Solution to the QQing about Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

It’s so simple! As Shadowstep said in another thread…

Sb5 isn’t reason why thieves are in sad state right now, reason is endless qq from players that never touched thief class and devs having 0 interest in this class.

Whenever a new player starts Guild Wars 2 for the first time, force them into a tutorial. During this tutorial, of course, they will have to play a Thief. They will be lead through several engagements, and they will surely die many, many times. They will be taught that running is the best solution to most situations. In one test, they must must remain on point for 30 seconds (without stealth) against an enemy, the goal being to wait until another profession comes to actually fight and win.

Hopefully, every player will then see how fragile the Thief actually is. But unfortunately, it may also result in them playing other professions at a MUCH higher level than they would otherwise… also resulting in a more difficult time for actual Thieves.

Ps. This will also, hopefully, get the devs to understand the Thief issues, seeing that they will have to make the tutorial challenges somewhat survivable.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

(edited by Kageseigi.2150)

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Or how about just rerolling and killing everyone with their own professions. Because that is balance.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Or how about just rerolling and killing everyone with their own professions. Because that is balance.

+1

/15char

in Thief

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Only if we can make others reroll to Thief to try to kill us also ;-P

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Seconding this.

Plus if anymore QQ’ers die in the crossfire, they will do what they do best – go on the forums and QQ and get the class nerfed. Eventually thief will be decent again. May take some time but I think this is the most solid course of action for bringing thief on par with other profs (or, well, bringing other profs on par with thief)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

This game would lose a lot of players if this would get implemented lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Never thought of it that way but this is could end with positive results eventually but how long it would take is a concern. It’s an RNG like solution if you put yourself in their point of view.

This game would lose a lot of players if this would get implemented lol.

It’s not like new players are staying on thief for a while either so meh..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

half the new F2P players in my guild who reached max lvl, are switching away from Thief. As in, they bought the expansion, ready to roll, all upgraded, and just switched.
It’s just sad and it leak in the faucet won’t stop. ever.

even then, we’ ll keep here little drops at night.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Aidal.4901

Aidal.4901

What would be in this tutorial? Because I think thief is fine for damage and survival. A.I is easy enough to outsmart and if it’s WvW or sPvP I’ve plenty of escapes to get away.

Being good on a thief is an exercise of judgement as much as the actual class, you size up and then strike. That’s the only real difference I feel between thief and all the other classes.

Addition: It’s 4AM and after re-reading I realized I missed a bit about your post, but removing stealth for 30 seconds?

To clarify, you want to put a thief in a position where it needs its stealth, and.. remove it’s stealth?

D/P for example, if I’m defending a cap, I know it doesn’t cap instantly, so I am comfortable ducking in and out of stealth, slamming my damage with combos of HS and backstabbing, dropping blinds and interrupts whenever possible. Longest little battle I had like that was about a minute, maybe minute and a half,(wvw roaming) I know this because I used Shadow Step and almost used it again.

Your tutorial, while a bit impractical. Falls apart once you remove stealth, a chief asset in survival as well as damage output.

(edited by Aidal.4901)