Steal 10x Buggier than Before?

in Thief

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

There’s been a post before about how steal is acting up linky

Besides that, I’ve found some more unpredictable steal affects that is in no way better than the bug that anet fixed.

If you pre-cast a skill (take CnD for example) and then Steal. There is a chance to shadowstep to the target, use CnD (target takes damage and you stealth) and then get slingshotted back to where you started and it says “Out of range” with Steal on full cooldown, no item stolen. This is easily shown in CoE p3 unique boss (the one you need to shoot 3 lasers at his shield). When jumping down, on the last transparent platform, pre-cast CnD and steal from the boss. You’ll see the damage pop up and that you become stealthed, but end up back on the transparent platform.

With all these bugs, I hope that anet just reverts back the Steal fix (it wasn’t that convenient to exploit anyways, and in my experience, doesn’t even help greatly in PvE).
Hopefully anet doesn’t fix this bug by reducing Steal’s range to 50.

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

I’ve noticed this too pls fix

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Since anet’s “fix”, even shadowstep will teleport you back under the hammer if you manage to use it near any tiny bump in terrain.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I have recently made a thief bug list. Its already in there. I will link this thread to the steal part.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Thief-bugged-list/first#post4228084

I hope you can support me a bit by posting your thief bugs there. And maybe anet will notice it.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Thief

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m a relatively new thief player, coming from mesmer and I haven’t noticed anything painful about the steal skill, at least compared to all the bugs in the mesmer skill list.

I have to admit I didn’t know you could combo skills with Steal though. I’ll have to try that.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Thief

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’ve also been getting that bug sometimes. It’s very annoying in a WvW fight. I’ve also been getting delays with the shadowstep on occassional as well, but that may just be lag on my part.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Thief

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

every thief I have faced has not had a problem popping it on me from stealth.. I wish they did =|

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

every thief I have faced has not had a problem popping it on me from stealth.. I wish they did =|

It’s simple, you are Unlucky :c

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

This isn’t just steal, but steal is probably the one you’d notice it on the most since it’s used so often. All teleports seem to be suffering from this. On twitch the mesmer helseth tried to use portal but after he’d teleport to other side, it’d send him back to his starting location. He flipped out because this happened every time he tried to go through and portal cannot send you back and forth so quickly no matter how fast you press the F key. Soooooo it appears Anet broke 2 classes…