Please Nerf Shortbow 5

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

If that’s what it takes to fix this class, please do it. I’ve had enough…when 2 nercos can beat you using staff…that’s where I hit my limit. I see burn stacks on me I must IMMEDIATELY disengage. No other class suffers from this crap. I’ve been patient but when HoT comes thief will be done in pvp. I don’t understand why I can only decap empty spots, any class I face just swats me like a fly…just becomes depressing.

Why was EVERYONE’S sustain and damaged buffed while thief was nerfed in many ways it is…..Let a dev just queue up for pvp and see how it plays. On top of all this the patch notes were just insulting…..

Sorry that my thoughts are all over the place…but I can’t stand by waiting for a “fix” anymore.

Attachments:

(edited by Lyger.5429)

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

No thanks. It shouldn’t take gutting our mobility to improve other aspects of our class. That is one of the primary draws of thief imo. If I didn’t care about mobility, I’d be playing a different class.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Lyger.5429

No thanks. It shouldn’t take gutting our mobility to improve other aspects of our class. That is one of the primary draws of thief imo. If I didn’t care about mobility, I’d be playing a different class.

I agree but why the kitten is anet so indifferent about that class. The argument is that you can’t have both mobility and 1v1 potentially. Its so bs though other classes can fill so many roles why must we be cursed with ONE.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Because lower skill players have issues with stealth. “Omg perma stealth thief 20k backstab and resets with full hp any time I hit him.”

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Christonya.3856

Christonya.3856

Nerf the only thing that makes thief good ?

You are aware if they nerfed it, we wouldn’t get buffed to compensate and the one and only thing we can accomplish right now would be gone and we would become the worst class in the game by an overwhelming margin.

That and, SB 5 isn’t a problem. The problem is we don’t have another support weapon for our swap AKA if acrobatics… I mean DD, had been some thing like shadow caster and staff had been a caster / support weapon………

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Lyger.5429

Nerf the only thing that makes thief good ?

You are aware if they nerfed it, we wouldn’t get buffed to compensate and the one and only thing we can accomplish right now would be gone and we would become the worst class in the game by an overwhelming margin.

That and, SB 5 isn’t a problem. The problem is we don’t have another support weapon for our swap AKA if acrobatics… I mean DD, had been some thing like shadow caster and staff had been a caster / support weapon………

If Anet did decided to nerf sb5 and did not compensate there would be riots. I feel like they are sacred of touching this class because they don’t fully understand it.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Hmm, it won’t solve the main issue, but it could help out in the current situation…

BUFF Shortbow 5! :-D

When you shadowstep, remove a condition! :-)

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

When you shadowstep, remove a condition! :-)

This should be a trait.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

If Anet did decided to nerf sb5 and did not compensate there would be riots. I feel like they are sacred of touching this class because they don’t fully understand it.

I’d like a compensation for the revealed skills. And I don’t think that even riots would be heard
And I agree with the OP actually – if SB were nerfed no thieves would be in pvp and it might become obvious that something with the class is fundamentely wrong. But to be honest that’s the case for a lot of the classes and I’d like the balance team to sit down, look at some pvp matches, look at all numbers and traits of all classes and balance the kitten out of everything.

That being said, I’m fine with thief requiring more skill. I just can’t live with being a lootbag.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Nerfing Shortbow #5 is a bad way to put it, as it would indeed lead to the extinction of Thieves in PvP overnight.

Shortbow #5 does seem to be the design fulcrum we are designed around, though, and seems to be their rationale for not giving us increased durability, boon generation, condition cleansing, etc. I’d gladly lose it if it came packaged with boosts in those areas.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

So let’s assume they nerf sb5, knowing anet it will take them at least year to actually make any changes….

Do you really want to wait so long? You think other will?

And just out of curiosity, what do you think thief will do after sb5 gets nerfed? Bruiser? They were never ment for it… Bunker? lol….. You want to be another sf ele? I personally don’t.

Sb5 isn’t reason why thieves are in sad state right now, reason is endless qq from players that never touched thief class and devs having 0 interest in this class.

The class was in ok spot before spec patch, nobody cried about sb5…. the real thing what happend is:
devs from other classes went for powercreep
our dev went for balance in vacuum

0 communication in dev team would lead to that.

But i guess constant repeated mantra that thieves supposed to be weak because of mobility srsly got branded into some heads. Look around, we are only class with huge opportunity costs and trades off. And we are still sitting here being humble and asking to nerf us for some measy buffs that will place us even worse than where we are???? Wow.

That is like a man having no legs asking to cut off his arms as well so he finally can get phone to use voice activation…..

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Oh they will probably nerf it….

And buff our trap damage by 20%.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Shadowstep.6049

Oh they will probably nerf it….

And buff our trap damage by 20%.

that^^

Anyone who played this game for long time knows exactly which kind of “buffs” Anet gives thieves.

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Amante.8109

So let’s assume they nerf sb5, knowing anet it will take them at least year to actually make any changes….

Do you really want to wait so long? You think other will?

Like I said, it would be a bad change to make on its own and I doubt anyone really wants that. It would have to come packaged with other changes or it would be a straight up butchering of the Thief profession.

And just out of curiosity, what do you think thief will do after sb5 gets nerfed? Bruiser? They were never ment for it… Bunker? lol….. You want to be another sf ele? I personally don’t.

While I don’t agree with their perspective, ArenaNet seems to think Thieves shouldn’t have access to things nearly every other profession does, like reliable boon generation, condition removal, and the ability to take a hit without exploding when Endurance inevitably runs out. Are you saying you don’t want these things?

Sb5 isn’t reason why thieves are in sad state right now, reason is endless qq from players that never touched thief class and devs having 0 interest in this class.

The class was in ok spot before spec patch, nobody cried about sb5…. the real thing what happend is:
devs from other classes went for powercreep
our dev went for balance in vacuum

0 communication in dev team would lead to that.

No disagreement here. Who do you think you’re arguing against, though? Are these people in the room RIGHT NOW?

But i guess constant repeated mantra that thieves supposed to be weak because of mobility srsly got branded into some heads. Look around, we are only class with huge opportunity costs and trades off. And we are still sitting here being humble and asking to nerf us for some measy buffs that will place us even worse than where we are???? Wow.

You might want to take a breath and step back, as you’re getting awfully emotional about this. Everyone here wants the Thief profession to be powerful and fun to play, even if some aren’t the best at articulating their thoughts on how this might be accomplished.

And no, I don’t think increases to core Thief durability and versatility would be “measly”. You say Thief isn’t meant to be a bruiser or bunker, yet nearly every other profession has solid enough builds in this department. Why shouldn’t Thief?

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

You inspired me with an idea! :-D
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Solution-to-the-QQing-about-Thieves/

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Shadowstep.6049

@Amante.8109: so what would it be then? Another warrior?

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Think of other games that have a “thief”… Most of the time they have great passive defenses relatively on par with other classes.

Thief has a little too much emphasis on surviving via dodging or stealth. Take a look at other games and how the “thief” functions there, they aren’t another warrior.

Join the TEEFs!

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Amante.8109

Higher passive durability would not suddenly turn Thief into Warrior. A better comparison would to look at professions like Ele (which shares the same health pool as Thief) and Mesmer: despite being “squishy” thematically, they have a lot more access to passive durability through traits and other sources than Thief does.

It is my belief that the vast majority of the problems Thief currently faces in PvP are centered around this lack of durability. That ArenaNet thinks we can survive on stealth and evasion alone says a lot about how out of touch they are with the realities of PvP.

(edited by Amante.8109)

Please Nerf Shortbow 5

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

That ArenaNet thinks we can survive on stealth and evasion alone says a lot about how out of touch they are with the realities of PvP.

Well, they’re kind of in touch and have their own accepted reality. That being that thief is a great +1’er and decapper. So, no need in durability outside of evades and stealth since the thief shouldn’t be fighting much.

Join the TEEFs!