REALLY?! more condi removel...

in Thief

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

You really think Thief’s need more condition removal? “Escapist’s Absolution” is already unbalanced! And now you give them more with a the “Signet of Agility” that most roaming Thief’s use so they can dodge ALL…..DAY……LONG……

Anet you seem to be balancing everything off of pvp. Where in doing so you are killing WVW roaming. And you wonder why most people just blob in WVW. You give us a excuse saying WVW is the smaller community there for you don’t focus in it. But I say to you its only getting smaller because of you’re actions. You’re producing a community of Thief’s. Because if you cant bet them join them. And in doing so. The feedback you guys tend to rely on are pro’thief. Even calling it a quality-of-life improvements is a JOKE!

A real quality-of-life improvements would be making all unblockable skills unevadable and when coming out of stealth in combat with out attacking will still give the 2 seconds of reveal. So there isn’t constant stealth. Do those two things and it will fix and allow changes that you do like giving more condition removal feel less of a problem/joke.

I’m going to explain more how this snow ball effect effects WVW. I would like to think I speak for the WVW community in saying that WE not only want to blob all day long.. It gets boring..Because its a numbers game. We would like the choose to play in small group vs group battles. There needs to be incentives for that game mode. For instance if there was a new trap like the supply traps. But instead of taking supply’s from the enemy it will trigger the mini map showing the enemy red dots where the enemy blob is. Giving small groups incentive to break away from a blob. Its a cool idea but doesn’t work! And this is where I explain the snow ball effect. The first problem is Anet allows muilty boxing. That means one person can have 2 or more accounts running at the same time. Why this is a problem is because about 95% of the time the 2nd account is being scripted to do some kinda action. And scripting isn’t allowed in this game. Take that problem and apply it to a person that uses his main account in WVW to have fun but his 2nd account is logged in to the enemy’s server so that he can spy on the enemy tag locations. Keep in mind if an account is not moving in WVW it will get kicked in about 2 minutes. There for the 2nd account needs to be scripted to move a little each time so it wont get kicked. So the hole trap idea I gave is irrelevant. This player abuse is rampĀ·ant in our WVW community and limits anything to get added to WVW because when Anet does give us something to WVW we cry and scream because there are issues that need to be fixed first. Give commanders the option to hide their tag from those who aren’t in the squad. Now if that problem is fixed then my idea can be added to the game but there in-lies ANOTHER PROBLEM! And this is what this main post was about. It was about the balance of thief’s effecting roaming/small group play. I think I’ve said enough, Just remember with every action there is a reaction and a consequence. Everything has to relate and connect to have a strong structure.

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

They removed around two dodges that would have cleared two conditions with EA and added two extra condition clears. So it balances out the same only with less evade spam.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It provides one more cleanse as SoA only refilled 100 endurance. Though meta Daredevil doesn’t run EA. Also, this change applies to the core thief, which is where the real impact is profound. The core thief now has a utility outside of Shadowstep that provides a bulk cleanse, which was a major issue with the core thief, so that it can now properly deal with both stunlocks and condition bombs rather than picking one or the other.

Unfortunately they didn’t fix cheesy builds like ghost thief and didn’t fix anything about OH dagger and the stealth ICD.

About what I expected with this patch for the thief.

Power GS reaper got buffed hard, though, so I’m happy since I’ve been playing it instead of thief since the stealth attack ICD killed off D/D lol.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

saerni.2584

No, I meant they took a few dodges off thief overall. Then compensated in a ability many were already taking.

Thief (Daredevil)

in Thief

Lionwait.4815

No, I meant they took a few dodges off thief overall. Then compensated in a ability many were already taking.

If your talking about pvp your right even tho that logic has many flaws when you got 20 dodges and you just take away 2 making it 18. My point was about WVW roaming. You’re statement only apply’s to pvp NOT WVW. So thief’s just got buffed not nerfed when appliedt to WVW.

in Thief

Posted by: Pyromano.7365

Pyromano.7365

there is no point when the thief is still squishy in raids and pve in general. Buffs to all roles except the thief. Good for people which uses it to wvw or pvp.. for clean… conditions, a skill which have almost all other roles… but less evades makes the thief more squishy for pve, and more time in the ground… more quality of life… sure…

More and more they are doing the thief unpickeable for people which likes to do pve with the thief.

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

there is no point when the thief is still squishy in raids and pve in general. Buffs to all roles except the thief. Good for people which uses it to wvw or pvp.. for clean… conditions, a skill which have almost all other roles… but less evades makes the thief more squishy for pve, and more time in the ground… more quality of life… sure…

More and more they are doing the thief unpickeable for people which likes to do pve with the thief.

well the good news is that the less evades only apply to pvp there are no nerfs to dodges for thief in pve or wvw. That being said it still is a less than great pick for pve raiders in comparison to some other classes so i’ve heard.

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

in Thief

Lionwait.4815

Raids and PvE in GENERAL is EASY. Sure raids need more coordination but I highly doubt that people are going to want thief’s in raids now that they can clear more conditions. This discrimination of the class is because in general the class/skills/ability’s are selfish. Henceforth calling it a quality-of-life improvement is a JOKE. Yes the change does effect PvE and PvP game modes but not as much as WvW. The issues of WvW tend to build up where there are classes that DOMINATE in the specific game modes called roaming or small group competitive play. Now there are variations of play depending on personal skill. But the fact of the matter is thief’s can out last all class rotations and be-able to out maneuver, out run, out hide and in even most of the time out damage. And now Anet gives them a instant clearing of a big amount of conditions. I’m flabbergasted of the ignorants I am seeing.

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Def a buff for ghost teefs. Fought one last night…couldn’t quite kill me (HGH engi ftw). He tried me and a rev friend. After what seemed like forever we finally got him. He came back with another ghost teef friend so we fought 2. Killed em faster this time. They kept coming back and dying (after like 5 minutes).

I used to play a ghost teef when I was bored so not in any seriousness as its one of those builds you play seriously when you are no good as a teef.

They eventually roamed with a DPS zerker. THAT was a pain in the kitten .

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Thief

Lionwait.4815

Def a buff for ghost teefs. Fought one last night…couldn’t quite kill me (HGH engi ftw). He tried me and a rev friend. After what seemed like forever we finally got him. He came back with another ghost teef friend so we fought 2. Killed em faster this time. They kept coming back and dying (after like 5 minutes).

I used to play a ghost teef when I was bored so not in any seriousness as its one of those builds you play seriously when you are no good as a teef.

They eventually roamed with a DPS zerker. THAT was a pain in the kitten .

So you killed a few thief’s that aren’t that skilled. So what is your point? Are you trying to justify something here? I mean hell I’ve killed thousands of thief’s. But that doesn’t justify anything relating to this post. My guess is your saying thief’s aren’t that effective unless they have an effective build like DPS zerker. But that doesn’t make sense and contradict it’s self.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

When you get nerfed and people still complain about it being op

in Thief

saerni.2584

Ghost thief is an underperforming build. Even with the patch I doubt that will change.

Adding in condi removal on the signet is certainly a buff. It also makes thieves more likely to forgo other condi clear in favor of maximum damage. I’d wait to see how the buff plays out in practice before making sweeping judgments about it.

Thief (Daredevil)

in Thief

Lionwait.4815

That is fake news!

in Thief

Lionwait.4815

Ghost thief is an underperforming build. Even with the patch I doubt that will change.

Adding in condi removal on the signet is certainly a buff. It also makes thieves more likely to forgo other condi clear in favor of maximum damage. I’d wait to see how the buff plays out in practice before making sweeping judgments about it.

There are two types of Ghost thief’s. the condition build that lets you stealth all the time that they buffed with this patch by making “Needle trap” poison increased from 1 stack to 3 stacks. “Tripwire” reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds. In short the REAL GHOST thief build just got even more powerful. As for the power zerker ghost thief that is fine as long as they make it so thief’s when in combat come out of stealth when in combat should wait 2 seconds to go back in to stealth. My problem isn’t these two builds its the other evade meta build that is making use of “Signet of agility”. That you see every where.

(edited by Lionwait.4815)

in Thief

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

Complaining about cleansing one (1!) Condition upon successful evade with 1s icd in a game where multiple conditions get steadily reapplied in many small increments by, say, condition chronomancers, engineers, druids? I dont see where this is overpowered considering that most conditioners are and always have been a tough matchup for a thief.

The three condition removal ob SoA is more than rectified as long as condition builds like condi chrono and yes even ghost thief exist.

in Thief

saerni.2584

Most responses to EA I’ve seen are “apply condi and stop attacking.” Chain dodges can otherwise completely negate condi damage on a Daredevil. In team fights Daredevils will often not due to condi if they take this trait because many attacks are flying around for them to evade.

It’s not OP but it does have a clear advantage unless countered (ironically by not attacking). SoA is good because it means more thieves will gamble and not take EA. This makes thief far less annoying for me to fight.

Thief (Daredevil)

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Sounds like a reason to play a power build!

in Thief

Posted by: Strige.9382

Strige.9382

I’m playing WvW since day1 and i agree with this “buff” (if i can call it buff) for thief.

The really way to remove condi “on demand” for thief was use shadow’s embrace trait from SA line.

Too many players play “meta-zerk” build because they wanna-be-pro but when they get killed come here to qq.

So, before to come here and qq about “how thief is op” u should go to warrior thread, guardian thread, mesmer thread, ranger thread etc etc… and say how them is op…
all class is overpowered more than thief that have only stealth ( but also ranger, memser and engi have stealth) PI and mobility… (anet nerfed also backstab, i hope you know).

We dont have insane regeneration, stability, invulnerability, stack might, stack protection, stack resistance, stack fury, stack insert what you want stack.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

This a simple fact with EA speaking from the perspective of a p/d condition build.

If I am alone against the DD using dodges I very often do better than with a group. This because I am able to control my ability to attack after I apply conditions. I can not control the others and they will often flail away helping to cleanse those conditions even as they apply no damage.

EA is not as powerful a cleanse as it looks. Indeed an old style SE can be more effective simply because it (EA) is reliant on an evade PLUS is a non targeted cleanse meaning that on that evade the thief might be cleansing the non damaging conditions.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The warrior also received a number of adds to condition removal. What this does is allow for more avenues to train without being forced down a single traitline to get that condition removal.

I am not sure the thief there yet even with this SOA condition removal add.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Not sure if OP is joking or not.

If OP is serious, then ’tis OP that is a joke.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I think the signet of agility buff was anets answers for thieves in general to fair better vs any above avergage ghost thief trapper. Cus even if your shadowstep is on cd, you can still clear a good sized trapper burst without the need to use up any endurance by dodging ( which would be pointless anyway).
Before you had to run signet of agility, shadow step, and withdraw with trickster traited to fair ok vs any above avg ghost thief. Now you can drop the trickster/withdraw heal if you want to.

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

blatant trolling

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

That is fake news!

Donald, is this you?

/trollface

On a serious note.

This among the thief changes one of the best ones, which actually gave as compensation for the lost evasion effiency the thief therefore something, that the thief direly needs more – a tiny bit more of group support – and condition removal is group support, when you can remove now from your nearby allies 3 instead of 1 Conditions.

This is especially useful agaist Condition Bursts when you are at the moment it happens are already in the near of your allies, like for example in Pvp when fighting for a specific point, and you go for +1ing the spot, you see your group party has problems currently with lots of conditions, then you can help that partner now with this skill change better then before, while receiving back Endurance to deescalate the situation now better with the 3 removed conditions instead of just only 1.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Thief

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

After a few days of playing with the changes to SoA, I have to say I am very happy with it. Gives us a solid condi cleanse while also cutting back on dodge spamming. . . highly approve, and I play d/d hybrid condi almost exclusively.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I had a ranger use entangle on a group of us the other night so just had to try the NEW soa. It freed up all of us.

in Thief

babazhook.6805

There are two types of Ghost thief’s. the condition build that lets you stealth all the time that they buffed with this patch by making “Needle trap” poison increased from 1 stack to 3 stacks. “Tripwire” reduced from 30 seconds to 25 seconds. In short the REAL GHOST thief build just got even more powerful. As for the power zerker ghost thief that is fine as long as they make it so thief’s when in combat come out of stealth when in combat should wait 2 seconds to go back in to stealth. My problem isn’t these two builds its the other evade meta build that is making use of “Signet of agility”. That you see every where.

Ghost thief does not use tripwire. There only three utility slots avilable. One needs needle. One needs caltrops. The third is generally another stealth or something like pain inverter or shadowstep. What good is a knockdown if you are not using weapons to take advantage?