So tell me again Thief is OP in WvW

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I’m really tired of reading QQ threads of thieves.

At this point all seems to be a big joke.

Permastealth OP?
Thiefsmer OP?
S/D evade OP?

This has to stop, Anet can not keep killing this profession with the OP argument when this is happening.

I have never seen a tank thief doing this AOE sustain damage, CC without dying in 1 second.

Anet plz tell when the unfair no sense nerf will stop and we can actually play the profession we love without being nervous every patch.

Thanks

(edited by SoLeciTO.3490)

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I think he needs to spam 1 a little faster, but hes doing okish.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

lolz it’s a warrior as I expected.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Omg this guy literally clicks to dodge. Now I’ve seen everything.
6:45.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

He walked through the aoe like it was nothing!!!

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

he’s not even using healing signet!

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

As an avid thief user I have to say I am peeved. Royally peeved. The post game META, especially including but not limited to, warriors makes us appear as some kind of monolith. WE ARE NOT A MONOLITH. Thieves come in all shapes and sizes (give or take a couple human female T3 cultural short white haired variants). A whole slew of strategies implemented. You don’t see me complaining about the 3k with each swing axe warriors do followed by an eviscerate of at least 8k. They just see thief and automatically get the PRTSC button ready and the QQ on the forums.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Video seems fair… clearly it shows a balanced not OP warrior and (I don’t know if you noticed the thief in the video, probably not because he was perma-stealthed!) thieves being OP (i mean, did you see him crit for 27k !?! probably not… he was perma-stealthed when he did it). Anet please nerf thieves more, thanks.

P.S. re-roll warrior or guard…. give up all hopes…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

so the vid of a thief harrassing a 30+ man zerg while killing and stomping people in the middle of the zerg and getting away easily is missing here, the video of a thief running around in the enemys spawn killing the merchants so they no longer work isn’t here.

the video of a thief perma stealthing mesmers in a keep or garri isn’t here.
the video of a naked thief killing people isn’t here.
the video of a thief spamming 2 and winning isn’t here.
the video of a thief not even trying in a 5v1 isn’t here.

the video of a necro tanking 4 people and 20 seconds of immobilize with just plague and death shroud isn’t here.

please tell me how a hammer warrior in pvt is OP? when you can easily counter him with stability.
or better yet, pistol 5 and stand there pressing 1 insta win against hammer warriors.

and you wish Anet gave you the nerf hammer every patch, then maybe you’ll have something to complain about when they constantly try to destroy 1 out of 2 viable builds, and put double Cd’s on everything if they miss.

(edited by Dagraan.2854)

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

The most amazing thing of the video is that the guy is not even the best warrior in the world as you all see and still manage to spam AOE skills like a picnic day.

I have months without buying any gems as i did before to support Anet . . . would you support a game after watching this?

Don’t get me wrong i still love the game but this days i don’t feel any motivation to keep playing the profession i want just because every patch i got nerfed.

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

so the vid of a thief harrassing a 30+ man zerg while killing and stomping people in the middle of the zerg and getting away easily is missing here, the video of a thief running around in the enemys spawn killing the merchants so they no longer work isn’t here.

the video of a necro tanking 4 people and 20 seconds of immobilize with just plague and death shroud isn’t here.

please tell me how a hammer warrior in pvt is OP? when you can easily counter him with stability.
or better yet, pistol 5 and stand there pressing 1 insta win against hammer warriors.

The difference is that in those videos the thief is a really good player no clicking skills and timing perfectly with no mistakes against low lvl bad players.

Show me a video with a thief killing good players 3v1 and i will give you the reason.

Show me a video with a thief clicking skills killing 3v1 and i will give you the reason.

Show me a video of a thief in a middle of a big zerg spamming CC and AOE damage without dying in 3 seconds and i will give you the reason.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Game where clickers don’t get punished and show off their mouse clicking skills at youtube with pride, wow…

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Dagraan.2854

The difference is that in those videos the thief is a really good player no clicking skills and timing perfectly with no mistakes against low lvl bad players.

Show me a video with a thief killing good players 3v1 and i will give you the reason.

Show me a video with a thief clicking skills killing 3v1 and i will give you the reason.

Show me a video of a thief in a middle of a big zerg spamming CC and AOE damage without dying in 3 seconds and i will give you the reason.

have you ever tried the tanky condition thief build? you know thieves do have tanky builds, but they still have stealth and everything to get away un harmed while having way to many evades, a lot of aoe bleeds and cripples, and not to mention an elite that hits everything on a 90 second CD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-d9vGO52E

the second one the guy has alot of videos of thief gameplay just harrassing zergs and getting away.

show me the video of the hammer warrior beating a thief in a 1v1 fight. d/p or not.
if you do manage to show me one then i’ll show you a bad thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

and you wish Anet gave you the nerf hammer every patch, then maybe you’ll have something to complain about when they constantly try to destroy 1 out of 2 viable builds, and put double Cd’s on everything if they miss.

Fair points

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Well, I had my doubts if warriors were really good, but after this video…
Gotta get back to leveling my warrior, bye guys

Btw, wish my pc could run WvW that well :/
Play AAA games on ultra and GW2 on very low and still lags lol

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

No one at Anet actually mains Thief, so it makes sense that they don’t know how to fix it and it’s the bottom of the barrel of their focus, just like Charr armor~ cuz apparently, as they themselves said, not enough people play the race for them to care. It’s probably the same mindset with Thief. Everyone plays Warrior so they’re going to keep buffing it till no one plays the other classes.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Gotta get back to leveling my warrior, bye guys

It’s never too late to join the warrior brotherhood. There’s a reason why the game is called Guild Wars 2…

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Healing signet OP….wait he doesn’t have one. Wait what his only regen is Adrenal health and allies regeneration? So he has around 400 hp regen per 3 seconds on his own. Must be the overpowered invulnerability. Wait hes using Shake It Off and dolyak signet?
How exactly is this video showing anything besides pure luck for the first part and teamwork for the rest of the video? If you notice his health almost never even decreases in that zerg and its not because of regen. A thief spamming Cluster Bomb with Assassin’s Reward at melee range probably could have done that better if they were blessed with the luck to walk through a zerg that long without being targeted.

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

have you ever tried the tanky condition thief build? you know thieves do have tanky builds, but they still have stealth and everything to get away un harmed while having way to many evades, a lot of aoe bleeds and cripples, and not to mention an elite that hits everything on a 90 second CD.

the second one the guy has alot of videos of thief gameplay just harrassing zergs and getting away.

show me the video of the hammer warrior beating a thief in a 1v1 fight. d/p or not.

what the heck are you talking about????!!!

The first video is against really bad players . . . that bad that they don’t even know how to step out of a caltrop area!! . . . he never in the entire video is in the middle of a big zerg AOE damaging and CC AOE all with no dying.

The second video is one of the best thief in the game killing bad players teaching us just the mechanics.

NONE of this videos has a thief in the middle of a zerg AOE damaging and CC the enemies having fun like nothing is happening.

Give me a break man if you are going to argue be real.

in Thief

Sanduskel.1850

Warriors have issues, agreed. That much dps and survivability, coupled with massive cc is unfair.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

People call thief OP because it’s frustrating to fight against, I don’t really think they care though , so they cry OP

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

I think what we should all take from this video is this…

Even a bad Warrior is Good.

Anyone else notice how he could walk into the middle of a zerg and just shurg off the dmg.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

-A bad warrior is good
-A good warrior is god
-A bad thief is free kill
-A good thief is annoying

All is vain.

in Thief

Dagraan.2854

The first video is against really bad players . . . that bad that they don’t even know how to step out of a caltrop area!! . . . he never in the entire video is in the middle of a big zerg AOE damaging and CC AOE all with no dying.

The second video is one of the best thief in the game killing bad players teaching us just the mechanics.

NONE of this videos has a thief in the middle of a zerg AOE damaging and CC the enemies having fun like nothing is happening.

oh im sorry was the only class being able to kill someone with fireworks not good enough for you?
and he doesn’t always fight bad players, that doesn’t change the fact that a thief can just do whatever he/she wants and get away scot free.
besides an ele can drop tons of aoe and CC in the middle of a huge zerg supported by guardians and not die.
but do people cry that eles are OP? no they cry because they don’t die fast enough so people can get there free loot bag.

in Thief

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

He has slain a warrior with three hits.

He once broke down a tower gate with only melee attacks.

He didn’t use the cannons to defeat Zhaitan, he used a wooden gun.

The Hylek have a day devoted to him.

He is the most interesting thief in the world.

“I don’t always kill warriors, but when I do, I use Spark”

Get your spark today in local trading posts near you, for the low low price of 268 gold. Only direct gold is accepted, no iou’s or credit card transactions available.

Seriously people, stop complaining! The thief isn’t that bad if you know what you are doing. Just asura then to death. Jk. But I am serious, it is rarely the warrior I have troubles with, it is the necro, but that is because thrives have no CR so yeah.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

(edited by sierras.6297)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

He has slain a warrior with three hits.

He once broke down a tower gate with only melee attacks.

He didn’t use the cannons to defeat Zhaitan, he used a wooden gun.

The Hylek have a day devoted to him.

He is the most interesting thief in the world.

“I don’t always kill warriors, but when I do, I use Spark”

Get your spark today in local trading posts near you, for the low low price of 268 gold. Only direct gold is accepted, no iou’s or credit card transactions available.

Seriously people, stop complaining! The thief isn’t that bad if you know what you are doing. Just asura then to death. Jk. But I am serious, it is rarely the warrior I have troubles with, it is the necro, but that is because thrives have no CR so yeah.

thieves have condi removal…. but it is tricky to use and comes at price of a trait and potential dmg/survival

as for topic: i am sure some people will still play thieves and probably will be good at it and still get kills which probably will still cause major QQ from bad players….. i honestly don’t know weither anet wants us to reroll heavy armor classes or they just don’t know what to do with thieves…at this point -_-

no matter how they color it, the patch is just another slap in the face

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Necro is like my toy. I can disengage from it whenever I want. It can never disengage from me though. There’s a reason why no one ever complains about necro in WvW.

It’s true that in terms of fighting ability it may not be far off from a war, but in reality there’s huge difference between them.

Necro is balanced.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

thief is op in wvw, i know it because i use it, i also have a warrior, geared for wvw as well (believed some non sense crying babies on this forum) but i never use it wvw, because its no where as good in all situation.

putting some zerg train head video doesn’t make you any op in anything, i can litterally jump in zerg by myself and do tons of damage and port out like nothing happened with my thief.

actually, i can find some thief 1v X fully geared video with commentary if i want to
or if you want similar video, i saw someone on twitch, does exactly the same thing like in this video, but with his thief and he spams sb2

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont know what all the fuss about

this warrior video just let you see that warrior class is for beginners spam 1 and you can be clicker and also does very low dmg as he needs his toughness high

thieves are not op in zerg fight but have their place in wvw in other area
although with dagger storm when i shadow step into the heart of the zerg and jump out i can do 4-5k aoe dmg

in Thief

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

He’s definitely a good thief who has a keen understanding of his environment and his odds, who is quite capable of articulating his strategy, buuuuut, if you listen to the video his strategy is typically “so and so did this… so I went into stealth” followed by “then there were more people, so I went into stealth again”

It’s basically a 20 minute lovesong to black powder.

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

with thief class you must pay attention to your enemies, which class they are, who has higher armor, who is more dangerous and act accordingly. thus make the learning curve more slower and higher. you must know when to enter stealth, when to harass your enemy and when to strike. as you dont have many stunbreaks or high armor and health so stealth is your friend

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

with thief class you must pay attention to your enemies, which class they are, who has higher armor, who is more dangerous and act accordingly. thus make the learning curve more slower and higher. you must know when to enter stealth, when to harass your enemy and when to strike. as you dont have many stunbreaks or high armor and health so stealth is your friend

except they nerf stealth and buffs it gives lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Well nerf to thief back to engie hehe

in Thief

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

Warrior need adjustement.

High damage and armor are good. But not this mobility. They leave and re-enter in fight fast and with no problem like thief. They cant be good in all.

And in this video we have 0 strategy, only click click and stop. He doesnt take care about enemy class or something else. He runs and click, like zombie XD

That’s the reason i dont like “brainless class”. Like warrior XD

in Thief

Posted by: capmasterflash.5690

capmasterflash.5690

As an avid thief user I have to say I am peeved. Royally peeved. The post game META, especially including but not limited to, warriors makes us appear as some kind of monolith. WE ARE NOT A MONOLITH. Thieves come in all shapes and sizes (give or take a couple human female T3 cultural short white haired variants). A whole slew of strategies implemented. You don’t see me complaining about the 3k with each swing axe warriors do followed by an eviscerate of at least 8k. They just see thief and automatically get the PRTSC button ready and the QQ on the forums.

I got this Key and Peele reference.

[MU]- my name is red
Asura Thief/Ele
HoD

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

oh im sorry was the only class being able to kill someone with fireworks not good enough for you?
and he doesn’t always fight bad players, that doesn’t change the fact that a thief can just do whatever he/she wants and get away scot free.
besides an ele can drop tons of aoe and CC in the middle of a huge zerg supported by guardians and not die.
but do people cry that eles are OP? no they cry because they don’t die fast enough so people can get there free loot bag.

I saw one time a necromancer killing 4 people with fear because of a cliff.

SOOOO?

It is circumstantial! the firework video has terrible bad players with no idea of what are they doing.

Obviously you are a troll as i can see in your message history from all post you are so this is my last message for you.

in Thief

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

I saw a few problems with the above listed videos and their credentials. Let’s get the easy ones out of the way. Naked thief killing people, is useless because there are numerous videos of other proffesions killing people naked. That’s not an op thing, that’s an “I’m good at the game thing, watch me win” thing. Video of a thief spamming 2 is useless because he played against crappy players, and used a crappy not op tactic. that’s a l2p issue if you’re dying to that. Finally, as far as just easy write offs, the necro video. Saw that one too. That video was meant to show OP immob, but instead it showed OP necro, remember? If it 1. takes 3 people to stack that much immob, and 2. DOESN’T WORK it’s not OP. Think that thief stacked all that immob by himself, you’re kitten wrong, sorry.

Now, as for “Video of a thief not even trying in a 5v1” those are a dime a dozen. Anybody can do that if they are good. I’ve won in 5v1’s and I’m not even that good. Unless you made the 5v1 thief video then I’m not sure if you are justified in saying he was “not trying”. Who know, maybe he was.

“The Video” Thief Perma stealthing mesmers in a keep or garri? This is just a bad one. Just the way you organized the sentence, really. Are you trying to tell me there is one video of one thief killing one mesmer in a garrison AND a keep? or are there multiple videos of multiple thieves killing multiple mesmers in multiple keeps and garri’s? No matter the case, this is a gain a dime a dozen case, I’ve seen the reverse of this too, where it is one mesmer killing infinite players by himself. The difference is I didn’t watch it and use it as a reason to kitten. I watched it and though, “Look at him go, knockin eri one off dat cliff.. what a kitten, good for him”

I see you also had the audacity to mention a thief standing in his AoE 5 skill and “insta” beating warriors. Sure, that can be true. If you are fighting a moron. If you’re a warrior and you decide to fight inside the blind filed, that’s your own kitten fault.

You say warrior hammer isn’t OP? absolutely right it isn’t. Easy to dodge, easy to kill. don’t come to the thief forums and talk about stability though, that’ll get you no where.

Dagger storm hitting everything on a 90s cooldown? Sorry if we have an elite skill that is elite.

Thief killing merchant in a spawn was a glitch, not OP

thief picking off tail ends of zergs? that is literally what a-net said they wanted us to do. I have a developer book that sates, “Thieves are meant to get in and get out quick, taking out high value targets and retreating to safety”

Feel free to get back to me in any way you know how.

in Thief

Dagraan.2854

you know iv’e never seen a video of a naked ele, or engie, or warrior killing people with ease. the naked videos isn’t just hey look at me i’m so pro i can beat baddies, its hey look at me i can abuse a cheap class against baddies.
with a thief its no risk since he can just perma stealth away if he’s fighting a decent player.

people can make those videos of 5v1 because they have no risk at all, if those 5 people are of equal skill the thief can just shadow step away stealth, and if he has a shortbow move 1800+ range in 2 seconds something that no other class can do.

if a warrior tries that and theres 5 equal skilled players then he’s either gonna have to run the speed build which is useless in wvw or be SoL.

and i have the audacity to say a theif standing in his pistol 5 and insta winning against warriors? oh what you don’t know how to use the pistol 5 for something other than perma stealth?

a warriors attacks aren’t long enough range to hit some thief standing in the middle of a blind field, unless he has a longbow and even then the thief can just go hide till his health comes back or just shadow shot to the warrior, not even mentioning the steal skill.
and most hammer warriors aren’t gonna carry some ranged weapon so their either gonna be all melee for best effectiveness in zergs or some random roaming build with a ranged weapon.
and the thief perma stealthing a mesmer in a keep was about the perma stealth with the pistol 5 and shortbow, without using even 1 utility. which is not a class mechanic.
not to mention your elite skill which is honestly one of the only elite skills that can be classified as “elite” gives stability, and hits everything spamming cripples, bleeds, and reflects.
you ever wonder why an ele can’t just warp in the middle of a zerg and tornado to get away or do mass amounts of aoe?

the thief killing everything in spawn is a glitch, but how is bugging out and disabling that teams merchant for that map not OP?
and no its not about a thief picking off stragglers that are falling off of a zerg its about a thief running into the middle of a zerg and killing people and getting away its not the ability to do a lot of damage its their ability to get away without a scratch because stealth has no real counters.

a warrior maybe be anets golden child, but hes not god in wvw if he wants to do CC and lots of damage he has to give up mobility, if he wants to run as fast as thieves he has to give up damage.

does a thief have to do that? no the thief can have both and always and easily maintain ultimate control.
the thief class is equally as golden as warriors.

in Thief

ryan.6217

And we’re off!!!!

“you know iv’e never seen a video of a naked ele, or engie, or warrior killing people with ease” I have ^^ and shocker they too are abusing a cheap tactic, turns out all proffesions have access to a cheap build set! Who’da thunk it?!

Warrior in an equally skilled match against 5 other players will result in him dying, obviously. A thief would ALSO die in a fight against five EQUAL players. Just because he stealths doesnt make him invinsible. Nobody wins, also, if he runs away like a coward. This 5v1 wasn’t about equality, you changed your standpoint. you win in a 5v1 if you are BETTER, not EQUAL.

Again, drop the 5 skill beats ALL WARRIORS OMFG BLIND OP. warrior 5 on shield blocks thief attacks, and therefore is the same as a blind attack that negates warrior attacks. Thieves can also use blinding powder twice in a row before they are COMPLETELY OUT OF INITIATIVE. You think a warrior is going to die to blinding powder? again, no. he is going to die if he is dumb and doesnt know how to handle blind. a Thief will die if he is dumb and doesnt know how to handle blocks.

“the thief killing everything in spawn is a glitch, but how is bugging out and disabling that teams merchant for that map not OP? " Please leave this one out of here on your next wall of texts. Any one could have exploited that glitch. and there is a difference between OP and exploiting a glitch. A Ranger isnt OP if his pet heal glitches and heal fully heals under water when all his pets are dead, he’s just glitching. Doesn’t make his glitch op…it makes him glitching.

a thief running into the middle of a zerg and killing people and getting away its not the ability to do a lot of damage its their ability to get away without a scratch because stealth has no real counters.

After reading this i realized you don’t actually play thief, i figured you at least dabbled in one, but turns out you haven’t. Stealth having no counters is the most overused QQ used by people who don’t play thief. If a thief runs into the middle of a zerg and kills “people” implying more than one person.. that zerg is kittening dumb as kitten. I can hardly even address this comment because of how full of faults it is. If a zerg saw a player die in the middle of it, and didnt immediately think, " there must be a thief LETS ALL PRESS 1 AND KILL I" that’s their fault. Also people would notice a player dying in the middle of zerg if it was getting attacked by a thief, its not like the thief perma stealths while attacking, 3s revealed prevents that. So the whole zerg would have 3 seconds to hit the thief at least once, which would probably kill the kitten if he’s traited so high into zerk mode that he can kill a zergling before the zerg could stop him.

“the thief class is equally as golden as warriors.” approved. I dont think thief is OP, and i dont think warrior is OP. i just think you’re a bad.

Also don’t whine about DS. It does it’s intended purpose which is help control a fight when you are running out of options. The daggers are random, its not like we are aiming at you, and if you close distance on us we are kitten useless in DS. You can wail on us and we have to sit there like, “ope, i hope about 5 of my daggers hit this guy before he kills me.. maybe i should try spinning away from him”. Also if a thief DS’s into a zerg.. he’s dead. no question about it.

GG sir… well not really

in Thief

Sanduskel.1850

I am a thief, and there is no defense for perma stealth. It makes my class laughably easy and makes us universally hated. Just last night in map chat, it was universally agreed that perma stealth is opd as heck and annoying to boot. Don’t claim that perma stealthers can’t kill anyone, lol. I’ve played the spec and I could kill nearly all opponents. So mindlessly easy…

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

ryan.6217

I am a thief, and there is no defense for perma stealth. It makes my class laughably easy and makes us universally hated. Just last night in map chat, it was universally agreed that perma stealth is opd as heck and annoying to boot. Don’t claim that perma stealthers can’t kill anyone, lol. I’ve played the spec and I could kill nearly all opponents. So mindlessly easy…

perma stealth is lame, getting nerfed out of existence on the 10th thankfully. I’m not supporting perma stealth, i’m saying stealth, as a mechanic, isn’t OP, and is counter-able

in Thief

Sanduskel.1850

Being able to stealth in the middle of a fight is also lame, but perma stealth is abuse of game mechanics. Personally, I am happy to see it nerfed. It gives our class a horrible reputation.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

a warrior maybe be anets golden child,

And my day is made.

A bit more serious…

… wvw if he wants to do CC and lots of damage he has to give up mobility …

So, for CC+lots of damage, i have to give up mobility, seems like a fair trade, i give up one i get two…. not to mention what mobility? you’re in a zerg anyways, you will get speed buffed…. tactical/fight mobility? not needed, you have CC to become more mobile than the target(s) (clearly, they can’t move/do kitten when they’re CC’ed), pair that with lots of damage, I don’t think you need mobility….. I mean I wouldn’t mind if warriors get buffed and they have CC+Lots of Damage+Mobility (just more icing on the cake).

… if he wants to run as fast as thieves he has to give up damage.

You’re in a zerg (WvW context not being ignored)… pretty sure the guard/mesmer will speed you up… Impatient getting to the zerg group? can’t help there. Want to run/move past/faster then the zerg? Why? not too sure what you’re complaining about here…

In contrast:
Thief gives up majority of their damage to get a little bit of survivability/durability.
Or
Thief gives up what little survivability/durability they have for majority of their damage.

So, either the thief can’t kill well, or the thief is just has squishy as those mosquitoes.

:P Warriors getting nerfed so they dont have CC and LOTS OF DAMAGE, they’re forced to choose between the two (oh no…).
Thief’s vigor getting nerfed, less dodging -> less survivability/durability.

But, I mean thieves are totally OP, I hope Anet nerfs them more.
(they should increase the gathering time when the thief mines/cuts/picks nodes, I can’t stand how thieves are able to do that (faster in stealth too). Also lengthen their crafting times (again, they craft faster in stealth)).

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Sanduskel.1850

Little survivability? Are you kidding me? My thief has tons of survivability AND decent dps.

OP’d thief, lol

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

Little survivability? Are you kidding me? My thief has tons of survivability AND decent dps.

Define survivability. Better yet, please post your build. Thanks!

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Less than 50 hours on my thief, I can fight 3v1, disengage, re-engage and stomp 2 of my opponents. The third gets away into a keep, so I fight the guards. One of the guards uses blind on me (blind OP) and I can’t hit 2 fast enough, so I stealth away.

I have fought many, many people, and won so many fights I should have lost through sheer silly mechanics I can’t even believe it.

Signed,
Worst Thief, NA.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Define survivability. Better yet, please post your build. Thanks!

Curious as well.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

Less than 50 hours on my thief, I can fight 3v1, disengage, re-engage and stomp 2 of my opponents. The third gets away into a keep, so I fight the guards. One of the guards uses blind on me (blind OP) and I can’t hit 2 fast enough, so I stealth away.

I have fought many, many people, and won so many fights I should have lost through sheer silly mechanics I can’t even believe it.

Signed,
Worst Thief, NA.

Make a video, I wanna see this

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Thief has crap heals, crap support, crap armor, 3 crap utility types, two of the crappiest traits in the game, worst range, 1.5 builds, poor damage….

EDIT: Crap condition removal, crap stuns, crap stun breaks…

BUT THEEPHZ HAVE STEALTH AND THEREFORE OHPEE!!!#1two

EDIT2: If it is SO OP then why are you not playing it? And don’t give me any pride/dignity BS.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

in Thief

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

you know iv’e never seen a video of a naked ele, or engie, or warrior killing people with ease. the naked videos isn’t just hey look at me i’m so pro i can beat baddies, its hey look at me i can abuse a cheap class against baddies.
with a thief its no risk since he can just perma stealth away if he’s fighting a decent player.

people can make those videos of 5v1 because they have no risk at all, if those 5 people are of equal skill the thief can just shadow step away stealth, and if he has a shortbow move 1800+ range in 2 seconds something that no other class can do.

if a warrior tries that and theres 5 equal skilled players then he’s either gonna have to run the speed build which is useless in wvw or be SoL.

and i have the audacity to say a theif standing in his pistol 5 and insta winning against warriors? oh what you don’t know how to use the pistol 5 for something other than perma stealth?

a warriors attacks aren’t long enough range to hit some thief standing in the middle of a blind field, unless he has a longbow and even then the thief can just go hide till his health comes back or just shadow shot to the warrior, not even mentioning the steal skill.
and most hammer warriors aren’t gonna carry some ranged weapon so their either gonna be all melee for best effectiveness in zergs or some random roaming build with a ranged weapon.
and the thief perma stealthing a mesmer in a keep was about the perma stealth with the pistol 5 and shortbow, without using even 1 utility. which is not a class mechanic.
not to mention your elite skill which is honestly one of the only elite skills that can be classified as “elite” gives stability, and hits everything spamming cripples, bleeds, and reflects.
you ever wonder why an ele can’t just warp in the middle of a zerg and tornado to get away or do mass amounts of aoe?

the thief killing everything in spawn is a glitch, but how is bugging out and disabling that teams merchant for that map not OP?
and no its not about a thief picking off stragglers that are falling off of a zerg its about a thief running into the middle of a zerg and killing people and getting away its not the ability to do a lot of damage its their ability to get away without a scratch because stealth has no real counters.

a warrior maybe be anets golden child, but hes not god in wvw if he wants to do CC and lots of damage he has to give up mobility, if he wants to run as fast as thieves he has to give up damage.

does a thief have to do that? no the thief can have both and always and easily maintain ultimate control.

you clearly haven’t played a thief.