Sigil for a valkyrie/backstab thief

in Thief

Posted by: Rakanishu.2980

Rakanishu.2980

So the spec I use for WvWvW and some PvE (not dungeons) is a full shadow arts and critical strikes with valkyrie gear focusing on backstab damage, full set of rune of the scholar.

So I’m pretty happy with everything in my setup, except I can’t decide on what sigils to use for the daggers. Right now I just have superior sigils of force, but I’m sure one of the on crit cooldown ones could come in handy for one of the daggers. Anyone have any recommendations of what they’ve tried and liked?

in Thief

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I’d say use sigil of fire or air (air does slightly more damage to 1 target and is WAY cheaper, fire is aoe)

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

Posted by: Jaden.9072

Jaden.9072

bloodlust and might, +300 pow with both

Party on, television off.

in Thief

Berengar.6951

Put bloodlust on your shortbow

[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I use a totally different weapon for on-kill stacks in PvE. Once I’ve stacked power or precision or MF I switch to a more combat oriented weapon. With a pair of on-kill sigils you can get your 25 stacks fairly quickly and not have to worry about an essentially useless sigil when you’re operating at 25 stacks.

in Thief

Rakanishu.2980

Thanks for the advice!

Right now I’ve just got sigil of corruption on my shortbow because it was a lot cheaper and at the time I wanted something nice for pve/dungeons, so I’ll probably switch it out to bloodlust when I have some more money.

For the daggers, I’ll have to run some tests in PvP to compare sigil of strength (might) vs air to see what gives me the most damage. Don’t want two on-crit sigils of course. What about the health stealing one? Is that effective at all?

in Thief

Berengar.6951

The health steal one is pretty good as is the might on crit one, but for burst damage you can’t beat fire/air

[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

For the daggers, I’ll have to run some tests in PvP to compare sigil of strength (might) vs air to see what gives me the most damage. Don’t want two on-crit sigils of course. What about the health stealing one? Is that effective at all?

My quick and dirty advice: Don’t run Might(Sigil of Strength) unless you’re running Acrobatics. Might stacking is awesome when you synergize for it via traited boon duration (runes/food too, sometimes), but you’ll get more bang for your buck with Air otherwise.

Sigil of Blood (health steal) is actually pretty awesome if you’ve got the crit rate to keep it going. With a much shorter cooldown than Air it’ll actually compete in damage with some stat combinations. However, IIRC, Blood is a constant amount of damage while Air actually scales with power. The much shorter cooldown is also wasted if you don’t have the crit rate and hit volume to actually keep it going off every 2 seconds.

in Thief

Rakanishu.2980

Sounds like blood wouldn’t be great for this build then, since my crit rate is low when not backstabbing. Thanks Tulisin.