Steal - quality of life changes

in Thief

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Change Steal-related traits to apply their effects (if possible) without targeting someone with Steal (if it goes on full cooldown anyway, why not give us this option):

• Mug ’s heal
  • Bountiful Theft ’s 15s vigor
  • Kleptomaniac ’s initiative gain
  • Hidden Thief ’s 2s stealth
  • already works with Thrill of the Crime

Change Steal so if it’s used out of range it doesn’t cancel skills already being casted (biggest issue is: use Dagger Storm, use Steal from 900+ range while channeling, Dagger Storm is interrupted).

Change Long Reach to allow Steal to hit its other trait effects (mainly the daze from Sleight of Hand and the damage from Mug, or the posion from Serpent’s Touch) even when the target is obscured from your starting location(as long as Steal teleports to a non-obscured position). This change is pretty much needed to make this trait a viable option – how often does it happen (especially in sPvP on Khylo or Niftel) that your target is at 1500 range and not obscured? And if they are obscured, why would you use Steal just to shadowstep to them and waste all the other effects you are given from traits?
And the basic mechanic of Steal (shadowstep to enemy) works on obscured targets to begin with.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Change Steal-related traits to apply their effects (if possible) without targeting someone with Steal (if it goes on full cooldown anyway, why not give us this option):

• Mug ’s heal
    No enemies →Autoregeneration
    No Enemies → Dodge is unnecessary
    No enemies→ unnecessary, why no weaponskill are necessary
    No enemies→ why would you want to stealth
Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Aleth.9630

• Mug ’s heal
    No enemies ->Autoregeneration
    No Enemies -> Dodge is unnecessary
    Dodge past potential enemies to avoid getting in combat?
    No enemies-> unnecessary, why no weaponskill are necessary
    Weapon skills can be used for mobility so 3 initiative would actually be of use even out of combat
    No enemies-> why would you want to stealth
    To sneak past potential enemies or stack stealth?

Just because you’re ignorant and don’t want additional options to use your Steal doesn’t mean others don’t need it either. And what if I told that you don’t always want to shadowstep to an enemy in melee range but you want those effects? And as I said, if it goes on cooldown instead of saying “You do not have a target to use this skill.” (like the rest of such skills), why not make it useful instead of it going to waste.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

they should all happen regardless of choosing a target. they also might let it be like a shadowstep so wehn u steal you just go forward 900-1500 in any direction.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Using Steal without a target doesn’t mean there are no enemies around. You can clear your target any time by just clicking on the ground, even during combat. The only caveat is you need to have auto-targeting disabled, otherwise Steal would automatically choose the enemy closest to you as the new target.

I agree with the OP’s suggestion in this respect. We can use Steal as a disengaging mechanism this way for the swiftness/stealth/healing/dodges it would provide when traited without also being teleported to melee range. If it goes on full cooldown, why should we not be able to gain the benefits of our traits?

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Thief

Posted by: doubleomar.2165

doubleomar.2165

Just because you’re ignorant[…]

You defeated whatever semblance of respect you thought you deserved with that one remark.

in Thief

Aleth.9630

Just because you’re ignorant[…]

You defeated whatever semblance of respect you thought you deserved with that one remark.

Don’t go off-topic please. If you have something like that to say, PM me.

Sigh, I feel like these aren’t read by staff members, it’ll probably end up like my suggestion about Retaliation, ignored and implemented many months later.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

in Thief

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Hidden thief works without target. Used it the other day during the barrage phase
in the Mai Trin bossfight to prolong my sr stealth.

It’s strange however, that the other traits do not.