Really?

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Really?….
You OOC and you come BACK to try to fight me? Why? Just WHY?
Why do you come back when all you’re gonna do is OOC again in 5 minutes?,,,
What is the kittening point? Can’t you just accept that you just lost?

I understand if you OOC when 3 more people comes charging you down like you were a kittening piece of meat. But seriously,1v1 and you OOC?….You OOC till your enemy slips and do a mistake,but before that he bested you x number of times,how can you take pride in that?…

Do you really feel superior when you do that?

Attachments:

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

what IS the point…..

(plz excuse my answer if you dont like it but its the only one there is)

You QQ’ers are the ones that get us nerfed for L2P problems and complain about things like this. we thieves do not have much of a choice. 1 v 1 is all we have left. tpvp/spvp/wvw/dungeons/bosses and even pve we arent really welcome in groups.

Lets keep this in persective….months ago QQ’ers complain about damage and skills and abilities. now its that we run away? would u like us to play dead? we cant really take dmg or fight in anything but small groups. no we dont feel pride in running. do you feel pride in crying to anet that you dont know how to play a beginners class?

thieves cant walk thru AOE, or be in big fights, or do bosses, or take more than 2-3 hits, or be able to fight PVE without using a heal. we dont block or use protection or have aegis or pop invulnerability and we dont have high armor and high hp and high toughness or a 2nd weaponset. the one few small things we have is gap closers, stealth, 2nd highest dmg (5th/6th if we count single target and multiple targets), and the ability to use the same attack multiple times if the time calls for it. noting in that list keeps us alive. stealthhelps us attack or get away. we still recieve dmg tho. perhaps ask anet to buff thieves to be able to stay in combat. thieves dont like resetting. we dont like HAVING to go stealth every 3-4 secs. we would rather use stealth for big attacks and be fancy dodging/evading and fun attacks. thats what we prefer. but everything gets nerfed.

again keep it in perspective.

Every patch thief gets 5+ more nerfs. and its always atleast 5x the nerfs any other class gets. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm games been out a year. thats alotta nerfs bud

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It’s tactical. Warriors do it too.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Wrong Forum… Post this in the warrior section.

Really?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

+1 for VJ. warriors DO do it also. what class are you insane?

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

This post is more relevant in warrior section. Please post it there.

All is vain.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

You will definitely get more appreciation and sympathy in the warrior’s section.

You OOC till your enemy slips and do a mistake

Um… isn’t that normal in a fight? Or is my understanding of fighting skewed? I mean fighting in general be it game/real life. Your enemy kittens up, you take advantage of it and punish them for it.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: irishking.8956

irishking.8956

You will definitely get more appreciation and sympathy in the warrior’s section.

Agreed

Really?

in Thief

insaneseagull.7063

Mesmer,I’m just as squishy or even as squishy as you guys It just really bugs me that he did it 6 times, 6 kittening times. @Travlane,I can’t walk through AOE either,I can’t take as many as 2-3 hits either,I don’t have high armor or high toughness or high HP. (No 2nd weapon set? BS.)

Attachments:

Really?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

memsers have alot of hp more and better defense….. but that aside….. clones/phantasms do 75% of the dmg…… we could complain that we want more dmg control from the AI to player on your side. i mean good mesmers really just have to train on dodging and tricking. their copies do most the work. mesmers go invis all the time and hide :P they are pretty classic for it. most classes use some sort of baiting/running in their fights. resetting is more warrior and thief style…but thieves really dont have a choice. u should try play thief. highest skill threshhold in game. go ahead and then you will notice the price you pay for even 1 mistake.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

This this a new GW2 meme or something now?

It’s tactical. Warriors do it too.

Warriors don’t need to get outa combat though, just kite the person around till they regen to full in a few seconds.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

Mesmer,I’m just as squishy or even as squishy as you guys It just really bugs me that he did it 6 times, 6 kittening times. @Travlane,I can’t walk through AOE either,I can’t take as many as 2-3 hits either,I don’t have high armor or high toughness or high HP. (No 2nd weapon set? BS.)

I feel your pain. And I play a thief, it happens to me a lot. You’ll fight a thief, get them low and they’ll run to reset.
Unfortunately there’s not much you can do. :c

Really?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I feel your pain. And I play a thief, it happens to me a lot. You’ll fight a thief, get them low and they’ll run to reset.

stun. push. pull. stone. knock back. daze. every class has something. thing is …these arent worth taking unless you are roaming or 1v1ing…. wait what? lol yes that means that 1v1/roaming arent a real part of this game. in the sense of scoring/looting tactical points or attacks. its all group play mostly.

Really?

in Thief

Maesk.8753

stun. push. pull. stone. knock back. daze. every class has something. thing is …these arent worth taking unless you are roaming or 1v1ing…. wait what? lol yes that means that 1v1/roaming arent a real part of this game. in the sense of scoring/looting tactical points or attacks. its all group play mostly.

Not sure what you’re trying to imply??? Or even what you meant by your post?

Really?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

any of those skills can stop a thief from using stealth to reset a fight. theres only 2 reall ways a thief will stealth …. reset…..and re attack. thats using shadow refuge (which is a free chance to do thousands of FREE DAMAGE) and if he uses blackpowder and heartseeker combo to enter stealth (another chance to mess him up/do dmg). either way shadow refuge is on a 1 min timer and keeps the thief still for 4 seconds while black powder shot also keeps him still for 4 seconds he must keep doing it every 6 seconds or so to keep stealthed. all you have to do is run away rather than wait like a $#(@$ . when u see a thief stand still…. one of a few things is about to happen. black powder shot to heartseeker…….shadow refuge….or something like heartseeker. stun…pull…knockback….leap….daze. something to stop them. if u stun a thief after he uses blackpowder shot. hes in DEEP. you just wasted most of his initiative he had left and MAY only get one HS for a 1.5 sec stealth. useless for 9 initiative and no dmg or real heal or stealth uptime and minus alot of init he would have gained back.

Really?

in Thief

Maesk.8753

any of those skills can stop a thief from using stealth to reset a fight. theres only 2 reall ways a thief will stealth …. reset…..and re attack. thats using shadow refuge (which is a free chance to do thousands of FREE DAMAGE) and if he uses blackpowder and heartseeker combo to enter stealth (another chance to mess him up/do dmg). either way shadow refuge is on a 1 min timer and keeps the thief still for 4 seconds while black powder shot also keeps him still for 4 seconds he must keep doing it every 6 seconds or so to keep stealthed. all you have to do is run away rather than wait like a $#(@$ . when u see a thief stand still…. one of a few things is about to happen. black powder shot to heartseeker…….shadow refuge….or something like heartseeker. stun…pull…knockback….leap….daze. something to stop them. if u stun a thief after he uses blackpowder shot. hes in DEEP. you just wasted most of his initiative he had left and MAY only get one HS for a 1.5 sec stealth. useless for 9 initiative and no dmg or real heal or stealth uptime and minus alot of init he would have gained back.

Im completely aware of how to stop a thief stealthing, but when thieves reset with SR and you’re not running any/much AOE or any knock backs there’s not much you can do.

Its just annoying is all.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

To get you to burn your cooldowns…

…either that or he just couldn’t stand to lose a fight

…or he just wanted to kittenol!

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

If they go OOC during 1v1. Don’t engage them again, just stealth and leave. They aren’t worth you time. That’s what I do to scrub warriors that have the Gaul to engage, and not back up their engagement. Don’t chase scrubs.

~AikijinX

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

oh god…why

PU mesmers, that is all i gonna say

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

what a nice 3d

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Really?

in Thief

Travlane.5948

Im completely aware of how to stop a thief stealthing, but when thieves reset with SR and you’re not running any/much AOE or any knock backs there’s not much you can do.

Its just annoying is all.

and if thief doesnt run defensive skills he cant fight anythign larger than 3 v 3. so its not only on one side but both that have these problems to deal with. youhave to pick a playstyle and know that it has disadvantages. unless you want a “beat all”?

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: irishking.8956

irishking.8956

oh god…why

PU mesmers, that is all i gonna say

dont get me started on this one pls PU memers bug the crap out of me there more of an annoyance then a threat i just walk away from them cause there not worth my time lol

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Testing? Experimenting with his build, or even the class?
Changing skills and traits?

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

A mesmer complaining

Possibly the strongest 1v1 class in the game.

On the high hitpoints table despite being a cloth/caster.

Which is getting buffed next patch for some reason.

Anet doesn’t touch PU, which is just insanely strong and requires no effort to use.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

A mesmer complaining

On the high hitpoints table despite being a cloth/caster.

Which is getting buffed next patch for some reason.

Anet doesn’t touch PU, which is just insanely strong and requires no effort to use.

You have to be a !@#$% to come as a mesmer and call other professions OP.

Condi mesmer has every aspect a thief has and with clones hitting constantly stacking conditions with a great hp pool.

Really?

in Thief

phaeris.7604

No doubt.

I really don’t understand why mesmers are on the high hps table.

If guardians are on the low hps table, mesmers certainly should be.

Really?

in Thief

insaneseagull.7063

A mesmer complaining

I don’t complain because I couldn’t beat him,I’m complaining over the OOC,it’s kittening annoying and unnecessary to OOC 6 times

Attachments:

Really?

in Thief

phaeris.7604

Actually you couldn’t beat him if you let him go ooc.

If you beat him he’d be dead and not ooc.

The match was a stalemate.

He came back to try new tactics most likely. Sometimes if you get a bad fight, or miss your 1 c+d the whole match is lost.

during a fight against a decent player/op class, thieves don’t get the luxury of being able to mess up multiple times and still come out ok.

Really?

in Thief

insaneseagull.7063

The match was a stalemate. .

Yeah,that’s weird,he’s OOC’ing because he is starting to kill me.

Attachments:

Really?

in Thief

frans.8092

No, he said they went ooc because the match was a draw, not because they were killing you.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

This amuses me. If it annoys people this much I’m going to stop killing them and just reset 15 times before I get bored toying with them.

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

That Infusion of Shadow nerf is going to be so much fun. SR disengages will still exist, as well as shadowstep+infil arrow, but tbh it’s gotten to the point where I find that watching thieves disengage repeatedly is more funny than annoying. I rarely respond to it outside of typing “lol” in chat after I stop one of their disengage attempts and kill them anyway.

If you feel like you’ve expended cooldowns that leave you vulnerable enough to let them kill you when they come back from a disengage, then just continue to run in one direction until said cooldowns are restored.

Otherwise, just sit back and nom on some popcorn or have a good chuckle while you watch them struggle until they finally die.

#ELEtism

Really?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

….
If you feel like you’ve expended cooldowns that leave you vulnerable enough to let them kill you when they come back from a disengage, then just continue to run in one direction until said cooldowns are restored.
….

OMG I DIDN"T KNOW I COULD MOVE WHEN THE THIEF DISENGAGED TO POTENTIALLY STALL FOR TIME … IT"S KINDA LIKE I"M RESETING THE FIGHT IN MY FAVOR

(I think people mindlessly run around in circles, where the thief was, trying to do random kitten…)

Join the TEEFs!

Really?

in Thief

insaneseagull.7063

No, he said they went ooc because the match was a draw, not because they were killing you.

I was trying to be sarcastic “If you beat him he’d be dead and not ooc.” I meant that the reason he was going OOC were because he was starting to lose hence, "Yeah,that’s weird,he’s OOC’ing because he is starting to kill me. " (my fail sarcasm) You don’t go OOC when you’re winning,right?..

Attachments:

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

When I see that happen a few times in a row, I just wait for his next shadow refuge (which means he’ll stay stealthed for a while), put down a stealth trap and start dancing…

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

When I see that happen a few times in a row, I just wait for his next shadow refuge (which means he’ll stay stealthed for a while), put down a stealth trap and start dancing…

Best solution.

Really?

in Thief

frans.8092

… a “commander trap” that flags everyone on the map as a commander for 30 seconds…

+1
+1
+1

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

They are stupid yeah, but i get them from random chests, and I don’t like “just” destroying them.. So yeah, I use them when someone annoys me.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

A mesmer complaining

I don’t complain because I couldn’t beat him,I’m complaining over the OOC,it’s kittening annoying and unnecessary to OOC 6 times

Complaining about something that doesn’t hurt you is kittening annoying too.

Really?

in Thief

insaneseagull.7063

A mesmer complaining

Complaining about something that doesn’t hurt you is kittening annoying too.

Of course this hurt me,it has left me emotionally scarred for life,scared of ever fighting a thief again

Attachments:

Really?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Of course this hurt me,it has left me emotionally scarred for life,scared of ever fighting a thief again

;) Don’t worry, if you cry hard enough we will get nerfed.
And if you don’t cry hard enough, we will get nerfed.

Rest assured somewhere in the upcoming patches we won’t be able to ooc.

Hell, I believe they will eventually nerf choking gas as well (and make it unstealth us), people are starting to have problems:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-Damage-and-Stealth/first#post3218032

Just gotta get them to nerf our crafting speeds too (we craft faster than other classes in stealth -> OP, unfair, nerf please), and our gathering speeds (we gather faster in stealth -> …). Then we will be all set!

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Really?

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

This amuses me. If it annoys people this much I’m going to stop killing them and just reset 15 times before I get bored toying with them.

This sounds like fun…

And I main as a mesmer. So…ehm…well, movement control can get a thief away from you when they burst. Greatsword and focus work well, (and you should be carrying a focus anyway if you’re a WvW mesmer) or block with sword/scepter. A burst-happy thief can get badly hurt with confusion, so condition damage would be useful.

As for their resetting, the moment they pop out of stealth, illusions will start attacking again, so you should know where they are. Just keep moving in the meantime and regenerate your own health while you wait.

(If you’re having problems with thieves, it miiiight be better to go and ask for help in the mesmer forums. >.o)

Really?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

(If you’re having problems with thieves, it miiiight be better to go and ask for help in the mesmer forums. >.o)

Funny you recommend that….
Why improve and get help (learn to play, l2p)…. when you can go on the profession’s forum and cry, then await for their nerf?

Join the TEEFs!