Ricochet... gone???

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

The reason for so many views with no official response is because like many of us have pointed out, there are severe flaws in the Dev teams logic and thinking. Anet’s left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing.

So instead of contradicting themselves further in kitten, the Justin Bieber-hairdo-sporting-emo-adults will continue to do what they do, further ruining a once great game with their misguided sense of fun and lack of logic.

I’m sure an over zealous mod will come by and ban me a 6th time for saying the truth.
Or a contradictory white knight will come by and try to tell me how wrong my opinion is because… their “feels”. Oh well. Either way it’s bound to be more fun than the heap of a grindy, unbalanced mess GW2 has become. I’ve quit going on a month now with 0 regrets. Wish I would have done it 1.5 years sooner with the rest of my guild/friends list!

all of my this. 100% and as the forum moderators come around, they will nod their head and silently agree lol then keep on movin along

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Girbilcannon.8259

Girbilcannon.8259

I thought I was over this until I just noticed what the icon for the Invigorating Precision trait is. The sadness is 100% back.

I agree. Why must they tease?

And about the ankle shots thing, who am I kidding anyways? I don’t even roll ankle shots because I find myself doing more consistent damage rolling Practiced Tolerance. It really is all based off of stat balances though and to each their own I guess, to each their own.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

It saddens me to say, but at least blizzard responds when something like this happens.

Are you kidding? In StarCraft 2, 6 months ago Blizzard abruptly nerfed the hell out of the Swarm Host, changing it from a core unit that was essential in many, many games, to such a terrible option that it is never, ever made anymore, especially not in professional play. And the playerbase erupted with masses of complaints that lasted for months. Heck, people are still complaining about it 6 months later, and there’s still no change.

And don’t even get me started on the slew of fundamental problems with the game that have existed since SC2’s beta (of which I was a part of, so I would know). All things considered Anet is far better at addressing player concerns than Blizzard could ever hope to be.

But with that being said, until Anet fixes p/p on thief, I will continue to not play thief, because I don’t like being forced to abandon my old build and switch to a different playstyle simply because “it hurt the purity of pistols”. And I will continue to voice my complaints over them unfairly nerfing an already underwhelming weapon set.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Gone baby gone, love is gone, yeah, gone baby gone, love is gone away. (xylophone solo)

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Man, I still think giving it the same properties as the dragonhunter longbow auto-attack would be a good way to bring it back. I mean, at the time of the dragonhunter’s release, Anet was very proud of themselves for having developed this new technology for battling mobs (they said so themselves), so why not apply that technology to the thief’s pistols as well? It would encourage proper positioning and keep thieves on the move, which is what thieves are all about: moving and positioning. Why not play off that?

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

still no any news?

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Shimekiri.1580

Shimekiri.1580

I’ve been away from the game ever since the patch hit, only logging in casually a few times, hoping for something to change, to no avail. There’s too many people always claiming it’s the end of the game and whatnot, although its simply the end of the game for us few, who truly mainly enjoyed playing it in the fashion that was now broken down and removed.

I’ll continue to withhold all my purchases and not play the game, for as long as P/P remains in an unplayable/unenjoyable state and hope that at some point, with all of the concerns raised by the many other P/P Ricochet thieves out there aswell, this massive blunder will get rectified. The devs at Anet really dropped the the ball on this one. Badly. I just wish they realize its not a sign of weakness but courage to just step up and admit their mistake and then rectify it.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Girbilcannon.8259

Bringing us back to the front page here…

This issue cannot afford to go forgotten and left behind. We NEED our ricochet and demand justice!

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Ekhetrima.9651

Ekhetrima.9651

All these weeks and the only thing we’ve heard from the devs on Ricochet was from a comment on a Twitch stream.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

It saddens me to say, but at least blizzard responds when something like this happens.

I take it you never played a rogue in WoW? The silent treatment they got for 5+ years at a time makes what’s happening to Thief in GW2 pale in comparison.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Girbilcannon.8259

funny because i mained a rogue from vanilla through cata (then i quit). No blizzard never made direct changes and it seems like thats what people think i mean. what I mean to clear the air is that on the forums, there was always a blizzard rep to mediate the issues and they would release notes as to what changes where being made before and after making them. There was no silent treatment on the forums and I had no complaints. This silent treatment I am complaining about here is the fact that they butcher something and then leave it completely pathetic while they work on this revenant character in the background instead of addressing what is currently a problem (break something that isn’t broken, then leave it in pieces while they fix something that isn’t even available to the public yet).

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

still no any news?

Not even a hint, it’s like they pretend this ever growing thread doesn’t even exist….

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Welp, we’re talking about a profession in the hand of the one responsible for tempest… and that said person apparently isn’t that fond of dealing with the thief class sooooo…

but heh, we never know

(edited by Tabootrinket.2631)

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

still no any news?

Not even a hint, it’s like they pretend this ever growing thread doesn’t even exist….

ANet are champs of not saying a word about parts of the game players care about. How long have WvW achievements been broken… they mentioned it a couple times over the years but mostly nothing.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Youkay.5294

Youkay.5294

Wow, still nothing! Impressive!

I left the game since the latest patch and am trying out new MMORPGs. Wildstar had a sad launch, but at least their Devs care and have a good sense of humor. Or maybe Skyforge? I dunno…

Anyway, this game is nothing but nostalgia for the times things were not broken…

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: MasterZeigh.5832

MasterZeigh.5832

I really dont recommend skyforge atm.
It is one of the most boring game i have played this year.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Gamblit.5041

Gamblit.5041

I was in a process of reinstalling the game, when i read this topic.

There is no more point in playing Gw2.

Hiting my uninstall button after this message.

Bye bye.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

Warriors can launch fireballs from a sword, but ricochet goes against “purity of pistol.”

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: RoenHawk.5891

RoenHawk.5891

I have also been so upset about losing the pistol/pistol ability that the Dev’s should have just dropped that combo ability all together because it wouldn’t have been worse than what they did. Now the thief is so one dimensional now that it is boring as hell to play. All I do on my thief now is pass him up on the list of all the classes I can choose at the logon screen. So sad that they took a weapon combo completely out of the game like this. I just got done upgrading my pistols to top tear and then they go and jack it all up like this. I hope they get the point that a ton of use liked playing something that was completely different and not seen on other classes and reverse course.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I noticed that there was a skill that would kinda ricochet/bounce back/cascades…

https://vine.co/v/eDgTXzrJMAu

Something tells me it does so 100% of the time, which makes it okay, since there’s no RNG involved…

Nvm, I think that skill is the longbow’s F1…
Dat shot gun effect on rifle though… Well I guess, pistols can’t do that.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

if the initial burst will not kill me that Insane Burn will roast me pretty fast.
:(

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: norby.9625

norby.9625

Since the patch upgrade, I spent hours debugging a GW2 crash issue that kept me from playing. Now that I noticed my p/p builds has been cut back, there is no reason for me to keep playing. By far it was no max stat build, but it was a lot of fun to play. It was fairly viable in pve. My build completely revolved around gaining life from bullet hell. Not only do I lose the damage and mob control, I also lose a significant amount of return healing. I think the mute response from Anet proves that they are working on a gunslinger or just don’t care. If HoT doesn’t bring it back, I doubt I will be upgrading. Lately I only log in for the rewards just to keep current. It’s a dang shame…

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

if the initial burst will not kill me that Insane Burn will roast me pretty fast.
:(

Bettter cleanse it fast.

Attachments:

Join the TEEFs!

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

So did they ever comment on Ricochet ever yet?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

They’re pretending it never existed. Best you do the same.

Join the TEEFs!

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Why would they ever want to comment with attitudes like this?

Fishsticks

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Seabreeze.8437

You’ve got a point, which is why I’d like to keep this thread more about throwing ideas around rather than bad-mouthing Anet. I’m as frustrated as anyone about this, but calling the devs out would only get this thread locked and all our discussions would be in vain.

They may not be responding, but I’m confident they are reading these, so let’s be as constructive as we can. So anyways, I still believe that adding the functionality that the Dragonhunter’s longbow auto-attack has would be the best way to allow for AoE mob damage with pistols (as in, bullets will bounce to enemies behind your target). Piercing is okay too, but after playing with the DH during the beta weekend, I found the bouncing mechanic to be really fluid and fun! Plus, seeing as how the berserker is another elite spec that’ll have crazy mob damage (did you guys see that gun flame?! Sol Badguy would be proud to let the berserkers use his own move like that), it kinda makes the thief’s lack of ricochet more glaring.

In my opinion, bouncing bullets just seem to fit the theme of a trick-shooting thief better than simply piercing bullets.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

They did. “too much RNG and it took away from the purity of pistols.”
It making any lick of sense is another issue entirely.

It must be all our faults because of our salty language and not because Anet doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing and the community caught wind of it.

rolls eyes

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Well, since the elite spec is Staff, looks like Ricochet won’t be coming back even as the Elite.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Seabreeze.8437

Well, since the elite spec is Staff, looks like Ricochet won’t be coming back even as the Elite.

Well to be optimistic, there are going to be more elite specs in the future. I for one am excited beyond reason about the idea of a melee staff thief, but I still want something for my little gunslinging asura thief. That said, there very well could be a Gunslinger elite spec later on that focuses on firearms for the profession.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Doggie.3184

They did. “too much RNG and it took away from the purity of pistols.”
It making any lick of sense is another issue entirely.

It must be all our faults because of our salty language and not because Anet doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing and the community caught wind of it.

rolls eyes

Couldn’t they of just removed the RNG from it then? .-.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I think it’s pretty much time to make this thread lively. Since the devs will soon ask for feedback, they’ll most likely come to this subforum.
Let’s make sure this topic gets noticed

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

I think it’s pretty much time to make this thread lively. Since the devs will soon ask for feedback, they’ll most likely come to this subforum.
Let’s make sure this topic gets noticed

agreed

[SA]

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

If we don’t get it back this week through elite specs or get another massive buff I’m maining another profession.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

rolls eyes

And yours is the method that will pierce the heavens?

I made a post about it earlier in this thread. Perhaps this could help explain parts of it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Ricochet-gone/page/6#post5262618

Fishsticks

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Doggie.3184

rolls eyes

And yours is the method that will pierce the heavens?

I made a post about it earlier in this thread. Perhaps this could help explain parts of it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Ricochet-gone/page/6#post5262618

I didn’t find any explanation with that. =/

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: norby.9625

norby.9625

Despite the RNG of it, or the funky look and reaction of it, it made the pistol/pistol combo viable. By removing it and not adding something to help account for it’s loss, even in PVE the build is horribly broken. It seems to me that Anet is second guessing the thought of a dual pistol thief. Instead of removing it completely (since so many people put so much into it) they just nerfed the heck out of it to make it so broken that everyone that was using it leaves eventually. If you can give me a truly viable p/p build under the new traits, I’ll amend my stance. Until then, Anet should know that its broken and they should take responsibility for it. Maybe they should take a second look and fix it. Considering the new staff weapon coming to the class, I doubt they care at all. That’s the perception that they have created.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Ekhetrima.9651

Ekhetrima.9651

Excellent. It seems Ricochet is not gone… they just gave it to warriors.

Ok, they called it a piercing trait, but that looked like it “pierced” in all sorts of directions (much better than ricochet ever was). I’d be pretty happy for that on my pistols.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Excellent. It seems Ricochet is not gone… they just gave it to warriors.

Ok, they called it a piercing trait, but that looked like it “pierced” in all sorts of directions (much better than ricochet ever was). I’d be pretty happy for that on my pistols.

Lol, kitten sugarbaby class gets everything.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: bakuretso.7125

bakuretso.7125

Up
“We removed ricochet from thief because “the purity of pistols”, and will give it to warrior, who throw a fireball with his sword" such a facepalm…

(edited by bakuretso.7125)

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Yes, Ricochet is gone and they already commented why. More QQing will not change it back nor get you a new answer. Either find a new game or a new build/profession.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Up
“We removed ricochet from thief because “the purity of pistols”, and will give it to warrior, who throw a fireball with his sword" such a facepalm…

Just a poor excuse when they couldn’t find a rational one. Them not liking the RNG is a rational excuse but deleting the trait entirely instead of just deleting the RNG isn’t a rational fix though.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Girbilcannon.8259

The death of opportunist and ricochet means the death of pistols. I finally got sick of it because i couldn’t keep up with the numbers, consistency, aoe dmg, survivability, and shear fun of the game. They took our pistol mastery and turned it into the crappy inconsistent ankle shots and looks like they gave it to staffs in “staff master.” Pretty much I feel like we are dead in the water and we are going to be forced to play the way they want us to. This is my last post on this thread because I may just be done with thief all together because other weapon sets are just boring. Thanks ANet…here is something you should consider when thinking of new weapon skins…

Attachments:

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Wolverine.1876

Wolverine.1876

Goodbye GW2. Goodbye Anet.

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: Pedroso.4603

Pedroso.4603

This is something that just crossed my mind:
Anet simply removed mechanics, traits, whatevs from our weapon sets and traits and then gave it to the new Elit Spec (see acro line and compare with the new traits). For me it just looks like they are pushing us to buy HoT:
“Yeah, you can play our game without buying the expansion, but what’s left without it is pure garbage, still, you are free to choose, no pressure.”

Remember guys: a game, specially a mmo does not survive on Dev’s dreams and passion alone, investors want some money flowing back, and most of the Devs decisions have to make up for that, sadly.

Let’s crowd fund a balance/Traits team for Anet. /sarcasm

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I think they are trying to define pistol as a single target focus weapon and shortbow as aoe. However longbow is used more for utility. We need ricochet…

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

(edited by The V.8759)

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Shortbow please, not longbow :p

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Shortbow please, not longbow :p

Woops, edited. But you get my point

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Ricochet... gone???

in Thief

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Haven’t played thief for a month now. Decided to hop on my alt last night just because I miss him. Still no Ricochet, still no reason to p/p. Come to this forum to find the thread. Still no response from aNet, let alone a promise to fix it. And then I see Daredevil with a staff.

Sadness complete.

Determination not to buy HoT or buy gems: reinforced.