People hates thief so much why?

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

After the patch our survival has been nerfed to the ground.

And build diversity is more less+not as effective like before.

Ofc we may hit harder than before but others can do too and they have more better survival than us.

YET there is more complain qq from necro forum that ask reveal debuff upon entering shroud just because they are having hard time against pu mesmers. I just dont even understand why they hate stealth. Just because of no counter? I dont think so u can still win the duel against stealthed thief or mesmer and that comes from a knowledge/experience of dueling , playing pvp/wvw and seems like some people doesnt even know how to play their own class and yet qq.

Well i do agree PU mesmers and overall they are a bit too strong atm but that doesnt mean more profession should get reveal debuffs especially when thief has been nerfed hard out already it will make us even more bad.

I do have all professions except the ranger and engi and from my perspective view thief is not a master class. But people think thief is like a god class that can dominate everything.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Why-so-much-complain-from-necroes/page/2#post5284213

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/We-should-see-invisible-enemies-during-shroud/page/2#post5284161

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

PU is a brokenly OP trait now. Remember when thief could permastealth with that trait that gave ini on every stealth application? And then they nerfed the trait to only apply when entering stealth. And then they removed the trait altogether. All this because they thought permastealthing was a cheesy way to fight.

And then they gave PU +100% duration on stealth letting Mesmer do what d/p could do a long time ago :/

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

PU is a brokenly OP trait now. Remember when thief could permastealth with that trait that gave ini on every stealth application? And then they nerfed the trait to only apply when entering stealth. And then they removed the trait altogether. All this because they thought permastealthing was a cheesy way to fight.

And then they gave PU +100% duration on stealth letting Mesmer do what d/p could do a long time ago :/

mesmer is a joke in it’s current state, on paper it’s probably by far the strongest class in game

in Thief

Posted by: Scolix.4879

Scolix.4879

I dislike thiefs because of two things

1. Ricochet was taken away as i loved playing double pistol thief it was straight nerf to my fun and enjoyment of the entire profession

2. I suck at pvp so encountering something that can oneshot me just kills the fun for me and thief is the most annoying for me as most of the times they just faceroll me before i even see them.

in Thief

Posted by: Reinn.7436

Reinn.7436

Because no ones loved the thrill of the chase as much as we do:

Think about it, you unload all of your skills and beautiful spells against a thief, trying to kill her. And then, from one moment she vanishes in an instant, on a split second you can feel your hatred as you see her from afar chopping a tree without any dent on her armor at all.

Then she vanished again…

…But where is she going? She could be going straight to a camp, running away, or maybe mining another node…

…or perhaps, she’s stalking you from behind?

Frustration, and anger rushes through your veins when you know you can’t do anything but feel her cold embrace and feint whispers on your ears…

And then you shout, “there’s no honor among thieves!”

But even in the face of death, they have their own principles that they follow.

“Even thieves have principles to follow.”

-Chinese Proverb.

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I do not hate thief profession: i hate Arena net challenge philosophy of reward without risk. The latest evidence is with the mesmer profession: do you see it? Arena net is using the same: ‘reward without risk’ philosophy with the mesmer profession.

If anyone can not see the evidence: i will help you see it.

1. Stealth
Stealth: reset fight, no risk

2. Burst
Burst: exterme damage, instant kill, no risk

3. Mobility
Did Arena net say they make adjustment to mobility?
Unlimitted access to run away from risk, reset fight, no risk

4. Teleport
Did Arena net make adjustment to teleport?
Reset fight, instant unlimitted access to teleport away from risk

4. Condition
Condition is not counter!, unlimitted access to stack condition, no risk

5. Acccess to Extreme Damage with little cooldown or no cool-down
Obviously, bad design because only reward with no risk,

6, Counterplay
No counterplay, no risk

and more….

Do you see the pattern?

Thief with reward with no risk, now is mesmer wih reward with no risk? It not only that, Arena net make mesmer a perfect copy of thief? Yes! like creating a Super Power Elite Army?

So before i write this, i test mesmer in wvw using stealth.. i was able to run into a enemy zerg: 10-15+ players and not get counter at all. I read before that memser can do same like thief stealth so i tried it and i was surprised.

Last i tried thief with stealth and change profession: same thing happen but i was reveal because i did not use strategy of timing stealth.

Here is difference with mesmer and thief

1. Thief is hard to play to be perfect
2. Mesmer is very easy to play to be perfect

That is only difference.

1 profession is hard to play but get same results: reward without risk-with less risk
The other profession is not hard to play and get same results: reward without risk

Conclusion:

I do not hate mesmer, thief or any profession, I hate Arena net reward without no risk or with less risk design philosphy.

The only solution i have is for Arena net to see the truth that reward without risk-with less risk will never work and will result in destroying the game and their players because it only result in toxic.

Toxic is not challenging, fun, do not work hard, make effort or take any risk. It purpose is to destroy fun and spread Hate. That is what is happening and happening for 1-2years+.

Arena net is responsible for making the game healthy, challenging, and fun with hard-work and with hard-effort..

That is all.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Thief

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

I dislike thiefs because of two things

1. Ricochet was taken away as i loved playing double pistol thief it was straight nerf to my fun and enjoyment of the entire profession

2. I suck at pvp so encountering something that can oneshot me just kills the fun for me and thief is the most annoying for me as most of the times they just faceroll me before i even see them.

Respectable. I’m just so tired of hearing Thief is not worth playing solely because of the Ricochet nerf. But I understand, if it was your bread and butter. I’ve never had a thief 1 shot me as a thief, but my pvp build isn’t glass, it’s more s/d with acro and endo upkeep / stunbreakers.

Just keep in mind that Thieves will only stealth when they get near the combat.

They’ll also only ever really jump you with Basilisk venom, which is why it’s crucial to know
a) where they are on the field or how close to a pivotal fight they are and
b) when they disappear, because you HAVE to have your stunbreaker ready for that initial first hit. Steal breaks stun, so does inf signet. Easiest thing to do is lay a target on them and watch for it to disappear.

Pop one of your stun breakers after the first initial burst and then dodge and fight. D/P thieves are nasty though for sure, they can just re-stealth after you pop that stuff, so you’ve gotta
- stay mobile or stealth when they do or negate their stealth by using
basilisk venom before they even jump you
(so that when you use your stun breaker, you whack them and then lay into them. They’re way too squishy as D/P to generally survive those few seconds they are stunned… and most don’t utilize stun-breakers in their build.)

If you’re glass cannon yourself, it’s honestly whoever lands the first hit.

Edit: This is coming from a Thief vs. Thief scenario, but some of this info can definitely help others on other professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

The necro QQ comes from glass cannon built necros who can’t come to terms with zerker/sinister not being the optimal stat combo.

Thieves need to be able to actually fight. As a necro thieves constantly try to sneak combo me down only to get me to maybe half health before I well/fear/dodge/plague/deathshroud. They then run away as the tactic failed.

My thief runs support right now. Sword/gun & SB Pvt perma stealth and lots of blinds. It’s not good, but I’m just not feeling like running zerker D/D. My thief is my 4th alt and will probably stay that way.

in Thief

Posted by: Kevin.5980

Kevin.5980

I think the necro complain is against mesmer’s stealth not against thief. 3 life blast from necro would down a thief in pvp. Not including condi burst/transfer they could do, dont think necro has any issues against thief.

Thief do need some buff on survival, i feel so weak when i got down by just one WW from warrior from near full hp lol.

in Thief

MidoriMarch.8067

I think the necro complain is against mesmer’s stealth not against thief. 3 life blast from necro would down a thief in pvp. Not including condi burst/transfer they could do, dont think necro has any issues against thief.

Thief do need some buff on survival, i feel so weak when i got down by just one WW from warrior from near full hp lol.

Yeah but the problem is those necroes want the reveal debuff upon entering shroud because of only reason they are having hard time vs mesmers which isnt only necro’s problem. and because of that thief will be even more weaker once more profession gets reveal debuff. It’s just not right to have so many reveal debuffs on so many professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Kevin.5980

Kevin.5980

Yup true, it defeats the whole purpose of stealth. I dont think any profession should have any reveal debuff, but instead make it to show the trail of the stealth player like spectral walk etc.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Yeah but the problem is those necroes want the reveal debuff upon entering shroud because of only reason they are having hard time vs mesmers which isnt only necro’s problem. and because of that thief will be even more weaker once more profession gets reveal debuff. It’s just not right to have so many reveal debuffs on so many professions.

I think all classes should have access to stealth debuff but not how it works in its current form. If the debuff only removed invisibility but kept all other things that come with stealth (stealth skills, SA traits etc), it wouldn’t be such as iWin against a thief as it is currently. One thing I never understood, why class such as engi, which has no problem vs thief, got reveal to use.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

You can still perma stealth with sr, D/P and stealth heal.

in Thief

Posted by: Reinn.7436

Reinn.7436

Update:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Two-thieves-at-once-death/first#post5289852

There is this guy complaining about thieves because he was alone and two thieves ganked him 2v1.

The hate is real, guys.

“Even thieves have principles to follow.”

-Chinese Proverb.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Update:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Two-thieves-at-once-death/first#post5289852

There is this guy complaining about thieves because he was alone and two thieves ganked him 2v1.

The hate is real, guys.

Well, at least it’s moved from “thief can kill me, please nerf!” to “Thieves run away too well, please nerf!” to finally “Two thieves bursting me can kill me, please nerf!”
-.-’

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look it is not complex. Combat stealth is, was, and likely forever will be a cheese and bad mechanic in the eyes of the majority of the community. It promotes a counter play most people simply do not enjoy. Thief in general gets hate as a class for insane burst and the capability to disengage at will stealth or not. This is probably unfair but thief does not have much aoe, support (I mean real support), or the diversity of other classes. In short the hate is real but there are some real trade offs.

I would ignore the hate though. thief is one of the few classes accepted in every aspect of the game.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Thief

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

It’s my fav but the mechanic is hated on in every MMO. Sins in GW1, Stalkers in CoH and Wildstar, Rogues in WoW and AoC, Witch Hunter in WAR, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

I get it as they are often horribly designed and even more horribly implemented. Most game devs seem to focus on Warrior/Monk/Ranger and Mage classes first and foremost and everything else is the kittened cousin nobody wants to deal with hence the stealthy glass cannon class is normally broken at release and never truly fixed or completed.

Usually they just get nerfed to the point of death even though fans of the class like me will play them…self-gimping or not.

At the end of the day nobody likes to be ganked. It doesn’t matter if the ganker can be killed in one hit if the victim has any semblance of skill or awareness. The majority just hate the fact that if played well, outside bad or broken design, another player can “bamf” kill them “bamf” gone.

There is also the issue that most devs seem to design them from the ground up as a PvP specific class which tends to make them inferior in PvE which just adds more hate from the general community as while everyone else is able to finish the game spamming an auto attack the “Thief/Rogue/Glass Cannon/Whatever” class drops dead as soon as a mob farts on them. As for gated content that requires grouping…yeah…welcome to being last on the list to get an invite to that party.

This is now deeply ingrained into MMO dogma and the overall psyche of the genres player-base.

Personally I just love the play style but yeah…I get why they are hated on.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

in Thief

MidoriMarch.8067

I dont even understand.

Thief cannot perma stealth unless u use d/p

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

It’s my fav but the mechanic is hated on in every MMO. Sins in GW1, Stalkers in CoH and Wildstar, Rogues in WoW and AoC, Witch Hunter in WAR, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

I get it as they are often horribly designed and even more horribly implemented. Most game devs seem to focus on Warrior/Monk/Ranger and Mage classes first and foremost and everything else is the kittened cousin nobody wants to deal with hence the stealthy glass cannon class is normally broken at release and never truly fixed or completed.

Usually they just get nerfed to the point of death even though fans of the class like me will play them…self-gimping or not.

At the end of the day nobody likes to be ganked. It doesn’t matter if the ganker can be killed in one hit if the victim has any semblance of skill or awareness. The majority just hate the fact that if played well, outside bad or broken design, another player can “bamf” kill them “bamf” gone.

There is also the issue that most devs seem to design them from the ground up as a PvP specific class which tends to make them inferior in PvE which just adds more hate from the general community as while everyone else is able to finish the game spamming an auto attack the “Thief/Rogue/Glass Cannon/Whatever” class drops dead as soon as a mob farts on them. As for gated content that requires grouping…yeah…welcome to being last on the list to get an invite to that party.

This is now deeply ingrained into MMO dogma and the overall psyche of the genres player-base.

Personally I just love the play style but yeah…I get why they are hated on.

~100%+1~

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)