Remove Deception Skills.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

srry i should have used the word claiming a name rather than calling? “PREPUBESCENT CHILD”

I literally have no idea what your trying to say. lol

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

you said that all caps makes me look like a prepubescent child? i merely stated that with that logic you would be a pedofile as i dont see the correlation. bc if caps = prepubescent …i am totally at a loss for words and if its true i’d have to accept the fact that you are a leading authority on prepubscent children. ikittennow alot about that and arent a doctor or psychologist or work in a school system. well what would you infer? well? what are you? are you a DR or something?

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

SwickHobo.5096

you said that all caps makes me look like a prepubescent child? i merely stated that with that logic you would be a pedofile as i dont see the correlation. bc if caps = prepubescent …i am totally at a loss for words and if its true i’d have to accept the fact that you are a leading authority on prepubscent children. ikittennow alot about that and arent a doctor or psychologist or work in a school system. well what would you infer? well? what are you? are you a DR or something?

Sigh, already told you that it wasn’t directed at you, but was a broad generalization about people who talk in all caps. The fact that you refuse to drop a pointless tangent, and stay on topic like the mature adult you claim to be isn’t helping your case though.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I dont mind dropping it but i cant stop myself from calling you out on BS/lying I QUOTE you said…… """"For starters, CAPS DO NOT HELP MAKE YOUR POINT, THEY ONLY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A PREPUBESCENT CHILD. Anyway, now that that’s outta the way.""""" YOU YOU YOU…….hence i believe it WAS directed at me……i even looked “you” up in the dictionary to make sure(sarcasm) nice try getting out of that one. you were rude and irrational and it showed. now your either wicked insane , dellusional or a liar as i ahve pointed it out a few times. but lets just drop it there since defending yourself any further would only make it worse. lets stick to the topic shall we? ty

anyone else have anything they think could/should be changed/added into this idea?

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Seems way too strong. It would give thiefs too many tools to mess with all at the same time, without having to choose any drawbacks.

Seems like this is a suggestion more based on personal advantage than in real game balance.

And what’s up with all the forum fighting here?
You know winning an argument in a internet forum is like winning the Special Olympics…

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i dont fight i only defend myself. umm i think if the skills are moderated its fair enough. read on last page on teh guard/mesmer F skill vs thief. its atleast a 3 to 1 advantage on thier part. so if thats the case and we all have same amount of utilities….how is it unfair? not talking strenghtbc they arent added in at all or yet etc. in other words they are only OP if made to be OP. are you saying that having extra skills is unfair or the way he wrote them is unfair?

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

SwickHobo.5096

I dont mind dropping it but i cant stop myself from calling you out on BS/lying I QUOTE you said…… """"For starters, CAPS DO NOT HELP MAKE YOUR POINT, THEY ONLY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A PREPUBESCENT CHILD. Anyway, now that that’s outta the way.""""" YOU YOU YOU…….hence i believe it WAS directed at me……i even looked “you” up in the dictionary to make sure(sarcasm) nice try getting out of that one. you were rude and irrational and it showed. now your either wicked insane , dellusional or a liar as i ahve pointed it out a few times. but lets just drop it there since defending yourself any further would only make it worse. lets stick to the topic shall we? ty

anyone else have anything they think could/should be changed/added into this idea?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/you?s=t

one; anyone; people in general:

Who knew you didn’t actually mean “you”.

I assure you i’m not delusional, or wicked insane, or a lair. I just have a solid understanding of the English language, which appears to be quite rare these days.
Shrug

But anyways i’m done responding to you, as you clearly have nothing to say about my thoughts to the OP.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: devaking.2397

devaking.2397

memorizing how to “bold” or italicize doesnt make you more intellectual ….perhaps more computer typing “savvy” . and yes you were. bc what does some a boys body have to do with using capital letters? i dont see a connection. then again i probably dont know much about a boys body. according to your correlative aptitude that would make you a pedofile possessing such prepubescent carnal knowledge? :P also not having a social media account is a common rebuttal when people talk trash online bc they are only hiding behind their anonymity and can only back with opinion and unjustifiable notions of others “physical immaturity” .

back to the real topic. you dont get 4 casts of anything OTHER than heartseeker. where do u get your info. u are obviously an ele or somethign on a thieves forum trolling. death blossom FIVE intiative. dancing dagger FOUR initiative. CnD SIX initiative. OH WAIT . … now i get it…u didnt know how much initiative we get max to start with. that answer is 12. so heartseeker being 3….12/3 =4 12/5 =2.4 12/4=3 and 12/6 =2 im sorry where did you get "At base initiative you get at minimum four casts of any two skill. They all cost three you have 12 initiative. If your going to bring numbers into this then try your best to not to lie. " and anyone who spams heartseeker is just wasting intiative :P and usually by 25% on opponent the thief is out of intiative or has 1 HS left. also HS is a very slow skill. super easy to dodge. i hope a guy is smart enough to save a defensive utility or dodge for crunch time. (crunch time being when hp is in the red zone)(red zone being when hp is at a critical stage)(critical stage being when hp is low enough you could die any moment) just to make it clear. point is that what the threadstarter offered as an idea was a good one. perhaps a lil OP perhaps not….depending on how the skills worked and what they were replaced with. and comparing just f1 on a thief to f1 2 3 4 on mesmer/guard….thief comes up SUPER short. cant deny that. i showed allt he skills above. all to be accurate. you read his starting thread as a this is the way it should be …rather than a baseline starting suggestion. perhaps be constructive since you are so OBVIOUSLY not a thief and havent played one extensively enough to know how to survive and when you cant. jc but what class are you so we all know what/who is trolling us.

you do know that what your saying about swickhobo calling you on caps lock has no correlation to pedophilia? your ineptitude at using the correct words for the correct situation is serverly lacking, please try to stop your flaming i like this topic and dont want to see it locked because you cant handle a little knowledge.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

wrong it was meant as in “individual” as I represented only myself and unarguably so bc i was the ONLY person typing my message and it was not therefore dictated to me. so you cant pick which definition suits your need.
so if im wrong who typed my message or dictated it to me to write? or who did i claim to represent if in the collective manner? sorry fail again bud

PS ….LOL @ you actually looking up the word “you” .

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

memorizing how to “bold” or italicize doesnt make you more intellectual ….perhaps more computer typing “savvy” . and yes you were. bc what does some a boys body have to do with using capital letters? i dont see a connection. then again i probably dont know much about a boys body. according to your correlative aptitude that would make you a pedofile possessing such prepubescent carnal knowledge? :P also not having a social media account is a common rebuttal when people talk trash online bc they are only hiding behind their anonymity and can only back with opinion and unjustifiable notions of others “physical immaturity” .

back to the real topic. you dont get 4 casts of anything OTHER than heartseeker. where do u get your info. u are obviously an ele or somethign on a thieves forum trolling. death blossom FIVE intiative. dancing dagger FOUR initiative. CnD SIX initiative. OH WAIT . … now i get it…u didnt know how much initiative we get max to start with. that answer is 12. so heartseeker being 3….12/3 =4 12/5 =2.4 12/4=3 and 12/6 =2 im sorry where did you get "At base initiative you get at minimum four casts of any two skill. They all cost three you have 12 initiative. If your going to bring numbers into this then try your best to not to lie. " and anyone who spams heartseeker is just wasting intiative :P and usually by 25% on opponent the thief is out of intiative or has 1 HS left. also HS is a very slow skill. super easy to dodge. i hope a guy is smart enough to save a defensive utility or dodge for crunch time. (crunch time being when hp is in the red zone)(red zone being when hp is at a critical stage)(critical stage being when hp is low enough you could die any moment) just to make it clear. point is that what the threadstarter offered as an idea was a good one. perhaps a lil OP perhaps not….depending on how the skills worked and what they were replaced with. and comparing just f1 on a thief to f1 2 3 4 on mesmer/guard….thief comes up SUPER short. cant deny that. i showed allt he skills above. all to be accurate. you read his starting thread as a this is the way it should be …rather than a baseline starting suggestion. perhaps be constructive since you are so OBVIOUSLY not a thief and havent played one extensively enough to know how to survive and when you cant. jc but what class are you so we all know what/who is trolling us.

you do know that what your saying about swickhobo calling you on caps lock has no correlation to pedophilia? your ineptitude at using the correct words for the correct situation is serverly lacking, please try to stop your flaming i like this topic and dont want to see it locked because you cant handle a little knowledge.

yes sir i do know that. and that is the point. it correlates perfectly bc typing in caps has no relation to being a pre – pubescent :P

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

devaking.2397

yes sir i do know that. and that is the point. it correlates perfectly bc typing in caps has no relation to being a pre – pubescent :P

a young child often yells to get attention or their point across for lack of vocabulary, caps is a lot like “yelling”, im sure you can figure it out from there.

anyways imo steal is probably the best profession skill in the game as long as mug as a 10 pt trait, so much utility in stealing it isnt funny, adding 3 more profession skill seems like a personal advantage that wont solve anything. all mind wrack does is hella dmg…but it has to be set up, and guards F1? burning…lol you cant compare them to stealing.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

SwickHobo.5096

wrong it was meant as in “individual” as I represented only myself and unarguably so bc i was the ONLY person typing my message and it was not therefore dictated to me. so you cant pick which definition suits your need.
so if im wrong who typed my message or dictated it to me to write? or who did i claim to represent if in the collective manner? sorry fail again bud

I as the writer dictate what the words i write mean. In that sentence it was meant as a generalization, which i clearly stated twice in further posts. If you chose to perceive what i write incorrectly that’s on you. If i say or write, “The man walked gaily down the street.” You can either perceive it as a homosexual slur and as a synonym for the word happily. No matter how you perceive the sentence, I as the original author of the sentence am the only one who can say what i meant when I wrote it.

P.S: I looked it up, not to find out the definition, but to provide the link for you. I gave the Hyperlink so you wouldn’t question the source or context of the definition.

Also i missed the only post where you actually responded to the topic, so i’ll at least respond to that.

I’m sorry where did you get "At base initiative you get at minimum four casts of any two skill. They all cost three you have 12 initiative.

I was referring to the two skills. I.E Heartseaker, Infiltrators Strike, Body Shot, Cluster Bomb. They all cost three initiative. Sorry for not being clearer about that.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yeah. and i meant the words that were in CAPS loud bc i really wanted them to be more emphasized than just the sharp inflection intended by italicization .

as a single trait…yes i would have to agree with you about mug. but steal isnt great at all infact is quite trashy IMO. you cant say that other F skill on another character is good but only with a “qualifier”. you might say that the trait MUG is fantastic and you 100% are correct. but functionally steal is not a good trait. and i do believe f2 and atleast f3 maybe f4 should be added. perhaps not as strong as first stated by the thread maker but to some degree.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I as the writer dictate what the words i write mean. In that sentence it was meant as a generalization, which i clearly stated twice in further posts. If you chose to perceive what i write incorrectly that’s on you. If i say or write, “The man walked gaily down the street.” You can either perceive it as a homosexual slur and as a synonym for the word happily. No matter how you perceive the sentence, I as the original author of the sentence am the only one who can say what i meant when I wrote it.

P.S: I looked it up, not to find out the definition, but to provide the link for you. I gave the Hyperlink so you wouldn’t question the source or context of the definition.

Also i missed the only post where you actually responded to the topic, so i’ll at least respond to that.

I’m sorry where did you get "At base initiative you get at minimum four casts of any two skill. They all cost three you have 12 initiative.

I was referring to the two skills. I.E Heartseaker, Infiltrators Strike, Body Shot, Cluster Bomb. They all cost three initiative. Sorry for not being clearer about that.

np on the confusion but if u meant it as a generalization you should say “people who write in caps are generally viewed as pre pubescent teens” or “Caps locking a lot of words shows qualities of a prepubescent teen according to blah blah” …… not to beat a dead horse…whatever you meant….is what you meant….however you state me :P perhaps you wrote it wrong and if thats the case….eh….whatever no big deal.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

devaking.2397

np on the confusion but if u meant it as a generalization you should say “people who write in caps are generally viewed as pre pubescent teens” or “Caps locking a lot of words shows qualities of a prepubescent teen according to blah blah” …… not to beat a dead horse…whatever you meant….is what you meant….however you state me :P perhaps you wrote it wrong and if thats the case….eh….whatever no big deal.

no i mean in pvp is great one of the best thieves dont need their deception skill on a f2-4

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

a key stroke is a keystroke. it doesnt change if u hotkey it. i know what you mean. but other classes have a few more abilities than thieves. would be nice to have an f2 f3. not that we need them to be certain things. just nice to ahve a lil more option. we use everything in the first 5 seconds of battle. :/

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Ekemeister.8905

Ekemeister.8905

Lol @ the guy who thought Mug, Serpent’s Touch, and thrill of the crime doesn’t have to be traited for. Please roll a thief, stop trolling forums, and go play gw2.

Steal is useful. It’s like blink or a guard meditation that doesn’t break stun, has a longer cd, and essentially bestows a one skill/one use bundle.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

devaking.2397

a key stroke is a keystroke. it doesnt change if u hotkey it. i know what you mean. but other classes have a few more abilities than thieves. would be nice to have an f2 f3. not that we need them to be certain things. just nice to ahve a lil more option. we use everything in the first 5 seconds of battle. :/

yes but having a free shadowstep and a free refuge is alittle too good.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

I hate to say it, but yeah, that would make us OP. If we have Shadow Step/Refuge, then that frees up atleast 2 slots on our utility bar, which for me means I would be running constant Devourer Venom, Sin Signet, and perhaps Blinding Powder for quick BS setups. And that would definitely make us OP, IMO.

However, I could get behind having Smoke Bomb, useful, free stealth when you HS through it, and could help us defensively when waiting for the opponent to close the gap and firing shots at us.

I do however like the thought Pope put into his, but I have an issue with one slight thing.

• F4: Dust Trap>Ignite (Mini-Smokescreen)
    Prepare a Dust Trap (line trap) at your location. When triggered with the “ignite” skill, this trap will block projectiles for three seconds and blind any foes that pass through it. Does not function as a combo field. Useful for pre-setting an escape route or on the fly as a personal/party defensive tool.

While good for the blind, it would be meh at best. Sure it can block projectiles, but by the time they activate it, it means they’re already within melee range.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

This would be awesome. They also should remove traps because they suck. When have you ever, EVER, seen a trap build Thief? Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

There’s one trap people use for pve… I guess they all get to stay.

They could honestly change one of the traps to doing 10k damage and it’d take me weeks or months to notice.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This would be far to strong…

How?

Because those are among the best utilities… they would need to be weakened severely if given for free.

That’s not to say that the thief’s class f-skills couldn’t use some tuning, but this change in particular would be op.

Warriors also only have 1 class skill. Both warrior and thief are foos classes. This may be done intentionally to make things easier for the new players… idk.

Our other utilities need buffing as well (almost all poisons and traps)… it should be a tough choice when you pick your utilities because they are all good.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

How?

Because those are among the best utilities… they would need to be weakened severely if given for free.

That’s not to say that the thief’s class f-skills couldn’t use some tuning, but this change in particular would be op.

Our other utilities need buffing as well (almost all poisons and traps)… it should be a tough choice when you pick your utilities because they are all good.

They are some of our /only/ utilities, they are the only ones that really go into the slot.
Even if ALL of them were buffed to there level, there is no way we would ever give up Shadowstep or Signet of Shadows. They are literally what make the class, our bread and butter.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

its not free tho. its just being moved. so we can use other utilites on our utility bar instead.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

How?

They are some of our /only/ utilities, they are the only ones that really go into the slot.
Even if ALL of them were buffed to there level, there is no way we would ever give up Shadowstep or Signet of Shadows.

i wish SoS would be inherent trait or a choosable one. 25% movement is always been a quality of this type character. it should go into the mechanics rather than play style utility choices. IMO

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

I hate to say it, but yeah, that would make us OP. If we have Shadow Step/Refuge, then that frees up atleast 2 slots on our utility bar, which for me means I would be running constant Devourer Venom, Sin Signet, and perhaps Blinding Powder for quick BS setups. And that would definitely make us OP, IMO.

However, I could get behind having Smoke Bomb, useful, free stealth when you HS through it, and could help us defensively when waiting for the opponent to close the gap and firing shots at us.

I do however like the thought Pope put into his, but I have an issue with one slight thing.

• F4: Dust Trap>Ignite (Mini-Smokescreen)
    Prepare a Dust Trap (line trap) at your location. When triggered with the “ignite” skill, this trap will block projectiles for three seconds and blind any foes that pass through it. Does not function as a combo field. Useful for pre-setting an escape route or on the fly as a personal/party defensive tool.

While good for the blind, it would be meh at best. Sure it can block projectiles, but by the time they activate it, it means they’re already within melee range.

i do have to disagree…..well i guess honestly it depends what they replace them on the utility skills with. if we get those 2 skills as f2 f3 we ahve to have 2 new skills to put in. if those are like traps…venoms….they will suck and we dont become stronger….just kinda more optional :P if they replace then with 2 more skills of the same caliber….well maybe yeah that would SLIGHTLY op but nto much. guards get every buff in the game exept fury and even get more than 1 free heal from f1 f2 f3. and multiple stacks of and shares them all with 5 allies and same with heals on 5 allies. all we get is a crappy steal item that is only 1/3rd of the time really good.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

its not free tho. its just being moved. so we can use other utilites on our utility bar instead.

Um it would be free as you’d get them without spending skill points and without using up utility slots.

As for daecollo’s statements that these make the profession, thats not true there are plenty of people that don’t use them and use other things, they are very good utilities but they are not needed to perform well, but doubling a thieves utility because you want them for free just reeks of overpoweredness.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

Um it would be free as you’d get them without spending skill points and without using up utility slots.

As for daecollo’s statements that these make the profession, thats not true there are plenty of people that don’t use them and use other things, they are very good utilities but they are not needed to perform well, but doubling a thieves utility because you want them for free just reeks of overpoweredness.

Uhh.. name one thief that does not have shadowstep or SoS in there hot bar, I want to proceed to laugh.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

well u could ignore what i said about other classes not being OP? f1 f2 f3 f4 are actually better than the skill utilities for an engineer. higher dmg etc. mesmer burst clones.. and the dozens of boosts you get from guardians f1 f2 f3 and SHared with allies….if u go back a few pages i showed you that guardians have atleast 4-5x more power in f1 utilities. and yes every thief uses atleast TWO of these at all times in pvp (shadowstep shadows refuge SoS blind powder). movign 2 of them to f2 f3 will change nothing. although it would give us acces to choose other skill utilities which if u are a gw2thief you would know that they are all pretty much bunk. if i had those 2 in my f slots…id pick prolly 1 venom and 1trap. so basically what i get is a trap and a venom to use. how about this . would it be op if i put the venom / trap in f1 f2 instead? would that make it feel better? bc it shouldnt its the same thing. :P

(edited by Travlane.5948)

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

well u could ignore what i said about other classes not being OP? f1 f2 f3 f4 are actually better than the skill utilities for an engineer. higher dmg etc. mesmer burst clones.. and the dozens of boosts you get from guardians f1 f2 f3 and SHared with allies….if u go back a few pages i showed you that guardians have atleast 4-5x more power in f1 utilities. and yes every thief uses atleast TWO of these at all times in pvp (shadowstep shadows refuge SoS blind powder). movign 2 of them to f2 f3 will change nothing. although it would give us acces to choose other skill utilities which if u are a thiekittennow are all bunk. if i had those 2 in my f slots…id pick prolly 1 venom and 1trap. so basically what i get is a trap and a venom to use. how about this . would it be op if i put the venom / trap in f1 f2 instead? would that make it feel better? bc it shouldnt its the same thing. :P

Well I can’t really read everything you write (may want to press enter now and then to break up the wall of text)

But other peoples fskills where designed around them, if they are stronger than some of their utilities its because they utilities are weaker and such, they don’t just slap extra utilities on without thought.

As for a thief getting 3 extra utilities for free not being any stronger because whats left isn’t that good? Thats just ridiculous, the fact that you still have your strong utilities means your not going to get weaker, adding on even fairly weak utilities on TOP of that is a strength gain.

The only exception would be if they nerfed the utilities that are then moved to the fbuttons for free (which they most likely would have to if this ever happened) at which point all your really doing is taking something people like daecollo thinks are absolutely necessary and then nerfing it in return for more over all abilities to use, which means those that have been relying on those utilities are now much weaker while those that didn’t really use them/rely on them are still gaining in strength.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

but like i said . moving them to f2 f3 would only allow you to pick a venom and maybe caltrops which is usually weak in all but the bleed build. even soo its evadeable ….. we would only become as strong as the strongest 2 traits outside the four i listed. how about his like i said before. lets make f2 a venom and f3 a trick. is that op? if u say no. theres no reason they cant be SS or stealth. its the same thing. if you think ither is OP…..then what you are saying is steal is equal to f1 f2 f3 f4 of a mesmer or a guard or an engineer? and i know nobody is stupid enough to claim that. so right there its proven that we could use a f2 f3 of a sort. which would not matter what is put in aslong as its a skill we already have.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

even if after moving them to f1-2-3 you only got to pick 3 utilities that hit the enemy 100 damage each you’d still be gaining in power, but of course nothing is that weak.

A thief with 3 of the 4 deception skills given passively then gets to take ONTOP of those skills any 3 of: assassins signet, signet of agility, signet of shadows, infiltrators signet, roll for inititiative, caltrops, haste, scorpion wire etc etc etc.

Its not just venoms or traps left over.

The fact is if you just moved them to fskills they would either need to be nerfed to a point where those relying on them would then complain or it would make thieves much more power.

Those people with strong fskills get weaknesses else where, us with weak fskills get strengths else where, just doubling utilities with little thought is not going to be balanced in any shape of form.

This is just another vintage Daecollo suggestion that has very little thought put into it and mainly focused on the build they think is the only acceptable one and sod anyone who things otherwise.

Its a bad, it wont happen.

(edited by Dasorine.1964)

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

so its only a good idea for every class but thief? that would be biased or prejudiced.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

SwickHobo.5096

even if after moving them to f1-2-3 you only got to pick 3 utilities that hit the enemy 100 damage each you’d still be gaining in power, but of course nothing is that weak.

A thief with 3 of the 4 deception skills given passively then gets to take ONTOP of those skills any 3 of: assassins signet, signet of agility, signet of shadows, infiltrators signet, roll for inititiative, caltrops, haste, scorpion wire etc etc etc.

The fact is if you just moved them to fskills they would either need to be nerfed to a point where those relying on them would then complain or it would make thieves much more power.

Those people with strong fskills get weaknesses else where, us with weak fskills get strengths else where, just doubling utilities with little thought is not going to be balanced in any shape of form.

This is just another vintage Daecollo suggestion that has very little thought put into it and mainly focused on the build they think is the only acceptable one and sod anyone who things otherwise.

I’d give up, they clearly want no logic in this thread.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Dasorine.1964

I’d give up, they clearly want no logic in this thread.

Yep, this is me giving up, comparing fbutton mechanics that have been balanced with utilities and other profession stuff in mind to just plain old giving free utilities is just idiotic… so yeah I give up but safe in the knowledge that those in charge of doing changes probably would for the most part factor that in.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

you guys are focusing on f2 and f3 being SPECIFIC SKILLS. try focus on just getting them. they dont have to be anything yet. do u think it would benefit / be fair for a couple extra Fs? f2 and f3? answer that to make it simple. rather than ignore my several plights with examples and facts. you are stating hypotheticals on “what ifs” etc on the plausability of the skills forementioned by the thread maker. expand on them . you said giving SS/blind etc on f2 f3 is too op. FINE are you saying we shouldnt get f2 f3? are you saying maybe a different skill instead? no you are trolling. you arent even a thief. idk why non thieves come here. its bc thief takes talent to play. like ele. and the ones that do are really really good. hate on bc obvious you will ignore every single one of my questions in this msg. proof enough its trolling for me.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

OK, how about this. Compare Steal to the Guardian’s F1. Which one is better? Compare it to the Guardian’s F2. Which one is better? F3. Which one is better? I’ll remind you that Guardian F2 and F3 are both are significantly longer cooldowns than Steal.

So? Well, it’s pretty obvious that Steal is better than any of the Guardian’s virtues. Especially if you get the mug trait. And let’s face it, it’s pretty easy to trait steal.

Let’s take a look at what it CAN do:

Serpent’s Touch – Stealing applies poison for 10 seconds.
Improvisation – Stealing recharges all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions). Deal 10% more damage while wielding a bundle.
Mug – Deal damage when stealing.

Thief tango icon 20px.png Shadow Arts

Hidden Thief – Stealing grants you 2 seconds of stealth.

Thief tango icon 20px.png Trickery

Each point in Trickery increases the recharge rate of stealing by 1%.
Kleptomaniac – Stealing gives you 3 initiative.
Bountiful Theft – Stealing grants you and all nearby allies vigor for 15 seconds. Up to two boons are also ripped from your target and granted to nearby allies.
Long Reach – Increases the range on stealing.
Sleight of Hand – Stealing also dazes your target for 1 second.
Thrill of the Crime – When you steal, you and all nearby allies gain fury, might and swiftness for 10 seconds.

So why do you think you should get F2’s and F3’s when your F1 is clearly one of the best profession skills there are? You want F2 and F3? My guardian wants F4 because well Elementalists have an F4 right? So why shouldn’t we get one? Might as well let warrior get F2 F3 and F4 while you’re at it. Slippery slope is a pretty interesting thing.

People will complain they are underpowered just like people in every other class complain thieves, or any other class that rolls them, are overpowered.

Oh, and before you start hacking on guardians, let me remind you that guardians have a total of 150 more armor than thieves in full exotics annnnnd the same base amount of HP. I never complain that my virtues suck. Why? Because I’ve done the bare minimum of traiting them (short of not traiting them) and I primarily use other things to gain the advantage in fights. If you haven’t traited steal, yeah it’s not gonna be really good, but if you do, it is amazing. Especially the fact that in 20 deadly arts you can recharge all utilities of the same type with steal. Seriously dude.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Daecollo.9578

OK, how about this. Compare Steal to the Guardian’s F1. Which one is better? Compare it to the Guardian’s F2. Which one is better? F3. Which one is better? I’ll remind you that Guardian F2 and F3 are both are significantly longer cooldowns than Steal.

So? Well, it’s pretty obvious that Steal is better than any of the Guardian’s virtues. Especially if you get the mug trait. And let’s face it, it’s pretty easy to trait steal.

Improvisation – Stealing recharges all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks, or deceptions). Deal 10% more damage while wielding a bundle.

Bountiful Theft – Stealing grants you and all nearby allies vigor for 15 seconds. Up to two boons are also ripped from your target and granted to nearby allies.
Thrill of the Crime – When you steal, you and all nearby allies gain fury, might and swiftness for 10 seconds.

So why do you think you should get F2’s and F3’s when your F1 is clearly one of the best profession skills there are? You want F2 and F3? My guardian wants F4 because well Elementalists have an F4 right? So why shouldn’t we get one? Might as well let warrior get F2 F3 and F4 while you’re at it. Slippery slope is a pretty interesting thing.

People will complain they are underpowered just like people in every other class complain thieves, or any other class that rolls them, are overpowered.

Oh, and before you start hacking on guardians, let me remind you that guardians have a total of 150 more armor than thieves in full exotics annnnnd the same base amount of HP. I never complain that my virtues suck. Why? Because I’ve done the bare minimum of traiting them (short of not traiting them) and I primarily use other things to gain the advantage in fights. If you haven’t traited steal, yeah it’s not gonna be really good, but if you do, it is amazing. Especially the fact that in 20 deadly arts you can recharge all utilities of the same type with steal. Seriously dude.

Steal doesn’t have a passive effect.

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

Especially the fact that in 20 deadly arts you can recharge all utilities of the same type with steal. Seriously dude.

Why would you pick one of the most useless traits in the game in an argument about usefulness?

Remove Deception Skills.

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

Steal doesn’t have a passive effect.

Quick question. Which heal does warrior use more? Healing signet or mending.

Another question: why are five signet warriors, along with every other full signet build on any class, considered so absolutely terrible event though signets have both active and passive effects?

Especially the fact that in 20 deadly arts you can recharge all utilities of the same type with steal. Seriously dude.

Why would you pick one of the most useless traits in the game in an argument about usefulness?

I don’t get how it’s useless? Recharging both shadowstep and shadow refuge every 30-45 seconds seems pretty useful to me.

(edited by Teamkiller.4315)