Shadowstep/steal is ridiculous

in Thief

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Not for the reasons you think. I absolutely cannot stand shadowstep’s ability to teleport up terrain that is otherwise impassable.

Example: Thief teleporting around the ruins outside the Blue keep in EB. Every other class has to run around and up the stairs… They are unkillable in there because they can teleport up levels and nobody can follow.

Example: Cliffs outside of Green keep/ Along SMC west wall in EB. Every other class has to run around and up… thieves just teleport up instantly.

Example: Middle tower of Khylo… thieves can teleport up and in instantly.

I could go on and on all day.

I don’t give a rat’s kitten if thieves teleport around on flat ground, but this is just stupid. This is fun for precisely nobody but the thieves themselves and is a uniquely bullkitten mechanic.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Thief

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Everything you pointed out works for ANY teleport in the game (granted the range allows for it):

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Teleport

Seriously…. get a clue before you embarrass yourself.

in Thief

Posted by: bbp.5762

bbp.5762

More classes than thief have tele…

in Thief

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

ha…have you seen mesmers before? the class with the purple butterfly particles?

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

ha…have you seen mesmers before? the class with the purple butterfly particles?

kitten those purple butterfly particles. They think they are so cool since the portal sound effect is the old theme song for the game played in reverse

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: NiisanSora.6289

NiisanSora.6289

I have much better luck teleporting with my Guardian than my Thief (I always get the No Vaild Path to Target message with my Thief if I am not on the same completely smooth surface as my target, even if I am literally right next to him).

in Thief

Posted by: Nefejrangh.2584

Nefejrangh.2584

Thats nothing, a thief broke into clock tower with a “teleport skill”, he stole my boons and then he went away . . .
I payed for those boons, i worked hard for them and now all is lost. . .

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Not for the reasons you think. I absolutely cannot stand shadowstep’s ability to teleport up terrain that is otherwise impassable.

Example: Thief teleporting around the ruins outside the Blue keep in EB. Every other class has to run around and up the stairs… They are unkillable in there because they can teleport up levels and nobody can follow.

Example: Cliffs outside of Green keep/ Along SMC west wall in EB. Every other class has to run around and up… thieves just teleport up instantly.

I don’t give a rat’s kitten if thieves teleport around on flat ground, but this is just stupid. This is fun for precisely nobody but the thieves themselves and is a uniquely bullkitten mechanic.

Don’t worry mate, if thief would only stand a chance in 1v1, he won’t ever port away. But I guess you’re complaining cos you lost an easy kill.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Nemaides.6873

Nemaides.6873

The funny thing is that you can easily shadowstep on higher floor (Kyhlo’s tower clock roof for example), but get a “no valid path” when shadowstepping on an almost flat floor.

And when it comes to shadowstepping on stairs in wvw keeps or towers (or steal someone on stairs), it’s just not possible.

in Thief

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

Don’t worry mate, if thief would only stand a chance in 1v1, he won’t ever port away. But I guess you’re complaining cos you lost an easy kill.

That is the truest thing I’ve read all day.

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

“nerf shadowstep, mesmer portal is fine”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

So you want them to nerf teleports AGAIN?