Skill Balance coming!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Since I’m loosely following this game…

I’m psych’ed about the coming skill balance changes.

My money’s on nerfs to things that are still useful and buffs to poison/traps.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I just don’t know what they have in mind for the next patch for thief…..

What is left ? distracting dagger and cloak in shadow, a swap in traits somewhere ?
I doubt they will touch the init pool…dodges maybe ?

Edit: On second thought, I feel a chaneled vigor tune down on the endurance side.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

gotta agree with wargameur. I think a CV nerf is inbound…although i would not like it.
When you read the forums occasionally, you see that there is A LOT of crying about the dodge spamming of thieves.

Although, in all honesty, what else can a thief do? We dont have invuln, stab or blocks (BD barely counts imo)…so evades is essentially all we get for defense. Unless we get access to some other form of defense, a CV-nerf simply isn’T justified. Maybe I’m just biased though.

What I am interested in, is if they are going to nerf/rework PI. Although i don’t think, that a nerf would be warranted, a rework could be interesting.

In terms of buffs, I’d like to see some changes to Infiltrator’s Strike and Dagger OH.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

You want to know why Thieves probably may not got a nerf?
They’ve already Nerfed us to the GROUND, There’s nothing left to nerf or change, but tooltip fixes and graphical animation fixes.

Thief right now is in a good state.

Although I too must say the evasion meta is annoying, which is why I play burst, but hey, That’s Daredevils elite specialization, without evasion DD would literally be worse than Necro.

What they need to do is:

Speed up velocity for Impairing daggers similar to DH Spear of justice
Increase bandit defense 3s (maybe)
Increase velocity shortbow #1,
Fix Vault, similar to Boundful Dodger make it proc’ damage in the air. Too many times you’ll be on a higher landscape than your target like an inch or 2 higher, you vault and it misses.
Make Kleptomaniac innate (Passive 3 initiative) will open more build diversity
Give DD more utility underwater
Give a Dodge underwater split (Let us have the freedom to unhindering dodge underwater and Bound on land
Fix spear 4 already and it’s self stun (Or put it in the tooltip that it’s supposed to self stun)
Fix Jump Staff 3
Give Thieves more unblockable attacks (to handle DH’s easier roaming around in WvW or playing in PvP)
Get rid of Traps, because they’re useless
I’m not asking for much, mere fixes and slight buff’s

What I don’t understand is:

Why they gave us 2 bassi venom procs then took it away
Why they stripped us of Might gain and gave it to Revenant
Why we have no way of innately generating protection
Why Shadow Rejuvenation’s damage reduction got nerfed to 25%
Why P/P Richochet was even removed
Why Long Reach (Old thief trait 1500 range steal) was removed
Why They fixed that Fury trait, maybe some of us wanted 3mins of fury (Okay i understand that one lol, but really who uses CS line in WvW/PvP anymore.
Why they altered S/X mobility
Why they nerfed and destroyed Shadow Trap
Why we have the worse weapon range in game
Why you even touched Leeching Venoms trait
Why Mug can’t crit?! (Okay i understand this one kitten)
Why CS line is dead, outside of optimal damaged thief for PvE
And why you even made that trait change system in general, so we can’t mix and match

The world will never know!

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Never underestimate the nerf-hammer. It strikes mercilessly and likes to pick on the weak.

Now that thief is finally somewhat making it’s way into competitive play it’s great opportunity to smash it back into dirt.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Things I can see happening regarding thief:

(1) sPvP change to Shadow Strike migrated to WvW and PvE
(2) Adjustments to Sword/Dagger 1/2/3
(3) Adjustments to basi venom with regards to unblockable
(4) Nerfs to thief endurance regen to reduce perma evade builds

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

Things I can see happening regarding thief:
(3) Adjustments to basi venom with regards to unblockable

you sure? i think they rather make the DD elite unblockable or only its first attack so you can actually use it. right now u kinda need basi venom for its being unblockable.

but yea as i mostly dont understand anets balance changes, they might take unblockable from basi venom, is also a way to make me use the DD elite

10k hours n still a noob

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Keep the predictions coming, ladies.

And then on patch day we will see if any have come true.

Pro tip, make them more general/vague. Like mine is nerfing something useful and buffing venoms/traps.

Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

Probably damage nerf to some skill(s)/trait(s), and in order to compensate for the damage loss some skill/trait that is never used gets a 2½ seconds of swiftness on activation.

Some mechanical, not well reasoned change that will render something useful into “why would I ever use this” -realm.

Some meaningless buff to traps.

Probably a big buff to sword. After the dust has settled and people have accustomed themselves with the rebirth of sword main hand in various game types, it will be nerfed again.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Prediction:

Thief will be largely passed over like usually it is with some very minor in otherwise inconsequential “adjustments” that don’t change or solve anything in the long run, followed by the usual percentile changes to things in the name of balance.

Like giving us better Healing Power scaling on heals (but not health restoration, like Signet of Malice’s passive or Invigorating Precision), because clearly we’re all running Seraph’s gear or something …

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

If thief get’s a nerf we are F’ed if we get a buff, everyone else is F’ed. Hopefully we get a happy medium

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Tooltip corrections?

“bug” fixes?

Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i best enjoy my Bounding Dodger Vault spam while i can,
i sense nerfs on the horizon!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

They will just nerf everything useful and buff condis…. per usual.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Considering this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5uupy0/wing_4_boss_1_daredevil_solo_5700/

The community won’t allow for a thief buff.

Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Third Degree Ember.6430

Third Degree Ember.6430

I just hope they don’t touch PI, because interruptions are so much fun with it! I don’t mind having less evades; I really do think dodge spamming is really boring to play/play against.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I should clarify, I think they may increase the unblockable aspect of basi venom. They may also move it to another skill but that seems less likely. The elite venom is basically a way to get in some solid attacks and unblockable helps make that happen.

Unblockable attacks are necessary given the amount of invulnerability and block spam. An example is how they gave warrior unblockable for six seconds on a signet. They increased the number of stacks on basi to two but that would have made the skill especially OP with sharing made baseline. Think about it, 10 stacks of interrupting stone shared among you and four others with unblockable attached. Both the stun and the unblockable aspect are very strong. But the stun is the primary concern as far as balance and sharing.

I think that basi venom could grant a separate “venom” that applies unblockable to the next set of attacks separate from the stun venom. Essentially, the unblockable effect would be like an “after affect” that continues after the main venom is consumed. This could be increased to two or more without the same risk of the stun lock that increasing the base stacks of the venom does.

Or they could reduce the ability of other classes to chain blocks together… :P

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Considering this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5uupy0/wing_4_boss_1_daredevil_solo_5700/

who cares about pve?
in PvE everything is possible when u fight brainless npc’s if ur going to boost or nerf classes based on PvE then anet is beyond horrible.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Considering this:

who cares about pve?
in PvE everything is possible when u fight brainless npc’s if ur going to boost or nerf classes based on PvE then anet is beyond horrible.

Just think of the outcries…

“Buffed thief!?!?! wtf?!?!?! they could already solo wing 4 of a raid that no other class can!!!!”

Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

Considering this:

who cares about pve?

Your outrage is all the more reason for them to have split the game modes in the first place, rather than balacing the entire game around one singular mode of play that has no bearing on anything else.

It’s why so much of the game is screwed up right now.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Considering this:

who cares about pve?

Your outrage is all the more reason for them to have split the game modes in the first place, rather than balacing the entire game around one singular mode of play that has no bearing on anything else.

It’s why so much of the game is screwed up right now.

The split balancing, i think, is a philosophical thing. As in, on one hand supposedly things will be balanced better per mode. On the other hand, it would take more resources and make the flow between game modes feel crappy.

For instance.

We can agree that it should be split up like so:

• PvE
  • WvW
  • sPvP

But then PvE has a few of it’s own…
Open-world-PvE (OWPvE)
Fracts (and dungeons)
Raids

So really:

• OWPvE
  • Fracts
  • Raids
  • WvW
  • sPvP

Now, the gear already changes when you enter sPvP, but for other modes it doesn’t.
Think how awkward it would be to adjust each time to each of those modes. Yeah, partially it’s due to the lack of a builder saver… But I mean what if D/D played different across all 5 or so modes?

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

We getting nerfed bois

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

I suppose the question is not really what but rather how much ?

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

bluri.2653

we gonna get obliterated to unplayable

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Cynz.9437

We getting nerfed bois

i feel left out

we gonna get obliterated to unplayable

given how you, Zan and co. have access to certain, cough, information, cough, i am actually worried now…

All is Vain~

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: SlitheSlivier.1908

SlitheSlivier.1908

When is this happening?

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: DuoMaxwell.8019

DuoMaxwell.8019

I hope Sind is just trolling a bit but yeah worried too. Nerfing D/P isn’t going to make any of the hipster weapons better at all. We’ll just be left with kitten choices all around.

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

Ahahah maybe s/d will be our best set now.

Hype for “make s/d great again” people !

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Cynz.9437

People will just play acro staff…. or join the bandwagon of DHs or whatever is next OP and stupidly rewarding thing. Just like everyone did in season 1 when thief class was total trash.

All is Vain~

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

i dont think sind has a sense of humor :p so nerf’s are more then likely coming indeed.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If Ghost Thief survives through a full balance patch, ANet has completely lost touch with the game.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

People will just play acro staff…. or join the bandwagon of DHs or whatever is next OP and stupidly rewarding thing. Just like everyone did in season 1 when thief class was total trash.

You are assuming they won’t nerf PI and acro staff at the same time. I find you odly optimistic on that one Cynz

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Cynz.9437

You are assuming they won’t nerf PI and acro staff at the same time. I find you odly optimistic on that one Cynz

That is why i said “join the bandwagon of DHs”. My optimism died when original balancing team left this company (by the looks of it) years ago.

All is Vain~

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

If Ghost Thief survives through a full balance patch, ANet has completely lost touch with the game.

Anet Loves condi, in all forms. So don’t be surprised if it survives. lol.

And since sind says we’re getting nerfed, and since he primarily plays acro from what I see, I wont generalize that comment towards power DA. :p

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

bluri.2653

And since sind says we’re getting nerfed, and since he primarily plays acro from what I see, I wont generalize that comment towards power DA. :p

Think i’ve heard it all. Me playing acro? I haven’t ever touched acro, think you need your eyes checked lad

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Cynz.9437

Think i’ve heard it all. Me playing acro? I haven’t ever touched acro, think you need your eyes checked lad

Hello Sindrener the Sizer!

All is Vain~

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Scum bag acro user.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Ah, Shoot :p Well that’s great, Acro is trash.

Btw y’all go look at my mixtape (AikijinX Bagstab Trailer) While we wait for patch. I actually one shot oppose to those bound-steal-Stab user’s

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Was gonna say AFAIK you’ve only ever moved to SA/DrD for defenses.

Meh patch for the thief, though. Needs reworks over minnor tweaks at this point. But I can’t say I’m surprised at all.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

Looking at all caltrops and traps changes, Ghost thief is now the build with the most diversity in traits and utility !

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Nailed it!

Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

You should have made a bigger bet haha xD

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

bluri.2653

Was gonna say AFAIK you’ve only ever moved to SA/DrD for defenses.

Meh patch for the thief, though. Needs reworks over minnor tweaks at this point. But I can’t say I’m surprised at all.

I mean yeah I played SA/DRD in start of HoT but I played old acro with S/D when it was meta ofc but thats forever ago, never really touched acro in HoT

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

You should have made a bigger bet haha xD

Meh.

It’s kind of typical of ANet…

For some reason they have a giant bone for poisons and traps.

Join the TEEFs!

Skill Balance coming!

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Looking at all caltrops and traps changes, Ghost thief is now the build with the most diversity in traits and utility !

I do not see Ghost Thief as getting much in the way of boosts given Condition cleanses were increased for many professions across the board.

(edited by babazhook.6805)