Stop being so melodramatic.

in Thief

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

The thief forums are being very negative right now. The majority of threads I look at are overly negative about the current state of Thief and have at least one person telling others to quit. Please make constructive posts. Yes, it may feel like the devs are ignoring you, but they are not. Necro was neglected for a while, and look where it is now? It’s a legitimately good class. Just because you’re have a tough time does not mean you should be this negative. So please, just say what you want. Keep saying it and eventually ANet will get the idea.

Edit: Now watch as everyone simultaneously misses AND proves my point.
Edit 2: I’m not saying Thief isn’t UP or that it doesn’t need buffs. How long I’ve played Thief does not matter. I’m saying the community here is too negative, as evidenced by the replies. I apologize if I didn’t phrase it the best way, but I think I made myself abundantly clear.
Edit 3: Removed some of the more negative comments in my post and rephrased it to be more positive.

Jesusmancer

(edited by The Wizland.8435)

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Oh hi. You must be new here. I will allow myself – The Great Honor- to speak the mind of most Thieves reading what you just said.

“You want buffs? Tell the devs what kind of buffs you want.”

woot this one gets the medal.Never tried that one whatsoever.

“Why don’t you be constructive and make suggestions then? "

This one gets a real trophy. Constructive? Is that a trait?

“you seem to be acting as if this was a hopeless situation wherein you would never receive buffs ever again.”

Hopelessness is the everyday state. We were shaped and born in it. Some of us with 1000+ hours eat hopelessness for breakfast and the output is feedback.

Thank you for visiting the forums. We hope you open your eyes.
————————————————————

I thought the funeral was a great idea.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Community asked for tweaks/QoL enhancements and now for mere viability of the thief class for years. Nothing ever happened aside from more nerfs.

I’m not whining. I just changed class and I advise everyone to do the same.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Thief

The Wizland.8435

Somehow when other classes were UP their forums didn’t have the majority telling people to just quit. You really haven’t been UP for that long compared to some other classes and they’ve already shown buffs for Thief, yet somehow you have the audacity to claim that Thief is neglected and that hopelessness is an everyday state. Frankly how easily you make the switch to another class shows just how much you care about Thief.

My point isn’t about whether you’re underpowered or not, nor how long you’ve been UP and “neglected” for. My point is that threads like this should be the norm, not threads like this.

Jesusmancer

(edited by The Wizland.8435)

in Thief

Posted by: Joel.8705

Joel.8705

If the majority is saying something maybe its something about the subject that u dont get. I mean i dont think that Theif players in general are more dramatic then other players.

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Oh look, another person who barely plays Thief sauntering into the Thief forums as if they own the place. Has it been 5 minutes already?

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

2 years, 4k+ games (2 accnts combined), about 4.5k hours on thief here…. there have been suggestions, l2p and what not, it just got worse and worse with every patch…. i am personally just tired… i am sure so is most long time thieves (pvp/wvw)

You know enemies you face aregetting carried by class mechanics while you are forced to play perfectly for low reward
You know your main sucks when you log on other classes that you don’t even have 1% of experience you have on thief and it is just so much more rewarding and easier…

I am tired of having to rely on my enemy to be a total idiot so i can succeed….
I am tired of watching this class consistently nerfed (directly/indirectly) while class isues are not adressed for years (or never)….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Welcome to the thief forums!

You must be new here and full of hope! We’re glad to see a fresh and energetic face here with hope shining in your eyes, but I believe that it would be best for you to re-roll to a different class before wasting too much time “mastering” the class.

Constructive feedback, please check the BWE3 Daredevil thread, read the feedback and then read what the dev posted in response. That’s just a sample. There’s also been countless threads (I haven’t recorded them though :/) on improving P/P, their response as of right now (waiting till Tuesday to find out more) is 20% damage increase. Then, look at the Change Wish List in my signature, and read the threads that have been linked in there – which none of got a response (and judging by the changes, even looked at).

Then, look at all the patch notes for the thief and tally up how many buffs and nerfs we got. Read the Nerf Wish List (resurrected and the old version), there’s been a couple that actually came true.

Despite all this, there are still relatively constructive posts being made even today.

If you believe all classes are treated equally, you’re sadly wrong.
Welcome to the thief forums!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

OP, I ever seen you post something on the Thief’s Forum, but here you are telling people what should or should not be the norm. Now that is audacity. I am curious what your main prof is, because it’s certaintly not Thief.

Any Thief who frequently checks the our forum knows whatever you just said is no news. There are countless of threads worthy of attention, literally chapters of amazing feedback with mechanics, suggestion that could turn the profession upside down.

We even have one Necromancer, altruist enough, helping us get some kitten done.

Yet you come here, with whatever profession you main, to give us more rubbish.What are you bringing to the table with this thread? uh? Not any better than the Funeral.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Joel.8705

2 years playing crafting incinerator buying fused shortbow skin for what? being nerfed in to a +1/pet. Im not going to stop playing thief but im not going to pretend that its all good and alright.

in Thief

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Somehow when other classes were UP their forums didn’t have the majority telling people to just quit. You really haven’t been UP for that long compared to some other classes and they’ve already shown buffs for Thief, yet somehow you have the audacity to claim that Thief is neglected and that hopelessness is an everyday state. Frankly how easily you make the switch to another class shows just how much you care about Thief.

Why should I insist on being dead weight for my team/server when I can also wipe the floor with people as mesmer/ele?
I have maining thief until february or so through countless nerfs, I didn’t switch easily. But in the end of the day, GW2 is a game. I switched because I cannot see the fun in clinging to the carcass of a class in the faint hope that it will be playable again in the future. Why should I waste my spare time with being beaten/useless when I could also enjoy being able to contribute or beating people in 1v1?

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Thief

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

You know your main sucks when you log on other classes that you don’t even have 1% of experience you have on thief and it is just so much more rewarding and easier…

I have over 1,500 hours on my thief and I just started playing Guardian 2 weeks ago. In sPvP I’ve already easily won 3v1 on Guardian while I’m reading the skills as I fight to see what they do. On Thief I am nowhere near as capable yet I know the profession very very well.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

while I’m reading the skills as I fight to see what they do.

That made me lol.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

while I’m reading the skills as I fight to see what they do.

That made me lol.

that is true tho… i am in exact same situation on ele atm……. :|

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Same on my Necro. My mad outplays man. So proud. (DS 4, afk auto. oh look two dead thieves and I went to go grab a bagel. k)

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Thief

The Wizland.8435

Actually, I’ve played thief for 37 hours. Anyways, you seem to be completely ignoring my point, so I guess I’ll just leave since apparently no one here wants to be constructive. Overly negative forums (such as this one) are extremely predictable, boring, and no fun, not to mention no help to anyone.

Jesusmancer

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Actually, I’ve played thief for 37 hours. Anyways, you seem to be completely ignoring my point, so I guess I’ll just leave since apparently no one here wants to be constructive. Overly negative forums (such as this one) are extremely predictable, boring, and no fun, not to mention no help to anyone.

You’ve played 37 hours compared to the thousands that many here have poured into this class.

Anyway, I’d like to address some inaccuracies in your post. It is true that there is a lot of negativity here (an issue that I’d like to see addressed), but it’s definitely not true that there is no constructive feedback going on. For you to just come in here and tell us that we’re not trying to make things better just feels like a huge slap in the face.

in Thief

Posted by: zzBlurryzz.7492

zzBlurryzz.7492

This guy has played Thief 37 hours, I’m sitting at over 3000 on D/D Thief. Go try D/D thief and then tell me all classes get treated the same.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Stop being so melodramatic, he said, melodramatically.

As I always do when I see these posts, I say:

Whining about whining. How meta.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Amante.8109

37 hours is a drop in the bucket here, OP. At any rate, perhaps you should take your own advice? There’s nothing constructive about dropping into a forum you don’t normally post in so that you can tell people their thoughts and feelings are wrong, but YOU have it all figured out.

in Thief

Posted by: Andrew.6487

Andrew.6487

You are so cute.
You should be proud of your honest, it’s worth to be encouraged. But 37 hours is too small to understand something, so you didn’t know what happened to theives, sure you don’t know why we are so upseted now.

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

I have 5500h on my thieves, so I’m sorry that doesn’t impress me :P
What have I won? ^^
Like some people said, there are/were a hell lot of suggestions and constructive feedback always around. Yes, right now, too. There is a lot of frustration on the forum and fo r some parts I can understand it —> I never wanted to have to go back to full shadow-arts line and since the patch its a must (last 3 years a lot of suggestions to change SA were made a d what happens? CiS gets grandmaster wtf) – feline grace nerfed (S/D wasn’t even in meta before) and we get a elite-spec with more dodges… Well, in short there happened some things that were very frustrating.
For my part I couldn’t play PvP the last month, so I’m mostly watching and correcting some things. For example that the “buff” for vigorous recovery (vigor on heal) 5sec vigor to 7sec vigor actually isn’t a buff. It was on that time BEFORE the patch in juni cause of boon-duration in acro, which we havn’t got after the duration got removed.

I was able to enjoy the new dodges with 500 ping… That is really frustrating. Normal dodges still show the annimatin instantly, while the endurance drains a little bit later (at that time the real dodge happens. Elite dodges not being real dodges? Weird, right?

At the end… You defenitly should read through all the posts, there were some really interesting discussions going on.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Time is not everything but 37 is not worthy of your thread or claims even to me, you have nothing else to back it up either. I multiclassed when I first started and wasn’t around since launch or beta but 37 is a no no. Dig deeper if you saw no constructive feedback you are only seeing what you want to see.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Amante.8109

I was[n’t?] able to enjoy the new dodges with 500 ping… That is really frustrating. Normal dodges still show the annimatin instantly, while the endurance drains a little bit later (at that time the real dodge happens. Elite dodges not being real dodges? Weird, right?

For what it’s worth, that’s the one and only thing we can count on getting fixed. The animations are going to get even more bland and generic to do it, but the DD dodges should be very reliable come HoT release.

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

I was[n’t?] able to enjoy the new dodges with 500 ping… That is really frustrating. Normal dodges still show the annimatin instantly, while the endurance drains a little bit later (at that time the real dodge happens. Elite dodges not being real dodges? Weird, right?

For what it’s worth, that’s the one and only thing we can count on getting fixed. The animations are going to get even more bland and generic to do it, but the DD dodges should be very reliable come HoT release.

Yep, I just meant that what everyone was feeling with the dodges, I had it like 5-times stronger cause of the high ping —> was looking funny at least tbh ^^

Was there any update how exactly the dodges are simpler? Will it be like warrior-dodge trait (normal dodge + damage), just that our dodge is a combo-finisher, too? Dash was declared to still be some different move.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Constructive? Like we’ve tried to be since the last patch?

You can only make so many threads with so many suggestions before you feel like you’re just banging your head against a wall. Even if the only response to these was “Hey, we read this.” it would do a lot to alleviate what you consider to be melodramatic threads.

Let’s take a look at pistols. The problem isn’t the damage, it’s the fact that damage is largely based around Unload. So what’s happening (based on the info)? Just a damage buff. That’s not the problem. The community has identified the problem with pistols pretty much since the beginning of the game. They lack the mobility and defence that every other thief set has, but they’re giving it a damage buff….

Auto could have its damage increased to a 0.7 multiplier since it’s single target damage at only 900 range.

Pistol 2 could have a boon strip or something that would put the utility on par with SB.

Unload could have its shots cut in half if they’d give it a backwards roll (and buff auto). The whole skill could fire 4 shots over 0.75 seconds while giving a 0.5 second evade frame similar to shortbow.

Then put a piercing trait in for pistols. They need some way to compete with the multitarget capabilities of shortbow which far outclasses pistols in a teamfight.

But no. We’ve been making suggestions for months after we became underwhelming since the last patch and years for other suggestions. Deathblossom is another skill that comes to mind. So, sorry if we’re tired of being being constructive, but its not like we get any better response than if we’re throwing a fit.

You lack perspective and experience.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

• “Whining gets you nowhere. Whining does not solve anything, as it is not constructive. It is destructive and helps no one, least of all you.”
  • “I’ve played thief for 37 hours”
    Good for you several thieves in this forum have several thousand hours on thief and are more qualified than you are to talk about its problems.

So you made a topic whining…about whining? You somehow think it will be productive… nice. Please take your uninformed self out of thief section of the forums and talk about something you are more qualified on. This would, as you say be more productive instead of telling us(through whining) we’re not allowed to “whine” about being nerfed every single balance patch since release.

Several valid thief topics are just straight up ignored regardless of tone,content, and clarity.

#ThiefStruggleIsReal
#ReRolledToRev

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

LOL.

OP should have kept his /age time to himself. You lost all credibility and it’s irrecuperable.

Donald Trump, Is that you?

GM and Moderators need to come and lock this thread.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Anyways, as entertaining as it is reading this thread…

We should really stop feeding this troll thread.

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Well OP does have a point, it’s been kind of a riot here. And this is coming from a thief main. I just say we wait till Tuesday and if things aren’t better then that’s when we have permission to start sacrifices.

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

thief is UP and reason why people might cry harder then rangers (who ever mentioned that) atleast rangers had their longbow and range…

lets go to WvW
what a thief has? to enjoy his time among a blob?
you gotta watch ur screen so carefully to not make a miss step in a red circle or your dead.
you cant tag a kitten unless u like to walk behind your blob killing the rally bots

meanwhile u see pretty much every other melee class steam roll tru red circles like its nothing etc.
now i know thief not suppose to be at front line etc blabaala but right now a thief is just good for
A) stay in tower and scout
B) go cap camps
C) i dont know..

for sPvP
well here i adjusted my thief to point i cant complain about thief but im not playin thief the way its suppose to be played a warrior/guardian would do it better.
but i would call my self the (bunker) dodge thief annoying as kitten absolutely zero dmg 100% relaying on my teamm8s to help me out in a fight, unless enemy is a complete kitten i can kill em.

since i quite enjoy being irritating kitten with 5 dodges on the click more with S/D spam etc but w/e 5 dodges 100% without using any skill on the 1 to 5 bar.

then again as far i knew thief was suppose to be a bursty dmg dealer get in and out quick. which is still correct but Anet has decide to give us thiefs a “you cant make any error or u die” play mode.

if u see elementalist he completely kitten s everything tanks like a kittening guardian if not better thought elementalist was wearing light armor (robes) shouldnt pretty much any1 tear them apart if they get hit by a burst toon? if for example ele/mesmer/necro has hp and no survivalbility of a thief it would make more sense to me, even tho i dont wish these classes to ever get in this corner as thief is in now..

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Actually, I’ve played thief for 37 hours.

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

The Wizland.8435

I don’t see how long I’ve played Thief even matters. This isn’t a discussion on whether the class is UP or whether it needs buffs. My point is that the community here is overly negative and toxic, as evidenced by the replies. I apologize if I didn’t phrase it the best way, but I think I made myself abundantly clear.

Jesusmancer

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Actually, I’ve played thief for 37 hours.

Well dang. I guess I’ll just shut up now. You obviously have extensive experience with the balance history of the class and are fully aware of the long history of constructive balance threads on these forums.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Posted by: skyd.9678

skyd.9678

I don’t see how long I’ve played Thief even matters. This isn’t a discussion on whether the class is UP or whether it needs buffs. My point is that the community here is overly negative and toxic, as evidenced by the replies. I apologize if I didn’t phrase it the best way, but I think I made myself abundantly clear.

Man it’s quite simply, you pointed out that we didn’t help with constructive idea wtc. but you’re totally wrong. There are tons of thread with suggestion and fix for the thief appearead during years, all of them totally ignored. Ok you have 37 hours on thief, i have more than 4k and i play from beta of gw2, i see often this forum and i can tell you that during years people did tons of suggestion.
Now, after so much nerfs who bring us from god-like to totally thrash people is just bored to keep hope. When you try to give positive suggestion and none of them is used you just get angry, and this is what is happening.

R.I.P. thieves

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Well OP does have a point, it’s been kind of a riot here. And this is coming from a thief main. I just say we wait till Tuesday and if things aren’t better then that’s when we have permission to start sacrifices.

Come on down to the Pitchfork Emporium!

WE GOT ’EM ALL!
Traditional: —-E
Left Handed: ?-— (defective)
Fancy: —-{

Discount and Clearance Forks!
33% OFF: —-F
66% OFF: ---L
Manufacturer’s Defect: —-e

NEW IN STOCK. DIRECTLY FROM LIECHTENSTEIN. EUROPEAN MODELS!
The Euro: —-€
The Pound: ---£
The Lira: —-? (defective)

Happy Lynching!

shamelessly taken from /r/pitchforkemporium

Edit: it seems some of our pitchforks are defective

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Necro was way more negative then this and I mean way more. Everything is not perfect with necro right now and I am not advertising negativity just reality but it seems that so far complaining after the constructive feedback was ignored has worked the best but not ideally. Honestly I’m controlling my “reality” until tuesday most of us just feel like releasing it now. “He who knows his name” has been on downhill road lately we practically are obligated to spread fire unfortunately.

Their sense of humor is bitter.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Joel.8705

I agree with u on that maybe some should not encurage other players to switch class based on the state of the class, if u enjoy it play it. But on the other hand maybe they are to fed up with nerfs and the time invested in game i can understand that and i feal that to. If only the devs could egnolige that there is a problem and tell us that they are going to do something about it. Until then i dont feal that the frustration is misplaced and maybe they need to see the reaktion.

(edited by Joel.8705)

in Thief

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

I personally am over the word Toxic and its usage. People love to throw that around casually when they say something stupid. Upon said stupid statement being pointed out for them and just how dumb what they said was, this is usually the first response.

So the next step is to claim that people are being mean to you since toxic failed, because you’re whining about whining…additionally you are claiming thief players are overly negative?

First, provide proof that you are the one who dictates how negative we are allowed to be Mr Troll and second, get real please. You have no idea how long thief players have waited for positive responses for their class, and how silent from devs the thief forum has been for pretty much forever.

How many expansions later will it eventually be fixed? and how much more money will they have to shell out to get a fix to their class so it isn’t neutered?

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

My point is that the community here is overly negative and toxic, as evidenced by the replies.

I agree that you have contributed to the creation of a negative, toxic community. How about instead of whining about whining, you tell us how to improve thief. Or perhaps how it’s OP. Or anything remotely resembling the “constructive” environment you favor.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

The Wizland.8435

Looking over what I said before, I was being a bit hypocritical and negative myself. I still think the community here could be better though. I edited my first post to have a more positive tone. Just at least wait until Tuesday to complain, they’ve already shown a few good changes (such as increased damage on pistols).

Jesusmancer

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m going to complain now, and stop complaining on tuesday if it’s any good.

Seems like a waste of time to complain after a problem is resolved. I should know. I’m on the thief forums, where all we do is complain.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Thief

Kocoff.7582

Just drop it guys.

Where are the moderators when you need them? Close this thread cause it leads nowhere.

let’s get working & complaining like we usually do.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Looking over what I said before, I was being a bit hypocritical and negative myself. I still think the community here could be better though. I edited my first post to have a more positive tone. Just at least wait until Tuesday to complain, they’ve already shown a few good changes (such as increased damage on pistols).

But damage wasn’t the issue with pistols… Just stop trying and wait for tuesday as well.

The Dhuumfire thread