Permastealth using walls, legit?

in Thief

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Defiantly not intended. There is a cap on stealth so it’s not very practical normally but for hiding in an enemy keep to rez a dead Mesmer it’s pretty bad. That’s about it.

This. Ive seen Stonemist get lost this way, and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Its an exploit, plain and simple. It`s used by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers. If the devs intended you to stack 15+ seconds stealth you`d not have had the revealed buff (debuff?) in the game.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Everyone is looking into this way to deeply. To “exploit” all you have to do is the following.

1-Find a wall/bridge
2-Stand near the wall/bridge or on top of
3-Have a dagger in your off hand slot
4-Press your fifth skill slot
5-????
6-Profit!

Honestly writing out those steps almost make it seem like there is some real trick to it. All your doing is using CnD on or near a wall. Your not crafting some high end materials and making massive profit. The players aren’t going around killing everyone in sight with one shot.

Once again this has been around since beta. It has been seemingly well known to anyone who has played a thief long enough or bothered to try using their skills to the fullest extent.

I see Guild Wars 2 as a sandbox game where the developers set forth the rules of how we should conduct ourselves. Now of course they don’t want the marketplace skewed by some unreasonable item glitches or anything else. But when the rules of how the game works aren’t even explained and all we got was a simple fold out with hot keys on it and what classes can hold what I hardly see the issue with thinking outside the box and applying skills to their fullest means.

We have waited days now for a response from the developers and with myself months. I feel if this was some great issue of exploitation then I wouldn’t be posting on these forums right now and a emergency patch would have taken place fixing this issue. If the issue was like the siege trading then they would at least respond to someone’s thread with an official response stating that they see it as an exploit and further use would be treated as one. But the reality is they haven’t.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Considering they went out of their way to make it so you couldn’t stay perfectly invisible indefinitely, there was always SOME indication you were there, I think it blatantly obvious that it is NOT intended.
If you can’t see that then you’re just as blind as those who thought the snowflake exploit was legit.

in Thief

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Considering they went out of their way to make it so you couldn’t stay perfectly invisible indefinitely, there was always SOME indication you were there, I think it blatantly obvious that it is NOT intended.
If you can’t see that then you’re just as blind as those who thought the snowflake exploit was legit.

Just to correct you, it is blatantly obvious that someone or something is inside the tower/keep since it shows it is under attack constantly….

Are you sure? I thought something had to get damaged to count as under attack.

in Thief

Posted by: skupuz.6940

skupuz.6940

Just to correct you, it is blatantly obvious that someone or something is inside the tower/keep since it shows it is under attack constantly….

Just tried it and it doesn’t work. No indication of someone being there.

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Just tried it and it doesn’t work. No indication of someone being there.

I was just about to confirm that it doesn’t show at all. But you do see swords the moment they attack anything at all.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Thief

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

The only reason you’re not becoming revealed is the fact that Walls can’t be damage with Weapons.

Its an inherent flaw they didn’t think of when they came up with the Revealed buff for Thieves.

Trying to act like its not an exploit is silly.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Thief

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

To determine if there is someone still in the tower, check to be sure if you are still in combat. If you are, then that is your clue as to a stealthed thief being in the area.

Love

in Thief

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

To determine if there is someone still in the tower, check to be sure if you are still in combat. If you are, then that is your clue as to a stealthed thief being in the area.

Well duh, that’s not the issue, Issue is catching the buggers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos