Save Thieves Campaign [PvP]

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

but it also seems like you’re pigeon-holing yourself into playing those builds and roles unnecessarily.

That’s what I meant – you assume stuff although you don’t know anything about me, how I play wvw or what my build is – why? It’s completely unneccessary and just destroys a proper discussion. I said everything I had to say – read it or leave it, I don’t care.

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Okay, I’m sorry. I wish you luck in your attempts to compel the developers to alter the meta more to your liking. If it makes the game more balanced and enjoyable for everyone, I’m all for it.

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

Y’all sound like a bunch of wet noodles.

Hardcore buff thieves enthusiasts making exaggerated claims,
Hardcore nerf thieves enthusiasts making exaggerated claims,
Level Headed people making decent claims,

Standard Thief Thread.

Here’s the bottom line, regardless of whatever your thought process is;

Thieves need no damage buffs. Thieves need no Utility buffs. Thieves need defence buffs.

That’s all.

Thieves are the most squishy class in the game, stripping away all defence mechanics and dealing with getting hit naturally.

So the general consensus is to give us some solid defence mechanics, right? Right. We rely heavily on things like Stealth and evades to survive buuuuut, we don’t have any specific damage mitigation. The Thieves problem is we get blown up so quickly out of stealth or when we’re not evading. We totally rely on not getting hit. We can’t take hits, so we have to play like kitten, hence Stealth reliance.
We need some proper damage mitigation. Daredevil is getting some with the new Weakness trait fix they’ve announced today buuuuut, that’s not enough. We need some proper damage mitigation for both physical and condition based.

I’ve proposed several times, give the Revealed Training trait 5 seconds of Resistance. Condition problems are solved with a competitive trait against Panic Strike.

Shift some traits in the Shadow Arts Tree around and make a new Grandmaster. Make it so that effects from stealth apply to you whilst revealed. This adds competition for Shadow Rejuvenation and solves our damage mitigation issues.

Stop blowing kitten outa proportion guys.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

in Thief

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Where do some of you think you have any credibility when you do not play thief? I am not saying that thieves are underpowered since I do not know and do not play one just because there are meta builds does not mean they are fine.

in Thief

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Where do some of you think you have any credibility when you do not play thief? I am not saying that thieves are underpowered since I do not know and do not play one just because there are meta builds does not mean they are fine.

One does not need to play a thief to realize that the class needs its defenses buffed in pvp. I find people who are sincerely concerned about the class balance of this game to be much more credible than say….an opinionated, over-critical, person as you with very little to bring in the discussion.

Oh and wtf, according to your forum comments, you’re still a noob yet you feel all high and mighty, looking down on people with legitimate concerns and disregarding them for not playing the class

Edit: I play all 8

EU since Aug 2012

(edited by cakeonroof.7385)

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

One does not need to play a thief to realize that the class needs its defenses buffed in pvp.

^

He’s right you know.

Thief alt.

We just need sustain.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

I don’t think this thread is really going to help, tbh. It’s evident from the ongoing development that Anet regrets adding thief to the game, and it was just a nod to other popular MMOs with rogue classes in an effort to mainstream the franchise. They’re trying their hardest to encourage scope creep on the mesmer skillset to evolve the class into the “can do everything thief can do better class” so that anyone interested in actually enjoying the game needs to move over to that. The upcoming increase in reveal skills (super deadly to thieves, especially those builds built around SR, kinda meh for mesmers that revolve around relatively short-duration stealths and wtfomg clone armies) just serves to underscore this, as well as the rather lackluster dodge-based skills/traits upcoming for thief, which also seem to be moving it father away from the role of an assassin roamer to more of a +1 support monk-like class.

(edited by Reaven.3958)

in Thief

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

Thieves need no damage buffs. Thieves need no Utility buffs. Thieves need defence buffs.

Totally agree – there’s no need to buff damage; we do enough damage. Anyone calling for more damage is still in awe at the ‘one shot kill’ philosophy; time to stop dreaming of just backstabbing to death.

The utility skills are fine imo.

Defence buffs… well, yes, we die mighty quick.

Personally I think 6s of resistance on reveal is too strong (especially since reveal is shorter) and it’d need a cooldown to ensure it’s not abused (aka instant reveal for another 6s of resistance in order to smash a condi class into oblivion).

Personally I just want the old Shadows Embrace back, removing 1 condi on stealth and thereafter every 3s. A damage mitigation for d/d thieves (either give us blind on 5, or increase the evade of death blossom to make it more predictable evade.. or better yet, both) and that’s probably about it.

That and fixing the pathing issues for shadow step, sb5 and more. Especially sb5 which takes the init and returns you back to the start with the sudden (no such path). If there’s no path, don’t take my kitten initiative!

in Thief

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Had a thief carry uber hard in a recent match. Unreal fast decaps, amazing+1 timing, game turning rez…all good stuff we won yada yada

Been playing for a long time so I understand the true value of the teammates’ contribution and this thief was hustling hard

During the match, when I was praising thief in my head, he got downed 1v1 at a point and someone from team called him a noob for dying fast and being the lowest scoring person pls don’t queue rank

I’d be annoyed as fuq to the point of raging like a madman if I were in the thief’s shoes. But luckily he was either a patient guy or ignored chat completely or was too busy to care what the imbecile teammate thought.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Had a thief carry uber hard in a recent match. Unreal fast decaps, amazing+1 timing, game turning rez…all good stuff we won yada yada

Been playing for a long time so I understand the true value of the teammates’ contribution and this thief was hustling hard

During the match, when I was praising thief in my head, he got downed 1v1 at a point and someone from team called him a noob for dying fast and being the lowest scoring person pls don’t queue rank

I’d be annoyed as fuq to the point of raging like a madman if I were in the thief’s shoes. But luckily he was either a patient guy or ignored chat completely or was too busy to care what the imbecile teammate thought.

we got used to it, best part when you try to defend only point you have and nobody from team ever comes to help but rages at you~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

there’s no need to buff damage; we do enough damage.

I think that’s debatable. Personally, I’d prefer to actually have viable choices so if I want to go for sustain, I can. But also, if I want to go Glass Cannon, I can do that also.

Honestly, I can go full glass, and I haven’t been downed by an initial Thief burst since before I can remember… even with a Sleight of Hand and Basilisk Venom opening. But a Mesmer can insta-burst me down from Stealth with no problem.

Do Thieves do decent damage? Yes. Do Thieves do enough damage? When compared with everyone else, I don’t think so. Again, a Glass Cannon, I would think, should be able to do more sustained damage than so called “Bruisers.”

But once more, I would suggest giving the Thief options to build defensively or offensively depending on the player’s choice. As it stands, the Thief can’t compare with others in either way.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

I dont want to reroll…. please make us viable compared to other specs.

in Thief

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

What other specs have you tried, BlackBunny?

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

I’m just going to cite the +1/decap argument for this one. Yeah yeah, it’s not fun, but saying thief isn’t viable is not true. What we do need is more viable options, though that basically extends to every class.

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I’m just going to cite the +1/decap argument for this one. Yeah yeah, it’s not fun, but saying thief isn’t viable is not true. What we do need is more viable options, though that basically extends to every class.

I want to see you say it when expansion hits…. i highly doubt that we will be able to keep even +1 pet role anymore.

All is Vain~

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

I want to see you say it when expansion hits…. i highly doubt that we will be able to keep even +1 pet role anymore.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but who would succeed us on our signature role?

in Thief

Cynz.9437

we kept our “signature role” so far because keeping up with sb5 can be troublesome on vertical maps… frankly in many cases brining thief is not even that great

once hot hits, if enemy has thief, bring rev -> roaming thief is no problem anymore (if you don’t know what i mean, look up rev and chrono skill set for that matter)
stealth we bring will be also worthless due to revaled handled out to everyone like candy

just a side note: ofc it is all biased but there is no smoke w/o fire…
(top) weakest class in pretty much all game modes… the corncerns are there and i don’t think they are unjustified
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3ogb4s/follow_up_analysis_of_gw2_community_opinion_on/

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Now we are hanging on a thread as a +1 pet. You know what, I don’t mind being a pet seeing how ranger’s pets have gotten smarter and more useful than rangers.

My thief is afraid of updates. Updates are like attrition damage to the class. I hope expansion doesn’t put us in downed state. This reveal stuff is unnecessary, it really is. Maybe if they stopped giving out free stealth to classes that don’t need it (engie, ranger etc) reveal wouldn’t be necessary.

EU since Aug 2012

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Other classes can’t +1? Is that even possible?

You mean the mobility? I personally wouldn’t mind trading the only role we have for at least two roles… Or maybe even 1 different role, and keep it switching every X months.

Edit: I just realized, they can’t +1, they can only +2-5. You’re right, no one can take the signature role of +1’ing.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Cheer up guys!, join the dark side and play p/d condi thief

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

You contradicted yourself that build and set only works in WvW and PvE where anything can work. The few that existed in PvP died after core spec patch mine did as well. Saw of few ballerina thieves around during BWE 2 and 3 but meh even with upcoming DD changes I’ll count a condi thief as a sticky pet I don’t even care for venom bombing anymore.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Lyger.5429

You contradicted yourself that build and set only works in WvW and PvE where anything can work. The few that existed in PvP died after core spec patch mine did as well. Saw of few ballerina thieves around during BWE 2 and 3 but meh even with upcoming DD changes I’ll count a condi thief as a sticky pet I don’t even care for venom bombing anymore.

Hey it may not be pvp meta but it’s pretty fun to down people at a rate faster or equal to condi mes.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Hey it may not be pvp meta but it’s pretty fun to down people at a rate faster or equal to condi mes.

I have so many questions….

Condi mesmer?! Where were you? Who were you fighting? What build were you using? Did you die right after or a lot overall? Does your team usually lose? Have you fought a condi mesmer? What year was it? What did you take or smoke? Condi mesmer?!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

^ this condi Mesmer is one of the weakest Mesmer Specs.

in Thief

Lyger.5429

I have so many questions….

Condi mesmer?! Where were you? Who were you fighting? What build were you using? Did you die right after or a lot overall? Does your team usually lose? Have you fought a condi mesmer? What year was it? What did you take or smoke? Condi mesmer?!

Was using a variant of the old p/d with venoms. As for losing… lets just say my win rate doubled after I switched from d/p to p/d and often having the highest score of the 2 teams. It’s no doubt cheesy but it’s hilarious to down people that quickly.

^ this condi Mesmer is one of the weakest Mesmer Specs.

I don’t know about weakest..maybe pvp (where it is still strong against classes like thieves imo) but it’s meta in wvw. At this point I would say mantra is probably the weakest mes builds.

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I main both Mes and Theif and condi is very weak unless against inexperienced players, even as a thief I don’t find too many issues with them, normally I figured either out after I die once and will be ready, but I run Signet of agility and S/D so most time I can keep condi off of me with my Generosity sigil