Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: newsnews.3041

newsnews.3041

Btw looking for pve build mainly and a pvp build so when I decide to go the mist.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Any update builds on thief? Made my first lvl80 ranger but now I want to try the theif. Been looking around at different sites and forum but I just see old outdated ones. Are these the builds still being used?

I have a post on a D/D build that can perform well in any situation if your are interested check it out

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: newsnews.3041

newsnews.3041

Any update builds on thief? Made my first lvl80 ranger but now I want to try the theif. Been looking around at different sites and forum but I just see old outdated ones. Are these the builds still being used?

I have a post on a D/D build that can perform well in any situation if your are interested check it out

Sure would love to check it out

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Hello thiefs, can I get you to atleast take a look to the following thread?:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Nerf-this-nerf-that-1/first#post5308483

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

This is the build I’ve been messing around with the past few weeks. Pretty much just general PvE build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVl0MhSnY3TwxJQ/EH0E1+BGuK0HGpRZoDgJMCA-TRCBABRtgwWKNQTJ4oq/AxJAALlZA8AAyTPgT7HAA-e
Decided to spec into DA/CS/Trickery and forgo the dedicated defensive lines. My plan was to play around with critical strike chance and getting it up to 100% (ended up being 101% with Fury, Health>90%, and positioning to attack from back/side).

I prefer not-so-glassy builds so got 2 captain’s rings for +200 Toughness and Invigorating Precision. The IP trait works wonders when crit chance is between 90-100% and is really what makes this build fun and sustainable for me.

As far as the skill bar, D/P-3 and Steal are the entry and Withdraw & Shadowstep are exits. Shadow Refuge is just too cool so I pretty much take it on every build if I can. The power signet I usually take for most things but I’ll swap it for Roll for Init if I’m doing something I want a little more defense for.

As far as condi cleanse, trickster traited Withdraw is usually enough for PvE stuff. Any remaining condis it doesn’t get rid of are usually out-healed with IP until it’s duration ends. Of course anything can be tweaked to fit different play style preferences.

It’s not some min-maxed full zerk build but 2.5k Power and crit chance with fury (14 second duration with Thrill of the Crime & Unrelenting Strikes) being pretty much 100%, it still hits pretty hard and isn’t completely helpless in sustain. Cheers!

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Hellwrath.5081

Hellwrath.5081

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Hellwrath.5081

Hellwrath.5081

I will post build on youtube.
Playing with my thief in a small pvp.
https://youtu.be/-bHK3eVslSQ

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: GreenPhoenix.2943

GreenPhoenix.2943

This is the build I’ve been fiddling around with:
gw2skills.net/editor/?vZQQNAoYVl8MhinYhTwzJQ/EHaFlvC6gnb3i3Vy1LgZMAA-TxBBABA8kCyS5HN7P03pUAR9Njq+zZKBDAcAMchL8wJ8wDP81Xf91Xf9Ge4hHe4hDA-e

The idea I’ve been trying to toy with is getting to 100% crit chance without using consumables. I also make use of permafury and keen observer to reduce the need for precision. Lastly, I threw in toughness vitality and power where I could while still keeping the ability to go 100% crit

For those who don’t want to be running two signets I also have a build around the same idea, but without the signet of agility.
gw2skills.net/editor/?vZQQNAoYVl8MhinYnTw0JQ/EHaFlvC6gnb3i3Vy1LgZMAA-TRCBABbpMovTpwoq/AwTKILlG0s/QZKxQUfjkKBDAcAMchL8wJ8wDP81Xf91Xf9Ge4hHe4hDA-e

Additional Ideas are welcome!

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

PvP

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqa4al0MhenY5Tw0Jw/EHIFlPGCiNg3ABwCsjyNbKB-TpBBABfcEAMa/BAeAAkXGYjDCAEnAAA

Difficulty : High / Potential : High
Power P/P-D/P Assassin Trick Thief
(Burst Roamer)
Read top to bottom
Critical Strike 3-2-1
Shadow Arts 3-2-2
Trickery 2-2-1
Assassin Amulet
Rune of Rage
P/P-D/P
Accuracy/Air – Energy/Rage
Withdraw/Roll of Initiative/Blinding Powder/Shadow Step/Basilisk Venom

Ill start off with the biggest DPS rotation. Start by getting into stealth with Black Powder and Heartseeker once in stealth wait a bit for your initiation to refill then use Sneak Attack follow up with one or two Unload burst swap to D/P use steal and finish with Backstab. Quick note try to land this final strike behind to get maximum damage. Even though this is your highest DPS combo does not mean its the only option in your attack you have to adapt depending on your situation.

The sustain side to this build is by far the most difficult aspect of the build. Withdraw, Roll of Initiative, Blinding Powder, Shadowstep and Stealth are your sustains. Even though the skills I’ve listed are primarily used as defensive Utilities they are more then capable of being part of your offensive rotations the Thief is a very situational and patient type of play style. Pick your battles know when to strike and disengage and you will succeed. The skills themselves are pretty self explanatory timing is the major challenge.

Counters. This high burst power build is very susceptible to stuns/dazes and AOE damage. If your caught with your pants down your most likely dead. If Withdraw, Roll of Initiative and Shadowstep are on cool down and you are stunned then GGWP.

Necromancer Main

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Zoso.8279

PvP

S/D-Shortbow Berserker Amulet

DA – 2/2/3
A – 3/2/1
T – 3/2/2
Berserker Amulet
Rune of Strength
S/D-SB
Accuracy/Rage-Energy/Hobbling
Withdraw/Roll of Initiative/Haste/Infiltrators Signet/Basilisk Venom

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVl0MhenYxTwyJw/EHwElPNij2oXYhYVoTgAIDA-TpxAwAgOBABeAAAOEA22fgzRAwcZAA

Necromancer Main

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Daemon Artresta.9471

Daemon Artresta.9471

PvP

P/D – Sigil of Bursting/Sigil of Ice
D/D – Sigil of Intelligence/Sigil of Torment
Carrion Amulet
Rune of the Krait

Heal: Hide in Shadows

Utility: Shadow Refuge, Scale Venom, Signet of Shadows, Basilisk Venom

Traits
Deadly Arts: Trapper’s Respite, Panic Strike, Executioner
Trickery: Flanking Strikes, Bountiful Theft, Bewildering Ambush
Shadow Arts: Shadow’s Embrace, Leeching Venoms, Shadow’s Rejuvenation

This is a Condi Burst build I’ve been using for a while. It allows you to load the target up with many condi’s and then burst them down with dual daggers.

Opener: Apply both venoms, Cloak and Dagger into a Steal, Sneak Attack followed by Shadow Strike.

This opener will apply 7 stacks of Vulnerability, 7 stacks of Torment, 6 Stack of Bleeding, 3 stacks of Poison, 5 stacks of Confusion (The benefit of Rune of the Krait is factored in) it will also give you a 4 stack of Might, Vigor and 2 stolen Boons. This opener can be performed before Basilisk Venom wears off and, most of the time, take away about 3/4 of their health bar.

If you follow the opener with Body Shot you’ll add another 5 stack of Vulnerability and Immobilize then swap to D/D, Heartseeker in, Death Blossom for more bleeds and then cut them down.

Biggest counters to this build are D/D Ele and Necro.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Daemon Artresta.9471

Daemon Artresta.9471

For WvW I use the same build with variations
Armor is Rampager
Weapons are Carrion
Amulet, Accessories and Rings are a mix between Carrion and Dire
I also swap out the Sigil of Ice for Sigil of Corruption
I generally use Rune of Perplexity over Rune of the Krait as well.
I have been working on a D/D and Shortbow version with Rune of the Traveler and swapping out Signet of Shadows for Shadow Trap. Its been working very well in WvW but not as well in PvP.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

(edited by Dorian.8542)

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

Nighthound – Thief

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Manstrik.5072

Manstrik.5072

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Cruelty.1497

Cruelty.1497

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqYVl0MhimYTTw5Jw/EHwEl/LijRk3DBxPoTgAoAA-T1hPABZq+zmK/o8JA4iSQA2fA0TBQl6DIFwiKrA-w

Venomshare Burst Condition Thief Build (Pistol/Dagger & Shortbow)

The heal you take is up to preference or the situation – Skelk Venom or Withdrawl are my two most frequent but really any of the heals work pretty well for this build.

The #9 slot is situational. I either take for Caltrops for an offensive utility skill or Shadow Refuge for a defensive utility skill. Again, this slot is up to personal preference.

I like to play this build in all gametypes (sPvP, WvW, PvE). It honestly is pretty strong in all of them as long as you play it right. You play a mid-range thief build which I find a lot more interesting than a stealth backstab type build. It may not be highest DPS in all situations but it sure is fun to play and that is what matters most to me. You won’t see just one type of condition do massive ticks but all of the conditions you apply are going to be pretty strong and all together you can burst people down. I use Shortbow for more than one target, Pistol/Dagger for single target. The only downfall to this build is how squishy you are (no surprise there) and lack of condition removals.

Feel free to give me some feedback on this build.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Nascull.5842

Nascull.5842

i tink rune of rage is very good for the glasscannon builds for thief
if u trait the trait no quarter with the rune u wil have permanent
250bonus ferocity 20% crit chance and 5% extra dmge in combat the duration of the fury can go to 30+ seconds

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: HighPiez.2740

HighPiez.2740

Anyone got a WvWvW roaming condi thief build/gear combo they’d be willing to share? Everyone I find these days is old and out dated and I cannot make stealth work anymore.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i tink rune of rage is very good for the glasscannon builds for thief
if u trait the trait no quarter with the rune u wil have permanent
250bonus ferocity 20% crit chance and 5% extra dmge in combat the duration of the fury can go to 30+ seconds

using rune of rage on non glass cannon thief simply cus i had no gold to buy pack runes and now that i can get my pack runes back from pvp armor i used em on i dont wanna switch to pack runes anymore i love rune of rage

pack runes i left on my berserker set which i use in pve
rage runes on my valk set for WvW

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Zoso.8279

Ricky Bobby Thief Build

Trickery 3-2-1
Critical Strikes 3-2-1
Daredevil 1-3-2
Berserker Amulet
Rune of the Eagle
P/P-SB
Accuracy/Force-Energy/Hydromancy
Withdraw/Roll for Initiative/Blinding Powder/Shadowstep/Basilisk Venom

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhenY5Tw0Jw/ELVF12NGY5o3HcCBw8039jPA-TpBBwA02fIwJAocZAOHCAAPAgNHBAA

The build is all about keeping distance and constantly moving. Don’t get caught with your pants down or your dead. High risk high reward.

Necromancer Main

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: borna.5609

borna.5609

https://youtu.be/wyh_diOmhMw my gameplay with thief. I will share build if you want.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

This PvP build is both offense and defense. The shadow trap helps for responding to a contested capture point as well as an escape if you’re being overwhelmed.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAoa6alsMhGnYpTwvJw/EHwElPNOj2YHoL3gqTgAIDA-TZBBABecQAwa/hAOCAkXGAgXAAA

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: SpookyFeatheredFriend.8357

SpookyFeatheredFriend.8357

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lClOhVOBGOB8Phlvia+3P+n3LASgHYbEbrSE-TZRBABXt/AHHBAAOFAxXGw4HAAA

Conquest build

Instead of running the usual deadly arts i traded it for critical strikes it seemed the damage change wasn’t too different. Since I figured I could already gain fury from critical strike I changed from running thrill of the crime to uncatchable. This surprisingly actually made up for the survivability lost due to mug from deadly arts as I can now escape enemies more easily. I also run sigil of impact and sigil of force along with basilik venom to go for a more dps build which gets in and out of battles quickly. The longer the fight the lower the chances of my victory, normally i just back off if the fight turns sour and just grp up or wait for basilik venom to go off cd. Usually use it almost immeadiately when the game start.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Dxish.3751

Dxish.3751

Hey this is my Daredevil build focusing on dodges and evades:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVWn8lCVmiFOBmOBkmiFqiaLHHsdcu67+xvrnCgDA-TVCEQBbUJIBeAAT4IA4QlfA4QA4OdB5Y/B7p+zDuAAAA-w

Can be used in all gameplays.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Shinji.8320

Shinji.8320

Well this is my PvE/Raiding build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZQQNAoYWn8lCluhVmCGmC0PhFYCTLBEAyAdRhkwTY+DeCXhA-TRDBQBfSlAsokACPAgJeIAOiSIFpL4eaBC4+DY4IAAgTAAFUC6FlLmSdnAAHAhvDHIlDAA-e

Neither of my other two thieves are 80 yet, so they don’t have proper builds.

#Revive14kThiefBackstabs
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu Rl’yeh wga’nagl fhtagn.

Post Your Build Thread

in Thief

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVn8lCFOh9OBWOB8PhFqiy7C+gtrrnCgDYO77+wH-TpRAQBe4IAAgHAQ/OEAZ4EA0j9HmYZAA

My go to for PvP, used to hold points. Good for waisting enemy’s team time while you sit on home.
Can be used in WvW to take on up to 4-5 players at once just add some heavy condi stats to mix in with the healing, I go half Shaman’s/Viper’s

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!