Snuffles 0 Precision BEST THIEF BUILD

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I for one actually thought the Sword was superior to any dagger mainhand, especially if you build for the initiative consumption. While they are in stealth trying to gib you, all you need to do is evades a couple times and use some sword #3’s to avoid a backstab. Too often I’ve seen thieves just leave stealth since they literally couldn’t touch me. (this is in PvP I run sword mainly). As soon as they leave stealth they are in the sword’s territory and as for black powder, you can stand just outside the radius to hit them. But let’s face it, dagger is only really a major threat when the thief is in stealth but as I said, you can avoid BS easily.
Heh, fighting swordsmen is so annoying as a BS build :p

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Too often I’ve seen thieves just leave stealth since they literally couldn’t touch me. (this is in PvP I run sword mainly)

People are talking about WvW doe.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Too often I’ve seen thieves just leave stealth since they literally couldn’t touch me. (this is in PvP I run sword mainly)

Das why I had to put dat in dere doe >_>

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

S/X > D/P

The 3 spam builds are far more OP/Cheesy than any D/P build

If you lose to sword as D/P it’s a L2P issue.

Everyone knows S/X has been the thief meta for some time now. I believe it’s time for you to admit it to yourself

You are making yourself look like a complete idiot. Sword is rare anymore ever since the nerf, d/p is the obvious meta. I’m not sure what game you’re playing but it’s obviously not the same as me. Stop defending d/p.

Last few tourneys what are the thieves running?

in Thief

Azukas.1426

Even in WvW the mechanics don’t change enough to know that S/X > Backstab builds 1v1.

Now if that SB nerf is true……we may see something change……maybe

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

people keep telling me to play Valk/Cav gear. I don’t get why..

I’ve been running full zerk for a while now and it works great. Sure I’m low hp, but still.. the only time I die is from another Thief getting the drop on me with big hits, a zerg catching me offguard, or someone being able to stunlock me through lag. I’m by no means an elitist, but Thieves are really easy to play .. constant stealth and plenty of evades, I see no need for toughness/vitality.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I’ve been running full zerk for a while now and it works great. Sure I’m low hp, but still.. the only time I die is from another Thief getting the drop on me with big hits, a zerg catching me offguard, or someone being able to stunlock me through lag. I’m by no means an elitist, but Thieves are really easy to play .. constant stealth and plenty of evades, I see no need for toughness/vitality.

Keep on rocking that D/P, kitten.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Buzzcrave.6197

Doesn’t it make your examples pointless then? Making an example of oranges when everyone is talking about apples. Because in reality, S/x thief in WvW is really hard to find.

in Thief

RedSpectrum.1975

Doesn’t it make your examples pointless then? Making an example of oranges when everyone is talking about apples. Because in reality, S/x thief in WvW is really hard to find.

Well the original comment was that D/P shouldn’t lose to S/D. Also the D/P build in question was the trickery one. Which both are run in WvW and PvP. Yes, S thieves are harder to find in WvW but the short discussion (argument actually) was S vs D anyway not necessarily where. I just added the PvP part since I in fact don’t run sword in WvW :P I was being honest.

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I’d say its maybe slightly harder to roam as S/X due to slightly less access to stealth to disengage from zergs. But still kind of irrelevant, as most other classes don’t have access to stealth anyway and they can still roam.

In actual combat I’d say S/X builds have a lower skill floor than D/P.

In the actual matchup of S/X vs D/P, I’d say in a duel situation, D/P and S/P are 50/50 assuming two highly skilled players.

D/P vs S/D is probably 60/40 D/P’s favor.

At the lower-skill tiers, S/P absolutely dominates all matchups.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in Thief

Posted by: Malforo.6391

Malforo.6391

d/p is the easiest but if youre not good then any decent s/d thief can easily wreck you

theres so much more to d/p thieves, people just dont know about the little details and tricks

in Thief

Reikou.7068

d/p is the easiest but if youre not good then any decent s/d thief can easily wreck you

theres so much more to d/p thieves, people just dont know about the little details and tricks

D/P is easiest for what? Running SA and permastealthing? Yeah, but you’re not gonna kill anything like that.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko

in Thief

Malforo.6391

D/P is easiest for what? Running SA and permastealthing? Yeah, but you’re not gonna kill anything like that.

yeah because snuffles cant kill anything

in Thief

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

Malforo are you Snuffles press agent?

in Thief

Posted by: TheThiefMaster.3812

TheThiefMaster.3812

d/p higher skill floor than sword , this is too funny.
and perma stealth d/p kills plenty , they still do as much dmg ( or close to ) as the trickery build.

Guild – BLNT , NS , oPP
IGN – Kinsz / Server – Sea of Sorrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/BLNTGw2

in Thief

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

P/D > all. /15char

in Thief

Azukas.1426

and perma stealth d/p kills plenty , they still do as much dmg ( or close to ) as the trickery build.

Hitting the 3 button over and over takes much more skill than 5 2 2 2. Heck you don’t even have to push that 3 button fast….there’s a delay!

in Thief

Buzzcrave.6197

Why is the skill cap of one weapon set are determined by how many buttons are used? D/P is the easy set up imo. 5 to blind your opponent, while having blind field on you making you invul to melee. Follow up by 2, which deal damage if your enemy is near while having the ability to stealth thus cleanse condi, gaining might and getting a lil bit of healing if you use the normal d/p build. Lastly backstab, and 3 to blind and teleport to your target and immediately 5 to rinse and repeat.

Clearly D/P is the easier weapon set, atleast for someone that is playing on 250ms like me, D/P is the easier one, since I can’t really spam 3 and hoping there is no delay on it.

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Hitting the 3 button over and over takes much more skill than 5 2 2 2. Heck you don’t even have to push that 3 button fast….there’s a delay!

So you’re saying that every sword thief spams 3? I know one thing I don’t spam 3 and have proof shown in my video. D/P takes little to no skill, there is no debate.

in Thief

Posted by: nahj.2870

nahj.2870

5 to blind your opponent, while having blind field on you making you invul to melee.

Blinding Powder shot is clearly telegraphed and easy to dodge, and the field itself does not make you invulnerable to melee at all. Melee range is greater the radius of the field itself. Furthermore, BP can be overloaded with skills like 100b and PW.

Follow up by 2, which deal damage if your enemy is near while having the ability to stealth thus cleanse condi, gaining might and getting a lil bit of healing if you use the normal d/p build.

As you stated though, this is build-dependent, not weaponset dependent. SA is popular for most WvW builds. BP+HS is also interruptable.

Lastly backstab, and 3 to blind and teleport to your target and immediately 5 to rinse and repeat.

Movement to counter backstab. Shadow Shot is telegraphed and predictable, which makes it dodgeable. Shot doesn’t land=blind and teleport don’t happen=wasted initiative for nothing.

All of this brings me to my main point (which isn’t directed at you, but rather the general sentiment that I see in this thread): D/P can win fights with perma-stealthing/blind spam just like S/x can win fights with 3 spam, but neither will work reliably against good players so it’s pointless to center arguments around them. It seems like people in this thread are looking exclusively at the skill-floor while ignoring the ceiling.

in Thief

Buzzcrave.6197

yawn

Problem with D/P is you can go full offensive without worrying about making a mistake while forcing your opponent to go full defensive trying to counter your movement. A decent D/P won’t allow every single thing you said to occur to them. Low risk high reward is what I would call D/P in WvW.

I won’t even try to protect a weapon set that have every weapon skill spells useful if I were you. Easiest weapon set is easiest.

in Thief

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Sounds like D/P is the way to go for someone like me. I don’t have a lot of skill so sounds perfect. he is level 54 atm so getting closer.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Thief

Malforo.6391

if youre a good player then you shouldnt be complaining about anything, countering D/P is easy

okay countering snuffles d/p build isnt easy, okay continue complaining some more

in Thief

Karolis.4261

if youre a good player then you shouldnt be complaining about anything, countering D/P is easy

okay countering snuffles d/p build isnt easy, okay continue complaining some more

You are kinda confused because your “loveyoulongtime” snuffles use same D/P build that everyone else use 0/30/30/10 – thats what you said. Just he has some more processing power then your typical thief player who got his build from google/forums and added more survivability to his gear to while maintaining most of his backstab damage to specifically kill glassy newbs.
And about easy counters… That totally depends from each class/build point of view. As for example, from my point of view (D/D thief) countering D/P, specially if he built himself tanky like “loveyoulongtime” snuffles and I cant 2 shot him with CnD crit and backstab, is incredibly hard because D/P shuts down Cloak and Dagger (Can avoid BP shot to reduce the blind spam, but risk of not having enough evades to evade actual damage then). And D/P can just dance around in stealth till hes full health and attack again and there is nothing d/d can do except walk away. So yeah, D/P is incredibly frustrating from D/D thief PoV. That and typical D/P kitten gameplay style – come for single backstab, if that didn’t do the job stealth away till HP is full and repeat.

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in Thief

Malforo.6391

You are kinda confused because your “loveyoulongtime” snuffles use same D/P build that everyone else use 0/30/30/10 – thats what you said. Just he has some more processing power then your typical thief player who got his build from google/forums and added more survivability to his gear to while maintaining most of his backstab damage to specifically kill glassy newbs.

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

in Thief

Karolis.4261

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

At which part I said that ? And at witch part these 2 ppl complained about “loveyoulongtime” snuffles killing them?

in Thief

Malforo.6391

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

At which part I said that ? And at witch part these 2 ppl complained about “loveyoulongtime” snuffles killing them?

“backstab damage to specifically kill glassy newbs.”

and forget amon hes a raging newb

in Thief

Karolis.4261

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Well yeah, as I said you can gear yourself for some descent survivability while maintaining high backstab damage (hidden killer and power/crit power gear) but you lose most of your damage on everything else and that works bests when fighting packs of glassy newbs. Cant imagine how can you see what I said as calling know thief players newbs.

in Thief

Malforo.6391

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Well yeah, as I said you can gear yourself for some descent survivability while maintaining high backstab damage (hidden killer and power/crit power gear) but you lose most of your damage on everything else and that works bests when fighting packs of glassy newbs. Cant imagine how can you see what I said as calling know thief players newbs.

power food, hidden assassin, infusions(which is +70 power), and if you really want to, stacks.

in Thief

Posted by: MADAIR.1948

MADAIR.1948

I have a great idea. How bout you stop mentioning these player’s builds and names on the forums. They’ve become the center piece of childish, meaningless arguing when they never posted in the first place. I understand that you admire them and their builds but please people, stop using their names. It brings unwanted in game attention and causes silly pointless messes like the one above.

(edited by MADAIR.1948)

in Thief

Karolis.4261

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

power food, hidden assassin, infusions(which is +70 power), and if you really want to, stacks.

You can do same (eat foods, get stacks, infusions) while wearing full berserker for much more damage, your point? “Love you long time” snuffles damage comes from backstab, period. Built around ganking glassy newbs.

in Thief

Malforo.6391

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

You can do same (eat foods, get stacks, infusions) while wearing full berserker for much more damage, your point? “Love you long time” snuffles damage comes from backstab, period. Built around ganking glassy newbs.

yea then you get one shotted right? good players dont lose to zerkers

in Thief

Azukas.1426

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Not sure if serious

in Thief

Karolis.4261

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Same as to players that build their damage only around backstab by sacrifising all precision, simply because you wont be able to outdps serious tanky builds with only kitten power of backstab (loss of power and crit damage of all the cavalier and pvt added), specially when its 1 vs X and there is some group support involved. And yes good players can lose to zerkers and bunkers alike.

in Thief

Malforo.6391

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Same as to players that build their damage only around backstab by sacrifising all precision, simply because you wont be able to outdps serious tanky builds with only kitten power of backstab (loss of power and crit damage of all the cavalier and pvt added), specially when its 1 vs X and there is some group support involved. And yes good players can lose to zerkers and bunkers alike.

Lets say its a 1v3 and all the players are good
The Zerker stands no chance
Now with the high toughness backstab build, you now have a chance to kill them and survive

and if you see yishis videos, he uses quite a bit of zerk gear and yes he wins his outnumbered fights but the people he fights are a joke
he posts vids of him fighting braindead people lmao

in Thief

Karolis.4261

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Now with the high toughness backstab build, you now have a chance to kill them and survive

and if you see yishis videos, he uses quite a bit of zerk gear and yes he wins his outnumbered fights but the people he fights are a joke

Same as everytime someone wins 1 vs X. He just fought some braindead ppl. If its 1vs3 and all players are good, that 1 stands no chance no matter if hes full zerker or full sentinel.

in Thief

Malforo.6391

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Same as everytime someone wins 1 vs X. He just fought some braindead ppl. If its 1vs3 and all players are good, that 1 stands no chance no matter if hes full zerker or full sentinel.

if played perfectly, the high toughness build will never die
you can actually try and fight a bit where as a zerker shows himself to lets say 3 people and hes instantly dead

in Thief

Karolis.4261

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

if played perfectly, the high toughness build will never die
you can actually try and fight a bit where as a zerker shows himself to lets say 3 people and hes instantly dead

Not dying =/= winning.
But this already went too far offtopic. We are interested to hear more about “loveyoulongtime” snuffles, You killed me I’ll praise you in forums part.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I find it funny how S/P seems to went from crap to “cheesy op” or “low skill tier” in a year time while it didn’t get any substantial buffs (compared to the nerfs that it got)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Reikou.7068

I find it funny how S/P seems to went from crap to “cheesy op” or “low skill tier” in a year time while it didn’t get any substantial buffs (compared to the nerfs that it got)

but it did get buffs. Indirect buffs, but still buffs.

Sleight of Hand/Bountiful Theft to strip Stability = Free stuns.
Increase to Initiative Regen means that PW can be spammed more often
Evasion frames
faster animation between stun and slash.

I wouldn’t say they’re “cheesy OP.” At high-level play, and between players at the skill cap, S/P can be beaten with any other weaponset. But the fact is, the build has a really low skill floor. You literally press 3 and watch things die, perhaps even worse than S/D ever was.

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

but it did get buffs. Indirect buffs, but still buffs.

Sleight of Hand/Bountiful Theft to strip Stability = Free stuns.
Increase to Initiative Regen means that PW can be spammed more often
Evasion frames
faster animation between stun and slash.

I wouldn’t say they’re “cheesy OP.” At high-level play, and between players at the skill cap, S/P can be beaten with any other weaponset. But the fact is, the build has a really low skill floor. You literally press 3 and watch things die, perhaps even worse than S/D ever was.

The thing is though defensively SP is now much weaker after the change to ir and the reduction to the after cast was such a minor buff. Over all since Dec 10 patch sp is alot weaker than is used to be.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Reikou.7068

The thing is though defensively SP is now much weaker after the change to ir and the reduction to the after cast was such a minor buff. Over all since Dec 10 patch sp is alot weaker than is used to be.

That “minor buff” allows you to get double the damage you used to in the stun-phase assuming no stunbreak. It also means you’re rooted for a shorter period of time, and gain the evade frames faster. ATM PW can pretty much be used as an on-demand Blurred Frenzy with a stun packed in there.

Also curious why you say the defensive capabilities on S/P are now much weaker? I’m pretty sure the current initiative regen system of 1 init/1s provides more initiative, even if you took the quick recovery trait before.

Current: 10 init/10s.
Before w/ Quick Recovery: 7.5+2/10 (9.5/10)

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

triggerless is a newb?
amonatory is a newb?

Yeah man, I rage so hard! The truth is it’s not me “raging” I honestly don’t care if I die to d/p especially snuffles tank build. I play s/d, I’m going to stick to it even if I die to d/p sometimes.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesse.4631

Jesse.4631

I’ve played Amons build and D/P, from what i’ve learned D/P is easier simply cause of its ability to reset from any mistake committed. D/P in general should not lose to any x/D thief unless said thief is perplex condi (ewwwww).

I’ve fought Snuffles a few times with d/d and only way he really won was by out sustaining me and resetting fight. I used D/P vs him and it became a draw. This was when he was still in DH though he could of gotten a lot better.

Pink Sylvari FTW!

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Here is some pretty old video footage of me and Snuffles having a few duels if anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4f_7mGZLo&feature=youtu.be

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in Thief

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Here is some pretty old video footage of me and Snuffles having a few duels if anyone is interested.

Yikes Vince. I can’t watch attrition between two survivor specs.

Tiger

in Thief

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I’ve still not used D/P for WvW. In fact, I don’t think I’ve even learned the weapon skills for it yet. I’ve been using D/D or S/D and Bow since I started.

in Thief

Karolis.4261

I’ve still not used D/P for WvW. In fact, I don’t think I’ve even learned the weapon skills for it yet. I’ve been using D/D or S/D and Bow since I started.

Then don’t even try. Stay strong!

in Thief

Malforo.6391

that fight must have been ages ago, i dont even recognize snuffles
blue armoor??

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Seeing all of you chest thumping trying to talk kitten about builds other than yours is pretty funny.

S/D and D/P have similar skill ceilings (this isn’t skill floor). What makes it even more fun is the type of skill that is required for one kit doesn’t translate well to the other. For example, whenever I go from s/d to playing d/p I do terrible until I re-learn to stay in shortbow more often.

S/P has a very low skill floor and yet a pretty high ceiling. I don’t enjoy the play style behind it so I don’t play it much.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198