Stealth needs to drop on damage

in Thief

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I feel that stealth should drop upon attack making it more of a defense skill not an OP attack method. I mean getting hit multiple times from an invisible opponent is ridiculous, especially if there is no way to remove it, not being able to target an invisible target is unbalanced for certain classes who have limited AOE capability ie rangers. Perhaps they may allow pets attack invisible enemies…..or knock them out of stealth. Just a thought on how to balance abilities without breaking a class.

It isn’t wrong to feel this way, but thieves are heavily balanced around offensive stealth as is so any change to this dynamic would mean a large profession revamp.

You also seem to be with the crowd that thinks you need AE capability to combat thieves. You don’t need a target to use the vast majority of skills in GW2, and using auto attack is usually more effective than throwing AEs everywhere.

in Thief

Tulisin.6945

Just a thought: What if stealth would not grant invisibility? Thief would only turn transcluent, be unattackable by direct attacks and have stealth specific skills available to them.

This would make stealth a hundred times more powerful than it is now. You can simply attack, hit, and kill stealthed thieves as-is, if you can discern where they are. Making where they are obvious but making them impossible to attack directly would make stealth overpowered

Enenion

I think a big reason that a lot of players don’t even try to attack a stealthed thief is because even if they hit the thief they get no feedback that their attack was successful.

The combat log, auto chains, and on-hit procs all give feedback on a successful strike against a stealthed target. People who know how to effectively combat stealth already know when they’re connecting. That said, I think allowing floating numbers to show on critical hits only would be a good way to allow better feedback during stealth combat.

Sil

To be honest, I rather see thieves damage greatly reduced if they want to keep their stealth. Even with stealth removed, they still hit very hard

Thieves don’t hit harder than any other profession with the same gear, the only big difference is thieves can burn their traited profession F1 mechanic, Steal, for instant damage, which allows more compacted damage in a short timeframe than most professions.

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

in Thief

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Much as I think thieves need a massive fix I don’t think stealth-break on damage is the way to do it. This would require way to much a redesign of the concepts behind stealth.

There are two easy ways to fix thieves, take your pick.
1) Change CnD to some form of evasion mechanic and drop the stealth component; or
2) Instead of the kitten backwards concept of MORE damage coming out of stealth, make thieves do HALF damage coming out of stealth. That way stealth is a choice, you can either get the drop on someone or do large damage, not both at the same time.

in Thief

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

I think direct mele damage should at LEAST make a sound and show some effect or somthing, i mean, comon, im wacking a thief with my sword or hammer and dont know it?

Except i do because my chain attack starts going off.

Of course lets be honest here: even if stealth DID break on damage its not like it would matter, thieves wouldnt render anyhow thanks to culling.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Thief

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Huh? There’s no perma stealth in thieves, only non thieves will say there’s perma stealth. Perma stealth is not the same with culling. You don’t even know what you’re talking about and you want to lobby.

@Musty – Extend reveal timer does not fix culling, culling affects everything that involves rendering in WvW, not limited to thieves. Also, culling happens at different rates depending on your computer quality too

Please, PLEASE, everyone needs top stop saying this. Culling has NOTHING to do with your computer or internet connection. It is part of the way their servers handle traffic. This specific issue with the thief has NOTHING to do with how many people are in the area of the fight. It will happen if you are the only 2 people playing on the entire server.

This has been thoroughly tested by a few buddies who were on an enemy server. On two computers with one very low end and one the highest end you can possibly build and both on top tier internet connections. Both servers showing “outmanned buff” meaning the traffic is low compared to zergs running around near each other. A thief out in the middle of nowhere away from everyone will remain invisible every single time for 2-3 seconds after stealth wearing off. Every single time with no deviation.

This culling issue will probably never be fixed. If it was possible it would have been done already. The only way to apply workarounds to the single class that exploits this issue the most. The thief.

Just raise the “revealed” debuff time to double what it is. That might help a bit.

This would solve a lot of issues. I play a thief and a ranger i have been taken to 1/2 health on my ranger before the enemy thief becomes visible then before I can even target he has his debuff gone and stealthed again.

yes there are counters however when a thief unloads he should visible. The quote above explains why the mechanic isnt working as intended.

in Thief

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

So, if some skills were enhanced to cause Revealed, which would they be?
Obviously “On My Mark” and Analyze, but what for the other professions?

in Thief

Posted by: Yggdrasil.7940

Yggdrasil.7940

As usual, I’m more for the “fix before, nerf after if needed” kind of approach.
Culling needs a fix, and thieves are not the only concerned, I am torn into pieces by invisible players everyday and they’re not thieves…..

And if you want to increase the “revealed” system by a crazy amount, do the same for block, invul and so on …….Yeah the player is still on screen, but takes no damage unlike stealthed characters…..

And why all the hate revolves around thief ? Mesmers can do almost the same (with longer cd, I admit, but a combo involving Decoy (with IP) + Mind Wrack can be as devastating as a thief opener if not worse….

Thief/Elementalist – Vizunah Square
What I mean by L2P

in Thief

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

The issue isn’t so much about thieves being perma-stealthed, its being hit for your entire health pool with 3 hits (Steal, C&D, Backstab) and stomped without anyone even seeing the Thief.

With all the increases to damage in Traits, the ability to stack might and full Berserker gear the top end damage on these skills is off the charts. Fix this and half the whines about stealth will go away.

I do it all the time on my Thief, its ridiculously overpowered but kitten its fun and I see why everyone doesn’t want it nerfed. We all know it has to be though.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in Thief

Posted by: Avalon.4809

Avalon.4809

I’m also tired of thieves’ stealth culling issue, but this “removing stealth by damage” is completely nonsense.

Why don’t we get completely rid of stealth since this kind of adjustment would make stealth useless?

Stealth should stay, that’s what makes thieves a thief. Also, removing stealth by damage shouldn’t be an option, instead of that, there should be other solutions to this problem.

in Thief

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Horrible arguments itt.

Perfect World had the system where “assassins” (read thieves, rogues, w/e) lost stealth on AOEs/damage. They were still cheap, but they couldn’t just camp people like in this game, and actually learned how to play a class that was squishy with high damage output….

AOEing players in stealth worked in an older out dated game. It would work in this game too.

[SU]

in Thief

Tulisin.6945

Horrible arguments itt.

Perfect World had the system where “assassins” (read thieves, rogues, w/e) lost stealth on AOEs/damage. They were still cheap, but they couldn’t just camp people like in this game, and actually learned how to play a class that was squishy with high damage output….

AOEing players in stealth worked in an older out dated game. It would work in this game too.

Absolutely, it is a viable option given a massive revamp of the thief profession that would take an entire testing cycle.

Just like “Make it so elementalists can’t switch attunement in combat” is a viable change, given you’re willing to do all the work it’d entail to completely strip the profession down and redesign it around the new paradigm.

in Thief

Posted by: Sonork.2916

Sonork.2916

I won’t suggest how, but there is only ONE thing thats needs to happen.

There needs to be a way to remove stealth from stealthed players.

That is all.

(edited by Sonork.2916)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What about if using stealth reduces run speed by 15% or something like that?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Thief

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I’m also tired of thieves’ stealth culling issue, but this “removing stealth by damage” is completely nonsense.

Why don’t we get completely rid of stealth since this kind of adjustment would make stealth useless?

Stealth should stay, that’s what makes thieves a thief. Also, removing stealth by damage shouldn’t be an option, instead of that, there should be other solutions to this problem.

why? most other pvp games reveal stealthed when damaged, including dark age.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Thief

Trikki.5803

Remove stealth when the Thief does damage, not when he’s hit imo.

Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Because just about EVERY class has a channel skill that continues to hit after going into stealth. People would soon learn. “Hostile thief, spam the channel spell HE WILL NEVER STEALTH” Not to mention fighting a staff necro would be IMPOSSIBLE. Mark and you can’t get close.

On another note, most games have permastleath that breaks on damage, this is not the case here, stealth lasts 3 seconds, 4 if traited down shadow arts. Fix culling and you fix stealth. Adjusting stealth while culling is still in play is like placing a bandaid on an arterial bleed.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: sahand.9138

sahand.9138

thieves are way op i play one and i know it, its bull kitten, its the only class i can actually get tokens on for my legendary.

in Thief

Trikki.5803

In reality Thief stealth never last 3-4 seconds. Add the heal, cloak and dagger plus Blinding Powder (if used). Also, Shadow Refuge pulses, you can stack your own stealth high if you stay in the field for long enough (and if people are silly enough not to AE the stealth field).

Blackgate

in Thief

Tulisin.6945

Remove stealth when the Thief does damage, not when he’s hit imo.

This is exactly how stealth works as-is, with the exception of condition damage.

in Thief

WereDragon.6083

In reality Thief stealth never last 3-4 seconds. Add the heal, cloak and dagger plus Blinding Powder (if used). Also, Shadow Refuge pulses, you can stack your own stealth high if you stay in the field for long enough (and if people are silly enough not to AE the stealth field).

Is this more of a shot at not being able to get a kill as the thief runs? Or something else.

If the thief burns all of those he now no longer has ANY slot skills for a fight with you, no condition removal from hide in shadows. Immobile, don’t get close so you take a CnD and zerg the lowest HP pool class in the game to the floor.

in Thief

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

Stealth is working fine, except for culling.

You’re just annoyed you can’t kill thieves easily when they should be hard to kill. Play a thief, and you’ll understand how easy it is to get killed playing thief.

my thoughts exactly. fix culling and we should be done with it. . .but we ALL know the casuals will continue to QQ about it

in Thief

Columba.9730

Because just about EVERY class has a channel skill that continues to hit after going into stealth. People would soon learn. “Hostile thief, spam the channel spell HE WILL NEVER STEALTH” Not to mention fighting a staff necro would be IMPOSSIBLE. Mark and you can’t get close.

On another note, most games have permastleath that breaks on damage, this is not the case here, stealth lasts 3 seconds, 4 if traited down shadow arts. Fix culling and you fix stealth. Adjusting stealth while culling is still in play is like placing a bandaid on an arterial bleed.

untrue. because of culling bugs, thieves can remain permanently stealthed. I encourage those of you tired of dying to permanently invisible enemies to give daily feedback to anet.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Thief

WereDragon.6083

untrue. because of culling bugs, thieves can remain permanently stealthed. I encourage those of you tired of dying to permanently invisible enemies to give daily feedback to anet.

As I said.

" Fix culling and you fix stealth. Adjusting stealth while culling is still in play is like placing a bandaid on an arterial bleed."

You said it yourself, culling is bugged, fix it and you fix stealth

in Thief

Columba.9730

As I said.

" Fix culling and you fix stealth. Adjusting stealth while culling is still in play is like placing a bandaid on an arterial bleed."

You said it yourself, culling is bugged, fix it and you fix stealth

maybe. we won’t know until they fix culling. they i will declare whether stealth is “fixed.”

in Thief

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

All this talk about “dont nerf me bro, correct culling instead” is just ridiculous. Anet trying to deal with culling issue since early BWEs, and progress still miserable. So what, we must waiting another year or two with brave “stab-stab-stealth-lol_u_cant_catch_me-here_we_go_again” boys? Bullkitten. Give us at least damage indication then we hit stealthed target by melee damage.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Thief

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I haven’t read most of the thread, but I seriously disagree with the OP.

I think the best route to go with stealth to fit GW2 game play, is to make it much more powerful but much less frequent.

Stealth abilities should make the user immune to damage for a short period, but I’d like to see them only on long cooldown utilities. Fix CnD and Prestige however you see fit to compensate for that. Make people choose stealth as a utility itself, not the catch-all crutch it is now.

in Thief

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

@ Rednik – so for you, invisible players that’s not a thief is OK? You’re more candid and aggressive in trying to pursue a nerf in thief and accept the fact that Anet will take a year to fix everything else? YOu must really hate thieves eh?…Do you even read what people are saying here? They don’t want to “nerf”, they want to destroy the thief profession with the out of this world demands. There’s nothing in a thief that’s OP…WHAT’S BOTHERING MANY PEOPLE are not THIEVES, but the culling…thieves just inadvertently benefit from this less discreetly. Example of this is in SPVP, look how the fact that culling is non existent in SPVP, thieves aren’t as hated…people are barking on the wrong tree…

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

in Thief

Columba.9730

@ Rednik – so for you, invisible players that’s not a thief is OK? You’re more candid and aggressive in trying to pursue a nerf in thief and accept the fact that Anet will take a year to fix everything else? YOu must really hate thieves eh?…Do you even read what people are saying here? They don’t want to “nerf”, they want to destroy the thief profession with the out of this world demands. There’s nothing in a thief that’s OP…WHAT’S BOTHERING MANY PEOPLE are not THIEVES, but the culling…thieves just inadvertently benefit from this less discreetly. Example of this is in SPVP, look how the fact that culling is non existent in SPVP, thieves aren’t as hated…people are barking on the wrong tree…

I don’t want to destroy thieves. If they cannot fix the culling bugs then thieves must be adjusted in wvwvw. that’s obvious.

in Thief

Posted by: Reia.5270

Reia.5270

I think direct mele damage should at LEAST make a sound and show some effect or somthing, i mean, comon, im wacking a thief with my sword or hammer and dont know it?

Except i do because my chain attack starts going off.

Of course lets be honest here: even if stealth DID break on damage its not like it would matter, thieves wouldnt render anyhow thanks to culling.

Agree with something like this. But not totally remove the stealth on damage as per OP.

How about showing the damage on hit for direct att & aoe only but the thief will still be stealthed? In this way, you kind of roughly know where they were but still need to predict their next location and movements?

in Thief

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

First, other players cant disappear in thin air again, and again, and again, except large zerg vs zerg clashes.
Second, I do not worry about the fact that others demand critical nerf, because I think that this is not required. But I think that the problem of “lolpermastealth, i kill you and you cant even see me” should be solved not in the next few years, but in the more immediate future. Damage indication, blood trail, extended revealed debuff, specific WvW “you recently go out of stealth, so your damage is lowered by X%” debuff – pick whatever you want, but something must be done.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Thief

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

The thief should lose their stealth if their health hits 75%, 50%, and 25% for any reason. That means the thief do not lose their stealth each time they get hit. But now at least other class have a way to force the thief out of stealth.

Of course, the thief can stealth again after. But at least now they cannot perma stealth.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Thief

Columba.9730

why do other games reveal thieves when they attack and when they take damage? please explain why this game is special? In all other games, thieves are squishy and their speed is much lower.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

To be honest, I rather see thieves damage greatly reduced if they want to keep their stealth. Even with stealth removed, they still hit very hard

I’d rather keep my damage than stealth thank you very much. You want to hit very hard? Roll thief and stop asking for pointless nerfing that doesn’t solve any thing.

in Thief

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Stealth if fine. Damage from stealth is too high.

I’d rather keep my damage than stealth thank you very much. You want to hit very hard? Roll thief and stop asking for pointless nerfing that doesn’t solve any thing.

LoL…. You make my point for me ^
If you want to hit very hard, roll thief? I can’t believe you just said that.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in Thief

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

As much as I hate thieves, dropping stealth on damage is going too far.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in Thief

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

@Shini – That was before they implemented the reveal timer, now, there’s a few seconds where you cannot re-stealth

I’m thief myself and know what I’m talking about. I said without doing damage its possible to do perma stealth.. via combo fields. Was just the theory about perma stealth Of course I know that it doesn’t work in-fight.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

in Thief

Azure Prower.8701

Stealth if fine. Damage from stealth is too high.

LoL…. You make my point for me ^
If you want to hit very hard, roll thief? I can’t believe you just said that.

What’s the point you’re trying to make?

Because hitting hard and being squishy is their thing? I mean there is also elementalists, but depends on your preference.

It’s like asking if you want to have pets, you roll a ranger. Want lots of defense, roll a guardian.

Ah ha! You confirmed the sky is blue! Good show sir!

in Thief

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

perhaps if we do manage to dmg the thief, the number should show…

BlackGate

in Thief

Azure Prower.8701

perhaps if we do manage to dmg the thief, the number should show…

That’s not a bad idea.

in Thief

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

No!

1. It would completely ruin the use of stealthing via Shadow Refuge because everyone would know where you are standing!

2. Channeling attacks continue to follow and hit you even once you are stealthed if you enter stealth mid attack.

3. It would ruin a lot of strategies such as running into a keep stealthed (you know how many AoE’s there are on the ground).

in Thief

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Implement it the way Team Fortress 2 did with their Spy class. Cloaking is not removed on taking damage. However, if suffering a condition in that game, the Spy – though still cloaked – is “revealed” by the condition. If they are set on fire, you see their silhouette fringed in flame; if they are bleeding, they remain cloaked but leave a trail of blood.

Furthermore, cloaking in Team Fortress 2 uses a timing device. One version of the cloaking device counts down at a certain rate while cloaked and will only recharge when uncloaked. The other cloaking device counts down to the uncloaked state much more quickly than the first. However, unlike the first cloaking device, it will recharge while the Spy remains motionless. Lastly, the Spy can not attack while cloaked. The Spy must first remove their cloak, then they can attack.

Implement similar mechanics in GW2. Thieves – when stealthed – will use up 1 point of initiative per unit of time (whatever that may be; 1 per second, 1 per 2 seconds, etc.). Stealth then becomes a trade-off of cost:benefit. If the Thief wants to remain stealthed for a longer period of time, they will use up more of their initiative, thus decreasing the effectiveness of their attacks from lack of same. If they want to burst with a high initiative pool, they won’t be able to stealth for as long.

With Thieves no longer permitted to attack from stealth, the reveal debuff could be eliminated altogether along with stealth durations of skills. As long as the Thief wisely manages their initiative resource, they will be free to enter and exit stealth for as often and as long as that resource remains available. This will reward skilled Thieves while leaving the unskilled button mashers without stealth or without the ability to burst an opponent.

In TF2 I play medic and I chop everybody head off my teamate with my doctor knife .
And awwww sorry spy did I hurt you where is your head?
Burn them alive is good choice toast them and listen sound of screem to death is beautiful~.

Anyway your idea is fair enough and must use MORE SKILL too play to get better effect but…a lot of people who know what thife is…ahem do any matter of what for protect it.

in Thief

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Implement it the way Team Fortress 2 did with their Spy class. Cloaking is not removed on taking damage. However, if suffering a condition in that game, the Spy – though still cloaked – is “revealed” by the condition. If they are set on fire, you see their silhouette fringed in flame; if they are bleeding, they remain cloaked but leave a trail of blood.

Furthermore, cloaking in Team Fortress 2 uses a timing device. One version of the cloaking device counts down at a certain rate while cloaked and will only recharge when uncloaked. The other cloaking device counts down to the uncloaked state much more quickly than the first. However, unlike the first cloaking device, it will recharge while the Spy remains motionless. Lastly, the Spy can not attack while cloaked. The Spy must first remove their cloak, then they can attack.

Implement similar mechanics in GW2. Thieves – when stealthed – will use up 1 point of initiative per unit of time (whatever that may be; 1 per second, 1 per 2 seconds, etc.). Stealth then becomes a trade-off of cost:benefit. If the Thief wants to remain stealthed for a longer period of time, they will use up more of their initiative, thus decreasing the effectiveness of their attacks from lack of same. If they want to burst with a high initiative pool, they won’t be able to stealth for as long.

With Thieves no longer permitted to attack from stealth, the reveal debuff could be eliminated altogether along with stealth durations of skills. As long as the Thief wisely manages their initiative resource, they will be free to enter and exit stealth for as often and as long as that resource remains available. This will reward skilled Thieves while leaving the unskilled button mashers without stealth or without the ability to burst an opponent.

This is a pretty good mechanic I think.
We all know that if their damage would be less, we wouldn’t have that many issues with the stealth as such…

The proposed mechanic seems a decent base for a trade of between stealth, movement and damage abilities.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Thief

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

This is a pretty good mechanic I think.
We all know that if their damage would be less, we wouldn’t have that many issues with the stealth as such…

The proposed mechanic seems a decent base for a trade of between stealth, movement and damage abilities.

So if we follow tf2 logic then thieves will be able to oneshot people with a backstab? Sounds like a good trade to me!

in Thief

Posted by: Rehk.6574

Rehk.6574

This could not work whatsoever. You’d basically eliminate the thieves ability to ever use a stealth attack once combat has started in group pvp because of all the aoe flying around.

That’s akin to saying Warriors shouldn’t be able to use 1hundred blades after combat starts. Necros shouldnt be able to fear once combat starts. Rangers shouldnt be able to use traps once combat starts…..etc

you get the point. it totally nerfs the classes combat effectiveness.

You can already dmg us in stealth. now you want to be able to break stealth on dmg too? No….just no.

Stealth IS our defense. And its not a ironclad one at that. All it does is make us invisible, you can still hit us. That’s a fair trade off for our one and only defense mechanism and core class mechanic. Deal with it.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Does the blood that hits the ground and separates from you remain invisible?

Yeah, ever wondered what the blood does with your grip on your Greatsword’s hilt?

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Thankfully Anet doesn’t listen to bads so all your QQ will be ignored. Can’t wait to see the flow of tears after the next major patch.

Learn counters, learn to predict just learn to play. Simple as that.

in Thief

Tulisin.6945

why do other games reveal thieves when they attack and when they take damage? please explain why this game is special? In all other games, thieves are squishy and their speed is much lower.

So does GW2. Thieves are revealed when they successfully attack in stealth and unable to re-stealth for 3 seconds thereafter.

in Thief

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Personal thoughts on stealth, It’s not meant to be permanent so breaking it goes against it’s design(meaning you shouldnt need stealth breakers as an opponent as it shouldnt be lasting that long)

1. Firstly apply revealed debuff when stealth ends regardless of whether or not the thief attacked from stealth or not.
AND
2. Either Make stealth abilities not stack(least favoured idea as it will render certain auto stealths from traits useless)
OR
2. make the revealed last as long as the last stealth did(with a minimum of 3 seconds regardless) this allows theives to stack shadow refuge and whatever, but when it ends (by attack or not) it will last for as long as they stacked it. Also prevents them just ending it quickly with an attack to restealth fast.

(To be clear the idea is to have both 1 and then 1 of the 2 options as well).
Culling aside this would make thieves either pick to have long durations of stealth with long durations of revealed afterwards, or simply weave in and out of stealth at a less crazy pace then it currently does, (it wont break PvE thieves this way) and it shouldnt be a huge nerf while still fixing(at least in my mind) the near infinite stealth some theives can pull off.

And yes im a thief, always have been always will be.

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Azariah.8420)

in Thief

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

Like other people mentioned, we just need to see damage numbers pop up when we hit a stealthed target. But, I don’t think damage should break stealth.

It’s pretty dumb though that you get no indication when you actually hit them. It really is the best compromise, imo(the one that makes the most logical sense, at least).

in Thief

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

maybe. we won’t know until they fix culling. they i will declare whether stealth is “fixed.”

hah! dont fool yourself kid. as soon as culling is fixed you will be right back here complaining about their burst or healing or mobility.

Sorry, but you’re just like all the other casual QQers that come and cry on the forums. Nothing changes