Since anet gave rangers 'Sic em'...

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

to specifically deal with thieves, where’s our version to deal with hammer warriors spamming aoe stuns, or engineers/mesmers stacking 10 stacks of confusion in seconds, or guardians spamming aoes which take off 1/2 your life without even needing to target you….

It’s amazing they invented an ability solely to ruin a thieves day.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

They also invented a patch to ruin the class. Comes out dec 10.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Thief version of dealing with those builds is Shadow Return (sword #2). Oh, wait…

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Thief version of dealing with those builds is Shadow Return (sword #2). Oh, wait…

This.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

This.

That indeed.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in Thief

Posted by: Jakare.6807

Jakare.6807

Don’t worry guys, we’ll just have to react to the stun, use a stun break, THEN use a .25 sec cast time shadow return, in less time than it takes for the warrior to use the next attack in their chain of cc.

Oh and we’ll have 0.33 more initiative regen per second. So everything will be fine.

Úchî/Aulrathil
[TI] Team Ignition (Gandara)

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Don’t worry guys, we’ll just have to react to the stun, use a stun break, THEN use a .25 sec cast time shadow return, in less time than it takes for the warrior to use the next attack in their chain of cc.

Oh and we’ll have 0.33 more initiative regen per second. So everything will be fine.

Are you Sanduskel’s brother by chance?

in Thief

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

I think that was just plain ol’ sarcasm

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

I think that was just plain ol’ sarcasm

Oh, I see it now. Okay. False alarm.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Look on the ranger boards and you’ll the rangers complaining that sic’em is useless and never works. Even though rangers are getting confused because they don’t understand revealed, I’m guessing that thieves are not bring driven out of PvP by sic pets.

in Thief

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

wow, i keep telling you that warrior is the easier thing to kill for thieves, you even get one of the most usefull steal skill against warrior, if you disagree you are just bad. try against engi, ranger or necro

1st of all, cc chain? black powder and hes done, berserker stance ? kit him for 8 second or just pop in stealth. longbow pin down rifle killshot? whilring axe.
also wirling axe in black power? profit?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

wow, i keep telling you that warrior is the easier thing to kill for thieves, you even get one of the most usefull steal skill against warrior, if you disagree you are just bad. try against engi, ranger or necro

1st of all, cc chain? black powder and hes done, berserker stance ? kit him for 8 second or just pop in stealth. longbow pin down rifle killshot? whilring axe.

What build are you talking about exactly? D/P? Kind of hard to Black Powder when you’re already CC’d. Can Backstab even do enough damage to get past all the armour and regen?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

“Kite him for 8 seconds”

You realize how immense a bonus this in an organized competitive format, right? It’s not about “Can I eventually win this fight”, its “Can I win this fight in a reasonable amount of time”. Adding 8 seconds of kiting (and passive regen via HS) to a fight is more than long enough for a roamer to get to the fight, turning it into a 2v1. That’s just 1 scenario, there are plenty more.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

Yep. I love how mesmers get stun breaks on their weapons but thieves are “overpowered” when we have it on one, because it’s spamable by design. Solution: up the initiative cost.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t think I’ve ever noticed “Sic’Em” being used for the desired effect.

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

You guys shouldn’t worry or feel threaten anymore, because lately, we discover thieves are immune to sick-em.

In other word, rejoice thieves, and continue your full unjust assaults in decapitating the under privilege weaker class; ranger.

As the saying goes, ’what used to uplift the weak, now make them weaker"

-Ranger-

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Thieves-are-immune-to-Sick-em/first#post3253288

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Yep. I love how mesmers get stun breaks on their weapons but thieves are “overpowered” when we have it on one, because it’s spamable by design. Solution: up the initiative cost.

Or reduce the range of the return to be on par with these. Their CD’s are traitable to 7.25 and 6 seconds respectively (relatively spammable).

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

who exactly is getting killed by sick em?

it is a bad wvw/pvp skill, even with the reveal. probably taken by less than 10% of rangers considering the other options.

hammer warriors have counters. blind/condi damage/evade/stability. and its not really the hammer thats the problem, its the healing signet.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

idk…

Stealth trap
sic’ em
4 secs in pvp
cant do dmg in stealth
cant cap nodes in stealth

there are a lot of “cons” to using stealth and anti stealth gifts out there. not like there are clone traps or minion traps etc….. i think sic em is a lil much….and 2000 range? wtf

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Ya, Thieves will just have to play 10x harder than they already do now to beat other faceroll classes.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Don’t worry guys we are the best gathering and crafting profession.

in Thief

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Phase retreat is not a stun break. It’s a teleport that can be used while stunned.
Swap is a stun-break. To be used, i-leap must have already been used, and within the past 5 seconds. It is occasionally useful, but it must be planned beforehand, and can be easily countered by simply not stunning for those 5s. It is typically better for juking than stun breaking.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Phase retreat is not a stun break. It’s a teleport that can be used while stunned.
Swap is a stun-break. To be used, i-leap must have already been used, and within the past 5 seconds. It is occasionally useful, but it must be planned beforehand, and can be easily countered by simply not stunning for those 5s. It is typically better for juking than stun breaking.

Phase retreat and swap work how they said they no longer want infiltrators return to work was the main point of the comment.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Don’t worry guys we are the best gathering and crafting profession.

Someone help me, there’s a veteran mob guarding this rich mining node!

This sounds like a job for… Superstealth!

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!