Resilience of Shadows reduced to 25%

in Thief

Posted by: Shinjo.6092

Shinjo.6092

Wow…looks like the thief nerfs have already started.

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

You are literally insane if you think 50% damage reduction, stackable with Protection, as a Minor trait was EVER going to make it to the live game.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Uh, it was necessary.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

No just there my friend, not just there…
And yes, that was necessary.
[Good bye being completely invincible while using rams with ram-mastery :´<]

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

25% is still really good

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

50% former RoS + 50% ram mastery = 75% damage reduction, they dont add up directly

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

It also got moved from Grandmaster to Minor, so now it won’t compete with Shadow’s Rejuvenation. Taking 25% less damage, regenerating health and initiative and removing conditions while in stealth sounds pretty darn good to me.

Melder – Thief

in Thief

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Yeah i kittened about it being OP on the forums, but that’s because it was made minor. I’d love to see 50% reduction, but as it was – a grandmaster major, that you have to choose instead of venomous aura or shadow’s rejuvenation.

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

25% is still op. Especially combined with the ressing minor

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well it doesn’t work at all against engineers anyway. In fact, we even get 10% more damage instead :p

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

the saddest nerf was retiring my infusion of shadows :’(

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

50% former RoS + 50% ram mastery = 75% damage reduction, they dont add up directly

Goes to 83% with protection lol.

Full mastery superior AC’s start hitting for far less damage than SR regenerates, too. Unless a blob jumps down and starts swinging at the door, the thief would be basically invincible while ramming, unless there were like… 10 AC’s all concentrating fire, and then the thief starts slowly draining.

The trait was really OP though, and absolutely had to get nerfed. I was hoping for some kind of fun revealed mechanics though instead as to punish stealth spammers.

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

The trait was really OP though, and absolutely had to get nerfed. I was hoping for some kind of fun revealed mechanics though instead as to punish stealth spammers.

Because Stealth Trap, Lock On, Sick ’Em and Analyze are so skillful and fun counters to stealth thieves.

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Because Stealth Trap, Lock On, Sick ’Em and Analyze are so skillful and fun counters to stealth thieves.

No no I mean benefits for being revealed, like RT, except for some mitigation, so stealth spammers get punished for not revealing themselves.

Clearer?

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

No no I mean benefits for being revealed, like RT

Now, THAT’S what I’m wanting! I like the idea of Revealed giving a thief benefits… especially if Revealed Training is traited. The +200 power is nice and all, but it’s not that special. Why not give us some utility on top of that? Like the new Haste or Swiftness… or even Stability.

Or, if we want to get crazy, some damage reduction while Revealed… or decreasing Revealed duration by a third.

It would at least give some counterplay to revealing abilities that other professions have come Tuesday. And we would have to give up Panic Strike to gain it.

Of course, I still want the ability to Backstab while unstealthed if I’m behind the target. Just make Backstab possible only when not Revealed, and have Backstab apply Revealed, but perhaps with a shorter duration than usual. I don’t like having to enter stealth just to get access to the most powerful attacks.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

No no I mean benefits for being revealed, like RT

Now, THAT’S what I’m wanting! I like the idea of Revealed giving a thief benefits… especially if Revealed Training is traited. The +200 power is nice and all, but it’s not that special. Why not give us some utility on top of that? Like the new Haste or Swiftness… or even Stability.

Or, if we want to get crazy, some damage reduction while Revealed… or decreasing Revealed duration by a third.

It would at least give some counterplay to revealing abilities that other professions have come Tuesday. And we would have to give up Panic Strike to gain it.

Of course, I still want the ability to Backstab while unstealthed if I’m behind the target. Just make Backstab possible only when not Revealed, and have Backstab apply Revealed, but perhaps with a shorter duration than usual. I don’t like having to enter stealth just to get access to the most powerful attacks.

It’d be cool if the new line revolved around bonuses while being revealed.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It would be cool if that line made any sense but it doesn’t – they completely butchered it.
Probably because it’s always “SA is OP, stealth spamming scrub” yeah so the trait most of you redeemed to be OP got buffed wheras everything else got nerfed. Makes perfect sense. Also that stealth is seen as a group play mechanic. I mean when solo roaming, the times I rez an ally are plenty! And I really need to be stealthed while doing so because everybody knows to stop attacking when downed and a thief is coming to rez you = it’s completely useless, the whole line is and yeah, I’m disappointed – I’m sick of having to relearn this game every year.

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

I think revealed bonusses are nice. But look what happend with Assasins reward, we got a 1 second stability and nobody chose it because it was underpowered. (if it was buffed to 5 it would probably be too OP again)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

You are literally insane if you think 50% damage reduction, stackable with Protection, as a Minor trait was EVER going to make it to the live game.

Even then, 25% is still broken only because it can be used in conjunction with SR.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

(if it was buffed to 5 it would probably be too OP again)

Would that be the case with the new stability change?

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *