Shadow Shot ignores projectile hate

in Thief

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Why does Shadow Shot ignore projectile destruction or reflect? I use my Swirling Winds and thief just goes right through. Sure it’s not a big deal on bunker ele, but what about when I’m playing fresh air?

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

its because SS is unblockable, would have worked same if i put on basi then my black powder/headshot goes through any sort of projectile stuff

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

its to remind you of superiority of your d/p thief overlords

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

Tomiyou.3790

its to remind you of superiority of your d/p thief overlords

^^

in Thief

Tomiyou.3790

its because SS is unblockable, would have worked same if i put on basi then my black powder/headshot goes through any sort of projectile stuff

I don’t know if I can agree with this. At least remove their blind if it goes through projectile hate.

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

I don’t know if I can agree with this. At least remove their blind if it goes through projectile hate.

It has nothing to do with agreeing or not, i simply told you how it works – this is how unblockable works in their coding

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

In terms of the utility shadowshot provide I could agree IF it would still be the time when they changed the skill to unblockable (before it was unblockable, if you reflected it, you would have been ported to the thief ^^ ). Being offensive and defensive that powerful is a reason D/P is/was meta. Back then it turned out fast to be very strong. NOW with HoT the amount of skills being offensive AND defensive at the same time increased a lot. Thinking about current situation its fine. The blind being unblockable provides interesting plays like blinding shield 4 mes or shield of wrath guard.
Either everything gets reduced or skills subpar (I would say CnD is a good example here :P ) have to be brought up to everything else.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

To give a little more context to why they made it unblockable: They’re unable to seperate the blind part of the skill from the melee attack. It was easy to abuse reflects pulling opponents to you against their will and attempting to stab you (not allowing them to dodge or cast abilities right after they were pulled). There was no counterplay to it in sPvP where you could pull a bunker guardian (they used to run reflect wall back in the day) and then steamroll them, and shortly thereafter, their team.

Hope that makes a little more sense.

in Thief

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

To give a little more context to why they made it unblockable: They’re unable to seperate the blind part of the skill from the melee attack. It was easy to abuse reflects pulling opponents to you against their will and attempting to stab you (not allowing them to dodge or cast abilities right after they were pulled). There was no counterplay to it in sPvP where you could pull a bunker guardian (they used to run reflect wall back in the day) and then steamroll them, and shortly thereafter, their team.

Hope that makes a little more sense.

true, anet loves the absence of counterplay on projectile walls so much that they even had to buff thief to preserve it

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

If it didn’t then you would get pulled to the thief lol.

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Those were the days, now they should return it and give Thief large AoE damage….. wait that kind of reminds me of a class already…. lol

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Correct, and it used to be this way. Developers realized a 900-range pull on no cooldown when against projectile hate/denial was actually kind of overpowered and unintentional.

I’m frankly surprised they haven’t just added a third invisible/no-animation “attack” that does 0 damage that inflicts the blind to make it able to be blocked.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Why does Shadow Shot ignore projectile destruction or reflect? I use my Swirling Winds and thief just goes right through. Sure it’s not a big deal on bunker ele, but what about when I’m playing fresh air?

The shot portion is unblockable (hence immune from reflect) and does minimal damage. There are other abilities that share this feature such as Signet of Might and Blast Gyro. The melee portion isn’t subject to reflect but is to block. So if something is blocking, the shot hits, does minimal damage, blinds and proceeds to block the melee attack. Reflect does block 99% of targeted range skills and often has many a build sitting around waiting it out so lets not get too dramatic with these fairly minor exceptions.

As to why these skills exist partially a game mechanic issue I imagine and partially for balance.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

there no ranged dmg on shadow shot to reflect dual skills act in 2 parts using offhand weapon first and then main hand so if you where to reflect shadow shot you only be reflecting teleport make scene you teleport to thief but teleport deal no dmg so reflecting it mean nothing lol.