SA trait line less desirable post HoT

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Will you run full shadow arts in HoT? I may not….

in Thief

Posted by: Blooperz.6145

Blooperz.6145

informative post, 10/10 would read again. =D

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

As condi, yes. Otherwise, unsure.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

If I may be pedantic for a moment, “full” shadow arts is redundant as it is no longer possible to run “partial” shadow arts. You either run it or you don’t.

In any case, I have at least one build out of the four I currently use that will, likely two.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I already refuse to because it’s unfun and corny, so with it having an appropriate power distribution, and my other favorite lines getting buffed, no.

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I already refuse to because it’s unfun and corny, so with it having an appropriate power distribution, and my other favorite lines getting buffed, no.

I believe this is anets intention, an attempt to make the other damage or evasion based trait lines more attractive for power builds.

So far so good….

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I believe this is anets intention, an attempt to make the other damage or evasion based trait lines more attractive for power builds.

So far so good….

>.> So that way, the QQ’ers will get what they want. They will be to always see us…. just might have troubles hitting.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

One so far full condition build. That will be P/P unless I can work out something that works power.

I KNOW trickery and not much has changed there and I know a lot of builds will take it but I also really want to try Acro.

We also might see builds using last refuge/leeching venoms/venomous aura all out of the SA line that use no stealth. I am not sure that qualifies as a traditonal sa build and I think such a build might be fun.

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

master tier is trash/worthless but I might need some of that SA to out-stealth mesmers with new and improved PU or fellow thieves. I also do not believe thief got a better condi remove elsewhere so…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

So that way, the QQ’ers will get what they want. They will be to always see us…. just might have troubles hitting.

Well, nobody’s going to stop me from stealthing without Shadow Arts… except engies and rangers :-P

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Loving the stealth nerf to shadow’s embrace, only removes damaging conditions. Thanks Anet, more nerfs added to our “buffs”.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Honestly I don’t know if I’ll be using SA or not. I used to play 0/6/2/0/0/6 and it’s my fav build but when I joined a new guild, I eventually went full SA to be able to rez the less experienced guildies.

After first trait review, I planned on using SAT (SA/Acro/Trix) but now they buffed CS + lock on, I will probably use CAT buuuuut I am really worried about my survival vs condi.

So the plan is no SA and no rez for guildies :P

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Loving the stealth nerf to shadow’s embrace, only removes damaging conditions. Thanks Anet, more nerfs added to our “buffs”.

Where do you have that from? :o

Seems like my plan of going 66006 will be even more likely.

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Honestly I don’t know if I’ll be using SA or not. I used to play 0/6/2/0/0/6 and it’s my fav build but when I joined a new guild, I eventually went full SA to be able to rez the less experienced guildies.

After first trait review, I planned on using SAT (SA/Acro/Trix) but now they buffed CS + lock on, I will probably use CAT buuuuut I am really worried about my survival vs condi.

So the plan is no SA and no rez for guildies :P

“CAT” will have condi removal if you pick trickster trait (which why wouldn’t you?!) and obviously slot tricks (withdraw/caltrops!), so I wouldn’t worry about condi removal very much..

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Which is actually the worry. Where is the out of stealth condition removal for those that don’t want to be condition based?

Im considering DA/CS/Trick for a power-burst spec. But condition clearing will be a *

Condition based people will probably run SA and Trickery and get both clears (almost for free). Where the power thieves are stuck with putting tricks in their slots or have to go SA to clear.. Really shortsighted implementations these.

Now lets dream about this getting fixed with our new trait-line or weapon-choice!

Puz – TDA

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Where do you have that from? :o

Seems like my plan of going 66006 will be even more likely.

Come patch time, Shadow’s Embrace will only remove damaging conditions meaning we’ll be stuck with cripple / chill / vulnerability and since it currently removes any condition, I definitely consider that a nerf. I would’ve listed blind and immobilize but they GENERALLY don’t last that long, but I suppose in some cases, we’ll be stuck with immobilize on too which might not seem like it, but that’s a nerf to not only Shadow’s Embrace, but hidden thief as well since there’s been a lot of times I’ve used it to clear a condition like immobilize so I could reposition more quickly.

Also there’s going to be more nerfs, such as a nerf to SB #4 yet again, as well as withdraw having it’s CD increased unless you trait for it which means replacing bountiful theft – something that’s absolutely huge in pvp because it prevents aegis from blocking steal. So if you don’t trait for it and use withdraw, consider yourself nerfed.

Arguably I would like to say that Deadly Arts is our only truly buffed line. Acro got destroyed with the changes. It’s not going to be viable IMO, not without a 10% damage increase. That’s absolutely saddening to me, meanwhile CS looks okay, save for poor pistol thieves. But that’s Anet’s understanding of “build diversity” which means taking more builds away, patch after patch.

Then they hand us garbage tier traits like Dagger Training which no thief in their right mind is going to choose over Mug because it is simply unnecessary at it’s current values and you can’t even hope to make something out of it using a condi build. And speaking of that, they add 10% increased poison damage (to a nerfed poison damage formula, which yes it can stack, but if you can’t stack it reliably, that’s honestly a nerf to both damage AND uptime) to potent poisons without increasing the amount of poison duration (stays 33% so literally just +10% poison damage) and then move it to Grandmaster tier and pretend it’s a viable GM trait over something like executioner or improvisation. Genius :B

Oh, and if that isn’t bad enough, then how about sundering strikes? Adept tier in DA pre-changes, but after changes it’s moving to master tier in CS with no buffs to it … … … because it was so good that no one used it anyway unless in a rare case like me where Anet yet again broke hidden thief + mug so I’m stuck using that trash trait atm or I reveal myself on steal!

What a @#$%‘ing joke. Anet didn’t even try when it came to thief changes, and several of our buffs actually come with nerfs, so if you don’t take the “buffs” (traits) then you’re nerfed. All this to go with a completely destroyed traitline (acro) with an absolutely STUPID trait “Guarded Initiation” which removes specific conditions like vulnerability upon striking someone while you’re above 90% health, funny thing is we’re squishy and chances of that happening are hilariously low when we have to take damage to have those conditions on us, who even thought of this ridiculously stupid trash?

The sudden changes to shadow’s embrace is just an extra slap in the face on top of everything else, they certainly didn’t list it, I only saw it as a stealth nerf on live stream yesterday.

This is honestly Anet level trash which is kind of like them announcing that Hidden Thief (Automatically works with Meld with Shadows) when that’s ALREADY how it works! But they listed it like it meant something, when all it is, is simply filler text that will fool people into thinking it was buffed to try to make the trait sound better after reverting the changes they were going to make to it which was meshing it with descent of shadows, giving us blinding powder effect on steal + reduced fall damage. My honest guess is that they couldn’t code it right knowing how bad they are at what they do and thus had to revert changes, then wrote that to soften the blow for their well known incompetence.

Sorry for the rant in response to that … so uhm … TL:DR – Shadow’s Embrace is going from being able to clear all conditions, to only damaging conditions + a bunch of other BS Anet did to thieves.

in Thief

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

To answer your question… Yes. Because VENOMS JUST GOT BUFFED!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now my venom build is even better than ever plus its automatically supportive with venomous aura being infused with quick venoms (which was a must have for a venom build). All the venoms into 1 spec and compressed into 2 traits? Hell yes.

So much you can do now with Vampiric builds now.

I want to try to see how much sustain you can have with Assassins reward + Invigorate precision + Leeching venom.

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

You need condi removal, so yes. Shadow Rejuv is also pretty good.