Question about the Improvisation trait

in Thief

Posted by: Noko.8610

Noko.8610

Q:

So… The trait says " recharges all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions)". Does that effect only apply to the types i got equipped or all the types, IE is there a chance it will “recharge” the traps i dont have with me?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

A:

According the to collective observation can be found in this forum, it will trigger any of the type listed whether you have it equip or not.

EDIT:
Just to give a reference: Click Here

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

(edited by Sir Vincent III.1286)

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

its horrible. NEVER use this trait. ull be regretting you did almost every time. if you have non venoms equiped it can still recharge venoms…… useless

in Thief

Posted by: Noko.8610

Noko.8610

Intresting, on one side it would be OP if it rechared only the ones you had equipped, but it stays true to its name since you have to improvise with whatever you get ^^

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

I think the only time this trait felt useful was when it proced on traps on my troll trap build (my new favorite), allowing me to add another round of 7s lock down.

Overall this trait is a massive prayer to the rng god, if your lucky it’s pretty godly otherwise it does nothing at all, it should be deleted.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Even if the trait was “Randomly recharge 1 equipped utility” it would still be too random to be counted on IMO.

Trying to make the trait actually useful is hard too. Adding “10% additional damage when wielding a bundle” was an awful, awful decision by Anet, since it adds absolutely no incentive to take the trait.
Restoring initiative isn’t a good option for the trait either, since thief has enough of that in other traitlines. I’d almost like to see it recharge our heal, but something tells me that would be too powerful with HiS.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Even if the trait was “Randomly recharge 1 equipped utility” it would still be too random to be counted on IMO.

I’d find this pretty good actually. If it had a chance to recharge additional ones of the same type.

“Randomly picks venom 1, and in addition a seperate 33% chance for each additional venom to recharge.” High luck = all venoms including BV , bad luck = at least one venom besides BV.

Also it should recharge already recharged utilities, to still give it a 33% chance to give
nothing unless you have all utilities on cooldown.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)