Stealth Haters

Stealth Haters

in Thief

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

being invisible is over the top OP. It has no use in the game and its only use is to do cowardly acts. We have enough cowards in the real world. I would delete invisibility and give them something else. That or drop their hps down to 25 make going into invisible mode damaging to the thief.

bloomin this ^
i hate perma stealth, it needs adressing i have an 80 thief and when i found out about this i was disgusted, seriously???

no just have a cooldown on the combofield and the problem is sorted, you should be able to stack like that.

You have to significantly nerf your damage to get the most out of stealthing.

no buddy sorry you dont, im a backstab thief and am using d/p now because the perma stealth allows me to trade in refuge

You think I made these comments without knowing a thief in depth? You have to significantly nerf your damage to perma-stealth. Even then, stealth is quite easy to deal with - it’s invisibility, not invulnerability. Playing a thief makes it quite easy to figure out usual patterns, where they may or may not be depending on what skills you’ve seen used, etc. But we can go in circles all day, post screens of your 10-15k backstabs with perma stealth builds on non-uplvl’d guardians for me please; prove me wrong.

(edited by docMed.7692)

Stealth Haters

in Thief

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

We are not hated for our damage so much as the fact we can mangage our abilities to control the fight.

I have other lvl80s that are ok to play..but in WvW give me my thief.

Just the sheer enjoyment of Steal>CnD> BackStab…insert other dmg..dropping a foe in the middle of a hostile supply camp & escaping is more rewarding than zerging on my other 80s.

But..steal must work right..no blade of grass to trip my *teleport up.
No revealed defuff..it’s been 5 seconds +…hmmm, why can’t I restealth. Dang..it still blew my cool downs on my skills..dodge>dodge>..hope for evades..

I’v had friends over at my house watching me do the “thief” thing.
The most common comment is about how finicky some of my skills can be.
The second is “Dude…they need to just AOE instead running around doing nuthin”

Within the next month they get a thief to 80..call me and say..“This is to much work, I’m gonna run my (insert) and run with the zerg.”

As a thief we don’t fight our enemies battles..we choose to be patient and strike at a time of our choosing even if it’s just do distract the zerg to give our guys time to deploy.

Players get mad if you give them the slip..understandably..even though they didn’t die ..no meat taste sweeter than roasted thief..except maybe messmer kabobs (imho).

If a stealth “fix” came into effect would Anet..buff another area or two of thief abilities.
ie:
One minute revealed..but we get a BackStab buff of huge damage or BackStab ANYTIME we are behind an enemy.

Or more teleports tied into attacks..to steal a trick of messmers your enemies also drop target..

Or true Permenant stealth..on till you attack..no “tricks or skill combos”..lazy mode stealth..man that would be nice.

The tears of QQs would be tasty as they eat crow.

Thieves are not the WvW gods you make us out to be, we are more like the devil feeding you lies to make you think we are.

But with a lil bit’o love by Anet to appease the tears of QQ’s …we could be.

Most of us that know what we are doing don’t think Stealth is OP anymore. They fixed the flaws with it which was culling issues and 1 shot back stabs. I like fighting a thief. Gives me a rush win or lose because I have a 50/50 chance of facing someone competent in PvP. Some of us live off of challenge after all and improve instead of “OMG NERF!” =) Is it still irritating when one gets away? yes. Do I cry for days or lose sleep? nope.

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

Stealth Haters

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

1v1 and 1v2 happens quite often.
Cutting off reinforcments is easy when they come out 1 or 2 at a time following the same route.

We attack a gate..some peaple are on watch. Not just at the keep.

if only 1 or 2 come but 1 or 2 at a time per 10 secs….i dont think you are killing em that fast then have the utilities to rinse n repeat. also almost every class has a way to run by you and ignore whatever u do. 1v1 is aboutg 95% useless in this game.

Stealth Haters

in Thief

Posted by: Sunshine.3415

Sunshine.3415

I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the long stealths if other aspects were brought up to balance us out. But it’d still be cool to have short stealths just to break target and such. As long as a Thief is a slippery customer!

I’d suggest anyone having trouble with killing average Thieves (after all a good player will kill you because he is a good player) to play one for a while like someone said earlier. It will really help you see the weak points.

Also from personal experience it’s still fun to run with a zerg. Sure you aren’t as supporty as other classes, but if you don’t take part in the main clash of a zerg you can rack up the kills, and use the chaos to your advantage.

Reading this thread reminds me of why I like to play Thief!

and yes I do hiss when a Guardian’s Aegis blocks my attack :P (not that that is the end of me!)

Stealth Haters

in Thief

Posted by: Sunshine.3415

Sunshine.3415

Also Darksidhe I love the way you write your posts, they are almost like haikus.

“We attack a gate..some peaple are on watch. Not just at the keep”

Stealth Haters

in Thief

Posted by: Ainianu.5693

Ainianu.5693

I personally have no problem with how the thief works and would not change them, i have played a thief and been against them and my solution to the perceived problem really would be more availability to ‘revealed’ perhaps some short duration condition type effects tied to some class abilities, or tucked away in trait lines of various classes that go currently unused to give a little more defense against these tactics. As long as the amount of revealed is not overdone, since the thieves gotta play too

EDIT: to clarify, when i say i would not change thieves i only mean in respect to the amount of stealth, there is a lot of other stuff i would change unrelated to this topic