that an Engineer with no HP gear/talents ends up just over 15k HP.

Lets trade then, a thief with no hp gear/talents ends up at 10.8k. I’ll take over 4k free hp if you dont want it

in Thief

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

What is your armor number? It has to be very mediocre for a thief to deal 10k backstab dmg to you.. You may have high hp but tour health will quickly drop even against a bunker spec player if you don’t have armor follow by heals to sustain.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Thief

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

less than a second

Why do you keep saying this? I see 2 CnD, which have .5 second activation times each, an auto attack chain which is over 2 seconds, and some other random stuff. This fight lasted at least 3 seconds, which is more than enough time for you have hit hit a stun break/shield block/etc that engineers have tons of access to.

This is clearly a L2P issue, as most engineers dont have much trouble dealing with most thieves.

engi vs 2 thieves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRg3r9KHGtA

engi vs s/d thief
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZfmE_0xtkk

engi vs d/d thief
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMdcB6Ssd38

Maybe these will help you.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

yeah, please delete the game too