Silly comments about thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

This topic is meant for just silly comments people say about thieves without really knowing them

Warrior forum
The thief one reduces endurance by 50% for a class that doesn’t need to dodge since it has shadow step/stealth

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: SharadSun.3089

SharadSun.3089

chokes on soda

g-good one…

The Quickness attrition mechanics were designed to take away the one MOST IMPORTANT survivability element of that class. Warriors rely on natural mitigation so their penalty was a damage intake increase, Rangers rely on healing so their penalty was a healing mitigation, we rely on dodging so our attrition mechanic is Endurance.

I honestly hope we’ve all figured this out by now.

Faolain Mag Aoidh / Diarmuidh
Leader of Thunderguard
Tarnished Coast Representative, Mist League

in Thief

Posted by: Rastaman.9015

Rastaman.9015

chokes on soda

g-good one…

The Quickness attrition mechanics were designed to take away the one MOST IMPORTANT survivability element of that class. Warriors rely on natural mitigation so their penalty was a damage intake increase, Rangers rely on healing so their penalty was a healing mitigation, we rely on dodging so our attrition mechanic is Endurance.

I honestly hope we’ve all figured this out by now.

I knew all this you are saying but I never made the connection lol. Thanks for enlightening me.

The class master. I enjoy all of the professions.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

My favorite is;

I have a level 80 thief…

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

“Thieves are insanly OP. Trust me, my main is a Thief.”

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Riko.9214

Riko.9214

“Non thieves would prefer to fight invulnerable thieves rather than stealthed vulnerable ones.”

in Thief

Posted by: Stardrift.7360

Stardrift.7360

My favorite is;

I have a level 80 thief…

God this one makes me rage and lol at the same time. Thanks for putting this one up. The silliest comments as far as i`m concerned come from players, and good ones i might add, that pilot powerhouses (necro, mesmer etc). They steamroll you even when you double team them and they are STILL the ones complaining about how broken our class is. I mean they may be good but they`re not THAT good.

in Thief

Posted by: Zamiel.2791

Zamiel.2791

“Stealth is such a broken mechanic. I wish I could disengage and not get hurt whenever I wanted.” – Warrior player who constantly runs shield, feel no pain, and balanced stance.

Strategy in Realtime- coordinate team assaults in the fly to outmaneuver your opponents.

in Thief

Posted by: SharadSun.3089

SharadSun.3089

“Stealth is such a broken mechanic. I wish I could disengage and not get hurt whenever I wanted.” – Warrior player who constantly runs shield, feel no pain, and balanced stance.

Warrior do lack disengage, that’s the thing. They can easily be Crippled/Chilled/Immobilized forever, even after all the traits that exist to prevent them from being so.

I play a Warrior too xD so knowing that I can’t teleport out is definitely difficult. Then again, that’s why I play Warrior at all, because I like the challenge of committing to a fight.

Faolain Mag Aoidh / Diarmuidh
Leader of Thunderguard
Tarnished Coast Representative, Mist League

in Thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

I remember that warrior crying about thief quickness! That was pretty funny. Best part is how he brought up invis. If he had any common sense he’d know invis = not attacking.

My favorite is this one necro complained how this thief was perma invisible and there was absolutely no way he could retaliate against this thief. He showed a combat log of the thief landing 3-4 cnd+backstabs along with several auto attacks. What did the necro land? Nothing but the passive mark he gets when he dodges.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Thief

Posted by: Rahar.9872

Rahar.9872

On every other profession forum out there:

“And yet, Thieves are allowed to never be seen and still hit us for 10-12k backstabs!”

Seriously. Look anywhere. The only problem with Thief right now is that on certain sets, he’ll never die unless he wants to die. 10-12k backstabs are rare, and under extreme circumstances.

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

You know, if you people try so hard to not get your own section cluttered with complaints and other Thief hating comments, it would be smart to not bait them or just be kittens. Pointing that someone is wrong is something, being a jerk about it is another.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

“I saw a perma-stealthed thief…”

in Thief

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

LMAO!

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

insert screenshot of combat log showing OP getting hit for 20k+ in WvW while naked and upleveled

“NERF”

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

Pretty much anything from the op in this thread. It’s pretty hilarious.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-Cheapest-Class/first#post2169944

Aww the thread was closed b/c the op kept calling people dumb for not saying thief is op everywhere all the time and should have 8-10s revealed and stealth should drop on any damage intake and ignoring/insulting any advice given to be helpful. Wait, why don’t I feel surprised?

(edited by randomfightfan.4091)

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Pretty much anything from the op in this thread. It’s pretty hilarious.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/The-Cheapest-Class/first#post2169944

We have a winner.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

And before the “this is QQ”, “you probably got beat by thief” etc. That hasn’t happened in months. I am not bitter or angry or kitten over thieves. I personally love my thief but at the same time I find it hard to WvW due to this.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Thief

randomfightfan.4091

Because it is not a acceptable avenue of a counter. No other profession needs a in game item sold at a vender to be countered. Every other profession can be countered with decent play (most of the time minus a few builds), except Thief.

in Thief

Gwalchgwn.1659

WvW forums
I wonder how many players have fun fighting thieves that go into stealth every few seconds
(not people …. who have fun fighting heavy stealth thieves*.). .

Sry for bump, but this made me laugh.
His own criteria makes it impossible to say anything but 0

Ring of Fire

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Thief has the highest skill ceiling. You absolutely cannot do rotations or facerolls with this profession. Thieves have the highest risk vs. reward if you plan on doing glassy stealth builds. Thieves are squishy and require abusing one of their two survivability mechanics to even last in a fight.

Secondly, the best way to kill a (really) good thief is to play a thief and learn their stratagems (if listening to direct advice fails).

Any thief can be a stealth-humping coward. What separates them from good thieves is all dependent on how they execute and adapt. A great thief, however, will win regardless.

lmao. no way, dude.

Use stealth-heal at full HP. Press Dagger 1 on someone.

Then heal again if youre going to die.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

STILL FUNNY TO ME
“thief is FINE, L2P”

in Thief

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I remember reading something like this and laughing:
“We are the assassin class! we should be able to assassinate bunkers, thats what our role is”

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

A thief can use his summon skill to completely obliterate an entire army in half a second, so there’s no competition there. I completely agree with the op on this one.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

“Backstab noob” if you use S/x

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Another silly comment.,

OP posts on thieves forums because he is too scared to post on other forums and be called out and ridiculed as bad players carried by their class tend to be.

Whom is better to compliment a baddie than another baddie, hmm?

I have a silly comment:

People will wipe the floor with you with your current ‘skill’ if you play another class..say a warrior. You won’t though..because you are too scared to do so.

What do people do when they know they are in the wrong and don’t have a valid counter argument? They make fun of the person pointing out their flaws.

Have fun with your delusions

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

This topic is meant for just silly comments people say about thieves without really knowing them

thief is OP

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

thief is OP

Thats right, thiefs are Ordinary Preposterously

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Gwalchgwn.1659

thief is OP

Origin (of) pokémon?

Ring of Fire

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

thief is OP

Origin (of) pokémon?

I think he means “Out of Pie”. One simply cannot be out of pie.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

thief is OP

Origin (of) pokémon?

I think he means “Out of Pie”. One simply cannot be out of pie.

“Overly Punished”?

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Because a thief should be overwhelmingly better than warrior 1v1, not struggle at all. Warrior is already one of the best at PvE, ZvZ, GvG (where the thief sucks), it stands to reason the thief should crush the warrior no questions asked.

Last couple of patches overtuned warrior mobility, sustainability, and CC, so now they are too good at everything and needs to be brought down a couple of nothces.

i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??

Berserker Stance removes ZERO conditions. It is preventative only. You cannot pop it after the conditions are already on you to make them fall off.

Should learn your class then it reduces duration by 100% that means they are removed.

best one (both in the same thread):

I am in ebg jp where alot of dueling takes place and this one war is camping 4 level 80s (we got no mesmers or engineers so no flavor of the month proffessions to help)

He uses sword/shield and then greatsword. He stuns someone for about 7 seconds and he does this almost every 15-20 seconds. In that stun you get bursted about 13k if you are in pvt gear but not running a tank build.
This war is running pvt gear and a tanky build as no one is hitting high on him at all yet hes dealing 13k dmg burst and stunning someone for about 7 seconds every 15-20 seconds.
His greatsword is am amazing gap closer of course and amazing at running away with low cooldown gap closing abilities.

The stun is melee range so just don’t let him get close.

lol they can just use a gap closer then use the stun. besides most of them pack a long range weapon too.

So what, sword and mace main hand with shield offhand, a greatsword for HB and gap closer and a range weapon as once, so OP!

Attachments:

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

Forgot to put the rifle in his teeth.

in Thief

Gwalchgwn.1659

Warrior Minor 5 defense trait:

Compared to other classes i think this is VERY weak..
Other classes minor 5 in toughness tree:

Thief:
Last Refuge Use Blinding Powder when your health reaches 25% (90-second cooldown)
(sweet)

Okay, I honestly have nothing against last refuge, but to call it sweet is something else entirely :P

Ring of Fire

in Thief

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

" Dude im a pr0 thief I use d/p, trust me :/"

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

in the words of my guild" I HATE THIEFS" <- only true comment

in Thief

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

“Blind is OP”
/15char

in Thief

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

“222222222222222, all thief’s are noobs.”

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Flanking Strike Gives you perma dodge.

It’s Really a shame that S/d never caught on before they added larcenous strike. Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t a perma dodge back then either (3/4 second evade. 1 second animation) but it was alot more efficient for dodging then it is now.

in Thief

Posted by: Pickles.2908

Pickles.2908

I went up against a thief 1v1 in temple of the silent storm yesterday and halfway through the fight he stopped attacking for a sec then said 2222222222222222222222 in /say……

i lol’d.

XOXO GG

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

After dropping a ranger, he cried “Spam 3 more”.
I poisoned him with SHbow 4 to neuter his healing, weakened him with SHbow 2 (in Choking gas) to neuter his DPS. He ran, and I used steal/inf sig/Inf strike to keep on him/pin him down, and used FS/LS to drop him.

But he lost to a thief, so obviously it was “3 spam”, and he just had to cry about it to “save face”.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Because it is not a acceptable avenue of a counter. No other profession needs a in game item sold at a vender to be countered. Every other profession can be countered with decent play (most of the time minus a few builds), except Thief.

That is partially true if I’m taking this the way I think the poster meant it to be taken and that would be “only stupid thieves die.”

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Threads like this just give people more of a chance to whine and be angry on the forums about thieves. By posting all this stuff you just going to encourage more heavy-handed responses by Anet. Just ignore comments and threads that are so obviously uninformed.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

I just found another silly comment.

Another silly comment.,

OP posts on thieves forums because he is too scared to post on other forums and be called out and ridiculed as bad players carried by their class tend to be.

Whom is better to compliment a baddie than another baddie, hmm?

I have a silly comment:

People will wipe the floor with you with your current ‘skill’ if you play another class..say a warrior. You won’t though..because you are too scared to do so.

What do people do when they know they are in the wrong and don’t have a valid counter argument? They make fun of the person pointing out their flaws.

Have fun with your delusions

His siggy is also hilarious because it’s based off of ignorance.

Attachments:

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

@ The Jokester

You try too hard.

Explain I mean I don’t get why you’re so hurt that ur op class is finally getting a balance cant wait for some of the other classes to be able to take u noobs out of stealth

I’m hurt? Wow.

You are you cry about the stealth it isnt even something that can be done more than once a minute after the fight has started seriously cry less develop some skill

Interesting. Please, keep contradicting yourself.

Contradicting myself eh? all i’ve done is continue to point out how u cry revealed ends a traitline as i said b4 it doesnt just gives u guys a cool down so to speak and you are kitten and I continue to say so I think u just like seeing your name so you sir troll will be ignored following this coment as in you are a complete dope to the update 6-8 seconds revealed 40 sec cooldown might even get increased who knows making at most 32 seconds free time for you before u get put on overpowered cooldown and kite evade teleport around then back to op

Well I think your opinion is stupid too.

Attachments:

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

There was a comment I read in one of the threads today.

“spam back stab”

lol

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

A thief 1 shot me!

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Zacchary.6183

in Thief

Posted by: Lightly.6843

Lightly.6843

LOL…I saw what you did there…or maybe I didn’t. Hmmmm…

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I’ve seen a few bewildering things from one individual, who claims to run exclusively S/D evasion. I’m sure that he is probably a familiar sight to a few people in this thread. These are some of his gems, all from one thread:

I can back stab >10K routinely. I’ve even talked to the people i’ve killed that way in chat after I’ve invited them. several have armor >3K.

I can spam 8k+ hits on my thief. pretty easily.

i play a thief and I agree that stealth is poorly designed. it’s op’d to be able to remain stealthed the entire time while attacking. that’s while I don’t spec permastealth. it’s for easymode scrubs.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!