SB definitely needs a nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Of all the things people complain about with regard to thieves, and all the things thieves hate, themselves, shortbow is definitely the one thing that is the most overpowered (devs even called it overpowered) things we can possibly have.

I fought a thief with a shortbow once and he onerounded me with the shortbow stealth attack. While we’re at it let’s make it so you can’t cluster the cluster bomb, nerf the evade duration on #3, and put a cooldown and cut the range in half on #5

….

But seriously, of all the things to change about thief, anything involving a shortbow nerf is just unbelievably asinine. Mind you, I play a thief and I think thieves are fine as they are, but I look at the ups and downs of the thief class, and some of the things that make people angry about it and I’m like

…shortbow? REALLY? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLY?

wow.

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Thieves are supposed to be 130 range glass-cannons. But cannons have range and thieves can’t have 900 range without a cost(heaven forbid having 1200 range like other classes). Thieves are allowed to be glass-daggers. Shatter easily like glass, inflict minor wounds like daggers and can’t reach you if you’re more than half an arm’s length away.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

if sb doesn’t do something well then its useless. 900 range on clusterbomb makes it PVE only.

right now people only use disabling shot (skill 3) and poison gas(skill 4) no real dmg. fair init.

if u think 3 is strong. let me ask you this. if u play warrior or w.e. class would u trade skills 2 3 4 5 on weapons set 1 and skills 2 and 3 on weaponset 2 for 3.5 secs of evade? if your answer is no than dont complain about disabling shot.

(edited by Travlane.5948)

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Cluster bomb should be addressed and they should cut in half the flying time.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

u guys sure want to have all thiefs weapons nerfed
U aint doing damage with shortbow , nor do u get away so easy everytime.
What about the Usain BOLts warriors, those u sure aint complaining , u cant catch them most of the times, and u start complaing about a bow.
Cookie players what u are, l2 play

twitch:enses_09

in Thief

Necrotize.2974

Me thinks some sarcasm might have been missed.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

what makes wonder is why it got nerfed on first place… i never saw a single complain about sb….ever

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

shortbow got its nerfs also like every other weaponset of the thief ,
if a thief were outplaying someone by only using shortbow, he must be very good or his enemies simply worse

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Thief

Necrotize.2974

Maybe thieves will get nerfed so hard that everyone will just accept that they are so underpowered and the few remaining thief players will be applauded for their skill and dedication to their class as they continue to thrive in the harshest of conditions…

Or maybe “STEALTH OP!!!!!1!11”

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You got killed by a sb stealth thief? What mystic creature did you find, and where? Did he have long pointy horns? Or was it a she? Soo many unanswered questions.

But really, you think sb is op? #3 spam posts are being spammed, and its all nonsense. If they actually spammed #3 over and over they would be out of initiative, and hten you don’t have to worry about #5 teleport. #4 getting a nerf btw, and #2 is insanely slow when shot at range, up close and its just player fault for standing at his feet while be slowly burns through all his initiative, and it isn’t even all that threatening tbh unless your stuck in SR and can’t get out without revealing yourself. Heaven forbid we have a counter to anyone who sits still, let alone a blast finisher, might as well turn it into [Ball of yarn], shoot a ball of yarn for the kitties to play with.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Swimfan.8014

Swimfan.8014

LOl? Sb works just as it should in PVE but in PVP it’s a joke. Whoever gets killed by a sb should leave PVP right on the spot!

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

LOl? Sb works just as it should in PVE but in PVP it’s a joke. Whoever gets killed by a sb should leave PVP right on the spot!

What if both were down to 100 health and one switched to shortbow and wins the fight? :o Do they have to leave PvP? :o
(I agree that dying from 100% by SB is ridiculous, but SB is capable of killing if used right during combat)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: Otaur.9268

What: Condition Damage (Chocking gas and caltrops specifically) and Stealth
Why: I spammed shortbow poison aoe, caltrops, etc to apply conditions on foes in area and noticed I can pretty much kill both players and monsters without becoming “revealed.” This is getting more and more popular in WvW and it is rather unfair… But this is enough, please make any damage the thieves do in stealth apply revealed. Spamming conditions from stealth should reveal them.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-Damage-and-Stealth/first#post3225311

(Side note: Never mind the Mesmer’s clones…)

This might be the cause…. Although we’re not being revealed…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Necrotize.2974

SB is a harassing tool that you use to aid allies before jumping into the fight yourself. If I see people fighting on a point I’ll usually open with choking gas+cluster to poison and area weakness then sometime another choking gas before I switch to my main weapons. It can usually shut down healing signet warriors long enough to burst them down.

But nerfing an entire weapon because you can come close to killing someone with one build with one skill in particular being the problem is insane. Honestly I’d rather them just make choking gas have some explosion damage in addition to the poison so it causes revealed if they are dead set on nerfing something. But if I had my way, they wouldn’t touch SB at all anyway so I guess just go with the lesser of two evils.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

anyone seen any videos of OP sb users? plz link lol.

if u show me 1 ill show u a picture of me wrestling sasquach

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

anyone seen any videos of OP sb users? plz link lol.

if u show me 1 ill show u a picture of me wrestling sasquach

Near the end… OP!!!! OOOOPEEE… It’s on youtube first and most main reason (because youtube montage/guides videos are a good proof of whats OP and whats not), he hasn’t died/downed… and killed others… clearly for those reasons OP…… Did i mention… it’s a thief… and thieves have stealth, so they’re op… You can’t argue when thieves have stealth, which is the root of all OP… :| so let’s see a pic of you there

(lol, ah… SoM+Dagger Storm = <3 )
(Oh yeah, I’m mocking a typical brainless QQ-er by responding like one.)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Wait, i just realized why it got nerfed. Grouch got killed by Caed in 2v2 tourney xD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

what makes wonder is why it got nerfed on first place… i never saw a single complain about sb….ever

Anet just nerfs Thieves outta spite cos’ they can’t beat em’ on their warriors.